Chapter 41

^^^NEW FAB FAN!!!^^^

Ok moving on with the story LJ is nine months old and Laurel is almost 4 months pregnant. I know people will have something to say about the ages but if you can prove it I will change it. Thanks in advance.

After much deliberation I think that the age contest goes to Midnight_Sun223 Because she was spot on with what I was thinking after I reread the books and all. So Inbox me your name because you get to be a character in the book!

PS: This is happening this way because I lost my friggin notes that I was keeping on the book. IDK what happened to them.

Laurel’s POV

I had to change my name, we all did. While in Angers, I am going by Nicole, or Nicki. LJ is Keith now and so is Keith. It’s pretty funny that Keith went into hiding and used his real name. If anyone asks, we tell them that Keith is a family name and it was our Grandfather Keith’s dying wish that I name Little Keith in accordance with family tradition. Ava is now Asha and Adreana is now Maria. We try to make sure we call each other that, even at home, but off course we slip up. It’s hard and I don’t want LJ to think that Keith is his real name. I am extremely proud that he has my father’s name and I don’t want that to change. Damn Vince and Dominic for bringing it to this point. Why can’t I just be happy?

Nope. I will not have a pity party. I am in charge of my own happiness and I will be happy. We also all changed our looks slightly. I got some lighter contacts to change my eye color to a hazel and started wearing non-prescription glasses. My hair is longer now, and it’s a honey brown color. Everyone else made changes and Keith works from home if he works at all. He put a lot of money away over the years and his plan was for us to live off that. I didn’t even agree with him. The first thing I did was find a job. Adreana stayed home with LJ and Keith and Ava got a job at the library here. Who knew she was fluent in French? I got a job at a coffee shop, but it was hard going because I was not fluent in French. But I was learning. We had already been in France for a few weeks and things were beginning to settle into a routine.

I woke every morning at 6:30 to feed LJ. He still gets breast milk, thought I generally pump. After that I take him to Keith and Ava and go for a run. I have really been getting to know my wolf since we came here. France has very pretty country side. We run and get to know each other. From the talks we have had, I have gathered that my wolf is really old. Almost all wolves are. There is a long history with our wolves and their spirits spanning centuries. Opal doesn’t remember much from the lives that she has lived in the past, but I get the sense that we are always connected. I have asked her more than once if I have lived before but she never gives me a straight answer. Some malarkey about knowing too much will only drive you crazy and make life dull. I wish she would just tell me. I would like to know if I have always been connected to Vince or if this was just a fluke. I can’t budge her though.

Either way we run every morning, and then I go home to shower and get ready for work. I work at a very cutesy place that sells coffees and pastries. It’s so horrible, because as I am pregnant I just want to gobble everything, but that isn’t very professional or good for business. Luckily Mr. and Mrs. Petit, who own the bakery, know I’m pregnant and make sure I eat well, though they won’t let me touch coffee.

It’s like I can’t help myself in the morning, my pregnant self is so drawn to the smell that I always am drawn to the coffee beans and I just inhale. We are like a family the way we go back and forth over my consumption of the drink. I don’t really drink it, but Mrs. Petit is so worried about mine and the baby’s health that she scolds me if I even look to be thinking of drinking some of the heavenly goodness. And every morning I have to go to the bathroom so no one will see me break down. The tiffs we have over the coffee remind me so much of Vince and his over protectiveness that I can’t keep my tears in check. I miss him so much, I just want him next to me. But I know this is for the best. I can’t keep taking chances with my heart, hoping that he loves me as much as I love him. I needed for him not to have to think about it but he froze, and look where it got us. Me alone, pregnant, in a whole other country, with our son. Sometimes my life is so depressing I think of writing a book to make teenagers and young adults weep at our screwed and twisted love affair. I want to hate Vince, but I can’t. If he wants to be with Jensa then I can only wish him the best, because that is how much I love him.