Where The Time Has Gone || UN...

By arandomhello

Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and de... More

|Copyright Notice|
|Timeline|
• Autumn •
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
• Winter •
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
• Spring •
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|

|05|

1.3K 45 3
By arandomhello

5. Making Frenemies

The ride wasn't as bad as I predicted. Besides Blake trying to start a conversation every minute, I was able to just zone out. Or at least until he started to talk again, ruining my not thinking thing.

"So what motivated you to come back to East high?" He asks.

I rolled my eyes. Leaning my head against the window. "I guess moving in with my dad."

"I forgot your parents weren't...uh."

"Together." I say for him since he looked completely awkward stating out the obvious. I shut my eyes, resting them for a minute until he started blabbering again.

"How is it?" He started up again. "Living with your dad?"

"Why do you care?" I look over at him. His one arm rested on the drunk holder, the other one on the wheel. He looked over and smiled for a quick second.

"Sensitive topic. Got it." He jokes.

I smile slightly at his lame joke.

"And she does smile!" He yells.

I looked away from him again and focused on watching the trees and building go by us. Every once in awhile I'd get a glimpse of the beach where people were tanning, playing volleyball, and other stuff like that.

"What you wanna listen too?" He asks kindly. Pulling up his Spotify and searching for a playlist.

"Whatever. I'm not picky." I say.

A rock band came on first and it triggered something in Blake because he started to sing along. So apparently Blake has a secret talent of singing because damn that dude got a voice. One of those voices where once you hear it, you feel like you're gonna cry. You don't know why you're gonna cry, probably because you wish you were that talented, but it just hits you in the feels. And well a man who can sing is an instant turn on for me. Except Blake. He definitely not a turn on for me.

Finally I was able to rest my head in peace.

"We'll we're here." He says.

I opened my eyes and see our apartment building towering above us in our small parking spot.

I rub my drowsy eyes who just want to close and climbed out of the car. Blake handed me my backpack and swung his over his shoulder.

"If you snored I would've left you on the side of the road." He smiles. Walking with me to our houses. I mean we did live across from each other.

"Well aren't you friendly." I say sarcastically.

I went to open my door, but it didn't turn. I was locked out. Just like this morning when I tried to get a bandaid before walking to school until Blake, rudely interrupted.

Blake turned around. "If you want you can come inside until your dad gets home."

Such a kind offer, but that mean I'd have to socialize with you for a fifth time. Four is defiantly plenty.

"I'll just go grab some food at the café." I tell him. Its a lie, but I'm such a believable person. Which was also a lie.

"Let me walk with you." He then suggests. "I mean they're a lot of creeps that way."

"It's fine." I play with my necklace my mother gave me. Nothing special. Literally it is just a cursive J for Julia.

"Alright." He seemed kind of bummed, but I will not be tempted by the guilt trip. Been with Rebecca practically my whole life, it's no longer a weakness of mine. "See you tomorrow Julia."

"Bye." I wave slightly indicating it is okay to leave now.

He opened his door and stopped. Turning around slowly. "You need a ride tomorrow?"

"I can take the bus." I explain.

"Alright be ready at seven." He smiled before walking inside and vanishing from view.

He just did that didn't he? My stomach growled. Just lying about going to the café down the street made me hungry. Eh, it's a five minute walk which is not too bad.

Just as I walked in I spotted every cheerleader at a nearby table. Sighing, I walked to the order station for the barista to take my order.

"Welcome to café what can I get you?" He asked.

"Could I just get a plain hot chocolate, please?" I smile friendly.

"One fifty please." He says. I hand him the total. "I'll get that out to you soon."

"Thank you." I mumbled, walking past the loud teenager girls who spray way too much perfume.

"Yo Julia!" I heard one of them call my name while I went to sit down by the window.

Turning around slowly, I notice it was Tara. Out of everyone, of course it had to be Tara. If they could hurry up my order that would be great.

"Hey." I say somewhere suspiciously. I don't hang out with this crowd. Also Tara kind of dumped her lunch on me today.

"Come sit." Tara ushered the blonde hair girl at her side off. Patting the now available seat.

I took a seat. By that point I could smell the milk chocolate being mixed in my hot chocolate.

"Girl your hair is gorgeous!" Some random girl started touching my hair.

"Quit it Mercedes!" Tara snapped at her. She shields her blue eyes away from Tara's glare.

"Julia who do you think will win homecoming queen this year?" The blonde girl who Tara shooed off asked.

"Uh I don't know." I flash a smile. Regretting even joining this conversation. I also ain't a big fan of the whole royal status at dances.

"Come on Charlie." Tara smiled at the blonde girl. "It's obviously gonna be me."

Charlie smiled slightly. The other girls agreed.

"And my prince shall be Blake." She takes a sip from her coffee cup.

"He got so hot this year!" Another girl added.

"You guys are perfect for each other. Two attractive human beings always look good." Mercedes commented.

"Let's see what Julia thinks." Charlie smiled.

Tara pushed her hair back and stared at me.

"What?" I ask. Not really sure what the question was. I don't understand this whole cheerleader talk thing. With all the eye stares as if they're reading each other's mind.

"Don't you think Blake is so cute this year?" Tara smiles. Such a fake smile.

Think this through Julia. Blake is attractive, but just one of those things where you like to look at them. Like stalking on Instagram type of thing.

"Milk chocolate hot chocolate!" The barista called.

"Oh that's me." I grin.

"You didn't answer my question." Tara glared.

"Sorry. Maybe another time." I add. "Drink getting cold."

Her stares pierced my skin. Making it tingle up my arms.

I grabbed my drink and before they could say anything, I was out the door.

What else could go wrong on your first day of school?

Well I guess you could add having the popular queen hate you. If I haven't crossed that one off, I'm pretty sure it will happen.

Now let's recap on everything I did today for the worse things to happen on the first day of school.

Embarrass yourself in front of someone cute. Check.

Get food thrown all over you. Check

Not make any friends. Check.

Miss your ride completely. Check. Check. Check. Lots of check of that one, got me into this mess in the first place.

Popular girls hate you. Hah, check.

Dad found me sitting against our front door when he got home.

"What the heck are you doing out here?" He asks. Somewhat puzzled.

"Not dying that's for sure." I smile friendly.

"Did you eat?" He asks. Making sure I'm well fed I guess is he top priority. Nothing wrong with it, better than the usual how was school.

"Yeah. Went to the café." I explain. Horrible experience.

"Ah. Good. Good." He smiles. Something up.

"Could you maybe open the door?" I ask. Pushing myself off the cold ground floor.

"Yeah. Could you help me with something in the car?" He asks.

"Of course." I smile. Following him to his simple gray Honda.

He opened the door slowly which caused a lot of barking. Dog barking to be exact.

"Why is your car barking?" I ask suspiciously.

Dad chuckled slightly before grabbing what seemed to be a leash. Clipping it onto something. When dad moved out of the way, pulling the long black leash, a massive pure-white German shepherd came jumping out. Running up to me and barking.

"Koda!" I yelled. Pulling the dog into a hug. Petting his white fur and staring into the blue eyes of his. Kissing the top of his muzzle. "How?"

"Your mother thought you needed something from home." He explained.

"Who's a good boy?" I ask Koda. His head tilted upwards and barked. Loudly.

I pulled dad into a giant hug. "Thank you!"

Koda has been my dog since sophomore year. I got him as a puppy and ever since that day we had a special bond. It quite a funny story. I was hanging out with Rebecca when we came across a box where he was sleeping in. We asked everybody if they knew this dog and because we are sophomores, no one really replied. So since Rebecca mom is allergic to dogs, it became mine.

Lets is it say mother wasn't so happy when I brought a dog home. Dad was. I hate to think if that was the one of the reasons they got a divorce a couple months after Koda arrival.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 104 32
Julia's world is turned upside down after a horrible accident that forces her to move halfway across the country to live with her uncle. She is deter...
1.7K 76 27
If you ask a normal person, How does it feel to be 25?? "A new bright age, for any gender to start thinking of how to settle down with his/her partn...
1.8M 22.4K 33
Highest Ranks: #2 Romantic-Comedy | #6 Humor NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON! When one tiny, harmless wish snowballs into a tapestry of events, Kim's life su...
451K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...