The Life Of A Princess [fanfi...

By iamyanna

Jessica Jung is the youngest princess of the King of Korea. She is the youngest therefore the royal family ha... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Finding a place
Chapter 2 - Ramyun
Chapter 3 - First day of working
Chapter 4 - Quitting
Chapter 5 - Sushi
Chapter 6 - Cold Key
Chapter 7 - Meeting prince Seungho
Chapter 8 - Exploring the city
Chapter 9 - Going back home?
Chapter 10 - Home
Chapter 11 - Fortune Teller
Chapter 12 - Mr. Kim, Miss Jung and Mr. Jang
Chapter 13 - The royal siblings
Chapter 14 - Thanks to Prince Yunho
Chapter 15 - Baby Bum
Chapter 16 - Something bad
Chapter 17 - Taecyeon's gang
Chapter 18 - Yoona's plan fail?
Chapter 19 - The sad reality
Chapter 20 - Princess Jessica
Chapter 21 - Last Chance gone
Chapter 22 - Wedding Confirmed
Chapter 23 - Training
Chapter 24 - Two days left
Chapter 26 - Happily ever after

Chapter 25 - Running away

509 3 0
By iamyanna

The very next morning, Jessica woke up due to the sun shining into her window. It was only 6am and her drapes were opened therefore more sunshine was shining in. Jessica rubbed her eyes as she pulled the duvets over her head. “Wake up sleepyhead.” Jessica heard her brother’s voice. Jessica was confused why Yunho was in her room in such an early time, however she was too tired to wake up and question him. “Sica ah, wake up. We have a surprise for you.” Tiffany’s voice was then heard. Jessica mumbled into the duvets. “I don’t want to see the wedding cake.” Jessica thought the surprise was the arrival of the grand wedding cake. Tiffany chuckled softly before yanking off the duvet gently off Jessica. Jessica pouted as she sat up on her bed then ran her hands through her hair so it wasn’t as messy. “The surprise better be good.” Jessica muttered tiredly. Yunho smiled widely at her. “Oh, It’s good. Beyond good.” Jessica eyed her brother with curiosity. “What is it?” Jessica rubbed her eyes some more. “Oh.. Minho oppa, you’re here too?” Jessica noticed Minho’s presence sitting on her couch. But another person’s presence caused Jessica to be more surprised. “Jjong oppa!” Jessica quickly jumped off her bed and ran over to the couch to give Jonghyun a big hug, “I missed you! I missed you! I missed you so much!” Jessica exclaimed. Jonghyun chuckled at her response as he patted her head gently. Yunho and Tiffany watched in awe. Jessica Jung really did change. She had real friends that she loves.

Jonghyun broke the hug with a big smile on. “Is this the surprise oppa? If it is, then it IS beyond good. Why are they here though? Are they invited to the wedding? Did Ahjumma Choi invited them? Omo, I better go and thank Ahjumma Choi now!” Jessica spoke in one breath, she was happy. For once after arriving back at the mansion, she felt happy. Jessica was about to walk over to her door to leave to look for Ahjumma Choi, however Yunho stopped her. “Babo, This isn’t the surprise.”

“Huh?” Jessica arched a brow as she took her hand off the doorknob. “Sica ah, The surprise is waiting for you next door.” Minho informed her with a warm smile. “Huh? My study room? Did you guys get me a book or something?” Jessica knitted her eyebrows together with confusion. Everyone chuckled at her silly comment. “Trust me, It’s better than a book.” Jonghyun laughed lightly. Everyone nodded in agreement. “You better go change first.” Tiffany handed Jessica a set of outfit to change. Jessica was confused however obediently entered her bathroom to do her morning routine and get change. While doing so, she was thinking what would be the surprise. Meanwhile back in her bedroom, Seul gi, Jaejoong and Ahjumma Choi had entered the room. “Is she ready?” Seul gi asked.

“She’s changing now.” Tiffany smiled. “He’s waiting for her in there.” Jaejoong smiled at his wife. “I hope this will work out smoothly.” Yunho, as the oldest spoke. Everyone nodded at their Prince.

“Okay, I’m changed now.” Jessica stepped back into her bedroom. “Oh, Seul gi unnie, Jaejoong oppa and Ahjumma Choi. Why is everyone here? Is there something big happening?” Jessica was taken back that everyone was in her bedroom waiting for her. Not to mention, they weren’t just anyone. They were the people that she loves. “As we said before, your surprise is waiting for you next door.” Yunho patted Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica nodded slowly, still trying to figure out what was happening. Everyone then followed Jessica as she walked towards her study room. Jessica opened the door with an anxious heart. “We’ll come in with you.” Tiffany smiled while patting Jessica’s shoulder.

Jessica then walked into her study room with curiosity. The royal siblings stood behind while Jessica walked further down where she saw a figure standing by the window. The figure’s back was facing her. She didn’t recognise the figure from behind. He was wearing a black suit. The hairstyle was cut neatly short and the colour was honey brown. Jessica arched a brow as she tried to figure out who was that person and why it was a surprise. “Oppa, What surprise is this? Who is he?” Jessica turned her head around to ask Yunho. However, Yunho motioned her to walk closer to the figure. Jessica stopped walking once she was just a few steps away from the mysterious figure. “Excuse me.” Jessica spoke once again after not hearing any response from the figure in front. That second, as if in slow motion; The figure in front turned around. Jessica saw clearly who it was. After months of not seeing him, Jessica could not believe that the very person in front of her was no other than Kim Ki Bum. She had never thought of seeing him in her mansion. Key was different, appearance wise. He had cut his hair neatly; not too short. His hair colour was different. Not to mention his clothing style. It used to be just a Tee and whatever bottoms he could find in his bedroom. Now, he was wearing a black suit with a pure white dress shirt. It was cheesy, But to Jessica the person in front of her was her prince charming.

“Jessica.” Key was the first to speak. Jessica remained in the very same spot. “Wh..What are you doing here? If appa or Seungho see’s you here, they won’t let you off that easily. Key, you have to leave. Right now.” Jessica cared more about him than anything else. She missed him, but she didn’t want to be selfish and tell him to stay. She knew what consequences there was. The royal siblings remained quite. “It’s up to Jessica now, whether her life will be changed or not, its up to her now.” Yunho whispered. Everyone nodded while watching Jessica and Key presence not too far from themselves.

Key stepped closer to her as he gently shook his head. “No, Jessica. I’m not leaving by myself. You’re leaving with me.” He said with his soft voice. Jessica was confused by his words. “Key, I came back for you. But you were with Yoona already. You can’t expect me to leave with you when you  hurt me.” Jessica shook her head, once she shook her head, her tear also shook off and dropped on Key’s hand who was about to caress her cheek. “There was nothing going on with me and Yoona, I swear on my life Jessica. Please believe me.” Key embraced her tightly. Jessica refused and pushed him away. “Key, I’m marrying Seungho tomorrow. It’s all confirmed.” Key let out a small sigh as he slightly lowered his head.  “Where were you when I needed you the most? Did you know how much I cried because of you? Did you know how much you hurt me? I thought to myself every night that maybe someday, you’ll be there for me. But I waited and waited, until now; the day before my wedding you appear.” Jessica broke down in front of Key. She covered her mouth while she sobbed. Key’s heart was broken to see her cry. Tiffany and Seul gi who was watching had tears dwelling up too. It was heartbreaking for everyone to know how hurt Jessica felt the past weeks. “Jessica, I‘m sorry. I know I should have came for you, But I couldn’t. I wasn‘t ready to appear in your life again, But now I am, Jessica.” Jessica shook her head while wiping her tears roughly. “I can’t.. I can’t leave..” She mumbled in her hoarse voice.  “Jessica, I love you. Please. Please leave with me.” Key’s voice cracked, he was holding back his tears. Jessica cried harder once she heard Key speak those tree words. “Don’t you love me too?” He whispered, this time pulling her in his arms more gently. Jessica hugged him back, tightly. “Op.. Oppa, I do. I love you too.” She cried softly. “..But I can’t just leave. I don’t want to be a burden to Yunho oppa and Tiffany unnie. They will get into trouble when appa finds out.”  It was time when Yunho spoke up as the first prince. “Jessica, Don’t worry about us. We’ll be fine. We want you to be happy, so.. Leave.” Yunho put on a smile, It was harder than he thought; Telling your own sister to leave. However he knew it was the right thing to do.

Jessica broke the hug with Key then stared at Yunho with teary eyes. “Oppa, I don’t want to be a burden to you and unnie. When appa knows that you were the one that let me go, he will punish you. He’ll be angry at you.” Yunho shook his head with a small smile. “Sica, The history is bound to be changed right?” Key gently grabbed her hand as he placed it on his chest. “Please, Please leave with me.” Jessica looked over at her royal siblings. They all gave her nods. Jessica bit her lower lip as she looked up at Key.

The next thing everyone knew, Jessica had nodded. She had agreed to leave with Key. To give up as being a princess for him. Key was touched that Jessica had agreed, he then embraced her tightly and planted a kiss on her forehead. “We have already packed two suitcase of your necessities. So don’t worry about them. The car that we secretly hired will be here soon, when we get a call we’ll have to sneak you out to the car. Then you will be driven to the airport. The place you’ll be staying at is Los Angeles, You will be staying at the house that we bought for you secretly. We bought it with Minho's bank account, just in case appa tracks our accounts.” Yunho explained to Jessica.  Jessica felt like everything was just too fast for her. “You still have 25 minutes, before you leave.” Tiffany slightly pouted as she walked up to Jessica to give her a hug. “Unnie, Oppa.. Will you be coming to the airport with me?” Jessica asked, her voice shaking because she was fighting back her tears. Jaejoong then spoke. “Me and Yunho will be driving our cars. I will be driving in front of the car that you will be in and Yunho will drive behind. There won’t be any bodyguards or anything Jessica, So it’s up to us to keep you safe during that car ride.” Jessica gradually nodded, feeling sad that she had to leave her beloved family members.

“Ahjumma Choi, You knew all this too?” Jessica turned to Ahjumma Choi who was crying softly to herself. Ahjumma Choi nodded with a warm smile, trying to control her tears. She then patted her hand gently. “Jessica ah, When you leave, you won’t be a princess anymore. You have to remember to take care of yourself, Araso? Ahjumma Choi won’t be there for you anymore.” Tears were gradually dwelling up in Jessica’s eyes, in everyone’s eyes. Jessica didn’t know it was that hard to say goodbye. She forgot that, when she leaves with Key; she wouldn’t know when would be the next time she would see her brother and sister and her closet friends. “Oppa..” Jessica gave Yunho a hug as she let her tears roll down.  “Please forgive me.” Yunho patted his younger sister’s back gently while holding back his tears. “Jessica it’s not your fault.” Yunho couldn’t hold it in anymore as he cracked his voice. “I’m really sorry. But if I had another choice.. I would choose the same path.”

Yunho broke the hug and gave Jessica a warm, comforting smile. “I know you will. That’s why I helped you two out. I know you love him very much and is willing to give up on being a princess just to be with him. If I had another choice too, I would still do the same and help you. I’m your brother, Jessica. I’m suppose to make you happy.” Yunho pinched her cheeks lightly with his teary eyes. “Sica ah, When you leave. Don’t turn back around. We will sort out things here when you’re gone. Be happy and live happily together, Araso?” Tiffany spoke, her voice hoarse because she was crying too. Seul gi and Tiffany both gave Jessica a sisterly hug. “Kido, Remember to eat well and sleep well. We wont be here for you when you decide to become stubborn.” Jaejoong joked, even though he was joking; his tears were dwelling up too. Jessica let out a bitter chuckle as she went over to Jaejoong to give him a hug. “ Sica, We’ll miss you . You have to send us letters and remember us, okay?” Jonghyun once again wanted to make the mood happy, but for once he failed too. Jessica nodded her head as she bit her lip; not wanting to let a sob out. “I’ll miss every one of you.” She cried softly. Key then spoke. “Sica ah, Are you willing to? To give up on becoming a princess just for me?” He asked after watching how Jessica was saying her goodbyes sadly. He knew she didn’t want to leave them. “I already did wrong in the first place. I fell in love with you , Oppa. The very first moment I decided to love you forever, I knew I’d sacrifice anything to be with you.”

The girls; Tiffany and Seul gi broke down in their husbands arms. Yunho patted Seul gi’s arm, comforting her while Jaejoong hushed Tiffany down. “Jonghyun, When I’m not here, You’ll have to behave well.” Key turned to Jonghyun with a bitter smile, his tears already rolling down. Jonghyun attempted to put on a smile. “Key, take care of yourself and Jessica. We’ll be here, thinking about you two all the time.” Jonghyun punched Key’s shoulder lightly. “We’ll pray for you every night. Live your life happily over there.” Minho spoke, pulling the two guys in for a hug. The three best friends then had their last hug. Everyone in the study room was crying, saying their goodbyes. It was hard for them but they all knew it’s worth it, it’s the right thing to do.

“Seul gi unnie, Tiffany unnie. I’m sorry I won’t be here to see my niece and nephews. I’ve always wanted to be a good aunt to your kids. But.. I guess the chance won’t be here anymore.” Jessica held onto her sister and sister in law’s hand. Tiffany shook her head as she put on a assuring smile. Seul gi then forced out a chuckle; wanting to stop her tears. “If only you waited a few more months, Jessica. You‘ll definitely be an amazing aunt to my baby.” Tiffany and Jessica eyes widen with surprised. “Are you..” The two younger ones both asked. “Yes, I’m pregnant. The results came out today.” Seul gi wanted to smile, but saying goodbye to Jessica was just stopping her to deliver such news with a bright smile on.  Jessica cried softly as she gave Seul gi another hug. “Congratulations!” Tiffany and Jessica both said with tears, tears mixed of happiness and sadness.

Just then, Yunho received a phone call. Everyone remained quite. They all knew what was going to happen next. “We have to sneak you out to the gates. They are outside of our mansion now.” Yunho informed while putting his phone back into his pocket. “Seul gi, Tiffany and Ahjumma Choi will clear out the hallways for us. Minho and Jonghyun will come with me and Jaejoong to sneak you two out. We will all then meet up together at the gate, Araso?” Yunho explained in details to everyone. “Jessica, the two suitcases of your belongings are already in the car, we packed them a few days ago already.” Tiffany informed her before leaving with Seul gi and Ahjumma Choi. After knowing that the hallway outside was clear, Yunho then led the way out. Of course, living in the mansion for their whole life, Yunho knew the short cuts and secret doors that only the royal siblings knew of. During the whole time, Key held onto Jessica’s hand tightly. Jessica believed in Key and trusted him, therefore she was willing to give up everything for him. “Seul gi just sent me a text message. Seungho is heading to your room to look for you.” Yunho whispered, they were all walking along a hallway that Tiffany, Seul gi and Ahjumma Choi had just walked on a few minutes ago. “What? What will I do then? What if he finds out?” Jessica started to panic. Minho then spoke. “Don’t worry, Umma told him that you were resting.” While Jaejoong was on the phone with Tiffany, Minho was on the phone with Ahjumma Choi. They all had their earpiece on as if they were spies. Despite the tension and nervousness, Jonghyun still managed to leave a comment that earned him a few glares and chuckles. “This is kind of fun.”

Jessica and Key smacked his arm lightly. While, Minho, Yunho and Jaejoong chuckled at his comment. “It won’t be fun if we get caught.” Jessica pouted.  “We won’t get..” Everyone froze when they saw a maid walking there way. “Good morning, Prince Yunho, Princess Jessica and Sir Jaejoong.” The maid greeted them. “Uh, Good morning.” The three royalties greeted with nervous smiles. “Princess Jessica, Prince Yunho, Are they your guest?”

Yunho nodded his head while regaining back his posture. “Yes, They are. We are giving them a tour of our mansion.” He lied. “Did you see Lady Seul gi earlier on?” The maid shook her head, with a small “No.” “That’s strange..” Yunho mumbled. ‘I thought Tiffany and Seul gi was clearing the hallways for us.’ He thought. “I think Queen Jung saw Seul gi and Tiffany and had asked them to go to the dining hall to discuss about the food for tomorrow’s lunch and dinner. Ahjumma Choi is with them too.” The maid informed them. Jaejoong bit his upper lip, he was worried that they will bump into someone else later since Tiffany and Seul gi wasn’t there to help them out anymore.  He was more worried that they will bump into Seungho. “Well, you may be excused now.” Jaejoong spoke to the maid. The maid bowed one last time before leaving. “What are we going to do now? Seul gi and Tiffany unnie isn’t here to help us anymore.” Jessica bit her lower lip. “Let’s just pray we won’t bump into Seungho.” Minho said, also worrying. They were all in panic modes. Everyone nodded, everyone then gradually started walking along the hallways again.

Of course, they bumped into a few maids and butler, but after literally 15 minutes, They all succeed in exiting the mansion by one of the backdoors. Jessica tip toed to see where the car was, from her directions; she saw a black car parked outside of the big gates. Thanks to Yunho, the CCTV’s were all shut off therefore no one in the mansion would know that there was a black car outside. “Everyone, get into your cars.” Yunho ordered. All of their cars was just parked beside the fountain at the front garden of the mansion. Everyone immediately entered their cars. Jonghyun entered Minho’s while Jaejoong got into his. Jessica and Key then entered Yunho’s car.

After a quick 1 minute, They were out of the mansion’s ground. “Go into their car. Quick!” Yunho ordered Jessica and Key. Jessica bit her lower lip but she still listened to Yunho. Once she opened the door to the black car that was waiting, she was surprised by who was in it. “Yoona?” Yoona was sitting at the passenger seat while a man in his early twenties was the driver. “Get in, quick!” Yoona urged them. Jessica then immediately entered the car with Key. Unlike Jessica, Key wasn’t surprised who was in the car. He knew every details of the plan already.

“Princess Jessica, I know this isn’t the time to speak but I just want to apologize for my past behavior. If I knew you love Key oppa that much, so much that you are willing to run away like this, I wouldn’t have been so stubborn to you.” Yoona turned her head around to face Jessica. Jessica was touched that Yoona was brave enough to help her run away. “Yoona, Have you forgotten? We’re friends, right?” Jessica smiled warmly at her, the misunderstanding with Yoona and Key was cleared; therefore she wasn‘t angry at Yoona anymore. Yoona returned back the smile. “Thank you, Yoona. For helping us.” Jessica thanked her sincerely. “Don’t thank me, Jessica. Thank my boyfriend, Taecyeon oppa. He’s the fastest driver in town, He’ll get you two to the airport in no time.” Yoona pointed to Taecyeon, who was the driver. “Thank you, Taecyeon shii.” Jessica thanked. Key also thanked the two. “You‘re welcome. Today it‘s my job to get you two to the airport safely.” Taecyeon smiled while keeping his eyes on the road. “Jessica ah, your suitcases are at the back, so is yours Key oppa. Oh, and here are the plane tickets.” Yoona then handed the two their tickets. “You’re passport too, Jessica. Princess Tiffany gave me it a few days ago.” Yoona smiled at her. Jessica smiled back. “Thanks.”

“I hope we won’t get caught.” Jessica mumbled. Key held onto her hand then patted it gently. “Don’t worry.” He assured her then pecked her on the forehead. “Oppa, I’m really sorry.” Key hushed her down as he hugged her by the side. “Jessica, It’s my fault. I should be the one saying sorry.” Jessica heaved out a heavy sigh. “Oppa…” Just then, a loud siren noise was heard. Jessica looked out the window and saw many police cars behind them and in front. Yunho, Jaejoong and Siwon’s car had been stopped. There was no way that Taecyeon’s car could escape through the many police cars too. “Oh no.” Jessica gasped. Taecyeon hit the steering wheel angrily. He was angry that they couldn’t escape. “Princess Jessica, please step out of the car.” A loud voice from a speaker was heard. Jessica looked at Key with worried eyes. They were all located at the long road that leads to the city. Jessica looked out the window once again, unfortunately; Yunho and Jaejoong was out of their car; King Jung had personally got off his limousine to open Yunho’s and Jaejoong’s car door. Therefore Yunho and Jaejoong had no choice but to get off. King Jung was then walking towards Taecyeon’s car. Jessica hesitated before opening the door herself. Key followed her. He held onto her hand tightly as they both got off Taecyeon's car. Yoona and Taecyeon also got off their car. Minho and Jonghyun was already standing beside Yunho and Jaejoong. Tiffany, Seul gi and Ahjumma Choi had then came out of the King and Queen’s limousine with sad expressions on.

Everyone was caught.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108M 2.3M 100
Now published under Pop Fiction, an imprint of Summit Books. P195, Taglish Part 1 Theirs is a story that started all wrong. Naglayas si Gail sa bahay...
137M 5.3M 131
Masarap mapunta sa Section na may pagkaka-isa. Meron mang hnd pagkaka-unawaan, napag-uusapan naman. Panu kung mapunta ka sa Section na ikaw lang ang...
18.9K 1K 23
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...
224K 13.4K 11
Athena wants to be an architect to fulfill her late father's dream, but she secretly loves music and wants to be a composer. At West Town University...