the ski lodge ➳ zarry

By fluorescentzarry

harry is proudly on his second year of uni, happily dodging the sororities, frats, and generally speaking: pe... More

⤿ introduction
⤿ preface: how they met
⤿ part one: how they found out
⤿ part two: how they sang justin bieber
⤿ part three: how they collided
⤿ part four: how they partied
⤿ part five: how they yelled
⤿ part six: how they remembered
⤿ part seven: how they lied
⤿ part eight: how they took the elevator
⤿ part nine: how they switched
⤿ part ten: how they melted
⤿ part eleven: how they ordered pizza
⤿ part twelve: how they shared books
⤿ part fourteen: how they discovered
⤿ part fifteen: how they were together at 1am
⤿ part sixteen: how they felt
⤿ part seventeen: how they could hear clearly
⤿ part eighteen: how they called
⤿ part nineteen: how they were honest
⤿ part twenty: how they realized
⤿ part twenty one: how they brought cupcakes
⤿ part twenty two: how they were hurting
⤿ part twenty three: how they were detectives
⤿ part twenty four: how they were in love
⤿ part twenty five: how they figured it out
⤿ part twenty six: how they stopped
⤿ part twenty seven: how they turned twenty
⤿ part twenty eight: how they were everything
⤿ part twenty nine: how they debated
⤿ part thirty: how they laughed
⤿ part thirty one: how they left
⤿ part thirty two: how they met family
⤿ part thirty three: how they loved
⤿ part thirty four: how they hesitated
⤿ part thirty five: how they fought
⤿ part thirty six: how they cried
⤿ part thirty seven: how they were brain dead
⤿ part thirty eight: how they ran in the rain
⤿ part thirty nine: how they cooked
⤿ part forty: how they were confident
⤿ part forty one: how they were on vacation
⤿ part forty two: how they imagined
⤿ part forty three: how they couldn't wait
⤿ part forty four: how they kept secrets
⤿ part forty five: how they were alright
⤿ part forty six: how they broke
⤿ part forty seven: how they had baggage
⤿ part forty eight: how they connected
⤿ part forty nine: how they loved it
⤿ part fifty: how they fit
⤿ part fifty one: how they booked
⤿ part fifty two: how they fogged the windows
⤿ part fifty three: how they finished
⤿ conclusion

⤿ part thirteen: how they were the sun and stars

4.7K 324 196
By fluorescentzarry

Harry Styles

"Luke is this yours?" Harry asked, as he picked up a package outside of their door.

It was wrapped with care in brown paper bag wrapping. A white satin bow was tied around it gently, and it read no name on the front.

"Lemme see?" Luke took it from Harry's hand carefully as Harry closed the door behind him. 

Luke examined the neatly wrapped package. "You think my friends would send me something like this? It's probably from Leigh Anne or something you know they're extra," 

"Um, okay.." Harry hesitantly took the package from Luke. "I'll put it on your bed if it's for you,"

"Alright thanks bro," Luke smiled, 'friendly punching' Harry on the shoulder. 

Harry seemed to take it pretty hard, even though Luke always said he was gentle.

"Uh, yeah," Harry forced a smile up at Luke.

"Alright, I've got class, so I'll see you later," Luke spoke, not even waiting for a goodbye from Harry.

He grabbed his backpack, and left without another word.

Harry liked it this way, and since it was Thursday he always had classes in the evening rather than the afternoon, so he only stayed in the room with Luke in the mornings.

With the package still in his hand, he sat on his bed and unwrapped it as carefully as possible, just in case whatever it was belonged to Luke.

Under the beautiful packaging revealed a book.

Titled, The Sun is Also a Star 

By Nicola Yoon.

Harry was in awe, as he placed the packaging beside him on his bed, and padded his thumb across the beautiful bright coloured cover. 

Cautiously like with all of his books, he opened the front cover to hear the small cracking sounds of a new book opening.

On the inside, a sticky note was stuck with a rough handwritten note.

Harry,

I bought Everything, Everything last night and found that Mrs Yoon had another book.

If the sun is also a star, does that mean you're the sun?

Because you were already a star to me.

But now I guess you're the sun too.

Yours, 

Zayn

Harry's heart pounded against his chest. This was a joke.

He couldn't even half believe that Zayn would write this.

Harry hesitated calling Leigh Anne after rereading the note over, and over again.

Until he processed that Leigh Anne's printing was so much nicer than this ones.

And so was Perrie's.

And he wasn't really friends with anyone else.

It had to be Zayn, which scared Harry quite honestly.

Because Harry had no idea whatsoever that Zayn somewhat, might just feel the same way that Harry feels.

Which scared him even more.

Hurt was the last thing Harry wanted to be.

So he called Leigh Anne, because that's the solution to everything in Harry's world.

"Zayn left a book on my doorstep and called me his sun and star," Harry said right as Leigh Anne picked up.

"I was going to suggest that book to you!" Leigh spoke, and it sounded like a smile was in her voice. "Nicola Yoon is fucking queen," 

"No, no, no, not the point!" Harry drawled. "He called me his sun.. And star!"

"That's good," Leigh Anne was smirking now. Harry knew so.

"How?" Harry knew it was, but he loved Leigh Anne's opinions.

"Because soon he's going to be your fuck-buddy if you two keep this up,"

Harry couldn't help but laugh. "Should I see him? He's in the other building right?"

"Yeah he's there," Leigh Anne said. "I saw him coming up the stairs,"

"You're a stalker," Harry frowned.

"It benefits you though, doesn't it?"

Rolling his eyes, Harry scoffed. "I'll come by your room too then?"

"Deal," Leigh Anne answered. "I'll see you after you see Zayn? And bring the book I need to read that note,"

"Deal," Harry repeated, and the two hung up.

Pulling on his runners and putting his jacket on, Harry started his way out of his building and across the street to Zayn's building.

Upon arrival, he ran into Luke (not so surprisingly seeing as his recent girlfriend was in this building) who directed him to Zayn's room, without question.

Harry knocked on his door once at Zayn's room, Niall answering immediately.

"This is a crisis!" Niall yelled, pulling Harry into the room. "I'm so glad you're here, follow me,"

Harry took his shoes off quickly, and before he had time to take his jacket off, Niall grabbed his arm and dragged Harry to Zayn's part of the dorm room.

Harry had never seen a dorm room so big, especially with separate rooms, but he didn't find it surprising as Zayn's family was very wealthy.

The door to Zayn's room was open and Zayn was laid back on his bed reading Everything, Everything.

That made Harry's heart so, so, happy.

"You need to save his ass," Niall whispered. "I didn't even know he knew that books existed,"

"I'm on it," Harry smirked confidently.

Niall looked at Harry before leaving, and he mouthed a thank you.

When Niall was out of sight, Harry hesitated before knocking on the door, as he could watch Zayn read all day.

Zayn looked so peaceful.

Just him and his book.

"Zayn?" Harry spoke instead of knocking. 

Zayn looked up, and placed his book facing downwards on his bed. "Harry, hi,"

Harry clutched the book Zayn had given him tighter in his hands, as he stepped into Zayn's room and closed the door behind him.

"Hi," Harry smiled, flustered.

"Hi," Zayn waved at Harry. 

It was silent for a moment, as the two gazed at each other as if they were the only two in the world.

"I'm at the part where they go to Hawaii," Zayn said, pointing to the book. "They're going to fuck, and then she's going to die. I predict it,"

Harry raised his hands up in defence. "No spoilers,"

"I keep looking back to the black page," Zayn picked the book up, and motioned to the one black page in the book. "I want to turn to it so bad, but I'm a good reader, so I won't,"

"Again, no spoilers," Harry smiled.

"You can sit," Zayn leaned over and pushed the pillows off the end of his bed and pat it down for Harry. "My sheets are fresh, I just washed them too by the way,"

Harry chuckled as he sat down on Zayn's bed.

"You've still got your coat on," Zayn acknowledged, scooting up on his bed and reaching for Harry's zipper.

Even though there were layers upon layers inside of his jacket, the butterflies still found a way to return to Harry.

No matter what.

"Niall kind of dragged me here," Harry smiled, pulling his coat off, making sure the book that Zayn gave him was sat gently on his bed. "He wanted me to save you from reading a book! How tragic is that,"

Zayn laughed, and then pat Harry's arm lightly. "Niall's like that," He said.

Harry felt that if he opened his mouth even, the butterflies would come rushing out.

"About the book though," Harry picked up the book and showed it to Zayn. "Did you write this?"

Gently, he opened the front cover to reveal the note Zayn had written. 

Zayn took a minute, clearly to read over the note again.

"I wrote that," Zayn said after a few moments. "Yeah, that was me," 

"Really?" Harry tried to stop himself from blushing, but that failed miserably every time.

"Yeah," Zayn smiled, nodding. "I mean, I actually did some research and the sun is just a huge star,"

"Yes I've known that for a while now," Harry chuckled.

It was quiet again, Zayn smiling up at Harry and trying his hardest not to stare at Harry's soft pink lips.

"Your note made me smile," Harry said quietly. "It made me smile a lot,"

This made Zayn smile.

Nor Zayn or Harry could stop.

Smiling was a habit between the two.

a/n: hEY YALL

THE STORY IS REAAAALLLY STARTING IM READYYY

- ALEXIS !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1.7K 9
At first Louis didn't mean to intrude but now he enjoys coming into Harry's lectures. Especially when half the class is in love with his hot husband...
1.2K 89 30
It all started with some dm's Sophia; a rather quiet, passionate and artistic girl who couldn't care less about guys. The last thing she needed in he...
64K 4.8K 41
Harry, a highschooler, starts on another student's To-Do list and ends with his baby. *** Harry Styles was just a highschool nerd who prided himself...
87.1K 4.3K 27
Harry and Zayn had been friends since college alongside with Liam, Niall and Louis. They've been in each other's backs ever since Freshman. Even thou...