Hunters Of Reality

By LinkDB

17-year old Yoshida Ryou possesses an incredible ability--to be able to see the past of things or people he t... More

Chapter 1: The man from England
Chapter 2: Narrow escape
Chapter 3: Yurei
Chapter 4: New lives
Chapter 5: Kibouyama Academy
Chapter 6: Test of qualification
Chapter 7: Roommates
Chapter 8: Beginning of a new semester
Chapter 9: Battle Terrain
Chapter 10: Match time
Chapter 11: Monster
Chapter 12: Imperium
Chapter 13: Source of all
Chapter 14: Oblivious
Chapter 15: The Founders
Chapter 16: Busted
Chapter 17: TYB
Chapter 18: Revival of TREC
Chapter 19: The Red Snow Massacre
Chapter 20: Captain
Chapter 21: The Nine Muhaijin
Chapter 22: Advanced stuff
Chapter 23: Overkill
Chapter 24: Suspicion
Chapter 25: Terrorist
Chapter 26: Allegations and theories
Chapter 27: The ghost is...
Chapter 28: Hime-chan
Chapter 29: Horrors of the Night
Chapter 30: New conditions of challenge
Chapter 31: Taste of defeat
Chapter 32: Agreement

Prologue

407 25 13
By LinkDB

'Our lives cannot be predicted, as we're not god.'

Quite the popular saying, isn't it? Considering that it is quite ironic, as most people end up the same way. Many hope to have their futures foretold, by people who claim to be able to do so, such as fortune tellers. Even in the 21st century, it is so common that people even believe, and fall for it. But that doesn't matter. Because nothing can be foretold beforehand.

But what I mean here isn't something related to god, nor humanity. It is about time itself. How can you think of predicting something if it hasn't even happened yet? This is what people fail to understand.

The problem here isn't about the uncertain future, but of the ignored past. What if a person, similar to a fortune teller, is able to tell the past of a certain somebody? Or the history of an unknown object, say, an artefact? What if they could use this to learn more about things whose origins cannot be perfectly determined, or deduced? Wouldn't they be considered god? This is why the quote earlier is useless.

There is no future to look into, but a past to be known and remembered.

If you were given an ability to see other people's pasts, or the history of objects, just by the mere touch of a hand, what would you do? How would you react? Not pleasantly, obviously. But this can never happen. Ever.

This---happened to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 132 10
Transported-Died-Reincarnated. This is the story of Alexander Inoue, a 17-year-old boy who travelled to another world. Awesome! He'll get superpowers...
299 2 9
*DISCONTINUED* Kageyama x reader Kageyama is the same as always uptight, moody, and socially awkward. Or is that just an act? (Y/n) is an average...
335 13 10
In this story yn is 17, Rindou is 18 and Ran is 19. yn's boyfriend Sato is 23 so TW: grooming, mental problems, medically prescribed drugs, sexual th...
11.7K 399 27
READ DESCRIPTION Y/n has a tragic backstory, and one day she had enough. She didn't go home from school and just sat on a bench. She was about to ha...