Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL: Heartland Ac...

By SandyDandygUrl

After some time, Astral has recovered his memories and has returned back to Astral World. The Barians are no... More

Chapter 1: Rio's Crush? (Part 1/2)
Chapter 2: Rio's Crush? (Part 2/2)
Chapter 3: The New Girl
Chapter 4: The Party That Was..Over The 'Top'
Chapter 5: Studying Together?
Chapter 6: The Wrath Of Jake Greens (Part 1/2)
Chapter 7: The Wrath Of Jake Greens (Part 2/2)
Chapter 8: Jake's True Schemes
Chapter 10: Spending The Night At Kite's
Chapter 11: Setting Back A Match
Chapter 12: Starring In Starsparrow
Chapter 13: Guys And Girls Just Hanging Out
Chapter 14: Valentine's Day
Chapter 15: Sick Of This
Chapter 16: Happy Birthday Violet!
Chapter 17: A Babysitter For Hart
Chapter 18: A Bad Dream With A Bad Message
Chapter 19: Violet's Dark Dream
Chapter 20: Rio's Talk With Darlene
Chapter 21: Darlene Meets Shark (Part 1/2)
Chapter 22: Darlene Meets Shark (Part 2/2)
Chapter 23: Not A Pretty Sight
Chapter 24: Silent Night (Part 1/2)
Chapter 25: Silent Night (Part 2/2)
Chapter 26: A Purfect Match
Chapter 27: Dolphin and Shark (Part 1/2)
Chapter 28: Dolphin and Shark (Part 2/2)
Chapter 29: The Vision In The Dream (Part 1/2)
Chapter 30: The Vision In The Dream (Part 2/2)
Chapter 31: The Controlling Thoughts (Part 1/2)
Chapter 32: The Controlling Thoughts (Part 2/2)
Chapter 33: The Monster Within (Part 1/2)
Chapter 34: The Monster Within (Part 2/2)
Chapter 35: Not Taking The Ray Way (Part 1/2)
Chapter 36: Not Taking The Ray Way (Part 2/2)
Chapter 37: Violet Is Missing
Chapter 38: There Is Always A Way
Chapter 39: Vector
Chapter 40: Worth The Wait
Chapter 41: The Search Parties
Chapter 42: The End

Chapter 9: The Midnight Masquerade Ball

314 6 1
By SandyDandygUrl

"Violet." Tori said. "How are you?" She said, being concerned with her friend's feelings.

"I'm good and school's great."

"That's good."

"Hey girls!" Anna waved, as she was riding her flying rocket cannon. She then lost control of it. Tori and Violet got scared, and ran as fast as they can, turning into mini chibis of themselves, to run even more faster. "AHHH!"

"Oh no!" Anna was trying her best to hold onto it as it flew crazy. "AHHH!" She screamed. Tears flowed out of her eyes, showing how extreme her speed was.

"Hurry up and stop that THING!" Violet said.

"I'm... Try--" Anna hit her head on a lamp post. "ing." After the hit to her head, she managed to stop it. She sighed in relief and the others stopped running when they saw that she had stopped it.

Tori and Violet were trying to catch their breath from the run. "Finally."

Anna sweat dropped. "Sorry, sometimes I get out of control when I'm riding my rocket on accident."

"I have no idea how you handle riding that thing?" Said Violet. "I probably wouldn't of been able to handle something like that." The girls went together to walk to school.

"Huh?" Violet saw an envelope in her school locker. "What is this?" She took it out with her hand.

~~~~~

"What the?" Yuma saw a envelope in his school bag.

Cathy was at home, descending the stairs and saw that a cat of her's had a envelope in its mouth and brought it to her. She grabbed it with her cat-clawed gloves. "Meow. I wonder what's in this?"

"Tori." A woman called. "This came in the mail for you." She gave it to her daughter.

"Really? I'm not sure who would give me this?" Tori examined her mail. She already read it and was in awe. "Wow! It's an invite!"

"It's a invite to a ball." Violet said, now at home, reading it.

"What's the invite to?" Tori's mom asked.

"It's to the Midnight Masquerade Ball. Please, Mom. I know it ends at midnight, but can I...please go?" Tori politely asked her mother.

"Sure, you can. Besides, there's no school tomorrow for you, so it should be all good."

"Alright! I'll be shopping now to get my dress." Tori said, getting her purse.

~~~~~

"I know I don't really like wearing dresses but I have to get one if I want to go to this ball, tonight," Violet Flowers said, walking into the mall. "And a mask..because it's required to get one and so it can hide my face."

Some hours later, everybody else went to a place, which is where the ball would take place at. There were some people from Heartland City there, and students from Heartland Academy. The females were dressed up in gowns or fancy dresses, to go along with the fashion of a masquerade mask. The males were in tuxedos or some formal clothing that was similar to that, and they wore masks too, which made them look mysterious in a handsome way.

"Wow." Violet was at the entrance. "There's so many people here." She had arrived just in time, since the ball started at 7:00 pm and ended at midnight.

"Attention! Everyone!" A boy got a spoon and clinged it against a glass cup, gesturing to everyone that he was going to make a announcement. "I just wanted to say that I'm the one who invited all of you here at this ball for fun. And remember to have a good time!" People then applauded him and they clinged their glass cups of apple cider together and drank it.

The ball was really fancy and had tables full of dessert and fresh food. There was also duels taking place too, but only outside. Violet didn't see anyone familiar and she was panicking in her mind. There's so much people here. I don't even think I know anybody here. She went to the restroom and was alone in there. She looked at her reflection in the mirror.

She sighed to herself. "I'm so nervous. But I have to calm down." She told herself. "I'll be okay. I just need to find some fun while I'm here." She took some deep breaths to calm down and went back to the scene of the ball.

Violet stood in the background, figuring out what she should do next. A boy saw her and went to her. "Hi there." He greeted, grabbing her hand and kissing it. Violet didn't like how she got a kiss on her hand, showing it in a odd facial expression. "Hi."

"Sorry to bother you, but do you want to dance?"

Violet put her hand on the top of her wrist, showing an awkward position. "But I don't know how to dance."

"I'll show you." The boy took her hand and pulled her into a moving dance. And she blushed when she felt his hands holding her waist. She didn't want to be rude and she didn't know what to do, so she just went along with it.

~~~~~

Tori was walking around and she gasped when she found the person she was looking for. "Yuma!" She ran to a spiky-haired boy.

"Hey who are you? How do you know my name?" Yuma asked.

"It's me! Tori." Tori put a hand out to herself.

"Tori? I didn't recognize you in that mask. How can you tell that it was me..right away?"

"I knew it was you. I couldn't mistake you with your spiky hair." Tori giggled.

"Oh yeah." Yuma chuckled. "I couldn't really hide my hair so I just left it how it always is."

Violet was done with the dance and when her dancing partner wasn't looking, she left. She desperately needed some time by herself. I don't mean to come off as rude but I'm tired of dancing. I need a break. And I don't think I know that guy. She ran upstairs, holding onto her dress with her hands. The boy saw where she was going and ran after her.

Violet went through a hallway and she went to a balcony. But she was in a rush so fast, she failed to notice that someone was there and she bumped into his chest. "There you are." It was the same boy she was trying to avoid. Oh darn it. He must of used a short cut. Which is why he is here..first than me.

Violet was already stuck laying her head in his chest since he put his arms around her, trapping her into his embrace. She blushed. "Um." It was awkward for her since she had never been really close to a guy like this. She didn't feel comfortable. She needed some personal space. She got out of the embrace and pushed him away from her. "Please stop doing this. I can't do this."

"Why?" The boy had blonde and dark green hair.

"Uh..." Violet sweat dropped and backed away from him. " I don't know you."

"Really? But, I--"

Violet looked away from him, showing that she was shy. "And I plan to keep it that way of not knowing who you are. Leave me alone. You're making me nervous."

The boy approached her and grabbed her chin, making her blush more. "Why do you have to be so shy?"

Violet was nervous and mad at the same time. She shrugged. "That's it! I can't take this anymore!" She pushed her admirer away, as she had an angry look on her face. "AND THIS IS WHY I HATE GUYS!" She knew it was silly for her to do this but she had to get away from him. Without thinking, she jumped off of the balcony and it was a high drop. "AHHHHH! Someone catch me!" She was putting her dress down so that it wouldn't go up. I should of thought this through before I jump into things that I shouldn't be in.

What she didn't know was that somebody had been below the balcony, watching her with that other boy. "I'll catch you!" Just as he said, this person had caught her, he was carrying her like a bride. Then he accidentally tripped, causing him to fall down on the grass. And Violet Flowers had ended up sitting on the top of his chest. "I'm so sorry." She quickly got up, letting him stand up by himself.

"It's okay." The boy had purple eyes. "Wait...Ray..is that you?"

Ray Shadows smiled, scratching the back of his hair. "Yeah. It's me, Violet."

"How can you tell it was me?" Violet whispered in his ear. "Please, don't say my name out loud." She pulled him by his collar. "I don't want him to find out who I am."

"Oh sorry. You mean that other boy?"

"You were spying on me!? Weren't you?" Violet glared at him.

"Hey, it's not like I had anything better to do." Ray chuckled, and got a punch on his arm from her. "Ow! What did you do that for?" He was rubbing his arm with his other hand.

"That's for spying on me!"

"Come on, I was bored. It's hard to find your friends, when you're in a giant place like this."

"Bored? You could of been helping me earlier so that I can get away from him." Violet gritted her teeth.

"Well, at least I broke your fall. That counts for something. Right?"

Violet sighed. "I guess. Next time..you better help me!"

Ray sweat dropped. "Alright, I will. I've learned my lesson."

Violet got startled when she heard something. "Ray! Come on! We have to hide. I heard something."

"Okay. Follow me." Ray took her hand and they both hid next to a bush. Violet was about to speak but he covered her mouth with his hand. "Don't speak. I think I hear someone talking." He was right and it was the same boy Violet was avoiding.

"Where can that girl be? I made this party and invited her and everyone else. So I could find her." Ray was shocked when he found out who Violet's admirer was.. when he recognized his serious voice.

"I think it's clear, for us to go," Ray said, watching. Violet's mask fell off and the worse was coming because the admirer-boy was approaching them, secretly. And it looked wrong when he saw them because Ray was on top of Violet and his hand was covering her eyes so that he couldn't find who she really was and his other hand was still covering her mouth. Not to mention, their hair and clothes were messed up and it looked like they were going to do something they were probably not supposed to do.

"It's not what it looks like," Ray sweat dropped at the other boy, who was observing them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 196 16
Gayu Tsukino, a teen boy who had never thought of that his life will turn 180° once he moved to Heartland with his mother. this story includes. bl bl...
7.6K 130 13
Jason a normal human grew up playing yugioh and at the age of 17 barely turning 18 he wakes up to do his last year of school but when he walks on cam...
11.1K 339 27
Sequel to book 3 under the same name. The hunt over the mytherian numbers are now officially over and Zaira and the gang are back in heartland, livin...
6.5K 191 18
This story has recently been put in the Yugiohwattyawards for 2017! If you haven't followed them yet I would recommend it! There's always some really...