Chapter 12 - Mr. Kim, Miss Jung and Mr. Jang

The very next day, Jessica woke up extra early. Earlier to the point where she could still see Key sleeping on the couch with his small snores being heard. Jessica chuckled silently to herself as she tiptoed over to the bathroom. She quickly did her morning routine while trying not to wake Key up. She was especially nervous as it was her first time being a teacher. Although art was one of her favourite subject when she was being home schooled, she couldn’t exactly say that she was brilliant at it.

While walking out of the bathroom with her damp hair and a towel around her shoulders, Jessica noticed that Key was still sleeping. It was only half 7 in the morning. The restaurant only opens at 11 while the employee’s arrive at 10. Key still had plenty of time to sleep. Jessica silently walked back into the bedroom to dry her hair. She came back out with an attire appropriate for teaching an art class and her make up done naturally.

Jessica tiptoed over to the kitchen and quietly made herself  a cup of tea. She was gradually getting used to the lifestyle already. Although the cup wasn’t from China or the tea bag wasn’t from America, She was still fine with it.

“Mmm.. Jessica?” Jessica was startled to hear his sudden husky voice. Key sat up on the couch while rubbing his eyes. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up.” Jessica slightly made a bow after putting down her cup of tea. She then walked over to Key’s side. Key shook his head lightly. “Why are you awake so early?” He asked while yawning with his hand covering his mouth. “I’m heading out in ten minutes with Jonghyun oppa. The middle school starts at 9.” She replied back. Key nodded tiredly. “Is art the first thing the 4th grader does today?” He asked.

Jessica shook her head before answering . “Ani, But Jonghyun oppa said I should go in with him so I don’t have to go by myself later on.” Key nodded slowly. “You should go back to sleep oppa. It’s not even 8 yet.” Jessica patted his shoulder, causing him to lie back down on the couch. She then pulled the covers up to his shoulder. “Don’t catch a cold. I’m going to go over to Jonghyun oppa's now. I’ll see you later.” She smiled down at him as she poked his nose gently. Key nodded like a child. “Bye bye.” He smiled at her. Jessica then left his condo. Key was still smiling to himself. He smiled widely as he snuggled up with the covers.

Once Jessica arrived at the middle school with Jonghyun, strangely all eyes was on her. Jessica looked away uncomfortably. “Oppa, why are they all staring? Even the kids are staring at me.” The two was apparently walking across the area in front of the main entrance so they can get into the building. Parents was dropping off their kids, however even the parents eyes was glued onto Jessica.

Jonghyun chuckled before replying. “Jessica, I think they’re just amazed to see a princess.” He whispered to her. Jessica pouted as she sighed silently to herself. “So, Which 4th grade will I be going to teach art?” Jessica asked, changing the topic. Jonghyun pointed to a queue behind the number and letter that was painted on the cement ground with white paint. ‘4B’ Jessica looked over and saw a few kids already lined up. “Who’s their teacher?” She asked out of curiosity. “I’ll introduce you to him later in the staff room.” He smiled at her.

Suddenly a young girl ran up to Jessica with her school bag swaying back and forth in her hand. “Unnie!” The girl tugged onto Jessica’s sleeve. Jessica bent down to reach the girls height level. Jonghyun also did the same. “Good morning, Jaeminnie.” Jonghyun patted the girl’s head lightly. Jaemin giggled as she greeted Jonghyun too. “Good morning, Mr. Kim.”

Jessica chuckled as she looked at Jonghyun. “Mr. kim.. Funny..” She teased him. Jonghyun chuckled softly at Jessica’s child like mind. “Unnie, Are you the new art teacher that Mr. Jang told us about?” Jaemin asked with her eyes twinkling. Jessica assumed that Mr. Jang was the class 4B’s teacher. Jessica then nodded with a smile. “Great! We finally have a pretty teacher!” Jaemin clapped her hands happily. Jonghyun and Jessica laughed at the younger girl’s comment. “Jaemin ah, you should line up now. The bell is going to ring any minute. You will see Miss Jung in a while.” Jonghyun ushered Jaemin to her line. “Miss Jung?” She pointed at herself with a big smile. “Oh come on! You’re 21 already, don’t be amazed by such simple things.” Jonghyun teased her as he pulled her with him into the building. Jessica smiled happily to herself. She was either addressed as Princess Jessica, Princess Jung or Jessica; not once was she addressed as Miss Jung.