Chapter 27 ish

^^^NEW FAB FAN^^^!!!

This is very short for a reason! No more vote counts, because no one seems to like to participate in those. I just ask that if you like it, please vote and comment. It gives me feed back. And your comments give me great ideas sometimes. Thanks all!

Laurel’s POV

I was nervous. What if his parents didn’t approve of me? What if they thought me slutty because I had gotten mated with someone not my soul mate. That was a very big deal in the were community. You don’t leave your mate, you work it out. In my case it couldn’t be worked out, but would they understand that?

Like I said, nervous. Vince had made me take a seat and breathe. I had been pacing and snapping at everyone. He said it wasn’t good for the baby. That got my attention. I didn’t want to harm my little one. I had LJ in my arms and he was giving me strength and calm. I needed him.

I heard a car in the drive. I inhaled LJ’s scent as I heard doors open and close. Footsteps on the gravel, then on the stairs. They stopped.

The doorbell rang.

It was like the gong of my fate. I was being melodramatic. I knew that. Like I said before I couldn’t stop myself. Vince held my hand as we got off the couch, LJ still in my arms. Aubrey opened the door.

“BABY!”

I heard a woman’s voice cry out affectionately. Andrew and Anthony ran to the entry way.

“Andrew. Anthony.”

That was a deep voice. It sounded kind and comforting. Vince and I made our way to the entry at a slower pace. I was gripping his hand and my nerves were skyrocketing.

I saw their parents. Vince Sr. was a handsome man. Tall with hazel eyes and his hair in a pony tail. You could tell he was mixed. Their mother was breathtaking. I had seen them in magazines, but when you saw them up close it was like a shock to your senses. No one could be so beautiful, but here they were, a living testament that there were truly beautiful people in the world. They both looked over at us.

“Vince!”

His mother called his name happily and then her eyes drifted down to our entwined hands. She glanced back up at us before looking at her husband.

“Mom, dad, Id like you to meet my fiancé and mate, Laurel.”

Everyone paused. Then.

“Honey you are so beautiful! Vince said he had a surprise! Wait did you say fiancé? As in marriage? A wedding?”

She was bouncing on her feet, a deliriously happy expression on her face.

“Vinnie did you hear? Married! Oh I can’t wait to start planning this.”

Vince Sr.’s eyes were planted on LJ.

“And who is this guy?” He didn’t look upset or happy, just blank.

Vince spoke up.

“This is our son, LJ.”

“Son? Grandkids too!”

His mother was about to blow her happiness gasket. Seriously, I don’t think she knew which thing to internalize first. This was a lot of news.

“Is he your biological son?”

“No, dad. You know he isn’t. But he is my child. I have been taking care of him since before he came out of his mother’s stomach and I will always do so. He is mine. Always will be.”

Vince Sr. smiled then.

“Good job son. I have taught you well.”

With that he came and hugged us both. He took LJ and looked into his face while Ariah hugged us both. Then she bounced over to Vince Sr. and gushed over LJ. She talked about how perfect he was. How he would have to come out to travel with them. She was so gung-ho. And best of all, no one was judging me.

Vince turned to look at me.

“See, I told you. Nothing to worry about.”

I smiled sheepishly at him. I had been a tad overwrought. Vince decided I needed to sit down so we headed to the living room. Vince fluffed out a pillow and put it behind my back then smiled lovingly at me.

Vince Sr. watched all of this with a smile. Then his face turned serious.

“What about Jensa, Vince?”

“What about her? We agreed a long time ago we would never be mates. She didn’t want me. I realized after a while that she had done me a favor. I couldn’t have been her baby sitter. I couldn’t have spent my time wondering what she was off doing. And with whom. She has been coming to the walls lately, although not in the past few weeks. She is turned away every time.”

This was news to me. I turned my head to Vince with my brow raised. He had kept this from me? Why? Did he still have feelings for her? Why wouldn’t he tell me?

“Babe, I didn’t tell you because it was no big deal. The guards don’t even notify me anymore, they just send her away. I loved you, always. Not her.”

I nodded, although I still think he could have told me. That is a talk for later. I smiled at Vince and he looked at me with suspicion.

“Vince… The baby needs some ice cream. And a couple pickles. And taco Doritos. “

Did I really need all that? No. But, it was funny to see him running around trying to get it for me. And I knew I would want it soon enough. He lowered his head and hands to my stomach and started talking in his baby voice, which is also funny, but sweet.

“Does my little baby want a snack? Huh? Does my little embryo want something to eat?”

I cracked up at that. Embryo? Really? My laughter cut off when I looked up at Mr. and Mrs. Walker.

“She is pregnant?”

Vince Sr. sounded strained.

“Yep, and this one is mine biologically.”

Ariah screamed. Flat out screamed. Then she jumped up and started screaming and hopping in a circle. Vince Sr. still holding LJ, laughed.

“This is awesome!” He said. “Two grandkids. We might just stay on to help out around here.”

“Oooh baby let’s do that!”

Ariah was so happy you could feel it coming off her in waves. It made me smile, glad that I could make someone else happy.

Ok this is all for now. I wanted to get the parent meeting over with so we could move on to everything else. Thanks for the love guys! I love you for your support.