NAPKIN AND BLANKIE II (CAMREN...

By alwayssun06

Book II of Forever and A day. _______________________________ I never thought that love is such a complic... More

Chapter 1 - Together
Chapter 2 - Donuts
Chapter 3 - Ours
Chapter 4 - Late
Chapter 5 - Fall
Chapter 6 - Simple
Chapter 7 - New
Chapter 8 - Guest
Chapter 9 - Cake
Chapter 10 - Jealous
Chapter 11 - Remember
Chapter 12 - Confused
Chapter 13 - Nervous
Chapter 14 - You
Chapter 15 - Over
Chapter 16 - Sincere
Chapter 17 - Honest
Chapter 18 - Dirty
Chapter 19 - Blurry
Chapter 20 - Start
Chapter 21 - Nightmare
Chapter 22 - Interesting
Chapter 23 - Dark
Chapter 24 - Beach
Chapter 25 - Weak
Chapter 26 - Stage
Chapter 27 - Regret
Chapter 28 - Denial
Chapter 29 - Rejected
Chapter 30 - Right
Chapter 31 - Somewhere
Chapter 32 - Campfire
Chapter 33 - Noise
Chapter 34 - Search
Chapter 35 - Separate
Chapter 36 - Never
Chapter 37 - Tears
Chapter 38 - Cry
Chapter 39 - Blanket
Chapter 40 - Hug
Chapter 41 - Delete
Chapter 42 - Guilty
Chapter 43 - Back
Final Chapter - Forevermore
FOREVERMORE
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Chapter 44 - Proof

594 22 0
By alwayssun06

Nicole Scherzinger was sitting with her legs crossed on one of the waiting bench at the airport. She looks restless as she glanced at her watch, waiting for someone.

Where is she?

She's waiting for Camila at the airport as the girl said that she'll come later. It's already 2 o'clock and Nicole can't help but worried if Camila suddenly changed her mind and then her phone beeped.

You got a new message

Nervously Nicole opened the message.

From: Camila

I need to go somewhere before leaving. Wait for me at the airport.

Nicole gulped.

Somewhere?

She has a bad feeling about this.

**
Zooey looked around the cafe, but she can't find the person she wants to meet.

"Have you seen Marley? We promised to meet here, but she's..not here.." Zooey asked to Dinah who's sitting lazily behind the counter.

"Can you believe it? They left me here to watch over the cafe while they're all going to Lauren's house!" Dinah said, angry.

"They?"

"Marley, my lazy wife, Lauren and..Heather's girlfriend.."

"Why are they going to Lauren's house?" asked Zooey, puzzled.

"They've found Camila.."

**
Camila stood still in front of the pink house she used to share with Lauren and stared at the door knob. Slowly she put her hand on the knob and took a deep breath. She wants to open the door but she hesitated. Before she leaves New York, she wants to visit the house for one last time. Since, she's sure Lauren was at work.

She let out a loud sigh and opened the door. But then she's greeted by the unexpected scene. She stared at the sight in front of her, shocked. The house was messy. Camila walked towards the living room and looked around. There were empty buckets of ice cream with other junk foods all over the floor and on the couch.

What happened here?

She wondered and then she feels worried for Lauren. 

How is she doing?

Is she eating well?

Is she sleeping well without me?

Camila makes her way upstairs and stopped in front of their room.

Napkin & Blankie

Forever and a Day

Tears filled her eyes as she saw the plate on the door. She pushed the door opened and stepped inside. Slowly tears rolled down her eyes as she smelled Lauren's scent that filled the room. It's a mixture of her sweet odor and her vanilla perfume.

It's Lauren.

Camila smiled.

It's my favorite scent in the world.

And it always will be.

She stood still in the middle of the room as she looked around. The bed. Where they make love. Even though they sometimes do it all over the house. Camila chuckled as she sobbed. The memories are bittersweet. She and Lauren are such a compatible partner in bed. Camila wiped her tears and walked towards the desk. Lauren's working desk.

There were papers all over the place.  Camila picked up a photo frame and stared at the picture. It's a picture of her and Lauren at the ice skating rink, where they first kissed. Tears can't stop rolling down her cheeks even after she wiped it a few times. She put the frame into her bag, for some reason she wants to take the picture with her.

"Camila..is that you?"

Camila froze as she heard the familiar voice. That sweet voice, Lauren. Slowly she turned around and greeted by a pair of teary eyes. Their eyes met. There were too many things they wanted to say to each other, but they ended up staring into each other's eyes in silence.

"I love you." Lauren suddenly said. She feels relieved as she finally able to say it to Camila instead of the empty space. Camila looked away as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You..broke my heart."

Lauren slowly walked towards the crying girl. "I didn't do it." she said.

"You're still going to deny it?"

"You never gave me a chance to explain."

Camila scoffed. "What else to explain? I saw it with my own eyes!"

"What?"

"You and Marley were hugging so intimately at the cafe!" Camila shouted.

Lauren shook her head. "That.."

"She was crying hard over you." a voice said.

Marley was standing by the door with Normani and Naya.

"What are you doing here, bitch?!" Camila shouted, angry.

Marley gulped as she sees the fury in Camila's eyes. She took a step backward.

"They didn't do anything, it was just a comforting hug." Normani added.

Camila nodded. "Sure they didn't do anything..I mean, it's all just me overreacting.."

Everyone stared at Camila's weird behavior. "Like..hugging each other on bed, naked..it's just a..friendly hug, isn't it?" she asked, staring at Lauren.

"Camila..I swear it's not what looks like!" Lauren said, desperate. She got nothing else to say.

"They didn't had sex that night." a voice said from behind. Zooey was standing there, slightly panting.

"Ewii?" Camila asked, surprised.

"They didn't do it, Cammy. You gotta believe me." Zooey said as she walked into the room.

Camila shook her head. "How the hell did you know about it?! Were you there?!" 

Zooey sighed. "Well..kinda."

"What?!"

Marley buried her face in her palm as she didn't know what to expect next.

"How could Marley had sex with Lauren two weeks ago if she's still a virgin until 3 days ago?" Zooey asked.

"What are you talking about?" Camila asked, confused.

"I'm the one..who took Marley's virginity." Zooey said, slightly blushing.

Silence fell into the room.

"Oh my god." Zooey said as she hides her face behind the door.

Normani and Naya both pats Marley's back. "Congrats." They said in unison.

"St-stop it!" Marley said as she pushed away the hands.

"But..but..the picture!" Camila asked.

"Nicole planned it.." Naya said.

Camila stared at the girl. 

"..with your ex, Mario." Naya finished her sentence.

 Camila shook her head. "What?! Leo?! This is..so..confusing.."

Lauren slowly moved closer to Camila and held her hands. "Honey..do you really think that I'll do such thing to you?" she said, slowly.

Camila looked up and gaze into Lauren's teary eyes.

"There's no one else that I want in this world but you." Lauren continued.

"My soulmate." she added.

"Lolo.."

"DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!"  Nicole was standing by the door, angry. "THEY'RE LYING!" she shouted.

She marched into the room and took Camila's hands away from Lauren.

"HEY!!" Lauren shouted.

"Camila, listen to me..they're all ganged up to cover Lauren's sin!"

"What the hell?" Zooey said.

"They can say anything they want! I mean, do you really believe someone like Marley was a virgin at her age?!" Nicole said, pointing at Marley.

"I.."

"And me planning the scene with Mario?!"  Nicole  broke into a huge laughter.

"I don't even know anyone with that name!"

Camila stared at Nicole, confused.

"But the picture is real! It's real!" Nicole said.

"You planned it all, you son of a bitch!" Lauren said, pulling Camila's hand away from Nicole's grip.

"Oh yeah?! Prove it! Prove it!" Nicole said to Lauren's face.

"Prove it if you can!"

Lauren gulped.

"I can prove it." Zooey said.

Everyone stared at Zooey.

"You can prove it?" Nicole asked, worried.

Zooey nodded. She took out her phone and look at it.

"Lauren called me that night.."

"Yes..I did." Lauren said.

"I did called you to pick up Marley..because she was drunk.." She paused. "..but I don't remember anything else.."

"You called me..and it went to the voice mail." Zooey said.

"So what? That doesn't prove anything!" Nicole said, nervous.

"I saved it..because it was weird." Zooey said.

She put her phone on the desk and let it play.

"......"

"There's nothing in it!" Nicole said.

"Wait!" Zooey shouted.

"......I'm sorry princess......"

Silence filled the room.

"That was your voice.." Camila said, staring at Nicole.

Nicole shook her head. "That could be anyone! That doesn't prove anything!"

Lauren grabbed Nicole's shirt and pushed her to the wall. She stared at Nicole, angry. "You...there's no one else called me with that nickname but..you." 

Nicole gritted her teeth. "That's not me." she said.

"Of course it's you! You're one of the few people who knew that I don't drink alcohol!"  Lauren paused.  "Which is why you gave me apple juice.."

Nicole bit her lip. "It could be anyone.."

"Enough, Nicole." Heather was standing by the door. "It's not worth it." she continued.

Nicole shook her head. "Lauren cheated! She really did!" 

Lauren tightened her grip on Nicole's collar. "Shut up!"

"Let her go, Lauren." a man voice said.

Mario was standing next to Heather, looking at her.

"Mario?!" Everyone said in unison.

"Nicole..enough." Mario said.

Nicole shook her head. "No! I have nothing to do with this!"

"Yes, you do." Mario said.

"You..paid me to help framing Lauren's infidelity." He added, serious.

"I don't even know you!" Nicole insists.

Heather showed a piece of paper.

"Here's your solid proof." she said.

Nicole stared at the document, speechless.

"Money transaction record, from your account to Mario's." Heather added.

Lauren let go of her grip from Nicole's collar. Nicole fell on her knees as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"It's not supposed to be this way.." she said, sobbing.

Everyone stared at the crying girl on the floor. Lauren sighed as she looks at her former friend, Nicole.

"Why?" Lauren asked.

"I never thought you will go this far just to..get Camila." she continued.

Nicole buried her face in her palms.

"We used to be..best friends.." Lauren added.

Nicole shook her head. "Yeah..best friends.." 

Nicole stared at Lauren.

"Why do you always have to be that oblivious?"

"Eh?"

"You..never feel pain..that's why.." Nicole sighed. "Do you know how it feels being with someone who will never love you back?"

She put a hand on her chest and gently hitting it. "It hurts..a lot. Lauren..princess. Do you know how much I..love you?" Nicole said.

The whole room stared at them, shocked.

"I..thought you're over me." Lauren said.

Nicole laughed. "Over you?" 

"How am I supposed to get over my first love?"

Camila gasped.

"I decided to be your friend because..that's the only way I can be with you...even when I know for sure that you'll never look at me that way.."

Marley and Zooey looked at each other, shocked.

"You never seems to care..no matter who I'm going out with..or who I bring home with.." Nicole continued. "I'm just your best friend."

Lauren stared at Nicole, shocked.

"And then there's Camila..who is everything to you."  Nicole look at Lauren as tears continues to roll down her cheeks. "I want you to feel the pain I felt....so I took Camila away from you..It hurts, isn't it?" Nicole smiled as she stared at Lauren. "Make you wanna kill yourself.."

Lauren gulped.

"So..it's not about Camila from the start?" Mario asked, curious.

Nicole scoffed "It wasn't at first..but..slowly I fell for her." "Because Camila..is another half of Lauren. They're similar." 

"If I can't make Lauren love me..I'm content with Camila." Nicole added, smiling.

"You're..sick." Nicole said, scared.

Nicole looked down, smiling bitterly. "I know right?" 

Suddenly, Lauren kneeled down and wrapped her arms around Nicole. Nicole got her eyes shot open, shocked by the sudden hug.

"I'm sorry." Lauren said.

Nicole froze. "Lauren..I framed you and was about to took your girlfriend to Puerto Rico with me..and you're apologizing?" Nicole said, still shocked.

"You're like this because of me." Lauren said in regret. "I'm sorry I can't return your feelings." she added as tears rolls down her cheeks.

Nicole closed her eyes as she returns the warm hug. "You're an idiot." She said. "You should punch me or something.." she added.

Lauren chuckled. "Maybe later."

"Are you serious?"

"I am."

The two friends continued to hug as the other watches the scene.

"That was..a nice ending." Heather said as she held Naya's hand.

"Friendship and love..you shouldn't mess with it." Marley said.

Zooey nodded, agreed. 

"So..it's all just a big fat misunderstanding?" Camila suddenly said.

Mario nodded. "Lauren won't even touch another girl. She's that loyal." He added.

Camila looked at her ex-fiance. "Why are you here?"

"Little Jauregui and Mama Jauregui find me and dragged me here." Mario said.

"Leo..you were helping Nicole all along?" 

sighed. "I..didn't intend to."

"At the bar..I didn't know she was talking about you and Lauren, so I gave her the bad advice." He said.

"When I found out that it's Lauren..she was already stripped naked by Nicole on the bed.."

"But still..why did you decided to help me and Lauren now?" Camila asked, curious.

"Why not?"

"Well..we ruined the wedding and all..I thought you hate me."

Mario laughed. "First of all, I could never hate you." He said as she looked into Camila's eyes.

"Secondly, I finally realized the true meaning of love." He said, looking away. "If you love something..let it go. Camila..I'm happy just knowing you're happy." He smiled and looked down. "I admit that I'm still not over you.. But I'm sure one day..I'll meet my soulmate. And we will live happily ever after."

Camila chuckled.

"But till then.." He put a hand on Camila's head and smiled. "I just want to see you happy." 

Camila could feel tears in her eyes.

"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 6.4K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
378K 13.1K 16
oh my god! he's a really bad boy. (i wrote this story in 2019 when skz were 9... so i apologise if that makes it a bit uncomfortable, but it would be...
1.3K 70 3
Trust - The First Step in Any Relationship Misunderstandings are the ultimate villain of anyone's story. If only we clear our matters with each oth...
753 54 8
One day 6-year-old Camila asks her dad about what it feels like to fall in love. What happens if after years, the question is brought up again but th...