Where The Time Has Gone || UN...

By arandomhello

Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and de... More

|Copyright Notice|
|Timeline|
• Autumn •
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|10|
• Winter •
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
• Spring •
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|

|09|

1.1K 36 11
By arandomhello

9. A little snack won't hurt...never mind

Over the course of the last seventeen years of my life. I have found out there are exactly three stages you go through while doing anything somewhat productive.

Stage one or what I like to call it. The 'let's do this' stage. This is the stage everyone goes through instantly when trying to do something productive. It usually consists of you shutting off any electronic devices, getting all your supplies ready, and you lying to yourself.

Then there's stage two. The 'a little snack won't hurt' stage. This one is pretty obvious. You stop working and go and get some snacks. Then you keep getting snacks, and getting snacks, and continue to get snacks; up until you realize you ate your whole kitchen.

The final stage is what I like to call 'why don't I just give up now' stage. Usually this stage affects high school or college students. Sometimes people skip the snack stage completely. Landing themselves on this one.

There are 24 hours, 1440 minutes, and 86400 seconds in a day; and nowhere in that time will Blake ever get his history paper done. No wonder he failing that class. He straight up sucks.

"I don't understand why she making us write an essay in world war two." He groans, readjusting himself where his propped up on his elbows. My laptop sitting in front of him.

"Well it was the most deadliest and most widespread war in history." I explain. "Definitely a major war of the world."

Blake's eyes widened while looking at the screen. "Did you know the quote be the change you want to see in the world was said by Adolf Hitler."

"Good quote. Bad man." I grin while scrolling though my social media pages.

About a couple minutes later is when Blake finally hit stage three.

He stood up abruptly making me almost fall out of my chair. He rose his hands to the back of his head, stretching out his back. The lower part of his shirt lifted up, and with a loud pop, he sighed in relief. Putting his arms down once more.

"How about we go grab something to eat?" He suggests. The word 'eat' made my stomach start growling. Realizing it now, I didn't have anything to eat this whole day.

I forgot to eat! Which is not only strange because food is a requirement for life, but I love food. More like worship it. Right now I could go for a decent sized ham and cheese sandwich. Extra cheese. I love cheese.

Blake look down at my stomach and smiled. "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

"We should probably finish up your paper." I suggest. My stomach took another second before releasing a massive thunder storm.

"I'm not gonna let you starve." He jokingly says. He held out his hand for me. "Now come on."

Sighing, I took his hand into mine. You'd expect me to be prepared to face his grip. I mean he's a football player for peep sakes. He should have a strong grip. If I didn't have to deal with stepbrothers, he's grip would of crushed my hand. I like to think because of the self-defense class my older stepbrother gave me, made my hand strong.

"You ready?" He asked. Looking at me with those dark brown eyes into mine.

Before I could say anything, my stomach answered for me. Causing Blake to burst out in a laughter.

"You know your stomach should answer for you more often." He jokes. "A lot nicer."

"You should stop talking more often. Less annoying." I fire back.

He laughs and soon enough, I'm laughing along with him.

"So tell me." I say in between bites of my ham and cheese with extra cheese sandwich.

The café around us was empty. Then again it's only five on a Monday, makes sense. It was just Blake and me, also the barista; but I'm pretty sure he's watching a superhero movie in the back.

"What made you go into football?" I continue my question.

He sat back, taking a sip from that disgusting coffee of his. "What do you mean?"

"The Blake I remember was with big round glasses and crooked teeth." I grin. "So how did you go from that time this?"

"As in this you mean incredibly handsome." He smiles while gesturing to his whole body.

Your attraction level just decreased.

"You mean incredibly cocky?" I joke.

"Very funny." He glares along with his sarcastic remark.

"I think I'm incredibly hilarious." I smile before taking another bite of my sandwich.

Blake leaned in and propped himself up with his elbows onto the table. A tiny smile on his face. "My parents wanted me to try a sport."

"Aren't all parents like that?" Last time I remember, mom wanted me to become a dancer. She even put me in dance classes against my will.

"You'll be shocked." He grins. "Anyways. I tried everything. Soccer, first day got hit in the head and knocked me out cold."

"Ouch."

"Baseball, bat almost hit me and I was the one batting. I even tried golf and I sort of hit myself in the-"

"Alright I don't need to hear that part." I cut him off.

He chuckled slightly. "Then I tried football. It felt like there was a bond between me and that ball. Like two best friends facing the world together. Also I was somewhat good. So here I am, star quarterback for East High."

"Are you guys talking about Blake's success?" Tara demon like voice traveled into my ear.

I saw the tall, slim, redhead take her seat next to Blake. Landing a kiss on his cheek before turning to me. "Blake is such a good football player, don't you think Julia?"

My eyes darted from Tara to Blake.

"Don't you think Julia?" She said somewhat a little louder.

Someone please give me some holy water.

"Tara." Blake went in to stop her.

"Come on Julia it's just a yes or no question." She continued.

"Uh. I've never seen him play." I quickly say. Only because I was absolutely terrified for my life. It's like one of those paranormal movies. Where the girl flips the table and begins to suffocate me with even laying a finger on me. If Theo was here, he say she's part witch.

Tara jaw dropped. "You've never seen him play!"

"She did just move back." Blake added.

"You must come to the homecoming game Friday."

The what and the what now?

"Uh, they aren't really my thing."

"It will be fun. Great school gathering." She goes on, "also Blake's gonna score the winning touchdown. Right?"

"Uh. We could hope." Blake mumbles.

"I think I'll pass." I say as kindly as possible.

"Well if you change your mind, you won't regret it." She smiles.

"Tara how about you go get yours a coffee or something?" Blake handed her a five dollar bill.

"You're the best." She grinned before going to order some mysterious concoction for herself.

I looked back to Blake, waiting for an explanation.

"Sorry about her. She gets on these things and doesn't stop till she gets an answer." He explains.

I haven't noticed. "She's definitely something else." I say before taking a sip from my hot chocolate.

"Deep down she's really an amazing person." He continues. "I'm glad to have her in my life."

"Like I said. She's definitely something else."

"What you guys doing here anyways?" Tara reappears in the picture.

"Julia was helping me on my history paper and we decided to go get some food." He explains to Tara.

"Aw. That's so sweet of you Julia." She placed her hands on mine. I wanted to move it away, but I felt like that would be rude.

"Yeah." I mumble.

So sweet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 154K 74
"We need to start from the beginning. We need to find out who actually did it." ••• Alexandra Black's new found perfect life turns upside down when h...
289K 7.2K 38
"They say all good boys go to heaven but bad boys bring heaven to you " Leading a normal life is boring right? Why don't we add a few bad boys to it...
2.6K 114 27
If you ask a normal person, How does it feel to be 25?? "A new bright age, for any gender to start thinking of how to settle down with his/her partn...
3.4K 867 40
WARNING: This book will cause uncontrollable laughing. You have been warned. Character Quotes: "The key to success is... Live, laugh, love. Obvious a...