Soft Pillows | โœ“

De __Dolly

Featured @WattpadIndia โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐, ๐š๐ง... Mai multe

Important Announcement
Author's Page
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 20

78.8K 4.6K 589
De __Dolly

"I don't know when I fell in love with you but when I did, I saw you in a different light."

Hearing a 'click', Aahana turned around and her mouth parted in shock, a look of disbelief enveloping her face when she came face to face with no one but the closed door.

She tried the lock but it wouldn't buzz.

God, he freaking played me.

She wanted to knock and get him to wake up but knowing stubborn Atharva, he wouldn't open the door even if she was dying.

Huffing angrily, she stomped her foot like a child and rushed to her room, slamming the door shut.

That's it! I am going to bother him so much he will get sick of me but for now, let that ass sleep.

She took deep breaths and decided to shower, knowing she couldn't sleep now. She lathered the vanilla shampoo to the crown of her head and rubbed it gently down her long hair. She then washed her body with lavender soap. It took her nearly 45 minutes before she came out all fresh and clean.

Dressed in a nice blue Kurti and white leggings, she left her straight raven hair open which flowed down to her waist. She lined her eyes with black pencil and painted her lips a bright red, keeping her makeup as minimal as possible.

She took one last look at her reflection in the floor-length mirror and nodded in approval before heading to the kitchen. She did look beautiful.

She made cheese sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, and black coffee for a change. Glancing at the watch, she realized she still had 2 more hours, so she grabbed the ingredients required to bake cookies and muffins and proceeded to prepare the chocolate batter while humming to herself.

Once she was finished, she clapped her hand in satisfaction, eyeing the mouth-watering goodies. Her mood had lifted and she felt happy as she packed them for Jay and her family.

The door to Atharva's room opened and he came out for work, dressed in a crisp white shirt and midnight blue pants, looking smoking hot. Damn, why did he have to be so hot even when dressed so casually?

"Breakfast?" She asked, forcing her eyes back to his face.

"No." He said in a clipped tone, his eyes focused on the wall behind her.

"Come on." She urged with a stern look and placed a plate on the table, motioning for him to sit.

Scowling, he took a seat and his eyebrows shot up at the amount of food in front of him.

"Uh... Who else is eating?"

Aahana gave him a blank look. "Only you."

"Yeah?"

"Of course. It's not much anyway."

"Can I know why so many varieties?"

"Sure." Aahana rolled her eyes. "I didn't feel like sleeping anymore after your little act. So I did this..." She gestured to the food on the table. "And today is my birthday."

Atharva nodded, taking a sip of his coffee."Okay."

"Okay? What do you mean by okay?" She placed her hands on her hips and stared at him through narrowed eyes. "Wish me a happy birthday."

He snorted as if her words humored him. He stood up from the chair and grabbed his phone. "I have more important work than to wish you a happy birthday."

Ouch.

Tears gathered in her eyes but she blinked them away and took a deep breath to calm herself.

She couldn't cry. He wouldn't admit it but she knew he needed her. She had to be strong for him, especially after knowing everything.

"Wait!"

She closed the distance between them, feeling her breath hitch with every step she took. She lifted his chin with her index finger and few strands of chestnut hair stumbled on his forehead. He clenched his eyes shut and she watched his long eyelashes kiss his cheeks. She wanted to memorize every detail.

So beautiful.

She shook her head and moved back, letting her hand fall to her side.

Having enough space to breathe, Atharva opened his eyes and let out a sigh.

"What's wrong with you?" She cried out, feeling furious and hurt at the same time. "Where were you yesterday? Why didn't you come to the office? You know, nobody knew where you were, and being your wife, everyone expected me to know but I had no idea."

"It is none of your b-"

"Hell with it! I am your fucking wife. So shut that bullshit and answer me." She poked his chest hard but he stood his ground and pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation.

"Are you done?" He grabbed her arm and pushed her out of his way, feeling guilty for doing this but he had to end it.

She stumbled backward but balanced herself from falling.

"Why are you doing this? You try to act cold when clearly you are not. You are so... strange sometimes. You don't look at me or come near me. You run away from my touch. You don't let people see the actual you. It's like you are scared. You are scared to get attached." She let out an uncertain breath as tears blurred her vision but she continued.

Now or never...

"But Atharva, I am in love with you. I don't know how or when. I mean we don't really spend time together." She laughed lightly and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. "I love everything about you. Your silence, your glare, your scowl, your stutter, whatever you give me. I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you and...what I feel for you, I have never felt it for any other man. So please trust me and give us a chance?" Her voice grew weak with every word she spoke, and lastly, it was no less than a faint whisper.

Speechless and stunned, he just stared at the ground. Her words did something to him. He didn't know what but deep down he could feel something warm unravel inside him. He had never felt drawn to anyone before but here he was yearning for her touch.

Aahana stood there, holding her breath as she waited for some sort of response from him.

Every word she said was true and it had taken a lot of courage for her to speak her heart out. She was relieved but, on the other hand, she was anxious too.

"I am sorry." was all he said but those three words felt like a knife pierced into her chest, ripping her heart out, all broken and bloodied. It hurt like hell as she watched him walk into his room and vanish out of her sight.

More tears rolled down her cheeks and she let out a pained whimper. Her throat felt tight and dry as she slumped against the wall.

She didn't want to shed a single tear because it wasn't the end of the world. He needed space which she would give, eventually, he would come around. But it didn't feel as easy as it sounded to her ears.

Swallowing the lump down her throat, she stood up straighter. I need a distraction.

She picked her keys and stuffed the goodies in her bag before driving to Jay's house.

"Sweet pea, my love, Happy Birthday." He said dramatically, opening his arms for a hug once Aahana appeared in front of him.

She giggled, already beginning to feel better in Jay's presence as she hugged him back. "Thanks."

She gave him the box and he immediately forgot her, his eyes fixated on the sweets like a hungry dog.

Dinesh came out of the kitchen and smacked Jay's head before turning to Aahana and smiling. "Happy Birthday and sorry for this dog here."

"Thank you, and it's okay. He is always a dog when he sees sugary stuff."

To her surprise, they had baked her favorite chocolate cake. Tears welled up in her eyes and she hugged them tightly as a token of gratitude.

She blew the candles and cut the cake but instead of the mouth, the cake went to their faces.

Laughing hard at their stunned faces, she dashed out of the drawing-room to Jay's bedroom and locked herself inside.

"Come out, Sweet pea. No hiding."

"Nope, I am not coming. I don't want to bath in the cake."

"You won't. We have a gift for you. Don't you want to see?"

Her eyes lit up and she unlocked the door. "Wha-"

She couldn't finish her sentence as the cake came flying towards her, covering her hair and face and sliding down to her new Kurti.

She glared at them but seeing them laugh, she ended up laughing too.

"We are hitting the club tonight," Jay shouted, raising his hand in the air.

"What? No. I have to meet my parents."

"We know. But it's not like you are going to meet them at 11:00 pm."

"Yeah but I-I um...Atha-"

"Oh bring the sex god too."

Aahana hit his arm but nodded nonetheless.

They all cleaned up and took Jay's car to Aahana's house. Her parents knew Jay from the beginning and like Aahana, he was family. And now Dinesh was a part of the family too.

"I am home." Jay declared loudly as he strolled inside like a king.

Aahana rolled her eyes, Dinesh and she trailing behind him. Jay was always like this. Whenever he came to Kapoor Villa, he would walk in directly.

Everybody gathered around him at the sound of his voice and welcomed him happily, bombarding him with questions about his health, work, boyfriend, new house, and whatnot.

Aahana frowned. "Sometimes I feel like he is your son. And I am a nobody."

Their head snapped to her and they laughed before greeting her the way a family would on seeing their daughter after months. Her mother smiled through her tears and hauled Aahana into a warm hug. And it went on like that for about 20 minutes as her father, uncle, aunt, grandfather, grandmother, sister, brother and everyone else in her family engulfed her with bright smiles.

"Where is you hubby?" It was her beloved little sister. Well, not so little because she was 19.

"He couldn't come. Work keeps him busy." She lied. She hadn't even asked him to come with her.

"Ohh...On your birthday also?"

Her throat constricted and she gulped. "Yep. He wanted to come but I told him work is more important."

"It's okay. We will meet him next time. Now come on. Let's celebrate."

The whole house was decorated with lavender flowers and white balloons. And she saw her brother make his way towards her with a Cheshire grin, holding a large chocolate cake.

"Tada- Happy birthday." They all shouted in unison.

She didn't like exaggerated parties nor did her family. Though they were rich they weren't stuck up and very much lived an ordinary life with a principle, simple living high thinking. So all they invited were family.

Aahana's mom had cooked all her favorite Indian food and she realized nothing had changed, married or not, she was always their daughter.

She ate heartily, talking to her family, and she couldn't wipe the smile off their faces as she told them about Atharva, few lies and few truths.

Later in the evening, she bid them goodbye and promised to bring Atharva the next time she came.

As she drove home only one thought ran in her mind.

How am I going to convince Atharva to go to the nightclub?

Well, she had to at least try.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Continuฤƒ lectura

O sฤƒ-ศ›i placฤƒ ศ™i

219K 7.9K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...
3.8M 182K 73
" HOW DARE YOU TRY TO HURT MY SON??" he shouted at her, his eyes bloodshot. "DON'T SHOW ME THAT FAKE TEARS OF YOURS. I KNOW YOU ARE JUST MASKING YOU...
127K 12.1K 27
ยฐโ€ข Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series โ€ขยฐ *:๏พŸโœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
1.4M 63.1K 75
They Met At A Wedding And Once The Wedding Ended, They Parted Ways To Never Meet Again, Unknown To What The Future Holds For Them Can This Pure Hatre...