Chapter 39

^^^NEW FAN!!!^^^

This is short but Its the best I could do right now. More soon. Thanks for your patience and please continue that patience as I get back into writing my story. RIght now Im trying to calculate how old LJ would be without having to go back and reread every single last chapter. If anyone knows please help me out in the comment section. Again thanks for reading!!!

Vince’s POV

I stalked through my office. I know, KNOW that Aubrey and Anthony know where Laurel is. I had already tried Paris. I was in a car and a mile from the airport when I got through to my mother, only to be told that they had taken LJ to the zoo and no, they hadn’t heard from Laurel. Of course that led into a conversation about why Laurel was even missing in the first place. My mom may seem pleasant and happy and airy, but piss her off.  You do that and the woman is liable to go psycho on you. And apparently she was in Paris going psycho. She was more pissed at Jensa than me, though she had been pissed at me at first. I had to explain, and she was still pretty angry.

I did another circuit of my office. As I walked and pondered I became aware that Jensa was absent. She thought she had won. Shouldn’t she be here, gloating and attempting to turn me to her side of things? But she wasn’t and that bothered me. Where could she possibly be?

I didn’t want her company, no that wasn’t what I was after, instead I was worried. I knew we were dealing with Dominic Morreti here and he was a madman at best. Even though what Jensa had done was vile, I couldn’t wish Dominic on anyone.

Why had Jensa done what she had? She had to know that I wouldn’t respond well to her chasing away my mate and the mother of my children. She had to know that I was pissed beyond the word. She had to know there would be repercussions. Maybe she thought that us being original mates would work in her favor and I would forgive her. Maybe she thought that with the ‘competition’ gone I would be more inclined towards her and she would be able to weasel her way into my good books and work me down until we were together. Whatever she thought, it wasn’t going to happen. I had thought this through extensively. Maybe that thinking and the time it took had driven Laurel away from me, but I had to be fair to all involved. If there was any way that I still had a bond with Jensa it wouldn’t have been fair to stay with Laurel knowing I loved someone else. I had to be sure. And now she was gone. And Jensa was strangely absent. I should have someone out looking for her, but maybe this was another trick from her to wear me down and get me to come to her. So many decisions.

I walked quickly out of my office to talk to my dad. He would know what to do. I had also questioned him about Laurel’s whereabouts but he had the same story as everyone else. He knew nothing. Well I was going to find my answer and my mate. And I wasn’t letting her leave me ever again.

Laurence’s POV

We had been driving for a day. We had caught a flight with a friend of mine to Paris last night. Our first stop had been to pick up LJ. Of course it hadn’t gone as easy as all that. Ariah had been teary eyed at seeing LJ go and she had barely been able to part with him. After we made her swear that she wouldn’t tell Vince where Laurel was until she was ready, we had to swear to tell her as soon as we settled so she could come to us. She would stave off Vince for a while and then join us.