20. 'The Wedding'

Hello Everyone!!

I know am terribly late in updating the chapter but actually am not keeping well these days.....in fact I got discharged from hospital yesterday morning....and doctor has advised me to be in complete bed rest for 15 days.....

Tysm for voting and commenting!!

Happy Reading!!

Target- 100 votes
********************

The wedding day was set for four days later.

Dev was of course disappointed about waiting that long, but had no choice. Bijoy and Asha wanted to have the wedding at their house and invite all their friends and family from Nainital. They wanted to celebrate the return of their daughter at the same time as the wedding.

Ishwari decided to host a big reception on their return to Mumbai.

Raghuwar, Ishwari, Mishti, Damini and Rohan all arrived the next day. Bijoy, Asha and Ritwik were the perfect hosts to their guests. The Bose household was busy with the hustle and bustle of the wedding preparations. The guests from Mumbai stayed at the newly constructed tourist hotel by the Dixits. Dev insisted on staying with Ritwik though, "wo Ansh yahan hai na...iss liye...," is the reason he gave to his parents.

Over the next three days, Dev kept on looking for an opportunity to be alone with Sonakshi, but she had no time. There was a constant chain of visitors at their home. Sonakshi had lived all her life in Nainital, and had a lot of childhood friends and wellwishers, who came to see her. They were all happy to see her again, especially after her alleged death in the train accident.

Dev tried to stay close to Sonakshi on the pretext of hanging out with Ansh. Ansh, of course adored his dad's company and preferred to be changed, bathed and fed by Dev.

One afternoon, after the haldi ceremony, a desperate Dev hid inside Sonakshi's bathroom and waited for her to come in. Sonakshi took leave of her guests and went to her room to put Ansh down for a nap. After Ansh was asleep, she quietly got up and took out a change of clothes to have a shower. She was covered with the yellow haldi on her body and was eager to wash it off.

She was humming a song and went inside her bathroom. Dev hid behind the door and grabbed Sonakshi as soon as she walked in. He covered her mouth, so she would not scream. Sonakshi tried to free herself from the intruder, but when she turned around she saw Dev giving her a devilish smile.

He removed his hand from her mouth, "sshh....zyaada shor mat karo...Ansh jag jaayega....."

Sonakshi shook her head, "yahan kab se baithe ho?"

"lunch time se.." Dev said sheepishly

"Yahan kya kar rahe ho, kya main jaan sakti hoon?"

"Jo tum karne aayi ho..."

"main toh apni haldi dho ney aayi hoon..."

"main bhi...dekho kitni haldi lagi hai....chalosaath saath naha lete hain...sab rang nikal jaayega...."

Sonakshi looked at him and rolled her tongue in her mouth, " Mr. Majnu .....yeh sab Nainital mein nahin chalta....aap please bahar jaaiye..."

Dev pretended to be annoyed, "theek hai...main jaa raha hoon...kisi aur ladki ko dhoondta hoon..."

"kis ladki ke paas jaaogey?" Sonakshi teased him as she pushed him out.

"TANYA ke paas"

"Mil jaaye toh keh dena uska kuch samaan mere paas pada hai....bhijwaa doongi!" Sonakshi laughed and shut the bathroom door behind him.