The Life Changing Bet

By MsSweet18

• Winner Of FanFictions Awards 2017 • • Highest Rank- #98 in Fan Fiction • A friendly bet to woo a simple mid... More

Character Sketch
1. 'Dreams and Perspectives'
2. 'Bet laid'
3. 'Birthday wishes'
4. 'Taking care'
5. 'Camping Trip'
6. 'Love Blossoms'
Note Regarding Riya's Character
7. 'Music Concert'
8. 'Missing each other'
9. 'Forever Yours'
10. 'Heartbroken'
11. 'True Friends'
12. 'Changes and Leap'
New Characters
Very Imp Note
New Cover
Good News- Will Be Continuing
13. 'Mission getting her back'
New Book- High School Fun With Devakshi
14. 'Is My Past Haunting Me??'
FanFictions Awards Results- Won 3rd Prize
New Cover
FanFiction Awards 2017
Regarding Next Update
New Book- Love Till Eternity
16. 'Stop Pretending!!'
17. 'He Really Loves Me'
New Book- Sweet Revenge
18. 'Rekindling Love'
19. 'Reminiscing Memories'
20. 'The Wedding'
Epilogue
Questions

15. 'He is Back!!

2.1K 219 90
By MsSweet18

Hello my dear readers.....
As promised am back with another update of LCB.....
Thank you so much for cooperating.....
From now onwards, you all will get regular updates....

Two new books will be updated soon....actually my sister needs my time....she always complains ki didi ko mere liye time hi nahiin hai. So this time, as my exams are over, I am making sure that she is my top most priority.

Happy Reading!!

Target- 70 votes

Tanya reached home with Ansh but was still disturbed about Ansh's absence from the school for such a long time, and the whole driver/cap issue was just weird.

"kya maine logon par vishwas karna chhod diya hai? Why have I become so cynical about everything? Will I ever be able to trust people again? Mishti kitni achchi hai...why would she lie to me?? Aakhir Ansh ka kitna dhyan rakhti hai....ho sakta hai jab Ansh ko apney ghar le gayi ho toh kuch aur kaam yaad aa gaya hoga.....No..No I should not doubt her.....sab log ek jaise thode hi hote hain...." Tanya reassured and promised herself that she would become a little more easy going-as long as Ansh was happy and well taken care of-she would ignore some of these incidental happenings in her life.

NEXT DAY:

Mishti asked Tanya, "Tanya...Ansh ka birthday kab hota hai?"

"Oh wo...bas 2 din mein hai...kyon poonch rahi ho?"

"Well, main chahti hoon ki Ansh ka first birthday main apney ghar karoon.....wahan bahut log bhi aayenge....it will be a good opportunity to get to know some people in Mumbai....mere kaafi friends ke bachche bhi hain....Ansh ko aagey jaakar friends bhi toh banaane hain...what do you think?"

"Idea toh achcha hai...par..par.."

"Par kya? Then it is decided.....bas kuch school ke log honge, hamare kuch close friends and Ansh's buddies-to-be"

"Lekin Mishti tum mere liye itna sab kyon kar rahi ho? After all I am just an employee..."

"Tumhare liye nahin kar rahi...Ansh ke liye kar rahi hoon....he is the superstar of our school.....hamare MD Sir bhi bahut marte hain tumhare bete par....kya khaakar paida kiya tha....must have good genes" Mishti just winked and made some phone calls to arrange for the party.

Tanya hesitated at the last comment and got up to leave, but remembered, "toh MD sir bhi aayengey kya? Maine unki itni tareef suni hai...par kabhi mili nahin...."

Mishti's expression changed from a smile to a serious one, "well...Tanya....MD sir badi parties pasand nahin karte...jab se unki wife ki death ki khabar aayi hai....he has become a recluse you see....toh shayad nahin aayenge...."

Tanya was disappointed but left to join her group for the rehearsals.

ANSH's BIRTHDAY PARTY:

Dev had made arrangements to decorate Mishti's house very festively for his son's first birthday. There were balloons and decorations everywhere. There was a clown, a bounce house and lots of party games to keep the kids of various ages entertained.

He had ordered various kinds of foods and a large cake for the birthday boy.

"Dev kitna achcha hota tum bhi party mein reh sakte...." Damini Khanna said sadly

"Aunty...dekhna agley saal mere bina party nahin hogi...aap toh jaanti hain abhi thodi complication hai...." Dev apologized. Damini was aware of what was going on with Dev's life. She had taken the liberty of mentioning this to Ishwari also. Ishwari was, therefore, very excited about the party and dying to meet her grandson. Mishti and Dev had prohibited Ishwari and Damini from revealing the secret out to Tanya.

Raghuwar was traveling and was unaware of what was going on.

Tanya and Rohan arrived promptly at 6 pm. The guests were expected to arrive in another hour or so. Rohan helped Mishti with some of the arrangements and was just happy to spend time with Mishti at some pretext. Mishti did not mind either, as she had started enjoying Rohan's company lately.

Dev settled himself in the guest room at Mishti's house with a closed TV circuit installed, so he could watch the celebrations himself. He was pleased to see both Tanya and Ansh in a cheerful mood. Tanya looked ravishing in her yellow saree and Ansh looked as handsome as his dad in a cute baby-tuxedo! Dev wanted to jump into the TV monitor and go and hug his family.

(Sonakshi's Outfit)

(Ansh's tuxedo)

Tanya was amazed at the level of preparation Mishti and her family had done for her son's party. She was a little uncomfortable with all the glamour and glitter of the party-this was certainly not her idea of celebrating her son's birthday-but she decided to accept things as they came-after all they all loved her son! She was a little nostalgic about how her family used to celebrate her birthdays so simply ".....wo din shayad ab kabhi wapas na aaye.....she remembered her birthday from 2 years ago......her life had never been the same after that day......kaash uss din main uske gaane se impress nahin huyi hoti toh aaj.....toh aaj shayad meri zindagi mein Ansh bhi nahin hota...her inner voice tried to reason with her......."

Damini was a gracious host and made sure Tanya and Ansh were very comfortable. She introduced Tanya to some of the other families and their kids. Ishwari arrived with a huge stuffed bear in her hand. She spotted her grandson in Damini's arms and rushed with her present.

"Arre....kitna pyaara baccha hai....bilkul mere De..v....mera matlab hai mere bete jaisa hi lagta hai..." Ishwari corrected herself from a major slip of the tongue.

Tanya looked at this boisterous lady and was perplexed at how overly affectionate this lady was to Ansh.

Ishwari turned towards Tanya, "beta...main Ishwari Dixit hoon....tumhara beta bahut pyara hai....mujhey bilkul apne bete ki yaad dilata hai....isko kabhi ghar lekar aana...." Tanya was initially startled to hear the last name, but realized that is a common surname......duniya mein aur bhi bahut Dixits hain....

Tanya smiled and nodded her head, "thanks aunty.....aapka beta kahan hai....party mein nahin aaya?"

Mishti intervened, hoping Ishwari would not blurt out Dev's name... "aao Tanya...main tumhey kuch logon se milaati hoon....."

"Ansh ko mere paas hi chhod do.." Ishwari insisted.

The birthday party was a big success with all the visitors, specially the kids. Ansh really enjoyed the attention. By the end of the party, his lips and face were smeared in chocolate, cake and frosting. He was beginning to get a little tired and whiny by now. Tanya excused herself, "main Ansh ko zara change karney le jaathi hoon," Tanya was relieved to get Ansh away from the over stimulating environment and get a breathe of fresh air.

She was directed to the guest room by one of the servants.

The guest room door was closed. Tanya gently knocked the door and entered quietly.
Dev was glued to the TV monitor trying to locate Tanya and Ansh. Suddenly, he heard the door behind him open with the crying sound of a baby. He turned around and to his shock saw Tanya trying to console Ansh by rocking him. Dev ducked below and slid underneath the bed. Tanya held on to Ansh, still rocking and trying to soothe him. Ansh's gaze fell on Dev's face peeking from under the bed. Dev made cute faces at Ansh. Ansh suddenly got distracted by the familiar face and started laughing at Dev's funny facial expressions. Tanya was bewildered at the sudden change in Ansh's temperament. She kissed him and put him down to change his diaper and clothes, "Ansh tum bhi bilkul unpredictable hote jaa rahe ho...bilkul apne papa jaise......"

Tanya's words were like music to Dev's ears......"bilkul apne papa jaise".....he had not heard more pleasant words in his life.....

Tanya picked Ansh up after changing him, kissed him and turned around to leave. Her gaze fell on the TV monitor with the live views of the party. She was really surprised, "yeh ek bacche ki birthday party mein bhi itni security ki kya zaroorat hai? Pataa nahin yeh Mumbai mein bade log kya kya karte hain?" she just shrugged her shoulders and walked out.

She joined Rohan, who had been glued to Mishti all evening, and nudged him to leave, "Rohan Ansh thak gaya hai....ab chalein?"

Rohan gave Mishti a loving look, "OK Mishti...phir kal lunch par miltey hain.....chalo Tanya lets go! Lao main Ansh ko pakad leta hoon...."

Tanya thanked Mishti and Damini for their graciousness; Ishwari gave a hug to Tanya, "beta ghar zaroor aana....apna hi ghar samajhna.....jab mann ho aa jaana.....mere bete se bhi mil lena tab....wo Ansh ko dekh kar bahut khush hoga..."

"Jee aunty...." Tanya said courteously, but was still surprised at Ishwari's over-friendliness. "Pataa nahin yahan ke log itni jaldi friendly kaise ho jaate hain?...Meethi meethi baaton mein mujhey nahin aana chahiye.....ek baar aa gayi thi.....abhi tak uski sazaa bhugat rahi hoon...." Tanya thought as they left the house.

On the way back home, Tanya teased Rohan, "ehem...ehem...toh Rohan aap kis ke khayaalon mein khoye huye hain?"

Rohan startled, "Oh main? Kuch nahin....bas party ke baare mein soch raha tha.....kitna lucky hai Ansh....Mumbai aate hi superstar ban gaya hai....kya magnetic personality paayi hai is chotu ney...."

"Unfortunately, he gets that from his father....." Tanya muttered softly

"OH...sorry....mujhey aisa nahin kehna chahiye tha...maine kabhi tumsey Ansh ke father ke baare mein pooncha nahin hai...par tumhari baaton se lagta hai ki he was quite a charmer just like Ansh...." Rohan smiled at Tanya.

Tanya just looked out the window, "Haan Rohan...tabhi toh meri aankhon mein itni aasani se dhool jhonkh paaya....."

"Tanya....kabhi apne past ke baare mein tumney mujhey zyada bataaya nahin....aaj kaise?"

"Rohan....pataa nahin jab se Mumbai aaye hoon.....kuch ajeeb se coincidences ho rahe hain mere saath....pata nahin kyon, par yahan aakar mujhey apna past baar baar yaad aa raha hai.... jaise koi mujhey bula raha ho.....mujhey wapas apne past mein jaane ko force  kar raha ho..."

"Ho sakta hai, tumhare past ka Mumbai se koi relation ho?...aur tumhey iss liye aisa lag raha ho..."

"Haan...wo Mumbai ka hi rehney waala tha....par itney bade city mein kitney log rehtey hain.....phir mujhey uska ehsaas kyon ho raha hai aaj kal?"

"Tanya....I think you still love him...don't you...bhula nahin paaye ho usey?"

Tanya had tears in her eyes by now, "Rohan....kuch aise rishte hote hain, jo chah kar bhi bhula nahin paate....jaise jaise Ansh bada ho raha hai.....mujhey wo relationship aur bhi yaad aata hai..."

Rohan squeezed her hand, "Tanya.....don't worry.....thode din mein sab theek ho jaayega......kabhi kabhi past ko chhod kar aage hi dekhna padta hai...ab mujhey hi dekho.....main sochta tha ki main phir kabhi kisi ladki ko pyaar nahin kar sakoonga par Mishti ko milney ke baad aisa lagta hai ki mujhey aage badhna chahiye....tumhari zindagi mein bhi koyi aayega jo tumhey aage le jaayega...don't worry..."

Tanya wiped her tears and smiled, "toh aapne apne dil ki baat bol hi di....Mishti is a nice girl...I am so happy for you..."

Rohan blushed, as he had unknowingly spilled out the beans about his crush on Mishti.
Tanya knew Rohan had a painful past too, but she had never probed into it. Just like her, he had never mentioned anything about his past love, but somehow Mumbai was forcing them to come out of their shells and confide into each other finally.

NEXT FEW DAYS:

The next few days went by quickly. Tanya was busy with the final recordings of her album. Mishti and Rohan had officially started "dating." Mishti had not mentioned anything about Dev to Rohan yet. She knew Rohan was Tanya's well wisher, and would definitely reveal the secret to Tanya.

Mishti and Dev decided to have big party to celebrate the music launch of the new album. They had invited a lot of big-wigs and "who's who" from the music industry.

Tanya was nervous about facing so many celebrities and being in the limelight. Rohan decided to stay back with Ansh, as Tanya would get distracted with Ansh's presence at the party.

Tanya was dressed in a beautiful sky blue saree with simple jewelry and accessories. She looked elegant and ravishing at the same time. Mishti greeted her at the entrance and introduced her to some music producers and distinguished singers. Tanya was in awe, as she had heard these people before, but had never imagined she would be face to face with so many of her idols. The other singers from the "Tarana school" were also there. This album was a collection of songs by new singers, but Tanya was the lead singer in most of the songs.

(Sonakshi's outfit)

After brief introductions, some of the pieces from the album were played on the stage. Tanya also had an opportunity to sing with her group. Unlike her usual sad numbers, most of the songs were peppy and full of energy.

Tanya was finally asked to sing a solo. She sang Soch na sake from Air Lift

Tenu itna main pyaar karaan
Ek pal vich sau baar karaan
Tu jaave je mainu chhad ke
Maut da intezaar karaan

Ke tere liye duniya chhod di hai
Tujhpe hi saans aake ruke
Main tujhko kitna chahta hoon
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake (x2)

Kuch bhi nahi hai ye jahaan
Tu hai toh hai isme zindagi

Kuch bhi nahi hai ye jahaan
Tu hai toh hai isme zindagi
Ab mujhko jaana hai kahaan
Ke tu hi safar hai aakhiri

Ke tere bina jeena mumkin nahin
Na dena kabhi mujhko tu faasley
Main tujhko kitna chahti hoon
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake

Tere liye duniya chhod di hai
Tujhpe hi saans aake ruke
Main tujhko kitna chahta hoon
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake

Aankhon ki hai yeh khwahishein
Ki chehre se teri na hatein
Neendon mein meri bas tere
Khwabon ne li hai karwatein

Ki teri ore mujhko leke chalein
Ye duniya bhar ke sab raaste
Main tujhko kitna chahta hoon
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake

Tere liye duniya chhod di hai
Tujhpe hi saans aake ruke
Main tujhko kitna chahta hoon
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake

Tanya got a lot of laurels for her beautiful and melodious voice. Some of the producers were ready to sign a contract with her at that very moment. Tanya accepted the congratulations and had tears in her eyes, "kaash aaj mere saath mamma-papa hote toh kitna khush hote.....unke bina meri yeh success incomplete lagti hai...."

As Tanya was mingling with the guests, she felt a hand on her bare shoulder. She froze, as she heard a very familiar voice behind her,

"lagta hai mera chaand aakhir baadalon ke peeche se bahar nikal hi aaya hai....."

Tanya turned around and was shocked to see the face she would have given up everything for, a year and half ago..........

Dev and Tanya were frozen in an eye-lock for a few moments.

Dev finally took Tanya's hand and bent to kiss it, "congratulations Sonakshi!"

Tanya withdrew her hand, as the familiar lips on brushed her skin, and made her uneasy.

Tanya averted her gaze from Dev, "aap ko koyi misunderstanding huyi hai....mera naam Tanya hai...Sonakshi nahin...."

"Tanya?" Dev laughed, "toh tumney bhi jhooth bolna shuroo kar diya hai?"

Tanya turned around, "main aapko nahin jaanti...aap kaun hai?...aur mujhsey aisi baatein kyon kar rahey hain?"

Dev caught her shoulders gently and turned her around, "Sonakshi.....ab yeh game chhodo....mujhey nahin jaanti? Toh mere choothe hi tumhare face ka colour red kaise ho gaya?"

Tanya still had her eyes lowered, "aap ne mujhey surprise kar diya tha....darr se bhi colour red ho jaata hai..."

"Wrong my love! Darr se colour feeka ho jaata hai....you turn pale when you are scared.....Red toh shyness se ya phir gusse mein hota hai...agar tum mujhey jaanti hi nahin...toh mujhsey sharam ya mujh par gussa kyon ho?"

"Excuse me Mr...D..." Tanya bit her lip, as she pretended not to know the stranger's name.

"Dev! Dev Dixit!" Dev completed her sentence.

Tanya walked away as fast as she could, in search of the nearest rest room.
*************************************************************************
That was the end of the chapter. Please comment and do vote.

P.S- I had requested my readers to please vote and give this book atleast 900 votes....but am really glad that my book has reached over 1K votes.....thank you so much guys....once again...
Especially, SameenaHusain, prerna_2901_, Sagaa194, Aishu13, rosha1105
GeetaDyumani, abhishekagarwal403, ria243,
RaaziaMaleic, The_Wordsmith_, dolly261881
Toobashahzad, PriyanshuDwivedi8, TamoghnaDutta, Nehapurba for voting on every chapter..... I am really sorry if I have missed out any name...plus my regular readers too who voted on each chapter from the very beginning....each one of you has contributed and made this book a success....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

P.P.S- I really want to compensate for the time period in which there were no updates.....Isilye jaldi jaldi target complete karo aur updates lo

I have started uploading spoilers of this FF on my instagram page. Pls follow if you don't want to miss out anything. Overview of my next stories are also posted. My insta id is mssweet18

Target- 70 votes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897K 88.8K 195
In my story Naina does fall in love with Sameer in school but not him. Naina and Sameer are both from Ahmedabad from the same school but Sameer neve...
247K 19.7K 96
Is it always so perfect as it seems? Are predictions always true? Does True love actually exists? . . Is the love of your life really your life? Befo...
23.3K 3.6K 39
Sidharth shukla Shehnaaz gill Sidnaaz Love ❤story's sort
288K 21.7K 100
Despite being completely different from each other, the love they hide has no bounds which makes them go any limits for each other. Story of two b...