Trying To Move On

By luvpudds

****** Warning!**** Graphic Content********* Laurel had been through a lot with her former pack. A LOT. Her f... More

Trying To Move On
Chapter one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 23 pt. 2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 ish
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46-ish

Chapter 35

41.5K 261 90
By luvpudds

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Laurel’s POV

I sat with Ariah and Pop at the airport, waiting on their plane to arrive. It was a private plane so we were sitting in an area reserved for people who didn’t fly commercially. I was chewing my thumbnail as I thought about my choices. I could go. I had every right and excuse to leave, to be with my son. Or I could stay. Fight for Vince and my family. But did I really have any rights to him? He wasn’t mine as determined by the fates. Maybe I had been too rash in having him mark me and mate with me. I hadn’t considered that his mate would one day return. Of course I knew what had happened between them, but was that enough to keep Vince with me and not her? He hadn’t been traumatized and victimized by his mate as I had. What Dominic had done had snapped our bond. A clean break. There was no going back for me. But now what do I do? The man I had consciously chosen to be my mate was thinking about his other mate. Could I handle that? Did I have enough fight left in me to battle for Vince. I didn’t know the answers to these questions.

The hand that I wasn’t nervously gnawing on drifted to my stomach. I rubbed the spot where I imagined my baby was growing right now. A sense of comfort came over me, knowing that even if I didn’t end up with Vince I would still always have a piece of him with me. As long as I got that much, I knew that I would be happy eventually.

I saw Ariah and Pop watching me out of the corner of my eye. The sympathy on their faces killed me. It made me think that there wasn’t even a decision to make. I rocked LJ in his stroller in front of me to distract myself from the pain and to avoid their gazes. I knew they wanted me to talk to them, but I couldn’t. How do you tell the parents of your fiancé that you don’t know if you want to fight for him, that he may be leaving you and your children to go be with his original mate? I couldn’t say it aloud. If I did it made everything more real.

An attendant walked over to us. She was pretty. Long red hair, bright green eyes in a pencil skirt and white shirt. I wished I was her for a moment. She looked like her life was easy and free of pain and endless hurt. How much could one girl take? My dad killed, my family tortured me, my mate raped and beat me, rejected me, and now my new mate would probably choose her over me and our kids. How would we work out visitation schedules because I never wanted to go back if he chose that woman? I wanted to be apart from the pain.

“Your flight is almost ready for boarding. The captain just needs to know how many are traveling with you.”

Ariah and Pop  and Andrew and Anthony turned to look at me. I guess now was the time to make my choice. I gazed down at LJ and rubbed my belly before nodding my head slightly. I was making the right choice.

Vince’s POV

“Jensa, could you back up please?”

She was crowding my space. I had asked Aubrey to come back via our mind link but he laughed and told me to be a man. She was practically in my face. Inches from me. She was looking at me and there was a twinkle in her soulful brown eyes. I her eyelashes fluttered on her check as she leaned in closer to me. All of a sudden a vision of Laurel flashed through my mind. She was smiling at me, and we were having a picnic at the park.

I jerked away from Jensa.

“No. No I cant do this with you. You rejected me, you hurt me, there is no coming back from that Jensa.”

Her eyes snapped open and a calculating look crossed her expression.

“Vince, that was a long time ago. I was young and addicted to coke. I’m better now I promise and I want to try again. Please. Give me that shot. You owe me that shot. We are mates. Real true mates. “

She emphasized the real and true. Was she right? Did I owe it to us, to our bond to try again? Another vision invaded my brain.

“What about Laurel?”

A look of irritation beset her before it was wiped away, replaced with reassurance and concern.

“She will be fine eventually Vince. This isn’t about her. It’s about us. WE are mates, true mates. We should be together forever.”

I dropped to my chair as the thoughts raced through my mind. What the hell was I supposed to do?

Dominic’s POV

I paced back and forth in our newly acquired borrowed home. I had already been over to the pack house. Everyone looked at me like I was slime but I didn’t care. All I cared about was finding Laurel. I hadn’t seen her all day. Jensa had gone to the pack house earlier to try with Vince and I hadn’t seen her since. I could only assume things were going well. Which was good. I just needed to be there to pick up the pieces for Laurel when everything fell apart. Play the caring and concerned roll until I had her reeled in. Then she would be mine once more. If she even thought of leaving me again there would be hell to pay.

Just thinking about our reconciliation process had my little me fighting hard. I stopped pacing and went to pay a visit to the twins. I needed to relieve some pressure before I went to look for Laurel.

Continue Reading