Chapter Eleven

Lyndsey's POV:

"Are you ready?" I called out from my seat on the couch.

"Almost!" I rolled my eyes, looking at my phone to see that it was now 7:10. 'Be ready by seven!' I thought to myself with a shake of the head and a smile. When she had asked me to go with her to the movies I'm not going to lie; I was shocked. But... she was right. We live together; we should spend some time together to at least get to know one another. Though, I wasn't sure how much longer she was going to stay with me if she was going to be rolling in the money.

"So what movie are we seeing?" I called out once more, flipping through my phone. I sighed heavily when there was no answer. "Stella?!" I yelled.

"Stella?" I nearly jumped out of my clothes when I heard how close she was. "You're a little jumpy." She laughed while I stood up and faced her direction with a scowl.

"You scared the crap out of me!" I argued, crossing my arms in irritation. She raised her brow at my childish like behavior. 'Well.... I feel stupid now.' "So... movie?" I asked once again as I hopped over the couch while sliding my phone into my back pocket. When my eyes fell upon what she was wearing I felt frozen in my tracks. 'Wow...' was all that came to mind. There she stood, wearing a simple lavender summer dress. Her hair was lightly curled, played beautifully over her shoulders. I couldn't help but smile as I looked in awe at her. Even her makeup was simple yet eloquent; a light amount of eye shadow made her beautiful chocolate eyes seem like a honey color.

"W-what are you looking at?" She stammered out, her pinks having a light shade of pink as if she was embarrassed. I didn't answer her though as I just smiled at her cuteness. "Lyndsey!" I laughed, shaking my head.

"You look stunning, Valerie," I said with a genuine smile to back it up. She rolled her eyes at me, brushing past me, grabbing her car keys. "Andddd.... I'm ignored." I laughed out.

"Oh shush." She said with a wink, making my heart skip a beat. "Ready?" She asked, waiting for me by the elevator door while waving her keys in the air. I rolled my eyes at her as I threw on my hoodie. "Is that what you're wearing?" I stopped in my tracks to look down at my simple attire.

"What's wrong with leggings with a hoodie?" I questioned; pointing towards myself.

"Well... nothing. I guess sometimes I forget you're actually a regular person behind that model title of yours." She laughed awkwardly, lifting the elevator door when it chimed to our floor. I blinked in confusion now. "Oh, come on. I was only joking around."

"I don't get you, Val." I sighed, following after her. She just gave me a knowing smile.

"You never will.

************

"Are you fucking trying to kill me?!" I yelled, clenching onto my car door for dear life; all she did was laugh at me. She was driving like a psychopath! Darting in and out of Los Angeles traffic like she was driving in that movie the fast and the furious.

"Why are you being such a baby?! I mean for Christ sake woman, you drive cars which horsepower overthrows my cars in a second!" She teased, zipping into a parking part and shutting the engine off. "You act like you've never even been over the speed limit once in your entire life." I glared at her, whipping my seatbelt off me.

"Here's the difference; I can actually drive like a sane respectable person," I said with a smirk, which of course made her glare in return. "You, however, drive like a crazy old woman with a lead foot! Who, by the way, is blind and almost crashes into a group of people crossing the road!"