Whilst the boyfriends away

By kaylsxo

Here, there and everywhere with work my boyfriend Charlie is rather quick to make me his last priority, and a... More

Whilst the boyfriends away
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80
81.
82.
Epilogue
Sequel?

83.

53.2K 1.8K 232
By kaylsxo

Exactly three weeks later we're in Essex taking one last look at our house before we sign the contract. Despite being disappointed at the first house, Aston and I have completely fell in love with the second and both eager to sign on the dotted line. Situated in Chelmsford just a short drive away from both my parents and the town, the house has everything first buyers could ask for, if not more. It's a newly built building and has both a back and front garden, the dining room is separate from the kitchen and it has the three bedrooms we were hoping for. It's perfect for us!

"Thanks a lot, we'll see you next week," Aston smiled shaking the estate agents hand after me.

Heading outside to the car I felt a dozen weights lift from my shoulders, before this house nothing seemed to impress us so I was beginning to worry about lowering our expectations, but now I know the deal is complete I couldn't be happier. There's just one more week to wait before we can pick up the keys.

"It's so lovely isn't it?" I grinned sitting in the passenger seat and looking back up the drive. "It ticks all the boxes and we'll be saving money on the interior."

"Yeah it is, it's great," he replied.

"I can't wait to move in, it will feel more real then."

"It's real babe, it's in black and white right here."

I took the papers from him and giggled in excitement.

"Come on, your parents were expecting us twenty minutes ago," he said pulling his seatbelt across and starting the engine.

In the past few weeks are relationship has grown from strength to strength. It was no lie about Charlie leaving the country, as I was told he's back working in Dubai and the only difference now is that it's for a different company. There's been no explanation as to why but right now I don't care, I'm just relieved he's out of the picture. Deep down, despite telling me otherwise I know Aston's downhearted about not knowing if he's the baby's biological father, the thought of Charlie fathering my child must torture him.

"I would apologise for not bringing you to meet my family sooner but you might appreciate it after this, we are a random bunch," I said as we turned into a familiar village.

"I'm sure we'll get along just fine," he chuckled.

"It's this house here, on the left."

I knocked on the front door and lead Aston inside.

"Hello, Mum? Dad?" I called.

"Kayleigh, is that you?" Mum replied.

"It is, yeah."

She came rushing through with open arms ready to scoop me up, Dad and Mollie following closely behind.

"Look at you, you're glowing," she squealed.

"Put the girl down Mandy," Dad chuckled pushing her aside to give me a hug. "I want to see my beautiful little girl."

"Oh stop it," I blushed.

I said hello to each of them surprised to see Chloe peek around the kitchen door with a mug of coffee, I didn't expect to see her here until later.

"This is Aston," I smiled.

"Hello love, I'm Mandy," Mum replied.

"Hiya, it's nice to finally meet you both," he spoke.

"And you son, I'm Dave," Dad said shaking his hand briefly before patting Aston's back.

"Come in, I've just put the kettle on," Mum said leading us through. "Do you drink tea or coffee Aston?"

"I'll have a coffee please."

"Have you got any hot chocolate Mum?" I asked.

"I brought a sachet just for you."

"Ah, thank you."

"How are you feeling Kayleigh?" Dad asked as we sat around the dining table.

"I'm good thanks, my morning sickness has eased."

"I had it terrible with you," Mum groaned.

"Still no bump I see?" Chloe said.

"No, I think I'll be awhile yet. I had my twelve week scan yesterday, I brought a copy to show you."

"Oh have you?! let's see."

They all jumped in excitement as I took it out from my bag.

"That's amazing," Chloe grinned.

"They said we can find out the sex at twenty weeks."

"Are you going to?" Dad asked.

"We think so, yeah," I replied looking to Aston.

"I'm so happy for you, you'll make great parents," Mum smiled starting to well up.

This is the first time I've seen them since the miscarriage, I've wanted to come home for weeks but only now have we had the chance. I can understand why it's so emotional for everyone.

"How's school Mollie?" I asked.

"It's alright," she shrugged.

"Have you done your homework?" Dad asked.

"She can do it later, there's plenty of time," I smiled.

"How is the job hunting going?" Mum asked.

"I've had a couple of interviews with no luck, but then who would want to employ someone needing maternity leave in the next few months."

"Hey, don't think like that," Aston moaned.

"Aston's right, there will be job crop up soon," Dad reassured.

"I hope so," I sighed. "I don't think I can face working with Kelly for much longer."

"What about you Aston?" Mum asked.

"I'm waiting to hear back from an interview I had last week, but for now I'm doing some work with Dad," he replied.

"As long as you're getting a wage."

"Yeah, we've had to stick it out to get a mortgage."

I've only been back at work a couple of weeks and I've already had enough of that office, but Aston's right again, the only way of getting a mortgage is if we have a reliable wage. It will be worth it in the end though.

"I better make a start on dinner," Mum said collecting our empty mugs to wash up.

"Do you want any help?" I asked.

"No love, you sit down. Take everyone into the lounge Dave."

Leaving Mum to rustle up a delicious dinner for us all we moved into the lounge and sat on the couch around the television. There's so many photos hung up in this room, from my first school photo to a family christening they're on show somewhere, I hope Aston hasn't noticed the one of me in a bright orange dress.

"Have you heard anymore about Charlie?" Chloe asked.

"What about Charlie?" Dad frowned.

"He's gone back to Dubai."

"He always has been one to run away from his problems," he grunted.

"I don't care this time Dad, I'm pleased if anything. I don't want or need his money."

"It's besides the point love, when did he leave?"

"About three weeks ago, Kelly stupidly booked the flights on a public computer at work," I replied.

"Kelly booked them?"

"Yeah, he's never managed to do them himself. If there was a time where I didn't do them for him his boss would email the details over to me rather than Charlie."

"Why is she involved?"

"Jealousy I guess," I shrugged.

I sat thinking for a moment about what I just said. I remember there being a disagreement about his flights the last time he went away, he had some stupid excuse as to why his flights were one way. I had the confirmation letter sent over to my personal email address to give to Charlie the morning he left for Dubai, I printed off his booking for the hotel and his boarding pass, both of which had the date printed on them.

"Oh my god," I mumbled.

"Are you alright babe?" Aston asked.

"Dad, can I use your laptop for a minute please?"

"Sure, it's in the spare room."

"Aston, come with me," I said tugging his arm.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to look at something in my emails."

I rushed upstairs and switched on Dad's laptop, after logging into my email account I scrolled down until I reached the email from Charlie's manager.

"Babe.." Aston frowned.

"I had Charlie's tickets emailed over to me the morning he left for Dubai, I've tried to remember the date he left for weeks and this should tell me when."

"Wait, you mean.."

I opened up the email and scanned the page for the date. Friday the eighth of May.

"I fell pregnant in the first week of june, this email is from the eighth of May ."

"That's a month later."

"Charlie had left by the middle of May."

"But was we.."

"I slept with you just over a week after Charlie left. I must have fallen quickly, Aston this baby is yours."

"Are you sure?" he gulped.

"It has to be yours."

"Let me check," he said looking for himself.

Everything adds up, Charlie had already left the country when I fell pregnant and the only other person I had sex with is Aston. This baby must be his!

"Oh my god, you're right," Aston mumbled in disbelief.

Lifting me up off the seat he scooped me up in his arms and span me round in excitement. We've been waiting for this news for so long, I can't believe I never thought to check the flight details before now.

"I'm sorry Aston."

"No, it doesn't matter now."

"I should have looked before."

"No.."

"I'm so stupid."

"Shut up and kiss me already," he laughed in happiness.

"I'm so happy," I squealed.

"I love you so much baby, both of you."

Crushing my lips to his I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close. It feels amazing to know I will have a perfect little family with this man, Charlie is now feeling like a distant memory I will soon forget.

~♥️~

Vote for more, the next part should be the last part :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost In You By Kat

Teen Fiction

1.3K 94 31
✗ "I'm sorry," I choked, the tears spilling down my cheeks. He shook his head and pulled me closer again. "Don't be sorry, just work on getting bette...
4.2M 71K 27
My life changed completely once i turned twenty one. My friends and i went out to celebrate my special day but i didn't realise it would be the last...
2.2K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
3.6K 57 27
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...