Cute Monster

By uFiona

Cliché The thing that Jodie Black hate the most are clichés. She prefers jumping out the window, from the te... More

Cute Monster ♥
Prologue ~ ♥
1; ♡ I Got Him, But He Simply Ran Away
2; ♡ Sorry, Apology Isn't Accepted.
3; ♡ Hello There, Kitty cat.
4; ♡ Running Under The Sun? Hell No
5; ♡ Warning! Cliche On The Way.
6; ♡ Reality Will Eat You Alive.
7; ♡ Any Last Words?
8; ♡ After Fight.
9; ♡ Faking & Breaking.
10; ♡ It Is Not As Romantic As It May Seem.
11; ♡ Hide & Seek.
13; ♡ Get Off Me!
14; ♡ Jealousy!
15; ♡ A Zombie Shakespeare?!
16; ♡ And She Strikes Like a Thunder Storm.
17; ♡ My Pants Are On Fire!
18; ♡ Tick Tock!
19; ♡ That Is Called Kidnapping!
20; ♡ He Started It, And I Didn't Get It.
21; ♡ A Blushing Monster, Seriously?
22; ♡ Run! Police! Run
23; ♡ A Pervert + Monster = What?!
24; ♡ Kiss or Kill.
25; ♡ He Needs a Nickname!
26; ♡ The Deal.
27; ♡ I Mess it up Every time.
28; ♡ 'Slut' is My New Name.
29; ♡ Girls are Gonna be Girls Obviously.
30; ♡ How to Avoid Kids for Dummies.
31; ♡ Wow, Thank You Mr. Brother.
32; ♡ Searching for that Stupid Brother.
33; ♡ The Secret Party.
34; ♡ A Reason Why I Should Never Drink Again.
35; ♡ Bathroom Game
36; ♡ Bad News or Good News?
37; ♡ Flashback [1]
38; ♡ Flashback [2]
39; ♡ Rooftop Talk
40; ♡ Rooftop Kiss
41; ♡ Accepting Reality
42; ♡ Face It.
43; ♡ Caught in the Trap.
44; ♡ Talking.
45; ♡ Let's Sneak Out.
46; ♡ Back to Where it all Began.
Epilogue ♥
Cuties

12; ♡ We can never agree on something.

20.2K 563 43
By uFiona

                                                   Unedited.

                                                 ○         ○          ○

        Chapter Twelve; We can never agree on something.

            The streets were empty, and no one passed by us. I didn’t know if it was because of the vibes of my glares, that screamed horror on my face, scared them, or for the fact that Adam had an almost-dead, dirty, and smelly man on his shoulders.

But either way, I knew that we looked like gangsters, walking with messy look that probably told a totally different story than the truth, and let’s not forget the very neat shirt that Adam is wearing right now, that also was soaked with blood from behind.

Now, let‘s go back in time and see what actually happened.

                                                  ○         ○          ○

“Can you just stop following me?!” I said out loud, making sure that Adam was hearing me clearly. I didn’t see his expression because he was walking right behind me, and I was too tired to look back at him.

I didn’t get any answer, and that made me mad. I hated that he was ignoring me, while he was the one that followed my steps from school.

I tried to count to ten, maybe people weren’t that stupid to say that counting to ten wouldn’t help, who knows? But it turned out it really didn’t help me. I counted, and counted, but even when I was counting, I imagined the numbers throwing funny remarks at me, which made the volcano inside of me start to grumble.

“Are you going to stop?!” I exclaimed as I stopped in my tracks, and turned around to face Adam. He was blankly looking at me, hiding his hands in his pockets.

“Stop what?”

“Following me?” I said in a ‘duh’ tone. He glared at me, making me scoff.

Oh, the glare, the glare.

The monster is out.

“I’m not following you.” He stepped closer to me, having his cat right beside him. When I glanced at it, it had this gleaming light inside of its eyes, as if it was dying for us to fight.

I have to bring Finn with me next time.

“Really now?” I raised both my eyebrows at him, he nodded stiffly, making me take a deep breath. “You are obviously lying.” My arms were floating in the air as I pointed out his lie.

“I’m not, my house is in this neighborhood.” Adam insisted. I didn’t know why every time, me and him, see each other, we fight like crazy animals. He already made me earn a detention, a pain in the back, and a really strong headache.

“Okay,” I gave up, closing my eyes for a second, and tried to massage my head with my fingers. “There is another road, you could take it, and I will take this one.” I was praying to god that he would accept my suggestion.

But of course we know that we can never agree on something.

At least without fighting.

“No, I want to take this one.” He ran his hand through his hair, returning it to its original form. The wind was a little stronger than how it was in the morning – maybe for the fact that it was getting darker – and the wind was doing a great job with messing his and I’s hair.

I noted down, in my head, that Adam does have a really soft hair.

“Fine then!” I shouted, getting mad again. “I will just take the other one!”

I totally ignored Adam’s existence and went straight to the nearest ally that led to the other, long road.

The ally was pretty long, and it had a few doors on each side of it. I didn’t know why, but these doors looked to me as if they were a secret agents’ room. Or rooms that the kidnappers happened to keep their victim inside.

But that wasn’t possible since this ally was pretty close to the main street.

I rolled my eyes at my stupid thoughts. It’s none of my business.

My bag started to slip away, so I held it tighter, pulling it closer to my shoulder. A sigh left me, knowing that I will reach the house at a really late hour, since I had to take the longer way, but then again, I didn’t care, and I had no reason to be there early.

I snapped my head to the left, when I heard someone’s footsteps, coming from another ally that was connected to this one. I couldn’t make out any face since that ally had some kind of roof, and the shadow of it covered that person, but I was certain that someone was standing just a few feet away from me.

“Hello there sweetheart,” an ugly voice came out of that man. I frowned at how huge his body size was. It was almost as if he was some street fighter or one of those bodyguards that made you fly away with a snap of a finger.

I didn’t reply, because I knew that if I did, my answer would be bloody sarcastic.

How did I know that?

I was just too tempted to say it out loud.

“Has the cat got your tongue?” He tilted his head. It was frustrating that I could see every little action he does, but I couldn’t see his face.

I mentally rolled my eyes at his stupid attempt to make me feel scared. But I acted as if it did actually scare me. I wanted him to come to the light so I could see where I was going to hit.

And I had a perfect spot.

“Aw.” It was disgusting that a man with a thick voice like him was cooing, it made me shudder. “Are you scared?”

No, I’m too itchy to direct a punch at you to speak.

 He got closer, walking slowly as if he got all the time in the world. I almost yawned at his slow pace. Can that man get any slower?

“Why aren’t you running away?” He smirked. Now, I could see his full face. He was an old-fat man to say the least. How dirty his clothes were, and how he looked told me perfectly that he was one of these people that waited on the corners of the street.

A pathetic loser.

I was telling myself to not react, because he was just a few feet away from me, and I was waiting patiently for him to get a little closer.

Maybe it was because I was bored to death, or that the fact I needed to get my anger out on someone before I explode.

When he stood right in front of me, I was more than ready. My hand was fisted really tightly, making sure that my thumb was above all my other fingers since I knew that the punch I was going to do, has to be really strong if I wanted to make that man feel the pain.

But, just as I was going to hit him, I stopped. I saw that man’s body flying away, hitting the wall that was a little far from us. There was a garbage right next to him that he fell on it, making a loud sound when the garbage hit the floor.

I blinked a few times at the dead body of that man, and frowned. When did I have super-powers?

“You know what? I think that I will use the other road.” I snapped my head to the right, meeting Adam’s eyes, he was panting a little, as if he was running, and his hair was ruffled in all places.

Oh.

So I don’t have any powers.

I sighed. “Why are you insisting on walking me home?” My shoulders were raised a little as I shrugged.  His green eyes, that were again shining like diamonds, darkened, and he narrowed them as a glare.

“I don’t want to walk you to your home.” He glanced away from my eyes, and looked at the man. I rolled my eyes as I saw him picking him up and carried him.

“What exactly are you doing?” He looked at me as if I was stupid. “Leave him, he is just a trash.” I didn’t even feel guilty at my words. That man was a trash, I didn’t know what was in his head, and what he was planning to do with me, but I was sure that it was nothing good, and any person who is as sick as that man was, is just a worthless human being.

At that moment, when Adam heard me saying that, I felt his eyes completely change. I didn’t know why, but he was still glaring, his eyes were still narrowing, but they became really dark, and his glare was so stern to the point that I felt my eyes widen in surprise.

“Don’t call him a trash.” He glowered.

I blinked a few times, and looked away. I felt a little scared of Adam at that moment, but then I remembered that if Adam was any danger at all, then he would have done that a long time ago.

“Do you know him?” I asked after a few seconds. I turned my gaze once again to him. His eyes softened a little, dropping the scary glare, and returning it to the original one that – for me – seemed normal now.

“He is my father’s friend.” Adam sighed, and started walking toward the end of the ally.

I frowned and followed him, running a little to catch-up with him. “Where are you going?” Adam stopped walking and turned to me.

“To my house,” My mouth opened, ready to tell him that I’m going to use the other way, but stopped when Adam cut me off. “And you are coming with me.” 

                                                  ○         ○          ○

                                      Next Chapter's Title: Get off me! 

Dedicated to: EvangelineV Because she makes PERFECT graphics! She is also sooo sweet xD 

Vote , Comment , Enjoy

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 9.1K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...
218K 5.4K 48
*Disclaimer: Characters belong to the wonderful Suzanne Collins.* (This is a Modern story) Valentine's Day is soon approaching at Panem High, and stu...
237K 6.9K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
808K 26.8K 41
Selena didn't know love, she knew nothing of it. She was almost like a balloon being held against a very sharp, dangerous object. You can see where s...