Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents

94.5K 941 24
By Whines8

It’s been three weeks since Jacob asked me to be his girlfriend, three amazing weeks. Everyday I spend with Jacob I discreetly pinch myself trying to make sure this amazing guy and the feelings I have for him are truly real. 

There hasn’t been a dull moment between Jacob and I since that day on the beach. Everyday he surprises me by showing me new places and things that I have never once experiences in all my years of living. 

I’ve gotten even more confident around him, never once second guessing myself about my appearance or expressing my feeling towards Jacob. However, I have been a little slow in progressing our intimacy level. We haven’t went any further then what we did that day at the beach. 

But even though I haven’t made any moves to take our relationship even further intimately, neither has Jacob. He hasn’t once tried to push me into doing anything I wasn’t comfortable with and has been a total gentleman and patient with me.  

It wasn’t that I didn’t want to go further in our relationship, but rather I wanted every new intimate moment I experience with Jacob to be special and memorable. I wanted to always and forever remember how that specific moment happen, what smells were in the air when it happened, the weather, all of it. I wanted those moments to be special just like the vacant spot deep under the wooden pier down at the beach. I wanted to remember how Jacob made me feel every time.

“HEY!” Lauren said as she slammed her hand on the top of the outside coffee table I was sitting next to, effectively bringing me out of my wonderful thought and back to the present.

Jumping almost ten feet out of my lounge chair, I looked to Lauren with wide eyes, “God Lauren you scared the crap out of me. Why are you yelling I’m right in front of you?” I said a little loudly to her.

Lauren gave a loud giggle in return as she took the lounge chair next to mine, “I’m yelling because my past five attempts to get your attention didn’t work. Does your ignoring me have anything to do with a certain guy named Jacob?” Lauren teased as she grinned over at me.

I looked at Lauren a little shyly before glancing back at the view before me, “I’m sorry if you thought I was ignoring you, I just can’t stop thinking about how happy I am and how wonderful Jacob is. He’s like too good to be true, I keep thinking I’m going to wake up at any moment and realize everything that has happened these past few weeks have only been a dream,” I confessed to Lauren. 

I tore my eyes away from the view in front of me and glanced back at a silent Lauren. She was now looking out towards the ocean, but not in a dreamy way like I had been. Instead Lauren had a sad expression on her face making me wonder what had happened to make her mood change so quickly.

“Hey,” I said getting my best friends attention. Lauren tried to hide her sadness with a fake smile, but I knew her better and I wasn’t buying it.

“Hey, what’s wrong, what’s going through your head right now?” I asked her in concern.

Lauren’s fake smile dropped instantly and her bottom lip started to wobble slightly like she was trying not to cry. I quickly got up from my spot and went to sit next to her, wrapping my arms around her in a comforting gesture.

Almost immediately she started to cry, “Mia, I’m sorry I’m bringing your mood down, it’s just... I was sitting here listening to you say how happy you are and how amazing Jacob is to you and it just hit a touchy spot for me,” she told me through her silent tears.

As soon as she confessed that, I instantly cursed myself. I had been sitting here talking about my relationship with Jacob completely forgetting about Lauren’s feelings. The day we both went out to meet Jacob and Derek to get answers on how serious they were about us, unlike me who had gotten great news along with a boyfriend out of it, Lauren’s news wasn’t so great. 

Derek told her that he wasn’t looking for a exclusive relationship at the moment and was just trying to have a good time. Then after crushing her into pieces with his confession he also proceeded to tell her that he still wanted to hook up from time to time crushing her heart even further.

When I had came home after my encounter with Jacob, I found Lauren sobbing in her room with a tub of Ben and Jerry’s. I rushed over to her immediately already knowing what had happened without her needing to say a word. I felt so bad about how Derek had treated her and vowed to give him a piece of my mind the next time I saw him.

Coming back to the present I sat there and let my best friend cry on my shoulder until her sobs started to calm. When she was finished she lifted her head up off my shoulder and looked away to wipe her eyes. 

“Well, I um... I booked a spa day for myself today so I’ll be gone for most of the day. You know got to stay hot if I want to catch another guy any time soon,” Lauren said the last part jokingly trying to sound like she was fine, but I knew better.

Instead of telling her of that fact, I just nodded my head sympathetically giving a soft bye as she left the veranda and made her way inside the villa to leave. Not too long after I heard the front door shut.

I sat outside for a little while longer thinking about my friend and about my new relationship with Jacob. Suddenly I felt my cell buzz in my pocket and jumped from surprise before reaching down and retrieving it to answer.

“Hello?” I answered without looking at the caller ID.

“Hey beautiful girl, how’s your day been so far,” said the familiar deep voice that I instantly recognized as Jacob’s.

His voice gave me butterflies every time I answered the phone, even after three weeks of being with him. With a huge smile, that I couldn’t suppress, on my face I responded shyly, “Hey I’ve been missing you,” I told him as I brushed a fallen piece of hair behind my ear that the wind had blown free.

Jacob gave a sigh and I could hear the smile through his voice, “I’ve been missing you like crazy too and since we both have been missing each other I’ve come up with a solution that you may or may not like.” Jacob said and he instantly had me curious to find out what his ‘solution’ was.

“Go on,” I said playfully with a grin and waited for him to continue.

“Alright, well my parents are coming in to town for a few days. They come down every year and spend time at our family beach house and... I was wondering if you wanted to meet my parents. If it’s too early then I will understand and you can just say no. So...” Jacob said in a rush before silently waiting for my answer.

Without any hesitation I told him I would love to meet his parents. I was so happy that he actually wanted to introduce me to them. If there was one thing I knew about relationships it was that meeting a guys parents was a big step and I was excited that he thought that well of me to take me home to see his family.

My happy thoughts were interrupted by Jacob speaking again, “Great, I’m glad you want to come.... Now that I got that out of the way, there’s just a few things you need to know about my parents before you meet them,” he said and my excited smile I had placed on my face deflated a little.

“Okay, what exactly would that be?” I asked curiously.

I heard Jacob give another sigh on the other end of the phone, “Okay, I don’t want you to be worried or anything because it’s mostly just my mom anyway,” Jacob said vaguely making me even more curious and now a little worried as well.

“What do yo mean it’s mostly your mom?” I asked confused.

“My mother can be very rude and disrespectful towards people she doesn’t know. Mostly towards girls I’m seeing. That’s why I’ve only every brought home one girl and that was back in my freshman year of college. She tends to think every girl I date is not good enough for me, no matter if she meets them or not.” Jacob says making me start to feel not so happy or excited about meeting his parents.

“Umm. I don’t know if this is a good idea then Jacob,” I told him in an unsure tone. I was starting to think the whole meeting the parents thing wasn’t a good choice.

“No, No I didn’t tell you this to make you want to back out. I just wanted to be honest with you so you wouldn’t be thrown into anything unprepared. Mia I would rather you not meet my mom at all, but I’m very serious about us and introducing you to my parents is something that I need to do. I want to show them that I’m serious about you, that our relationship is for real,” He said and that statement had me giving in immediately.

“Okay, I’ll go. I mean who knows your mom might actually like me right?” I said to him making him give a deep chuckle. 

“She just might, I mean what’s not to like about you, Mia Harper.... and anyways if she doesn’t like you it won’t matter to me. I like you a lot and nothing my mom could say or do can change that. So don’t be worried, everything will be fine. okay?” Jacob said reassuringly.

“Okay,” I said softly to him with a small smile. 

“Alright so my parents will be in town in about an hour so I’ll come pick you up around five. Will have dinner at my parents beach house and then I have something planned for us after,” He told me making me grow excited all over again.

“What is it that you have planned, can I know?” I asked excitedly.

“Nope, it’s a surprise. Just know that I’ve been planning this for a couple of days now. But, the way it will turn out solely depends on your reaction to my surprise. So I’m a little nervous to say the least. But enough about that, go get ready and I’ll come pick you up in a little bit, alright?” Jacob said but I couldn’t pay attention to what he was saying.

I was to busy wondering what this surprise he had planned for later was. A million things were going through my head as I struggled to think of what it could possibly be. Every surprise Jacob has had for me so far has been something completely different then the last so it was hard to figure out what it might be this time.

I was brought out of my thoughts once again by Jacob’s laughter, “If your sitting there tryin to figure out what the surprise is, then stop. You’ll find out soon enough and if all goes well I’ll get the response I’m looking for. Pick you up at five see you later beautiful girl,” Jacob said before ending the call and leaving me more curious then ever.

Getting out of my lounge chair I retreated back inside to start getting ready for Jacob. As I did so I thought about the night ahead and wondered how everything would turn out. I had to say I was still nervous and a little worried about meeting Jacob’s parents, but the unknown surprise that Jacob had planned for me was overshadowing the meet with his parents altogether and I couldn’t wait to see what it was. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 225 53
*2nd Place Chicklit & Romance in Brewing Flair Awards 2018 Mia Abraham never thought she will have to ever share her heart with another, that is othe...
3.3K 253 11
Chase Wilson wants nothing more than to get out of Port Haven. After getting into too much trouble back home, what would be a vacation for most peopl...
760 86 33
Harper is just another girl who wants to be happy just like every other girl but doesn't have the luck. She ended up falling in love with her "friend...
47.5K 921 46
Sunny skies, luxurious hotel rooms, and nice beaches. Welcome to Florida. College student Lily is in for the time of her life on summer vacation - bu...