Into The Night

By DarkPurple22

"Just give me one more chance, take my hand and I'll take you to Wonderland." Honestly, I did not choose to g... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Author's ♪
Fun Fact Time
After Credits Chapter
Quick Question
Author's ♪

Fifty-Three

523 30 13
By DarkPurple22

When the lights went on, it took the whole place only a few minutes for the staff and everyone to catch up. I looked back at our table and saw Niall and Kendall, I felt relief as they weren't caught.

"Tay?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"I gotta go back to our table," I trailed, "But don't worry, I'll take you back to your parents."

"Okay." She agreed and then we started walking to her table with my arm around her waist.

"Rest up," I said.

"What?" She looked at me with those confused eyes whereas I merely smirked.

I shrugged a bit, "Rest up." I repeated. "Because I'll be with you on the dance floor as every good song plays."

Taylor laughed until I finally, we got to their table. She took a seat with her whole family looking at me.

I smiled, "I hope you won't mind if I take her to dance sometime later."

"You and I have a lot of talking to do, young man." His father said and I nodded, still smiling.

"Yes, sir, I'm very looking forward to it." I replied politely. "Ma'am, Sir, Austin. . ." I looked at her first, "Taylor."

And then I walked back to the table.

As I approach my friends, they started applauding and giggling as though I was some sort of hero.

"Here he comes." Niall grinned as I sat down.

"You better, better take care of my bff because damn dude, it's total gang power with you but if you hurt her, it's gang power against you." Kendall warned and took a sip out of her punch.

I raised an eyebrow, "Oh. Okay?"

Jhanelle elbowed Kendall.

"Hey, what was that for?!" Kenny exclaimed.

"Look, you're giving a warning to Harry. I'd think you'd trust him enough from the past months." Jhanelle said and I gave a shy smile as a thanks.

"Yeah, okay, because like, I can't--"

"Anyways," Berlyn piped up. "Harry, any other song you'd like?"

I shrugged, "Erm I don't know. You guys can decide."

"Oh, you wouldn't like what I'll suggest." Marshal said, as far as I know, he's the one in the gang who loved new songs but I decided to give it a shot.

"No, no, I'm listening." I said.

"You know that song by Ed Sheeran?" He asked.

"Wh-Which one, Lego House? Er? Photograph? The one with the long title, er Thinking Out--"

"Thinking Out Loud." He said. "Practically memorised that, I can even play it in the guitar. Plus, Berlyn once had a performance with that song onstage, remember Jhun?" He looked at Berlyn at the last part.

And then Niall whispered that Jhun and Berlyn once performed that song as a duet.

I smiled, "I actually like that song. But I can't make you guys perform--"

Aerielle scoffed, "Oh, don't worry. We just can't let our voices go to waste. One worthwhile thing at a time."

"Alright, thanks."

"Hey, it's mostly for Taylor too so. . ." Kendall said.

"Yeah, I get it." I replied with a smile. Just a few moments later, I whispered something to Marshal and Berlyn, a song after Thinking Out Loud. . . on my signal.

As I've said, I love these guys very much.

After a while, when they felt like singing, I walked across the dance floor again. It was easier the second time around as I am certain that she'd say 'yes.'

Approval was something I haven't considered that her parents would give me. . . but there they, are granting permission. Through the tough things Taylor had told me about them, they seemed fine now.

The song started when we're in the middle of the dance floor. And all the rest, some of the people started dancing as well.

"You're not going to get tired of this, aren't you?" Taylor asked.

I shook my head and chuckled a bit, "In tenth grade, I once danced with every girl," I paused so that it won't be considered as one word. "--friend of mine. Rather tiring but now, I only need one girl to dance with the entire night."

Her lips pulled to a smile as I saw the gleam in her eyes. . . beautifully breathtaking.

"I thought you don't like new songs."

I pursed my lips together, "There are a few exceptions." I said. "Like this one."

We danced quietly for a moment, just letting the music guide our moves.

"You know everyone had been staring at you ever since the first dance." She said after looking around. "You're a good person reader, so are they jealous or are they planning to murder you?"

I looked around first, bachelors and bachelorettes alike had been staring.

"Yep, they're planning to murder me." I joked and she laughed. "But honestly,"

I took a deep breath and scanned my eyes around.

"I reckon," I trailed, "simply jealous because I am the only one dancing with you. And I am one hell of a lucky man."

"Harry." She called and I felt a question coming up. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead." I replied with a smile.

"What made you change your mind? What made you come?" She asked and I looked back on my memory.

I took a deep breath, "I told myself I don't want to make the same mistake as the war veteran did."

Her eyes widened in surprise, "You were listening to that? I thought--"

I chuckled, "I was right there at the shelf."

"How strange that it is actually remarkably similar to us." She muttered and those were my thoughts about the matter.

"I'd think it was an eye-opener." I said, "Honestly, I don't know how things will go after graduation, I don't. But, Taylor, I can't let you go."

"Then don't." She closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

"What happens after?" I asked. After graduation, after all of this, I should go home. . . but what happens then?

"We still have a lot to do before that." Taylor said and forced out a chuckle. "Let's not talk about it for now."

"Fine, what do you want to talk about?" I asked, smiling.

"Fun fact, my one and only ex boyfriend is in the crowd, staring at you." She said and smirked mischievously.

"What?!"

Taylor started laughing, "Just kidding I — I just wanted to see your reaction."

I rolled my eyes, feeling embarrassed as I have acted like an almost-jealous boyfriend.

"Why the hell would you--" I groaned, "Oh God!"

She kept laughing, "You're not my boyfriend."

"I don't want to be." I said, "That's uncertain. Boyfriends sometimes become exes. I want something certain."

"We're both uncertain, you know that." She said and smiled.

"Are they all still looking at us?" I asked but as I looked around, most eyes are still on us. Also, the song is at it's ending instrumental so might as well.

"Yes." She answered. "Why?" Good question since I averted the subject all of a sudden.

I walked forward a bit, still holding her close. My lips slowly brushed against her cheek and then next to her ear. I smirked, "Taylor, do you want to freak them out?"

"Oh God, don't you dare make my birthday the talk of the week." She warned.

"No, you'll love this." I grinned.

"Harry, whatever it is, no."

"You're going to love this. Pretend like you're shocked or you just love what I'm doing." I said, chuckling.

"No."

"Riptide, you're going to back out?" I teased, people started clearing out and still, we're standing right there.

"Yes, because whatever you're going to do, I know that it's enough to get front page after the blackout incident." She said while panicking. She's actually worried and it's actually entertaining.

"Riptide, it's time you and I make a comeback to the leagues."

She sighed and I could tell she's giving in.

"Harry, give it a rest!" Niall yelled and our gang laughed.

I laughed as well but I raised my hand to signalise, one minute. Just one minute before they play the other song.

I grinned, "So pretend you're shocked or just ecstatic with glee."

"What the hell are you going to do?"

"I've done it before with you." I said, "Just not with too many people staring. You ready?"

"Don't overdo it." She whispered.

"I won't. It's not a ring." I whispered, I looked at the stage and the song, It Might Be You started playing. "But whatever I'm going to say, it's true."

In the middle of the dance floor, it was only Taylor and I. . . all eyes on us.

After this. . . everyone will surely murder me.

Time, I've been passing time, watching trains go by. . . all of my life.

I slowly backed away from her, just one step yet I kept our eye contact.

I licked my lips, thinking everyone will surely kill me.

"Taylor Alison Swift," as I started, the volume of the music silences a bit and I think almost everyone is listening. But, everything I say is true. I smiled, "I recall telling you that you're too far from me for us to be together."

My smile grew wider, not because almost the whole crowd was intently listening to my words. . . but because I saw her genuine reactions. It isn't because I told her to pretend, I can see it in her eyes, everything about this is real.

I just mislead her so I can still see the fascination and stunned beauty in her face.

"But I'll be willing to cross that distance."

Slowly, I got down on my knees, around us were collective gasps and jaws dropped yet I focused only on Taylor. I started feeling the aches again, the muscles, bones, because of yesterday's hit but I tried to ignore it because I just want to see Taylor's genuine reaction.

Surprised? Shocked? Stunned? I saw it so easily. She probably doesn't know what to expect.

Something's telling me it might be you.

It's telling me it might be you. . . all of my life.

I took deep breath, as I reached for my pocket. Of course I was prepared just in case we'll make up. I told myself, if this one chance, she'll take me back. . . there is no way I'll let her go. I might be young, I might be a little reckless. . . but I still know how to make the right decisions and I know when to make them.

"Honestly, I didn't plan for this."

None of it was, meeting her, being her friend, falling for her. . . none.

"And everything unplanned seemed like a bad idea but," I licked my lips first as I extended my hand, holding a small box. "I'd rather a wild, uncertain future than any other one without you."

I shrugged a bit with a smile as I saw her smiling at me, her eyes gleaming beautifully. "Something's telling me it might be you. . . all of my life."

And then I got on my legs again before she opened it. "Happy Valentine's Day, love." I smiled again. "It's not a ring, I won't do that yet, don't worry." I whispered but I've told her that earlier so she won't expect.

Her eyes widened, "Wait, something is actually inside it?!" She asked. So she thinks that the kneeling thing was actually to prank her too?!

I bit my lip, trying to hold myself back from smiling too much. I really love this genuine reactions from her. "Yes." I said, laughing a bit.

Taylor suddenly pulled me close and wrapped me in an embrace.

"Tay," I laughed, "You haven't even seen what's inside it."

She pulled away, smiling, "It's from you so it's gotta be great."

I tried to hide my flattered self by saying, "You know, I gotta take you back to your parents. They're sort of freaking out. And I'm kind of feeling my yesterday sickness."

"Yeah, them and everyone else in the room." She whispered charmingly. "Okay, fine since you've been superhuman lately."

"I admire your flattery, come on." I said and we started walking towards her parents who had the most priceless faces but at the same time, I can't laugh.

"I hate you, you're just going to make me explain everything." She muttered under her breath.

I smiled, "Precisely." But I looked at her parents again.

I stood there, slightly nervous.

"Did you just propose to my sister?!" Austin yelled and stood up, yet I remained where I was standing. He wasn't angry yet he sounded awfully panicked.

"Austin, calm down, it wasn't a proposal." Taylor said calmly and got on her seat. I looked at their faces and saw her parents ease up. She looked at me, "Thank you so much, Harry."

"And what do you call that?" He asked, glaring at me.

"Giving a gift with style." I replied with a smile and then I faced Taylor, "I hope you like it."

She has to, it's actually her leaguer icon.

And mine, since I always get silver after her.

I put my hand in my other pocket and took out the piece of paper. I took her hand and put it there. I kissed the back of her hand.

"You look so beautiful, love." I winked and then looked at her family. . . also Austin who is prepared to kill me. "Austin, Mr. and Mrs. Swift, Taylor."

Unlike the first few time that I've walked across the dance floor wherein I'm nervous, this time, I'm practically smirking since everyone are confused about what just happened.

I approached my gang, who also had the same perplexed faces.

"Harry, did you just--"

"Just what?" I asked Kendall and sat on my seat, finally! I felt relief once I took a seat and frankly, I'm still going to need my strength.

"You just--"

"Just what?" I asked again, now it was Aerielle.

"Harry, you just--" Berlyn trailed.

"I just what?"

"You don't let us finish!" Jhanelle almost yelled.

I raised my hand, I think I am more terrified of her than I am with Taylor's parents. "Okay, finish!"

"Did you just propose?!" About two asked at the same time but then Niall's voice at the end says, "Again?!"

So all of them looked at Niall then to me.

I licked my lips, simpering at their reactions. "It wasn't a proposal." I said. "It was a necklace, guys, jeez!"

"Then what the hell was that kneeling stunt for?!" Kendall yelled and I laughed at her.

"Giving a gift, with style." I said with a smile. "Or Styles giving a gift, but you'll get me."

"What was in it anyways?" Niall asked.

"A necklace." I replied.

"Why is it like, planned?" Berlyn asked.

"Not that much, no." I answered. Someone patted on my back and when I turned around, I could almost spit out my drink –if I was drinking. "Mr. Delfin." I forced myself to stand up and shake his hand but I sat back down immediately.

"Good seeing you here, young chap. And all of you," And then he looked at me, "Looks like the two of you finally made up. But you feeling alright?"

I shrugged, "Yes, sir, I'm fine." I said.

"You sure? Don't you want to get checked by a doctor?" He asked and suddenly I'm getting creeped-out by his tone.

"No, sir." I answered with a smile.

"You're certain? A couple of students from our bus had told me about your accident yesterday, also Mr. Troy." I kinda wished he didn't say that out loud.

"Accident?" Niall asked as he was the nearest until I heard most of my gang actually repeated it.

"No, sir, hospitals won't be necessary. After this, I'll surely rest up." I said.

"Okay but I don't want anybody here saying I don't take care of my students. If you feel like it, approach me, okay?"

I nodded. "It's not that bad, sir. Don't worry."

"Okay, you kids have a good night." He said and then walked away.

Whereas I was left to explain something again. I turned around and looked at my friends.

"I can explain." I said.

"Yeah, start now, what accident?!" Niall almost yelled when he's right here beside me.

"I uh, I got hit by uh a car?" I said quietly, waiting for them to burst out in three. . . two. . . one.

"You got hit by a car?!" Kendall yelled at me and for the first time, I heard concern in her voice.

"Minor accident!" I said. "No wound, no stitches."

"You say that like it's something so simple!" Aerielle said. "God, are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I danced, I knelt, I'm okay." I said, slightly frustrated that I have to explain. Then I remember Taylor is actually explaining that I didn't propose to her to her parents so. . . there goes karma.

"So that's why you have those bruises!" Niall exclaimed.

I groaned and face palmed. "Damn you, dude. You're making it harder. How do I put it? I. . . am. . . fine."

"Dude, you gotta at least, get checked." Jhanelle muttered, taking a sip from her punch. "And for the rest of you, God, guys! Remember Sherylle? She literally flew from our Angry Birds stunt and you guys were actually blank and you guys are worried about this freaking legend?!"

"Thank you, J." I said and she just nodded. I tried up think of that story wherein a girl flew over because of their slingshot stunt when they were younger but I am told that the girl is okay.

"So guys, calm down!" She added and drank another sip.

"Okay, so how do you want us to react?" Marshal asked.

"Calmly, please." I said. "I'm okay, I'm fine. I'm alive. Just for the love of God, do not tell Taylor."

Kendall snickered, "Fine, if she doesn't know it yet."

I scoffed, "I can assure you, she doesn't so please Kenny, keep your mouth zipped."

She imitated literal zip-your-mouth way, moving her hand from left to write of her lips imitating the real closing of zippers.

"Thank you." I sighed. "And to you, guys, you can play any song. Any song even the lively ones and I'll give you a run for your money that I can dance every one of them tonight."

"Dude, you're just going to steal the show." Niall said, chuckling.

"I'll dance with Taylor." I said, "You guys in?"

"Ha, you lose you get literally spray painted." Jhanelle said, standing up.

"I win, you guys keep your mouth shuts about that accident and the real proposal." I said.

"Deal." Berlyn said.

And that's what happened for the rest of the night. . . dancing. When they rest, I rest too so I got plenty every other song. I didn't steal the show as I danced with Taylor in every step.

Somehow, I just forgot about the injuries and everything else. Things are just. . . fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 321 76
I'm a girl in a country I've never been before. I'm all alone and my goal is to start a new life with more adventure than my other regular boring day...
12.1K 253 37
> Your average love story. Finn helps Millie out and they become friends. They don't know if they have something more then a relationship of friends...
18.2K 401 42
10 years. 10 years of hating Griffin Taylor. Luckily for me, he lives hundreds of miles away and I very rarely have to handle the knowledge he's in...