Eva's Expedition

By LadySerein

Sit up straight. Cross your ankles. Cover your freckles. Only have straight A's. Don't speak unless spoke... More

Chapter 1: Evangeline Rivers
Chapter 2: Damien
Chapter 3: Tired
Chapter 4: Runaway
Chapter 5: Breakfast
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Maid Of The Mist
Chapter 8: Truly American
Chapter 9: Gone Fishing
Chapter 10: How I Like It
Chapter 11: Logan's Baby
Chapter 12: Beach Day
Chapter 13: Pizza & Aloe..
Chapter 14: The Date
Chapter 15: Go Wild
Chapter 16: Buzzed
Chapter 17: Hangovers
Chapter 18: Rainy Days
Chapter 19: Haunted Hotel
Chapter 20: The Reading
Chapter 21: Stay With Me
Chapter 22: Boozey Bonfire
Chapter 23: A Quick Dip
Chapter 24: Lazy Sundays
Chapter 25: Plans Over Takout
Chapter 26: The Bean
Chapter 27: Flexibility
Chapter 28: Nixed
Chapter 29: 3 Day Stay
Chapter 30: Why?
Chapter 31: The Wildlife
Chapter 32: A New Eva
Chapter 33: His Zone
Chapter 34: Jump
Chapter 35: Brainfreeze
Chapter 36: Tree Huggers
Chapter 37: Infected
Chapter 38: Chicken Noodle Soup
Chapter 39: Trail Riding
Chapter 40: Rise N' Shine
Chapter 41: Rainy Day Activities
Chapter 43: Chocolate and Wine
Chapter 44: Girls Day
Chapter 45: Arrival
Chapter 46: Moving Out
Chapter 47: Happy Birthday
Epilouge pt 1: After
Epilogue pt 2: Two -> Three
New book!

Chapter 42: Movie Date

711 34 3
By LadySerein

I uncomfortably tried to look anywhere and everywhere but the mechanics horrendous buttcrack hanging out of his loose, oil spattered jeans. The belt he had on was not helping whatsoever.

"Whelp, you've got yourself an oil leak going on. I'm surprised the engine didn't burst into flames or some shit," Brendon, our mechanic, said as he stood up straight.

He wiped the grease and oil on his already dirty shirt. Logan let out a heavy huff as he turned to us, his scruffy mustache twitching.

"Looks like it's from general wear I guess. Can't see anything that would've done this. We can either do a patch for a cheap and quick fix or I can replace the part all together," Brendon crossed his arms and looked at us for a decision.

"We'll take the new part," I said before Logan could consider anything. That truck is basically his child and we've been putting some major miles on it.

"Eva, that's going to be so expensive-" Logan began but I cut him off with a smile.

"Worth it babe," I said and started looking for my money.

"I don't want you to pay for my-"

"Shhh!"

I heard him sigh but he didn't seem to want to argue.

"It'll be probably around two hours or so," Brendon said after letting me pay and I nodded.

I turned to Logan, "We're just going to have to find something to do I guess."

"Well we had a great solution earlier when we were bored," he raised an eyebrow at me and smirked suggestively.

My cheeks returned to a deep blush and I chuckled nervously, "Ah, no, um, I think I'm hungry."

I turned to Brendon, who was looking at Logan with an unreadable look, "Are there any good restaurants within walking distance?"

His mustache tilted to the side as he contemplated, "Yeah. There's Bernie's. My buddies and I like it. Try the chocolate pie. It's just down that way."

He gestured somewhere down the street and I smiled, nodding, "Thanks. We'll be back. Uh, is it alright if we just leave our puppy inside the truck? I don't think she'd be allowed in the restaurant."

Brendon nodded and I put Nix in the truck to wait, kissing her nose as I promised to come back for her.

I turned to Logan and he patted his trucks hood as if he was saying goodbye.

"It'll be fine," I reassured him, leading him towards the door of the auto garage.

"Yeah," he mumbled distractedly.

I was happy that I'd gotten the chance to change into an actual outfit after we'd gotten to the garage. Logan simply threw a shirt on and buttoned his pants.

I took his hand as we walked down the sidewalk to find Bernie's. Logan seemed to begin to relax as we walked, a small smile on his lips.

Bernie's was a small restaurant that was tucked in between buildings on a corner. It may have been small, but it was obviously famous. People could been seen through the large windows and the restaurant looked to be full.

It wasn't one of those restaurants that were on the map. It was a small town hotspot that was hidden for the people who live here.

I liked these sorts of places more than well known places. They were homier and had a different atmosphere. The bell at the door jingled as we stepped inside. A few people turned to look in our direction before returning to their meals.

The smell of good food hit me and I smiled. Logan looked around and we both turned to a young girl with an apron tied around her waist.

"Hello. Just two?" She smiled at us politely, flashing blue braces.

We nodded and followed her to a table that was near the back. She told us the specials for today and then took our drink orders.

I read through my menu and tried to pick something to eat. I chose the basic chicken strips and fries because of my uncertainty and Logan went with a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

We quietly people watched as we waited for our food.

"So, it's going to be a while. Anything you want to do?" I looked at Logan.

He turned away from watching a small tv and shrugged. I could tell he was still bummed about his truck.

"How about....." I bit my lip as I tried to think of something we had yet to do, "How about a movie date? But like, at a cinema? With popcorn and soda and candy?"

Logan smiled at me, "Have you ever been to a theater?"

I nodded, "Oh yeah, my mother loved the opera-"

"A movie theater."

"Oh, uh, no," I chuckled. The waitress came by and placed our plates in front of us.

I dug into my food as Logan looked at me amusedly, "What?"

"It is just so fun. I get to be with you for so many first experiences," he chuckled, dipping his grilled cheese into his soup.

I smiled and shrugged, "It was no fun being sheltered. I'm glad I have you to show me new things that I should've experienced."

Logan nodded, "I would love to take you to the movies."

I happily tore a chicken strip in half, "Great, what do you want to see?"

Logan made a thoughtful face and sort of shrugged, "I dunno. We can pick when we get there."

"I bet you want to see a horror movie," I chuckled as I squirted ketchup all over my fries.

"I don't think a bunch of other people want to hear you scream."

"Well you like it," I looked at Logan suggestively and he coughed on his soup.

A laugh escaped him and he looked around to see if anyone had heard me.

"You're not wrong," he laughed, his cheeks a little pink.

"How about a romantic comedy?" I offered, feigning excitement. I could see the pain in Logans eyes as he looked at me but he forced a smile.

"Sure babe, whatever you wanna see."

I started to laugh, "I'm kidding, Logan. Maybe there's a new action movie out we can see."

He grinned at me, "Thank you."

We finished up our dinners, split a slice of the most delicious chocolate pie I've ever had, and I paid for the meal. Logan asked the cashier where the closest cinema was and she told us the address. I'm sure the auto place can wait if we're just a little late.

Logan and I walked the five blocks to the theater, chatting about nothing and everything.

"Wanna see a movie in 3D?" He asked me as we made it to the theaters parking lot.

I contemplated, "I dunno, that stuff sounds like it would give me a headache."

Logan nodded slightly, "Yeah, it does kind of make your eyes feel a bit weird. We probably shouldn't, especially if we see a horror movie."

We stopped in the waiting area to look up at the option on a big screen. I made a face at each of them and Logan was waiting for me to pick.

I grinned as I spotted an action movie, "X-men: Apocalypse."

"Sounds perfect," Logan agreed happily and lead me towards the ticket counter.

I watched him pull out his wallet and stopped him, "Whatcha doing?"

"This is a date. I was taught to always pay for the lady," Logan grinned at me and turned to the guy at the register, "Two adults for X-men: Apocalypse."

I rolled my eyes but let him do his thing. It was always a sweet gesture anyway. I couldn't turn him down if I tried.

"Let's get the Big Barrel popcorn, one large coke and a bag of M&M's," Logan added and the guy nodded.

He handed us our ticket stubs and turned around to fix up our food, even though we just ate. I was kind of surprised at how expensive the food was.

This was the movie theater, not the opera. What's up with the prices? I shouldn't have let Logan pay for all of that, we could've split it up.

"Damn," I muttered, looking at the receipt for a movie, candy, a drink and buttery popcorn.

"Shhh, unimportant," Logan hushed me and shoved the receipt in his pocket, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my forehead.

I carried the popcorn while Logan grabbed the drink and candy. The guy behind the counter directed us towards the room our movie would be playing in.

We got inside the dark room and commercials were already playing on the bring screen.

"Wow," Logan muttered, looking around. I looked up into the rows of seats. There was no one here.

"Did I pick a sucky movie?" I wondered aloud. Why did no one else want to see this movie? I just liked the description.

"Nah, it's the storms. No one wants to be out right now," Logan grinned, "Besides, this is way better. No distractions and annoying people. I hope no one comes in."

I shrugged and smiled.

"And we pick whatever seats we want," Logan chuckled and hurried up the stairs.

"Top, bottom or middle?" He looked back at me and I glanced around.

"Top," I said and followed him up to the very back row of seats at the top of the stairs.

We sat down in the velvety chairs and waited for the movie to start.

"Know how to make popcorn better?" Logan looked at me. I shook my head.

He ripped open the bag of M&Ms and dumped them into the popcorn bucket, shaking it a little.

"The popcorn melts the chocolate a little and the whole thing just goes," Logan explained and I grabbed a handful of buttery popcorn and candy.

I stuffed it all in my mouth and nodded, "Yeah, this is good."

"Told ya," Logan chuckled and munched on more popcorn. We'd eaten like, half the barrel and the movie hadn't even started. I'm sure our drink was starting to dwindle too.

I watched the commercials roll past the time that our movie was supposed to start. It was all advertisements or other movies.

"Boo, play the movie," Logan whined and threw popcorn.

"Logan," I hissed at him.

"What?" He shrugged, "No ones here."

I looked around and found that we were still alone. It seemed that no one else wanted to see X-men today.

I tossed a little popcorn myself and laughed. Logan flicked some at me and I threw more at him.

"You're wasting it!" He exclaimed.

"You started it!" I giggled.

A blaring noise filled the theater and we paid attention to the screen. The movie was finally playing. I settled in to watch and we fell silent.

About forty minutes into the movie, we set the popcorn aside. Ten minutes later, I felt Logans hand on my leg.

I smirked a little as he played with my waistband but ignored him as I tried to pay attention.

"Logan," I snorted as he slipped his hand into my underwear.

He grinned stupidly at me and leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. The movie was forgotten and I was suddenly in Logans lap, totally straddling him. I was so happy no one else was here. We had the place to ourselves and blaring noise to block out anything.

He groaned a little as I rolled my hips, grabbing my butt. Logan bit my lip playfully and started to kiss down my neck.

"You did not pay all that just to make out in the back of a theater," I chuckled, panting slightly.

"You're so worth it," Logan grinned at me, his hands slipping under my shirt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
440K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
100K 5.5K 37
"D-Daniel, your name is Daniel." I said and stopped on the road. He didn't look at me and I take a couple of steps, leaning up against a tree. He st...
68.9K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...