Chapter 40

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^ Although my fans arent so new anymore LOL! Thanks guys!

I will write the person who gives me LJ's age into the story. I have been rereading my notes and such but its taking too long and I cant write the next chapter (which is why this one was so short) without it, and as usual I have a lot going on. Help please!

Dominic’s POV

I sat in the bathroom just gripping my head. What I had done was wrong. I should not have done it, but it was so hard to control myself these days. Getting harder. I shouldn’t have taken Jensa that way, I was ruining my own plans. Now I didn’t know how to fix it without going to extremes and trying to avoid arousing suspicion. Now I had to think but it was so hard. My brain wasn’t functioning to capacity, and I was finding it harder and harder to grasp my void that allowed me to think everything out.

I wish Jason were here. He had been my sounding board. Sure I had made Jackson my beta but Jason has known me since childhood, our escapade with the little black girl had bound us together for the rest of time. We trusted each other to keep the secret. We had had to intimidate the other guys, but the two if us we synced together. We knew how the other thought, I needed him to help me through this, but no one had heard from him in months. I just needed to calm down.

Laurel was gone. No one, not even Vince knew where she was. She had run again, and even if I tried I couldn’t try to find her with our bond because she had started severing it when she mated with Vince. They say it can never happen unless your mate finds a new mate and carries their seed to term. Since that was impossible, she and I would always be mated. For now I just had to share that with Vince. That pissed me off, but for now I had to deal with that until the right time. But deal with it I would. Vince would pay for what he had taken from me. My son, MINE, thought that Vince was his father. Un-fucking-acceptable. Everyone would pay for what had been taken away from me.

It seemed that my hatred for Vince was just what my brain needed. I felt my wolf stretch. Weird. He wasn’t talking to me as much as he had been. Like he was always in the background just watching. Waiting.

I got up and called Jackson to me. We had to plan and work to do. First was handling Jensa. I needed her, I could use her fear of me now, fear of angering and disappointing me to my advantage. I walked into what was my temporary office. It was nicer than my former. The desk was some sort of blackwood that looked massively expensive. I didn’t let my temper get the best of me here, and it irritated me that I had the conscious thought not to do so. Like I was afraid. I was surrounded my superior forces though, best not to give them anymore reason to distrust and hate me anymore. I needed to use my brain to win while in the enemy encampment.

“Jackson, call Rody. Have him come to me. We need to step up the rogue attacks or it will seem suspicious that they stopped when we got here. I have my suspicions on where Daniel is. Have them check out my uncles pack. It’s the Moon Lake pack in Virginia. If he ran, its more than possible that is where they went. Bring my parents to me though, they don’t get to die right off, for them there is to be more suffering.”

“Yes sir… And uuhmm… Jensa?”

“Yes. As to that, we need to get her out, discreetly, send her with Rody and the others. But make sure they keep an eye on her, we need to think of ways to keep her under heel after this incident. I’m sure she will be sufficiently terrified of me. For now that is enough. Find her parents. Make it like a reunion. I know they are somewhere in Chicago. She told me that much years ago during one if her binges. Find them, make the reconcile enough to where it is believable. That’s it for now.”

“It’ll be handled as you command Alpha.”

With that he turned and walked away. That’s why I chose Jackson, aside from the fact that I had promised it in prison in return for his help. But he didn’t question me, just followed through.

I sat back and thought this plan through. Yea this should work. And in the mean time I had time to find Laurel. I called Butch to my office. He could probably find out for me if he played his wife, the good doctor. If not, he would have more information than my pack was getting here. No one trusted us so we got nowhere here. As my pack was mainly all men, they were clearly trying to get with the females here, mated or not. I had been asked on several occasions to reign them in. And they needed to be before they started getting imprisoned and made us look worse than we already did. I would call a pack meeting tonight. Until then, one more round with Jensa to sink the message in and make sure she was sufficiently fearful of me.

As I walked down the hallway I got a slight feeling of nausea. I had trained myself enough to know that it was Laurel not me. I needed to know the difference between her feelings and mine. This was all her. Wherever she was she was sick. Strongly so if I felt it. I could use this, wherever she was she was sick. I could have people looking into hospitals in the next three states in the next few hours. I would find her.

I blanked my mind and my expression as I opened the door to my room. Jensa was lying in bed, still tied, eyes closed. Whether that was because she was asleep or because her eyes were so swollen. I didn’t really care either. I started to undo the buttons in my shirt as I kneeled in the bed over her. I slapped her to bring her to alertness.

This ought to be fun.

Jason’s POV

Canada sucks. It’s cold here. I miss America. I want my pack back. I want Ava here with me. But how could she even look at me after what Laurel had told them. It’s always her at the center of my life. ALWAYS! Now I’m losing my mate because of her. But I wouldn’t lose Ava. But first I had to get out of this damn compound and that was all but impossible. I don’t know who was the better pack , Red Dawn or the Midnight Shores, but a wolf could starve on the difference. Their guards were top trained and would break my ass apart if I was caught. But I was getting out of here, I was getting my mate to accept me. And if I happened to cross Laurel, the better for me at least.