Chapter 16 - Something bad

Baby Bum was circling around Key, sniffing and wiggling her tail. Key was still in his deep thoughts. However, he shook off the thoughts when Baby Bum had barked at him. “Baby, He’s not a stranger. He owns this place.” Jessica picked up Baby Bum in a swift move as she stoke Baby Bum gently, as well as patting her head. Key arched a brow, confused to see a black poodle in his condo. Jessica gave him a nervous smile, scared if Key didn’t like the idea. “There was a girl crying on the streets….” Jessica told him the sad story of Baby Bum, of course not mentioning Yoona’s name again.

“Oh.” Key slightly pouted, feeling sad for the poodle. Although deep down he was somehow worried about what the fortune teller had said to him, he was actually happy that Jessica decided to keep the poodle or else something bad could have happened to it.  “So what did you call the poodle again? Baby?” He walked over to Jessica and Baby Bum, He gently patted Baby Bum’s head.

Jessica nodded happily. “Baby Bum is her name.” She said proudly. Key chuckled at the name Jessica had came up with. “So you prefer calling a poodle baby than calling your own boyfriend that cute name?” Key pouted, pretending to be upset. Jessica giggled at Key’s cuteness. “Oppa, Baby bum is cuter than you though.” Jessica poked his forehead lightly, teasing him. Key stuck his lower lip out again as he looked at her with a sad expression on. Jessica chuckled softly as she put down Baby bum. She then gently kissed Key on the lips. “Happy?” A tint of pink was appearing on Jessica’s cheek. Key nodded happily as he pulled her in his arms for a hug. “Yoona said you didn’t feel well. How did you end up walking on the streets then?” He asked once they broke the hug, worried about her. Jessica quickly thought of a lie, she had promised Yoona not to mention anything about her. “I told Yoona that I was sick so she let me go home. I saw the girl when I was on my way home.” Jessica explained. Key nodded, believing her lie. “Araso, Well you should sleep early since you don’t feel well.” Key said with a warming smile. Jessica nodded, agreeing as she couldn’t really say that she was perfectly fine. “But oppa.. Since Baby bum is sleeping in the living room. Will you be okay with that?” Jessica asked, slightly biting her lower lip. “She won’t jump on me when I’m sleeping on the couch, right?” Key asked, slightly raising a brow. Jessica shrugged her shoulders. “Oppa, you can move back into your room if you like. I can sleep on the floor. I feel bad cause I was the one that brought Baby bum home.” Jessica spoke while pointing to his bedroom door. Key shook his head, not liking the idea of letting Jessica sleep on the floor. “I’ll sleep on the floor.” He pointed out. “Oppa.. What about you sleep on the bed with me? The floor is worse than sleeping on the couch.” Jessica reasoned, slightly embarrassed by her own suggestion. Key looked into her eyes, wanting to confirm if it was alright. It was just sleeping always, nothing more.

“It’s fine oppa, It’s not like we’re going to do something.” She chuckled softly, her cheeks suddenly turning pink. Key was also shy at the topic. “Okay, Well I’m going to take a shower first. You should rest soon.” He kissed her forehead before heading to the bathroom to take a shower after a long day at work. Once Key entered the shower, warm water was spraying down at him. He ran his hands through the side of his hair. ‘Princess and black puppy. Jessica and Baby Bum.’ He thought while closing his eyes shut. ‘Something bad will happen…’ The words kept on appearing in his mind while he was showering. ‘What should I do…’ He let out a frustrating sigh.

Meanwhile, Jessica was already in her pyjamas. She had took a shower already before therefore she was ready to go to bed. Before going to Key’s bedroom to sleep, Jessica took care of Baby Bum first. “Baby ah, Your umma is going to sleep soon. You should sleep too.” Jessica bent down and patted Baby bum’s head. Baby bum was already lying on her bed and resting her chin on the side. Jessica gently stroked Baby bum’s back. “Who’s the appa to your baby?” Key came out of the bathroom with a smirk while drying his hair with his towel. Jessica stood up straight then walked over to him. “Who do you think? Baby bum.” She called him by the cute name. Key chuckled at her reply. “You know, I’ve always wanted a boy. Well, I guess a poodle can do.” He joked. Jessica laughed along at his lame joke. “I’m going to sleep now. You should sleep too when your hair is dry.” She pecked him on the cheeks before entering Key’s bedroom. Key then went back into the bathroom to brush his teeth. After doing so, he turned off the lights to the living room and bathroom then entered his bedroom where he had not slept in for almost a month. He saw Jessica already lying on the left side of the bed, where the wall was. Key bit his lower lip as he stared at the image in front of him. He was nervous in just sleeping on the same bed as her. After all, she is a princess. In his mind, he was thinking of all the consequences he will have if the King knew he was sleeping on the same bed with his daughter. Jessica opened her eyes, noticing Key’s presence by the door. “Oppa, are you okay?” She asked while sitting up on the bed. Key nodded, assuring her. “It’s only sleeping.” She spoke, knowing that Key was nervous because she’s a princess. Key gave her an assuring smile before lying down beside her. He then gently pulled up the covers to their shoulders.