You Capture My Attention (GxG)

By AmyliasElden

Valerie Christopher is an extremely talented fashion student. Winning multiple contests and awards for her wo... More

Prologue
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five:
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty

Chapter Nineteen

4.7K 289 45
By AmyliasElden

Author Note:

Hey, please VOTE and COMMENT!!! it helps me out a lot guys :). Enjoy

-Amy

Valerie's POV:

"This is amazing!" I yelled in excitement. Ana laughed at my child like demeanor, but, I didn't care. We had just finished eating when she mentioned the fact that she had just got a brand new virtual reality system. I couldn't not try it out! I could feel Ana's hand upon my arm as I killed the last of the aliens.

"I'm glad you like it, but do you want to see something amazing?" Her voice was close as she pulled the ear piece away from my head. I nodded my response, handing her the controllers. "This is my favorite. It's not very long... but trust me, it's completely mind blowing." She whispered, sending a chill down my spine. The screen around me goes black, but then the scene developed before my eyes. I was standing next to a lazy running river; the sun low in the twilight sky. Then, as the setting sun vanished behind the hillside, over a million fireflies slowly lit the night.

"Wow..." I breathed out, looking around as they flew around me. I smiled, watching them flicker on and off every now and then. It lasted only for a few minutes, but it felt as if I was there. Ana pulled the headset off my head, offering me a small smile. "That was beautiful..." I whispered.

"I knew you were going to love it. It actually, reminds of back home." She spoke with a hint of sadness, "Whenever the sun set, all the fireflies would come out. I remember catching a couple of them."

"Do you ever get homesick?" I blurted out, causing her to look at me. She let out a short breath while she turned off the T.V, bending down to turn off the system.

"Always...but, I love living here a lot. Sometimes, I'm conflicted though. I get to go back every few months though, so..." She shrugs her shoulders.

"I know what you mean...I'm actually from Canada... I miss it sometimes." I threw out, standing awkwardly. I watched as Ana stood up and started to let her towel fall down her body, somewhat revealing her tattoo. I felt my mouth go dry as the muscles in her back flexed with the movement.

"You're from Canada?" She asked, pulling the towel back up to fix it. I blinked in confusion for a second before nodding. "I didn't know that. That's awesome! When did you move here?" She asked as she moved closer to me

"Uh..." My brain was turning into mush. I couldn't help but stare at her chest, barely covered by the black bikini top. Ana laughed as she snapped her fingers to gain my attention. I blinked, my cheeks turning a bright pink as I covered them with my hands.

"You can look, if you want to..." She whispered with a mischievous tone in her voice. She was so close to me now, her towel falling to the floor in a heap. My eyes betrayed my inner commands and followed down the curves of the barely covered beauty before me. But, as Ana was about to move closer, my phone went off. I blinked, trying to control my emotions as I watched her grab my phone, her brows furrowing as she read the name that appeared on it. "Emalie?"

"Why is she calling me?" I asked rhetorically, my mind still foggy. Ana handed me the phone as she bent down to grab her towel. I frowned as I watched her wrap it around her body and walk away into her bedroom. "Hey, Emalie. What's up?"

"Hey, sorry to bother you but, I was just wondering if you've heard from Lyndsey?" Her voice sounded worried. I pulled my phone away from my ear, noticing that it was almost midnight.

"Uh, no... I'm sorry. I haven't seen or talked to her since the airport." I said truthfully, feeling awkward to even be speaking to her. I could hear dishes clanging around as well as sizzling in the background on her end; an obvious sign that she was at work. Emalie let out an exasperated sigh.

"Okay... Well, let me know if you do?" She begged almost. I bit my lip as the guilt started to set in again. I knew they weren't technically in a relationship but, still.

"Of course."

"Well, I gotta go now. By the way, Oswald was the cutest." Before I could say anything else the line went dead.

"Who is Emalie?" Ana's voice called out. I looked up to see her leaning against the wall; wearing a pair of sweats and a tank top.

"She's Lyndsey's ex or girlfriend? Depends on the day I guess." I shrugged as I picked up my things.

"Are you leaving?" She asked, walking closer to me. Her voice was laced with disappointment. I looked to her as I slipped on my Vans.

"Yeah, I mean... I had to leave eventually..." I breathed out. Ana made a face, obviously not liking my answer. "I should go see where she is." I added as I walked towards the front door to grab my suitcase. Then it dawned on me... I didn't drive myself. I turned around to see Ana slipping on a pair of shoes while grabbing her car keys.

"Well, at least let me take you home?" She asked, giving me a crooked smile.

"You don't have to..." I countered. "I can just call a cab. It's really late." I pulled my phone out of my pocket to look at the time. She scoffed though, walking past me and opening the front door.

"Listen," she started. "I was hoping you'd stay the night..." I clenched my jaw as she looked over her shoulder. "That came out wrong." She laughed awkwardly as she exited her home. I let out a long breath and followed after her.

--------

"This is your car?" I asked, shocked at what I was looking at. Ana looked back at me with a wide grin on her lips. She grabbed my bags with ease and threw them in the back of the old style pick-up truck.

"Surprised? Don't worry. My fancy car is just in the shop." She commented, slamming the tail gate shut. "But, this truck was my grandfathers." She added, patting the side of it. "No one ever had the money to buy the parts to get it fixed. So... When I had the money, I got it fixed up and had it shipped out here. Besides, when I want to go surf at another beach, it's much easier to take this." She smiled as she opened the passenger side door for me.

It took only fifteen minutes to drive to Lyndsey's apartment. As we approached, she turned the engine off and got out of the truck. Before I could even open my door, she had run around and was opening it for me.

"And who said chivalry is dead?" I smirked, earning a roll of her eyes.

"I try my hardest." She said, pulling my bags out for me. She placed them in front of me and offered me a smile. "Well, I had fun tonight."

"Me, too..." I whispered as she walked closer to me. She stood in front of me, awkwardly shifting from foot to foot. I swallowed the lump that was stuck in my throat. She leaned down and instinct was telling me to close my eyes. But, to my surprise, she just kissed me on the cheek. I fluttered my eyes open as Ana's hands were grabbing mine. Giving each of them a quick, soft kiss.

"I'll see you at work?" She wondered, closing the truck door as I stepped away.

"Yeah..." I breathed out. I grabbed my bags, looking back to see her hop back into the truck. She gave me a wave as she started the engine again.

"Until next time!" She called out as she drove away. I sighed, running hands over my flustered face.

"I see you picked to hang out with Ana." I felt goosebumps appear on my arms as Lyndsey walked closer, a suitcase in her hand as well. Her hair was slightly out of place.

"Where have you been?" I asked, opening the door and walking to the elevator. I could feel Lyndsey's presence right behind me.

"Out with Kyle." Was all she offered. I clenched my jaw at how close she was to me. "How was your date?" Her voice was sharp. A chime went off, signaling that it had arrived to our floor.

"Why didn't you answer Emalie's calls?" I asked, stepping into the elevator. Lyndsey followed suit as she pressed the floor number. I clicked my tongue over my teeth.

"My phone died." She answered, showing me her dead phone but, not looking towards me. I furrowed my brows at her actions. I watched as she continued to not look at me. "So, how was your date?"

"It wasn't a date." I argued, pulling my phone out and offering it to her. "You should call Emalie." Lyndsey just shook her head and walked into the apartment.

"I'll see her later when get gets out of work. I'm gonna go to bed..." She sighed as she dropped her things by the door and walking out of sight. I frowned, kneeling down to pet Oswald who was squeaking like a cutie pie. But, as I stood back up, Lyndsey was back in front of me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused by her odd behavior. Her eyes seemed exhausted but, also filled with conflictions.

"I don't want you to move..." She whispered, causing my eyes to widen. Lyndsey bit her lower lip as she averted my gaze.

"Why?" I questioned as I walked closer to her. To my surprise, she didn't back away but, still wouldn't look at me. "Lyndsey, come on..."

"Because, I like you living here?" She confessed, finally looking at me. I frowned and let out a small sigh.

"But, why? I'm honestly just in your way here." I laughed ironically.

"Ugh, why do you think like that?" She asked, clearly annoyed. I rolled my eyes as I pushed past her, heading towards my bedroom. She was close behind me. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, taking my necklace off. "Are you going to answer me?" I looked over my shoulder at her.

"I don't really know... It just seems like I'll be in the way." I answered as I turned around to fully face her. "You know..." I sighed. "I don't get it. I really don't understand why you want me to be here." I added truthfully. Lyndsey's arms crossed over her chest as she leaned against the door frame. "Don't you want alone time with Emalie?"

"Well, yeah..." She frowned. "But, I like having you around."

"Why?" I asked. Lyndsey let out a long sigh, her eyes falling to the floor.

"You calm me down, Valerie..." She whispered. I froze in place, looking at the defeated girl in front of me. "Being around you helps me forget my past. I'm not going to lie... This next week I don't even want to see Emalie..." She confessed. My brows rose at that, though.

"What happened between you guys?" I carefully asked, hoping not to upset her more. The intense pain was there. I could see it easily.

"It's not what happened to us... it's what-" However, just when I thought she would tell me, the elevator chimed. Lyndsey closed her eyes tight and pinched the bridge of her nose quickly as Emalie walked in.

"Lyndsey? Where were you? I tried calling..." Emalie asked, welcoming herself into my room.

"Sorry. I was with my friend, Kyle. My phone died. Anyway, I'm tired so I'm going to bed." Before Emalie could say anything, Lyndsey stormed off. Emalie looked to me with a perplexed look on her face. I gave her saddened look as I shook my head at Lyndsey's mood.

"What's wrong?" Emalie frowned. Then it was like she had a realization. "Uh, I've gotta go... I'll talk you later." She said quietly like she wasn't really talking to anyone. And then she was gone. I was left alone, confused by what the hell they were talking about. Why was the next week so hard for Lyndsey? Why was Emalie going to make that situation worse...?

'What the hell is going on...?'

Author Note:

Hope you like where the story is going. Do you like Ana? Please VOTE and COMMENT <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 6.8K 39
Kelly Myers heart was broken, her boyfriend of 2 years cheated on her with her best friend. She was heart broken and decided she needed a fresh start...
1.3M 36.2K 46
Brooklyn Scott, High School outsider, and little miss bookworm. An abusive father, unquestioning reason why he hates her so much, and an opening seni...
257K 8.5K 16
Two girls, two different walks of life, one love story. Dakota Springson was a princess. Not an actual princess, but you know the type. Rich parents...
42K 996 13
" 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞" 𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍 Laura Ho...