Chapter 10 - Home

Jessica stared into her father’s eyes, She didn’t know what to say. Key then made a slight cough, All eyes was on her. Jessica bit her lower lip before speaking. “Appa.. What about the deal?” She asked. King Jung let out a sigh as he patted her hand gently. “Sica, This isn’t the time to think about the deal or the marriage. We can talk about this later.” King Jung said softly.  Jessica looked over at the boys who was staring back at her. King Jung and Queen Jung thought it was strange. Jessica had the chance to go back to her princess bedroom, yet she was hesitating. The three boys didn’t utter a word, they was scared to. Ahjumma Choi was watching with curiosity.  While Yunho and Tiffany watched with confusion and curiosity.

“Jessica darling, Let’s get you back home now. You need many rest.” Queen Jung decided to speak. Queen Jung then placed her hand on Jessica’s shoulder while the other around her arm then helped Jessica walk over to the limousine. The boys did not blink once while watching Jessica. Jessica’s head was still turned around, biting her lip as she looked into the boys eye.

“Thank you again for saving my daughter. We will reward you with some money. I will ask my secretary to send it over.” King Jung patted Minho’s shoulder. Key then spoke. “I’m sorry King Jung, But I’m afraid we won’t accept the money. Saving princess Jessica wasn’t an order for us, We wanted to save her willingly. It won’t be right if we accept some kind of reward.” Key said politely. King Jung stared strangely at Key. Usually other people would accept the reward happily.

King Jung then nodded. “Thank you again.” King Jung made a brief nod with his head then entered his limousine. Ahjumma Choi gave Minho a motherly hug before entering the car behind the two limousines. Seconds later, the two limousines then drove off. The three boys sat down on the side of the pavement, neither of them spoke any words. They watched as the many police cars followed the limousine. Soon, the noise made by the helicopter was no longer heard. The street became silent.

Sighs was heard from the three boys. “I thought Jessica would stay.” Jonghyun picked up a small stone on the ground then threw it across the road. Minho nodded as he also heaved out a heavy sigh. Key also sighed deeply while looking down at the road where the limousine had just drove off.

‘Just when I was slowly accepting you as Jessica and not Princess Jessica, you leave.’ He thought sadly.

“Lets go back in now,Key.” Jonghyun stood up from the pavement, his frown was seen. Minho and Key also did the same. “Well, I’m going to head home now.” Minho said lazily. He then made a brief wave then walked over to his car. Also being upset that Jessica had left them. Although the time with Jessica was short, The boys had already had many unforgettable memories with her.

Key and Jonghyun’s walked back into their building with their shoulders slumped down. Lazily, they both entered their own condo’s.

Key tiredly closed the door behind him as he walked into his condo. He looked over and saw Jessica’s slippers sitting beside the door. Her jacket and long coat was hanging on the coat rack. Key let out a sigh as he walked into his bedroom. Jessica’s belongings was still there. Her suitcase and her clothes. Her scent was all over his bedroom.

Key sat on his bed and did a face palm. He was happy that she was fine, that she did not get injured, however he was somehow missing her presence already. ‘Sooner or later, she is going to leave us. I guess the day was today.’ He thought sadly, reminding himself that Jessica didn’t belong with them.

Minutes later, Key had lied down on his bed and fell asleep.

Once Key woke up from his sleep, he felt strange. He was in waking up in his bed. He was used to sleeping on the couch already. Key slightly shook his head as he walked towards the bathroom. Once again, not used to the morning with Jessica. Usually Jessica would be in the bathroom already doing her morning routine. Key would always complain how she would take a long time in the shower yet now, He actually missed waiting outside and complaining to her.