Chapter 19 - The sad reality

Jessica woke up an hour earlier than usual, she knew Key had the day off therefore she didn’t want to wake him up when she was going out. Jessica quickly did her morning routine then got changed. She went back into Key’s bedroom to grab her handbag. Just when she turned to leave the room, Key suddenly woke up. “Jessica ah, Where are you going?” His eyes was barely opened and his voice was husky and tired. Jessica gave him a small smile. She walked over to the bedside then gave him a peck on the forehead. “Oppa, I’m going to work early. You should go back to sleep.” Key nodded tiredly then went back to sleep.

Jessica then left the condo. She reached the restaurant down town within 25 minutes. Once she entered the restaurant, She noticed that Seungho had booked out the whole restaurant again. Body guards were seen standing outside the restaurant and inside. “Princess Jessica, Prince Seungho is waiting for you inside.” One of the bodyguard informed her, who was standing near the counter bar. Jessica gave him a nod then walked ahead. Even the bodyguard  was dressed nicer then her. She saw Seungho seated at the round table at the centre. He was drinking his coffee.

“Princess Jessica, You’re here. Sit down.” Seungho noticed her presence then stood up and pulled out the chair for her. For once, Jessica actually felt underdressed. Seungho was wearing a neat black suit with a luxury looking tie while Jessica was wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a T-shirt that was Key’s. It was obviously too big on her, but it could pull off as a loose T-shirt. Not to mention how Seungho had his hair style handsomely whereas Jessica just pulled her blond hair back and put it up in a loose and messy bun.

“Good morning, Prince Seungho.” Jessica greeted him politely. Seungho smiled upon hearing her voice. “Please, Just call me Seungho.” He showed his pearly white teethes. He was happy that Jessica came out to meet him. “You should just call me Jessica as well then.” She gave him a small smile. She found it quite hard to speak casually and informally to Seungho, As he is a prince.

Seungho then handed her the menu. “Order some breakfast, my treat.” Jessica was unsure of the idea. “King Jung doesn’t know that I came out here to meet you. He won’t know that I’m paying for your food.” Seungho assured her. “Thanks.” Jessica was appreciating his thoughtfulness towards her.

Once Jessica was finished ordering her food, Seungho finally brought up the topic. “Jessica ah, The thing I have to tell you about Key is something to do with your relationship with him.” Jessica was listening carefully, she was curious on what Seungho wanted to say. “Does.. Appa know?” She asked nervously. “Not fully. But he does know that he likes you.”  Jessica sighed deeply. “But we don’t even hold hands in public. How would Appa know?”

Seungho shrugged his shoulders. “None of the tabloids dare to follow you around but your Appa actually hired someone to follow you around after that horrible incident.” He explained to her. Jessica’s eyes slightly widen. “What? So someone is spying on me now?” She almost raised her voice, she then looked around to see if there was anyone that looked sneaky but the only people she saw was the bodyguards. Seungho then spoke again. “You’re father only knows a little because I had gave money to the spy to not tell anything about your relationship with Key.”

Jessica was relieved to hear that. “Why did you do that? If Appa finds out he would be really angry at you.” Seungho then smiled warmly at her. “You’re a princess, A prince is suppose to protect the princess.” Jessica kept a pokerfaced on however inside, she was in awe. His sweet talks was working on her. “If King Jung finds out that you are dating him, not only you but Key would be in trouble too.”

Jessica could only nod, he was right. “Did you know where Key was last night?” Seungho then said after a long time of silence. Jessica nodded her head with a slight of confusion. “He said he got into a fight, why?”