The Grimm Reapers

By luna17

Most teenagers like to say that their life is hard, and that everyday is hell. Try doing it when your own dad... More

The Grimm Reapers
Chapter Two: Am I really ready?
Chapter Four: I am a reaper.
Chapter Five: Someone's gonna pay
Chapter Six: The protection seal
Chapter Seven: What are you hiding?
Chapter Eight: How is he alive?
Chapter Nine: I want my brother back.
Chapter Ten: What draws me to her?
Chapter Eleven: What are you?!
Chapter Twelve: He doesn't know?
Chapter Thirteen: You knew? And you never told me?!
Chapter Fourteen: I know what he wants
Chapter Fifteen: I won't be second best
Chapter Sixteen: I'm proud of her
Chapter Seventeen: You are not just a reaper!
Chapter Eighteen: She did it...or did she.
Chapter Nineteen: The Grim Reaper's Wrath
Chapter Twenty:The new Grim Reaper.
Chapter Twenty-one: Lenore's pain
Chapter Twenty-two: I'm almost free
Chapter Twenty-three: I'm losing control
Chapter Twenty-four: I understand now
Chapter Twenty-five: I am back!
Chapter Twenty-six: Re born
Chapter Twenty-seven: Let's get started
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A mother's secrets
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The decision
Chapter Thirty: The pain of knowing
Chapter Thirty-one: A father's past
Chapter Thirty-two:Their decision
Chapter Thirty-three: Just two more days...
Chapter Thirty- Four: Just a little longer.
Chapter Thirty-Five: My life is already complicated
Chapter Thirty-Six: learning about his past
Chapter Thirty-Seven: What happened to Teresa?
Chapter Thirty-Eight: I remember
Chapter Thirty-Nine: An angel is born
Chapter Forty: Watch your back
Chapter Forty-one: I'll save a friend, but kill a b***h.
Chapter Fourty-Two: Don't keep me waiting
Chapter Forty-three: A mother knows.
Chapter Forty-four: One step closer.
Chapter Fourty-Five: Bringing down the house

Chapter Three: The Reaper's smile

1K 37 3
By luna17

*Blake*

I took her book and went to my room. Then locked the door once I was inside. I don't need mom, and especially dad coming in here and seeing me read this. I opened the solid black book and I felt my jaw drop again. She has unlocked just about all the reaper abilities, and wrote down what they do. She has them dated and numbered by when she unlocked them, and how many tries it took to master them. A lot of them had two, some had one, a few of them had five.

As I read each of her abilities I couldn't help but feel my confidence get smaller and smaller. Lolita really was gifted, and she would be to control dad's scythe without any problems. She even drew a picture of dad's scythe and I have to hand it to her, she has major skills.

"I guess I better get studying."

***********************************************************************************************

*Lolita*

I sat next to my window and watched all the soul outside. Lenore was in the backyard talking to the spirit of a little boy. She looked so happy. Mom stepped out and made her go inside, the neighbors were looking at her again. They like to keep an eye on Lenore since their dog was found dead in the woods, and Lenore was smiling when they found it. They actually tried yelling at my dad saying Lenore was a strange child and needed to see a professional. Dad was so pissed he scared the shit out of them. Since then they only watch her and try to record her, but their videos always 'erase' when they go and look back at them.

"Lolita." I look at my door and see my mom standing there. "Did you do it?"

"On it mom." I look back at the neighbors and focus on the camera they tried to hide. One of our powers is messing with electronics that could reveal our secrets. Many humans have devoted their lives to hunting things they can't explain, so we learn how to mess with their equipment.

"It's done."

"Thank you sweet heart. Can we talk?" I knew there was something else, there always is. I sat on my bed next to her, and she looked me straight in the eyes. When she does this it means she wants me to be honest and not lie.

"What's up?"

"Honey, have you meet any boys you like?" Not what I was expecting. Normally she wants to talk about what my plans are for when I have to battle Blake, or if I know what I want to be if Blake becomes the next grim reaper. We have never once talked about stuff like this, so I must have looked completely lost. She was laughing so hard.

"Relax dear. It's only a question."

"No, I don't see the point in it. If I fall for a human boy they will eventually grow old and die. How would I explain to them why I never age and will never die along with them? What's more, I would never be able to tell him what we really are."

"I know. I was just wondering if maybe you have, that's all."

"If I ever find an Immortal boy, I'll let you know." I laid back and heard her get up and walk out shutting my door behind her. I looked at my ceiling, still thinking about what she said. I never really gave this topic any thought. Liked said, I didn't see the point in it. Sure, there were a lot of attractive human boys, but I could never fall for any of them. The shock on learning I'm the daughter of the grim reaper would kill them alone. I needed to talk to someone, so I called Teresa.

"Is it my time?!"

"Why do you always answer the phone like that?" I sat up and walked back towards the window.

"Sorry, what's up?"

"Mom was in here, and she was acting weird."

"She's married to your dad. How weirder can she get?"

"True...but that's not what I mean." I was having a staring contest with a spirit that flew up in front of my window...he was winning.

"Well, what did she say?"

"She asked if...I lost...if I had fallen for a boy."

"Have you?! Girl I am your best friend and you didn't tell me?! I think I might die...I see your dad!"

"Teresa, cut the drama."

"Sorry...but have you?"

"No, you know why I can't." I got up and shifted my wings, I wanted to finish this conversation in person. "Teresa, I'm coming over. Leave your window open."

"Yes my queen." We hung up and I made sure I was invisible before I flew out my window. It was already dark outside and I loved flying with the moon high above me, it gave the city a nice glow.

I flew trough Teresa's window and hid my wings, she was sitting on her bed.

"Sup."

"I will never understand how you can be okay with this." I sat next to her and she just smiled at me. Unlike me Teresa is very bubbly, her room is a perfect example of that. Her walls were a light purple color, except for a wall she was drawing on. She had a few voodoo doll key chains on her dresser and her closet was open reviling all her brightly colored clothes.

"So go on from were you left off." She was eating some Doritos she had in a bowl.

"I don't know why she would ask this all of a sudden, she never has before. You all know very well why I don't date."

"But Blake does...every night." She said the last part with a bored face. Even though he says he won't settle down, he goes out with a new girl each night. His phone is filled with girls numbers. 

"And what happens after they get done having sex with him?"

"They lose a day off their life counter." That was another reason I don't want to fall for a human. The body of a grim reaper is so deadly, we can literally kill someone with it. My father can kill someone with just a single finger. It's call 'death's touch'.

"So you won't ever fall in love?"

"No. There's no point. Even you Teresa have a life counter, and someday we're gonna have to part ways." She leaned closer to me with her puppy dog face. She really wants to know.

"Please?" If her face gets any closer I will end up kissing her.

"Fist off, back up unless you want a kiss. And second, no." I stood up and sat on her desk chair. She gave me a playful glare and stuffed more Doritos in her mouth.

"That's hot." Her door opened and her mom stepped in.

"Teresa...Oh! Hello Lolita, I didn't know you were here. Come, give me a hug." Teresa's mom was a sweet woman who always has a smile on her face. The first day Teresa brought me over she hugged me so tight my eyeballs almost popped out, and I am not kidding about that.

"Hello Mrs.Robin, It's nice to see you." She let me go and I took in a much needed breath of air.

"Sorry about that Lola. Mija, I wanted to let you know your brother will be here in two days!" She sounded so happy as she walked out the room and closed the door.

"You Okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I didn't know you had a brother, how come you never told me?" She just shrugged and went back to eating her chips. I smiled and let it drop, I looked at the time.

"Hey, I gotta go. See you at school."

"Later!" I jumped and flew out her window and headed home. I flew fast and jumped into my room, I quickly hid my wings and went downstairs. Everyone was already in dads office.

"Lolita, sit down." I sat next to Blake and Lenore while our mom stood behind our dad. He was in his reaper form, so this wasn't good. "Children, we have a problem. It appears someone may have figured out who we are and is trying to lure us out. The constant number of wondering souls has been increasing more and more, but only in this city alone. Someone is messing with my system and I WILL NOT HAVE THAT!" He screamed so loud he opened a gate to the spirit world. I saw so many wondering soul.

"Love, calm down." Mom places a hand on his shoulder and he relaxed and closed the gate. Mom is the only one I know that is able to calm dad down when he gets like that.

"Thank you my queen. As I was saying, keep your guard up. Chaos would break if the humans learn that a family of reapers was living in their own city. Do not let yourselves be discovered, you all know the punishment for that." We all touched the back of our necks at the same time, even Lenore. We made the mistake of letting ourselves be discovered once, and the price for that is something none of us will ever forget.

"Do you all understand, children?"

"We understand father." You will never know true fear, till you see the reaper smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 279 20
In the last book, Nina and Alex were faced with the hardships or love, life, and death. They thought that their love was strong enough to get them th...
9.2K 293 45
They both craved something more, something to fill the emptiness that their lives held, but neither of them expected for the love they shared to chan...
66 7 7
A group of friends must band together in order to survive as they find themselves entangled in a fight for survival when their school is overrun by t...
49 22 15
There's nothing quite like being "daddy's little girl". Unless, of course your father gives you the job of hunting down the impure souls of the world...