19. 'Reminiscing Memories'

Hello everyone!!💜

Thank you so much for voting and commenting!!

Please complete the previous target too...😯

Happy Reading!!

Target- 100 votes
*******************
Dev was discharged from the hospital in a few days. Mishti had called Ritwik in Nainital and updated him about everything. Ritwik was elated to know that Sonakshi was alive and would be visiting them soon. She had asked Ritwik to keep this a secret from Sonakshi's parents as Sonakshi wanted to surprise them.

Ritwik met Dev, Sonakshi and Ansh at the train station.

Ritwik hugged Sonakshi and could not stop his tears from flowing, "Sonakshi...tum jaanti nahin ho tumharey bina maasi aur mausaji jaise 10 saal bade ho gaye hain.....wo aaj itney khush honge ki main bataa nahin sakta...":

"Ritwik...tumney mamma-papa ki bahut help ki hai.... I will always remain grateful to you...." Sonakshi had tears in her eyes. She was happy to see her childhood friend. Somehow, the bitterness that she had harboured against him, was all gone....he was the same Ritwik she knew she could trust and rely upon.

"Grateful kyon? Afterall jaate jaate bhai keh kar gayi thi...wohi farz nibhaa raha hoon....ab wo bhi toh mere parents huye na?" Ritwik took Ansh in his arms, "apne mama se nahin milogey? Bahut pyaara hai....achcha hai apni maa jaisa nahin hai.." Ritwik ducked as Sonakshi hit Ritwik playfully after the last comment.

"Waise Ritwik.....tum mama ka role achchi tarah nibhaaogey...."

They reached the Bose residence, "tum log yahin ruko...main abhi aata hoon...." Ritwik went inside.

"Namaste maasi...mausaji...aap logon ko ek bahut bada surprise dena hai...."

"kya tuney shaadi kar li hai?" Asha asked hopefully. Their lives had become so mundane and depressing since Sonakshi's accident that their only hope was Ritwik's marriage.

"Nahin Maasi! Aap ko vishwaas nahin hoga.....aayie...aap dono mere saath aayie..."

Bijoy put on his glasses and picked up his cane and walked out holding on to Asha. Asha had a plate with some daal she was sieving in her hands.

They saw a couple standing with a little baby in their arms. Asha's plate fell from her hands; she was enraptured by what she saw, "kya main sapna dekh rahi hoon?"

Sonakshi could not control herself any more and rushed to hug her mother. Asha and Sonakshi sobbed in each other's embrace for a long time. Bijoy had tears in his eyes, but his pride held him from hugging his daughter. He still felt guilty and responsible for Sonakshi's disappearance and her misery. Sonakshi turned to her father and hugged his chest, 'papa.....mujhey maaf kar deejiye...maine aapka dil bahut dukhaya hai...."

Bijoy smiled through his tears, "nahin Sona.....dukh toh maine tujhey bahut diya...tere pyaar ko samajh nahin paaya aur tujhey ghar se door hone par majboor kar diya.....tu zinda hai...yahi hamare liye bahut hai.....Dev beta idhar aao..."

Dev bent down to touch Bijoy's feet, but Bijoy held him by his shoulders and hugged him, "yeh kya kar rahey ho beta? Tum hamari sabse keemti cheez wapas le aaye.....aur yeh kaun hai?" Bijoy looked at Ansh.

Asha and Bijoy were in seventh heaven, not only had their daughter come back, but they were proud "nana-nani" to a cute little boy.

The whole family spent the day together, happy to be reunited. Riya and Rahul also joined them along with their 1 year old daughter. Asha cooked Dev and Sonakshi's favorite dishes for dinner.