The Golden Rule

By MissBonnett

James has one golden rule. Never date a werewolf. Sure, he'll date another wizard like himself, a vampire, a... More

Chapter One: Paper
Chapter Two: Cotton
Chapter Three: Leather
Chapter Four: Flowers
Chapter Five: Wood
Chapter Six: Iron
Chapter Seven: Copper
Chapter Eight: Bronze
Chapter Nine: Pottery
Chapter Ten: Aluminum
Chapter Eleven: Steel
Chapter Twelve: Silk
Chapter Thirteen: Lace
Chapter Fifteen: Crystal
Chapter Sixteen: Silverware
Chapter Seventeen: Furniture
Chapter Eighteen: Porcelain
Chapter Nineteen: Aquamarine
Chapter Twenty: China
Chapter Twenty-One: Brass
Chapter Twenty-Two: Copper
Chapter Twenty-Three: Silver Plate
Chapter Twenty-Four: Opal
Chapter Twenty-Five: Silver
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen: Ivory

16.8K 1K 203
By MissBonnett

JAMES

It wasn't a long drive to Eric's house, but it was a bumpy one. The car rattled so violently, James imagined pieces of the car flying off into the trees. Eric's headlights showed the way, cutting through the soup like darkness. James withheld his amazement. Eric could probably close his eyes and still take them home safely. Eric's house was much farther from the main house than James imagined and sat on the edge of the lake as if it existed in a world of its own.

Eric's house was small. Two stories and longer than it was wide. Inside, it was completely dark. However, James was more taken by the lake and the moonlight glimmering on the water. He jumped out of the car, drawn to it.

"Here," Eric said suddenly and threw the keys at James. James just barely caught them. Eric pointed at the house. "Go ahead inside. I'll get the bags."

James nodded. He was too tired to argue (because he was perfectly capable of grabbing his own bags, but sometimes he just needed to let Eric be the chivalrous white knight he wanted to be). It didn't matter where they were. James was satisfied with just being alone with Eric finally. He was willing to sleep in the car, curling into Eric's arm. Eric was warm the way the covers feel in the morning. James took his time, so he could look at the lake as long as possible.

"The lake will be there in the morning!" Eric advised from the trunk and James hurried inside, so Eric's all-seeing eyes couldn't see his blush too. James let himself inside but left the door wide open. He immediately found the porch lights for Eric and flicked the switch beside it too.

The whole house brightened, making James realize Eric's house functioned a lot like a studio apartment. Everything was on the bottom floor: the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room, but it didn't feel cramped. It was quite the opposite. James felt like he had room to stretch his legs and run around. With that thought, he smiled. That sounded very much like Eric. The colors were warm copper colors and greens and even touches of a sunset orange. Everything was wooden and James would put a lot of money down that they were all handmade pieces.

There was a ladder off to the side and James imagined that was where Eric's bed was, and maybe even a study, too. He walked towards the middle of the wood floor, crossing a lengthy oriental rug. He looked back, gaping at the round circular window, a canvas for the night sky and the engorged moon. He walked to the couch where a quilt was draped over the side. What lacked was another door. What lacked was the spare bedroom.

Eric walked in with all the luggage underneath his arms or inside his hands. He made it look like nothing, but if James tried that, he'd have to make three round-trips. As he spoke, James walked up the ladder. It was sturdy. Not even a wobble. Eric explained, "I have something planned tomorrow before the full moon, but we can still sleep in if you'd like."

"You said the magic words," James muttered. He took in the king's sized bed in the middle of the room. There were quilts and comforters and big pillows. It looked like a big puffy cloud. There was a bookshelf that wasn't big enough. Books were stacked against it and on top. It was surprisingly messy.

James walked back to the balcony, holding it between his hands. Eric stood straight and met James' eye. James lost all train of thought in that moment. This love. Eric. It was making him stupid. With a shake of his head, James righted himself and quirked his head. He asked, "Where am I sleeping?"

"Up there," Eric said and rested his hands on his hips.

"What about you? I don't see a spare bedroom. You said you had space for the both of us."

Eric shrugged. "I'll take the couch. I didn't buy it to be uncomfortable."

James swallowed. There was a lump the size of a fist inside his throat. He took a deep, shuddering breath. James opened his mouth, shocked by how much control fear had over him. He clutched the railing and fought to speak up and over the nerves. "We could always share the bed." Heat trickled into James' face and his palms grew sweaty. He was handing Eric the weapon that would completely destroy James. He thought he'd never be this vulnerable again.

Keeping his eyes locked on James, Eric took a step forward. His voice was low and soft as velvet. He wore a smile that made James' heart not just skip a beat but throw itself off the roof. Eric said, "If I go up there, I won't be able to keep my hands off of you."

James took the deepest breath. He clutched onto the rail tighter or he'd fall over. He forced his mouth to move. "So, is that a no?" With a shrug, he smiled a little. "The offer still stands." His face only burned brighter and hotter. This was not coming off as smooth as he hoped.

Every second trickled by like honey sliding down a wall and Eric wasn't trying to make this moment move any faster. Eric walked to the ladder and carefully climbed every step. James was frozen by the railing, watching this man approach. It was new for James, being stared at by Eric like this. Sure, men had desired him his whole life, but Eric's eyes looked at James like he was the last gulp of water, like he was light at the end of the tunnel. Eric didn't stop. Eric walked right up to James and when James tried to press his back into the railing, Eric grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. He draped James' arms over his shoulders, while Eric slipped an arm around James' back.

Eric pressed a kiss on James' lips, opening his mouth and counting the teeth inside. Deep inside, James shuddered and all his tension melted into gooey sweetness. He ran his hands through the layers of Eric's thick hair. They kissed like they were slow dancing, taking their time and savoring each other's warmth and their taste and their labored breaths. Eric's stubble even scratched him a little, but James loved it. He loved the way it thrilled his heart. He liked Eric's tight hold, but the gentle work his hands made discovering James' body. Eric's hands cupped his ass, giving it a tight squeeze and pressing their bodies together. Eric released his mouth and James gasped.

Eric kissed a spot behind James' ear that, until that moment, went untouched. The kiss sent a jolt of pleasure straight to James' crotch and he shuddered. A sigh even slipped between his lips that inspired Eric to leave a trail of kisses down his neck. Eric's hands were fast. They were efficient, popping every button of James' shirt open. Eric's mouth found his collar bone as he dipped James back and his shirt slipped off his shoulders. James grabbed at the bottom of Eric's sweater, ready to rip it off, even if that meant tearing it. Eric obeyed. He pulled his shirt clean off.

Breathless, James chuckled. He imagined his whole face was pink. He imagined he was blushing all over. He ran a hand down Eric's chest. "Why have you kept this six-pack hidden?"

Eric smirked, pulling the rest of James' shirt off. His hands slowly unbuttoned James' pants. Still sneering, he spoke and his voice was so deep James thought he'd never escape from it. "So, how should we spend the night? Shall I count every freckle?"

Suddenly, just as James walked out of his pants, Eric threw James over his shoulder as if he weighed nothing. James laughed, holding onto the Alpha's broad shoulders. Eric walked him to the bed and James fell into the softest mattress in the world. It sucked him in, caressing his skin. Eric crawled on top of him. "Let me rephrase that..."

Eric began to undo his buckle and pulling his pants down. He tilted his head. "Shall I count every freckle with my tongue?"

James gulped and he was sure by this point, he had become a tomato. James' mouth opened but no words came out and something in his eyes or on his face made Eric chuckle. He kissed James once, dispelling his pants and revealing quite a large bulge behind his silk black underwear. Eric kissed him again and laid him down on his back. James touched Eric's chest, but before he could ask what was so funny, Eric explained, "I was right. You're quiet when you're freaking out."

"Shut up-" James huffed just as Eric kissed his bare shoulder.

"One second," Eric said. He scooted off the bed and grabbed the necessary items: lube and a strip of condoms.

James just said the first thing that came to his head. "Oh man. I'm gonna sleep with the homecoming king."

Eric tried to control his smile, twisting his lips, but he was no match. He grinned on a blushing canvas and James felt like he was more in danger than ever. Eric grumbled, "you" and gave James, the chuckling idiot another kiss. James closed his eyes, losing himself in that moment of their tongues colliding like meteorites. He almost missed the sound of a cap popping open. Eric littered kisses down James' chest as Eric's hands slipped underneath James' underwear and slid them down his legs. Something inside the wizard was buzzing.

Suddenly, it hit James what Eric was intending to do and he gasped, "Eric, wait-"

It was too late. Eric licked James' length before slipping James' dick into his mouth. James cursed. Loud. His back arched. James clutched the fur bed spread, thinking he was going to tear it to pieces. This was how James would be destroyed. The edges of his body shook, fraying and James spilled out the sides into a messy pile. Eric's hot mouth was going to melt him.

"Eric," James huffed and Eric's pace quickened. He panted, totally underneath Eric's thumb. He squirmed, needy and wanting. This was a small taste. James wanted a five-course meal. He wanted to eat dessert first. Then, a little shock sputtered from James' crotch and James gasped. "Eric!" He reached down, grabbing Eric's hair. "I'm gonna-"

And no sooner, James was over taken by his pleasure. He was pulled into the tide and was flipped upside down and right side up in crashing waves. James trembled as he came into Eric's mouth. James didn't move at first, feeling fragile like sugar glass.

Eric swallowed with a grin. He smirked as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "That was fast."

James was too lightheaded to shout. He panted into the bed spread, scrunching his brow. He said, "I hate you."

Eric just chuckled. "Oh, you're gonna hate me more in a second." He poured a small pool of lube into his hand and gave James' dick one quick pull. James' body shuddered, bitten by the sharpest thrill of pleasure. James cursed again, which only made the werewolf's smile grow. James should be careful with this sex fiend. He didn't know Eric had it in him to make James into this moldable putty. Scary, but very sexy. Unbearably sexy.

Eric's finger slipped into James' and James tensed. "Relax James," Eric cooed, kissing James' chest. Unconsciously, James' legs were spreading farther apart, creating a comfortable place for Eric's magical fingers to do their work. He was very liberal with the lube, James realized, feeling the liquid trickle down his cheeks. Eric was probably worried. Eric hummed, kissing James' shoulder as James ran his hand through Eric's hair. He enjoyed messing up the style, making it less perfect. Eric whispered, "You really are covered in freckles. Everywhere."

"Are you really that surprised?" James asked, breathlessly.

"Surprised isn't the right word," Eric said casually, slipping another finger inside of James. James' arched again, releasing Eric. His dick flinched, still wet and hot. He was getting hard again and fast. He didn't even recognize this body anymore. James clutched the bed, reaching up and finding a pillow. Eric played with James as he kissed the inside of James' leg.

He spoke right into his skin, "I'm more delighted than surprised. James Connolly..." he started to say when his two fingers found a spot inside of James that made his body shake that nearly drove him mad with pleasure. He trembled like a leaf in the middle of a thunder storm. Eric said, "You are the sexiest creature alive."

"I'm dying," James stated, pulling the pillow over his face. "I'm dying," he gasped, opened mouth and basically drooling.

"You're not dying," Eric snickered. He reached over, pulling at the pillow. "Don't hide your face, James."

James begrudgingly relinquished the safety of the pillow. He was forced to show Eric the fact that he blushed all over. Even his shoulders were as warm as his ears. His eyes were glazed over and he couldn't breathe with his mouth closed anymore. Every time Eric's fingers thrusted inside of him, James felt more unhinged. Something inside him quivered and he knew he could explode at any second. Eric leaned forward, lording over James. Eric said, "Don't hide your face. Kiss me instead."

Nodding, James' caressed Eric's cheeks and brought him into a kiss. He kissed Eric, wrapping his arms around his neck. He pulled Eric's closer and suddenly, their erections touched, sliding across each other as they were pressed into James' stomach. James found himself sweating now. Eric gave another stroke and James gasped inside his mouth. He clawed Eric's back, bearing the sparks dancing along his flesh. He kissed Eric's ear. He sucked the crook of Eric's neck, putting a mark there. He never wanted to do that before.

"James," Eric bellowed. All that big talk was gone. He leaned back and all James saw was the lust in his golden eyes. "Will you put the condom on me?"

James nodded against his forehead, giving him one more kiss first and a growl emerged from deep inside of Eric's chest. Eric rose onto his knees and James grabbed one of the condoms. First, he pulled the hem of Eric's underwear, exposing him. James ripped the condom open. He held the tip, placing the condom on top and then, with his mouth, helped unroll the condom. He used his hand to reach the bottom and Eric's fingers smoothed through James' hair. Eric growled again, and James' heart started thumping hard against his chest like it was going to punch a hole through his rib cage.

"James," Eric panted and James backed away, but Eric quickly slipped an arm underneath James' back. He cradled him and James held onto his arms as he opened his legs up. "James," Eric said his name again and James closed his eyes. It was like Eric was reciting a spell. It was maddening. And yet, he said it again, "James" before they kissed.

Eric positioned himself in front of James' entrance, being ever so gentle and careful as he slowly slid inside. James' mouth opened, but no words came out as his member pulsed. It was a small burst of pleasure that created waves across his muscles. James clung to Eric as he slid deeper, filling James up. He slid out faster and James was trembling, tightening up and Eric started kissing his neck again. His pace quickened as he thrusted in and out, hitting a place deep inside of James that no one has ever discovered before and James' even welled up with tears. He panted, "Eric. Oh- Eric-"

Eric dropped James onto the bed, grabbing James' legs and pulling them upward. Eric leaned down, pressing his forehead into James' shoulder as his dick slammed into James' prostate. James cursed again as his back arched on its own. He could feel the pleasure building up, filling him until this feeling completely took over his body. He clawed Eric's back, bearing this insatiable feeling. It was like getting to taste the sweetest dessert and its sweetness burned his tongue. "Eric," he practically whined, his head spinning.

Reaching down, Eric stroked James, who quickly reached his tipping point. "I'm going to-"

"Me too," Eric huffed. Eric bowed his head, moving his hips faster and deeper. Eric's dick throbbed, stiffening even bigger and driving James over the edge. James hit his climax hard. He rattled, buzzing with so much electricity, sparks actually flew off of James' body. His skin glowed the way it did when he was having his visions, but wrapped around Eric, he glowed pink. Eric unloaded into the condom, before carefully sliding out of James, who felt like an opened nerve. He was still glowing.

"Does this happen every time?" Eric asked, caressing James' face. James nuzzled into his big hand. He touched the other side of it. He didn't want Eric to move from his side.

James licked his lips and shook his head. He could still hardly breathe. He managed to say, "This... this is the first."

Eric quickly disposed of the condom. He barely reached the bed before James was grabbing him, pulling into the bed. Eric chuckled and wrapped James in the blankets and his arms. James hugged Eric tight, burying himself inside of Eric's arms. Eric played with James' hair and slowly, the glow began to fade and soon James returned to his normal color as he drifted to sleep.

Author's Note

I hope you guys liked the chapter! Remember to vote and leave me your thoughts~

  If you'd like to buy me a coffee and support my writing (which basically sends me to a place with little distractions and better work ethic): ko-fi.com/missbonnett    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 1.6K 31
Being Mates could be so easy if it weren't for the fact that Viktor and George are as different as night and day. It also doesn't help that one is a...
52.2K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...
16.7K 421 13
Kate's always been an alcoholic. Hates being sober and doesn't dream of love. James is in love with another girl and doesn't want his mate. What wil...
535 146 26
She Wolf will not find her mate; I curse the Spring that came too quickly. I won't fall in love! A werewolf's fate is to find a mate. Varinia is terr...