Chapter 11 - Fortune Teller

“….Like falling in love with you.”

For the next 5 seconds, The two was staring into each other’s eyes. Jessica then realized what she had said and done. She had made the atmosphere awkward. “Bwuahaha.. I was just joking.” She laughed, covering up her embarrassed self. Key froze for another 2 seconds then joined in the laughing. “Yah, I thought you were being serious!” Key slapped her arm gently. “Why? Are you ashamed of loving me?” She pouted, acting angry. Key chuckled softly before saying. “You know it’s impossible for us two. You’re a princess! I’m no prince charming.” Key pointed at himself while laughing lightly. “Ha.. Yeah..” Jessica put on a small smile. “Bali, You should get dressed and take a refreshing shower. Minho is going to be here any minute, He said he’s going to take us out to have fun.”

“Araso Araso, I’ll be quick.” Jessica then stood up from the couch. On the way to get her clothes, Somehow a frown had appeared on her angelic face.

\./

Several days later, Key was having his day off. Coincidentally, or not, Yoona was also on her day off.  Well, Yoona was the one in charge of organizing the day off’s for their restaurants employees. Of course, poor Jessica was stuck at work when Yoona was spending her day with Key.

“Oppa, Let’s go to the fortune teller!” Yoona grabbed onto Key’s arm and led him to the fortune teller’s tent that was located in the Theme Park. Yoona had asked Key to keep her company, therefore the two had ended up being at the Theme Park. Key agreed to as he had nothing else to do other than staying at home watching TV.

“I don’t believe in these kind of things.” Key looked at the sign that read ‘fortune telling’. He was unsure about the idea. Yoona slightly pouted as she hugged onto his arm. “Oppa, There’s nothing we can lose. Let’s just see what the lady is going to say.” Yoona convinced him. Key nodded his head after seconds of thinking. Key then followed Yoona in the gloomy tent. Once they got inside, The atmosphere was tense, the place had an aura that someone was watching your every move yet the concept in the tent gave a comfortable feel to it. There was two cushions on the floor in front of the table that was not even above to Key's knees. Behind the table, the lady; most likely to be the fortune teller was sitting on her cushion with her legs folded and her hands placed on the table with her cards laid out.

Key suddenly felt nervous, the lady somehow seemed scary. Yoona slightly nudged Key, indicating him to sit down as she had already sat down on the cushion. Key sat down while his eyes was roaming around his surroundings.

“Hello, my fellow customers.” The fortune teller’s voice was deep; however it sounded as if it was forcing itself to speak with a deep voice, the tone was nothing else but low and creepy. Unlike what you see on TV, the fortune teller didn’t have a crystal ball in front of her, only her cards. She also had a dark purple bandana covering her head; forehead.

Key cleared his throat, he then greeted then fortune teller. “Anyonghaseyo.” Both, Yoona and Key greeted. “ Oppa, You go first.” Yoona smiled at him. Key was hesitated however, the fortune teller had already gestured him to pick a card. Key did what he was told. Among all the cards, he chose the one nearest to him. The fortune teller then spoke the second time. “ Please pick 4 more.” She did not smile nor frown. Key shivered a little by her voice, he obediently chose 4 more cards. Yoona watched his every move with a sly smile on.

Key placed his hands on his laps after he was done choosing the cards. The fortune teller then turned one card over slowly. “ What is your name, young man?” Speaking for the third time, the fortune teller looked at Key in the eyes. Key wanted to look away yet it was as if his eyes was stuck. “Kim Ki Bum.”  The fortune teller nodded slowly as she examined the card that she had turned over.