Stay : A story of finding lov...

By NouKami

Hi! My name is Mikaela Quibuyen. I'm 16 years old, on my last year in High School, and I'm Blind. But who wou... More

Stay : A story of finding love without seeing them (intro)
Stay : Chapter 1 (Rain)
Stay : Chapter 2 (Rain STORM?)
Stay : Chapter 3 (Eye of the Storm)
Stay : Chapter 4 (Hurricane and a Hiro)
Stay : Chapter 6 (Home)
Stay : Chapter 7 (A Good Day)
Stay : Chapter 8 (Clash,Confusions and Questions)
Stay : Chapter 9 (Foundation Day)
Stay : Chapter 10 ('Be Happy')
Stay : Chapter 11 (Truths and Lies)
Stay : Chapter 12 (Dinner with doubts)
Stay : Chapter 13 (Exception)
Stay : Chapter 14 (Confession and...answer?)
Stay : Chapter 15 (Consequence)
Stay : Chapter 16 ('I'll protect her')
Stay : Chapter 17 (Deadly)
Stay : Chapter 18 (Push)
Stay : Chapter 19 (First date with a topic)
Stay : Chapter 20 (Love is...)
Stay : Chapter 21 (Revenge...?!?)
Stay : Chapter 22 (Moron)
Stay : Chapter 23 (Moron number 2)
Stay : Chapter 24 (Awkward)
Stay : Chapter 25 (A Painful Confession)
Stay : Chapter 26 (Push part 2)
Stay : Chapter 27 ('Let's Try')
Stay : Chapter 28 (Way back to Happiness)
Stay : Chapter 29 (When two different worlds meet)
Stay : Chapter 31 (Punishment and a fading smile)
Stay : Chapter 32 (Variations)
Stay : Chapter 33 (Gain and Loss...then Loss?)
Stay : Chapter 34 (Candor and Pledge)
Stay : Chapter 35 (Michael)
Stay : Chapter 37 (The only thing in my mind)
Stay : Chapter 38 (Goodbyes)
Stay : Chapter 39 (Sun)
Stay : Chapter 40 (First Love's do or die)
Stay : Chapter 41 (Test of Luck)
Stay : Chapter 42 (Deluge)
Stay : Chapter 43 (Virginity)
Stay : Chapter 44 (The most elegant asian doll)
Stay : Chapter 45 (Out of place)
Stay : Chapter 46 (Hiro's first love)
Stay : Chapter 47 (My Stand)
Stay : Chapter 48 (Summer)
Stay : Chapter 49 (She's lying...right?)
Stay : Chapter 50 (A Stranger)
Stay : Chapter 51 (He's Mine)
Stay : Chapter 52 (Salvation)
Stay : Chapter 53 (Rain's Story)
Stay : Chapter 54 (Time)
Stay : Chapter 55 (A Broken Promise)
Stay : Chapter 56 (Her Pain)
Stay : Chapter 57 ('I don't want to let her go')
Stay : Chapter 58 (Friends?)
Stay : Chapter 59 (Barbecue)
Stay : Chapter 60 (Part 1 : Falling Apart)
Stay : Chapter 60 (Part 2 : Fall into place)
Stay : Chapter 61 (Peeking Sun)
Stay : Chapter 62 (ReturnS)
Stay : Chapter 63 (A Ray of Hope)
Stay : Chapter 64 (Reminiscing the pain)
Stay : Chapter 65 (Pending Chance)
Stay : Chapter 66 (The truth is...)
Stay : Chapter 67 (Forgo)
Stay : Chapter 68 ('Is it really over?')
Stay : Chapter 69 (Last Chance)
Stay : Chapter 70 (Mind Game)
Stay : Chapter 71 (Kira)
Stay : Chapter 72 (It's always been her)
Stay : Chapter 73 (My Sunshine)
Stay : Chapter 74 (I'll wait for you)
Stay : Chapter 75 (Runaways)
Stay : Chapter 76 (Forgiveness? You won't get it)
Stay : Chapter 77 (Lifeline)
Stay : Chapter 20.5 (A Drunken Night)

Stay : Chapter 5 (The Jerk, The Friend, The Jerk, and The Fans)

11.1K 82 14
By NouKami

Chapter 5 : The Jerk, The Friend, The Jerk and The Fans

I stretched but the bed under me is too hard.

I touched my face, trying to recall what happened. The left side of my face is swollen. I tried to get up but immediately gave up because my head just kept spinning. Since I'm not sure where I am I figured out that a whistle will be better than to shout.

I whistled to call Angel. I waited for a minute. I whistled again. Still Angel didn't come. Another whistle, thid time it's not mine. His scent wrapped the whole room, if this is a room.

"Sonza," I called him in last name since we're not close. "Where am I?"

"How did you know it was me?" he asked, obviously surprised. "And I prefer Hiro."

"I told you, you smell like a dog," which was a lie. He always smelled like rain. "And I also prefer Sonza, thank you." I'll get in more trouble if I act like I'm close to him. "Where's Angel?"

"Angel who? You're the only one at the car when I got there. Don't tell me one of the Harrison kids name is Angel?"

"No! She's a dog, my guide dog. Remember? The dog you wanted to kick out at last period?"

"You mean the golden retriever with a yellow scarf?"

"I think so, do you think I'll know what color of scarf she wear? Where is she?"

"I didn't know it was yours so I gave it to my friends, maybe they're cooking it now."

"WHAT?!?!" I stood up too quickly, so my knees buckled and I end up sitting on the floor.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!? SHE'S ALL I GOT!!!" I shouted while I'm crying.

Hiro tried to calm me down but I just shoved his hand away.

"GET AWAY YOU... YOU..." I don't know what to label him; it's got to be horrible. "CANNIBAL!" I blurted out. That's all I got.

But instead to get hurt or be pissed, like how I want him to be, he just laughed really hard, like he just heard the funniest thing ever. How could he?!?

I screamed out of anger and frustration. I bowed my head down to my knees and cry. Hiro just kept laughing.

It went on for I don't know how long. How can he laugh in front of a girl who's the owner of the dog he just killed? Jerk!

"I'm just joking ok? Calm down" he said, still laughing. "That cannibal thing was good."

Still crying I raised my head a little. "Joking in what part?"

"About the dog"

"Then where is she?"

"At my friend's house, I was planning to ditch it; it was lying beside the road. I didn't know it was yours, but good for you one of my friend's dads is a vet and that friend is an animal lover, so he took your dog. Maybe they're treating it now."

"It's SHE not IT, and where am I?" I somehow felt relieved knowing Angel was ok.

"My house obviously, here" he hand me a bottle. "Drink."

I smelled it. "What's this?"

"You can smell me from afar yet you don't know the smell of water?"

I just drink it; I just sat at the floor until I was sure my knees won't buckle the next time I stand. Hiro was doing something, somewhere at the corner of the room. I can't believe this is his house. The floor is too cold. Actually the whole room is cold. The room smells like an abandon warehouse.

"Is it okay for your mom that I'm here at your room?" I asked breaking the silence.

He stopped doing whatever he was doing, "I'm living alone, and this room is the rest of the house." Then he continued what he was doing. "So who hit you and why are you with the Harrison kids?"

"They hit me because of you and I was there because they're trying to teach you a lesson." I said coldly. That's right, it's his entire fault.

"How the hell am I going to be taught a lesson with you at the car with a bloody face?"

"They taught I'm your girlfriend so they tried to take me away and rape me somewhere." The memory made me shiver.

"Well you can tell them next time that Hiro Sonza doesn't do girlfriends."

I can't believe this. He won't even apologize. I checked my clock. 5:30 Am. I can't miss another school day. I stood up.

"Can you take me to the nearest bus station going downtown?" I asked as politely as I can.

"This is downtown"

"Really? Then can you take me to the coffee shop near the public library?"

"You live near there?"

"Quite near I guess, that's the only route I know to get home".

"But you do know your address right?"

"Yeah, but -"

Before I finish what I was saying, he already grabbed my arm and dragged me. I can feel the cold breeze of the morning, and smelled the smoke from the cars in the road. A car stopped in front of me then Hiro pushed me inside. He sat beside me.

"Where we at?" the cab driver asked.

"What's your address?" Hiro asked.

I told the cab driver my address then after a few minutes the cab stopped.

"Wait here" I thought he was talking to me so I just sat there when he got out. "What are you doing?"

"You said to wait here" I said.

Hiro sighed then grabbed me again. After I got out of the cab I can feel the warmth of the sun in my skin. I checked my watch.

6:15. Mom will get out in 15 minutes. Hiro have to go or I'll be in trouble. I turned to Hiro to thank him but he's already grabbing me in my arm.

"What's the color of your house?" he asked.

"Like I would know. I'm blind." I heard him scratched his head.

"You don't look like one when you don't have your sun glass. I expect you are cross-eyed, but you look perfectly normal except you won't look at me straight in the eyes when talking to me."

"I can manage from here, thank you for bringing me home." Hiro was about to speak but a door opened. I silently prayed that it's not our door, but it is.

"Looks like you fished a man." Mom said.

"Mom, it's not what it looks like he was just -"

"I don't really care. You can live with him if you like. I can't wait to get you out of my life." Then she walked pass me, towards the cab.

"Ma'am, that's my cab." Hiro said.

"A little advice Mikaela, get a richer one, IF you can" mom said then laughed while walking away.

I'm close to crying now. "Well, that's my mom. Thanks again." Then I found my way to our door then got in and shot the door.

I took a shower and cried there. I just got out of the bathroom when I heard Aunt Lin calling from the front door. I tightened the towel under my arms, wore my extra sun glasses then I headed for the front door.

"My good lord! Mika! What happened to you?!?" Aunt Lin came in then hugged me. I want to cry again, but I know that Aunt Lin will be more worried if I cry.

"Why? What do I look like?" I asked pretending like I don't know what happened to my face.

"Your cheek is swollen! What happened?"

"I..." I rummage my small brain for a story "A book fell from one of the shelves and it hit my face. Sorry." I can't let Aunt Lin know about what happened last night or for sure she will call the police.

And that will be bad for her... and me. Maybe David's dad is a gang lord or something. They'll hunt us both down.

"Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault. Can you come to school at this condition?"

"Of course I can, it's just my face. I don't look that bad right?"

After a few minutes of convincing Aunt Lin finally let me go to school. She dropped me at the front gate then she drove off.

"Mika!" I heard Andrew called.

"Good morning Andrew" I said. I tried to smile buy my left cheek hurts.

"What happened to you?"

"I just had a little accident at the library."

"Where's Angel?"

Right, how come Aunt Lin didn't ask about Angel? "I left her at a friend in the Library. My face really hurt that time."

"Can you find your way to your class if you don't have Angel with you?"

"I think so, I still have my stick -" I stopped dead. I dropped my stick when David carried me. "I think I lost it."

"Here give me your bag. I'll escort you to your room." He said while taking my bag but I grab a hold at it.

"No! I'm good. Besides you still have to guard the gate. You'll get in trouble." I said pulling my bag from him but he won't even budge.

"They won't scold me because I'm helping a student from this school and that's what guards do, and that's with a smile." And he ended it with a laugh and a good pull so I just let the bag go. "Let's go." He put my arms around him then he led the way.

"You're a gentleman, unlike other guys I know" I said thinking about the guy who just grab and drag me around.

"Maybe it's a security guard thing," he said laughing.

"Maybe, or maybe you're really just a gentleman." I said. I tried to smile but end up stretching my right cheek.

Andrew coughed "So what room is your first period?"

I told him my room but Mrs. Pengil was already there so he just led me to my next class. He guided me to my sit since the room was still empty. I reached for his head.

"Good job Angel, Good job" I said while patting his head, smiling with my right cheek.

He took my hand with his' "Angel?" he said amused.

I faked a cough then took my hand away.

"Why don't you give me your sched. so I'll walk you in your classes since I'm Angel's substitute for today?"

I don't like the idea, but I could really use a hand right now. I gave him my schedule but he laughed when I gave it to him.

"Why?" I asked amused.

"Well I can't understand it" he let out another laugh. I realized that I wrote in Braille. I laughed too. It's been long time since I laughed so hard like this. It's good to have a friend to talk to.

I translated it to him then he wrote it in his own pad. He promised to be outside the class when a period ends, then he left.

And he did. We talked and laughed between the classes.

"So where are you going after class?" Andrew asked.

"I'll go to work. You?"

"Same, I guess. Want me to drop you at the library?"

"You have a car?!?" I said without bothering to hide my shock.

"Uhmm... no, a bicycle actually" his voice lowered, maybe of embarrassment.

"Oh! Sorry." I said, also embarrassed.

"So? What do you think?"

"Uhmm... No, actually I'm fine. Don't worry" I smiled.

"Oh... okay, I'll just escort you to the gates after your class. Bye" his voice sounds upset so I tried to grab his arm but end up grabbing his hand, but I hold on to it anyway.

"Hey, it's not about the bicycle. It's far from here and you already done so much for me today. I'm sorry if I offended you"

"Oh. It's actually fine with me, really. I'll see you later, Bye." He said brightly then he was gone. He's really a nice guy.

There are already students talking about stuff when I got in. I just sat on my chair when I smelled Hiro, but his scent is mixed with something else, or someone else. Hiro sat next to me. I was about to ask him about how to get to his friend's place where Angel was when I heard Shiela talking.

"Where did you go last night? You just left me at the hotel after we... you know" she whispered the 'you know' part. "Who called you last night that made you just leave me there with some cash? I felt like I was a prostitute!" Shiela wailed.

"But you are a prostitute." Hiro said under his breath. But I guess Shiela didn't catch that one.

"What?" Shiela asked.

"I said why are you acting like that? It's not like you're my girlfriend." Hiro said coldly. That gotta hurt.

"But we..." Shiela said hurt but Hiro cut her off.

"We JUST, that's it. I told you. I don't do girlfriends." Hiro said continuing with the cold voice.

"You don't do girlfriends BEFORE you met me. Trust me Hiro, I'll be your girlfriend sooner or later." Shiela said with a very seductive tone. You've got to give Shiela the word 'determination'. "And I saw your bike at the parking lot," she continued with the seductive tone, she's not our queen B. For nothing. "I find it handsome like you, give me a ride later." It's not a question or request. What a confident girl. Can't blame her, rumors said that she's never been rejected, except earlier. That's one.

"Can't, wife will get upset." Hiro said.

'Well that's a major two' I thought.

"You have a WIFE?" Shiela said really surprised with a pissed tone.

"Yep, my Bike. She's my only love. If I let you, or any girls ride her, she might send both of us flying. We can't afford a scratch in our queen's face can't we?" Hiro's now amused.

Mr. Rufus arrived so everyone went to their sits.

"Trust me; I'll be your FIRST girlfriend and I'll ride your wife." Shiela said in a low tone before she went to her sit.

The class start like that. When the bell rang everyone is already on their feet ignoring Mr. Rufus' announcement about our upcoming school event.

Now is my chance to ask Hiro about his friend's house, but when I turn to ask him, his scent was already gone. I can't stand another day without Angel. I tried to compose myself because Andrew will be outside. I put my things at my backpack then head for the door.

When I opened the door Andrew was already there and he helped me with my bag. We were talking and laughing while walking.

While we're waiting for a cab, I smelled Hiro. I don't know where he is but his voice made me found him.

"You ready?" Hiro said. I waited for the person who he's talking with to speak so I'll approach Hiro when they're done. I have to be with Angel badly. But no one answered.

"I'm talking to you blind girl!" this time he spoke louder.

BLIND GIRL? AGAIN?!? I calmed myself down. I've got to be nice to him. He has Angel and he somehow saved me.

"She has a name." Andrew said. He sounded pissed so I hold unto his arm.

"It's ok," I said to Andrew. Then I faced Hiro "What do you mean ready?"

"To see your dog." Hiro said. Before I can correct him he already spoke " I mean to get your dog, Unless you want to give it to my friend. He'll like it. He's kinda in love with your dog now, you know."

I just ignored his dry humor and spoke "I want her back. Where's the address?"

"Miks, cab's already here." Andrew said to me.

"Perfect let's go." Hiro said.

"Go where?" I asked, confused but he already opened the cab's door.

"To where your dog is, obviously, not unless you want to have a date with me?" Hiro said, amused.

"N-now?" why did I stutter?

"I'm not free tomorrow."

"How about you just give me the address and I'll find it myself?"

"You won't find it."

"I'll help her." Andrew said.

"Won't the gates miss you?" Hiro asked teasingly.

"You -" Andrew started to move towards Hiro but I hold onto his arm harder.

"Please don't talk to my friend like that, he's older than you, you know." Hiro didn't answer so I just continued. "I still have to work after school. Can't we just go after I got off?" I asked politely.

"What time?" Hiro said, he's getting impatient.

"Seven."

"SEVEN?!? No, let's go now. I have a date at seven!"

"Why do you need to shout?" Andrew said matching Hiro's loud voice.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Hiro asked.

"No," Andrew answered with a small voice.

"Then stay out of this!" He shouted.

Andrew started to go towards Hiro again, this time it takes two hands to strain him.

"I really can't, I can't afford to -" before I even finished what I'm saying Hiro got into the car and shuts the door. I heard the cab's glass rolling down.

"Fine, meet me on Thursday, that's the only day I'm free." Hiro said.

Thursday? NEXT WEEK?!?! I can't manage without Angel that long.

"WAIT WAIT! I'll come with you!" I cried.

Andrew helped me get into the cab then shuts the door for me. Hiro rolled the glass down beside me then called Andrew.

"Hey guard boy! Guard my bike well ok? See yah" then he rolled the glass up.

I felt Hiro's weight shift near the driver's chair. He whispered the address to him then the cab started to move.

"You know Sonza, it's no use whispering, I can hear you" I said.

"Are you a bat?" Hiro asked annoyed.

"Almost, I'm blind and I can hear pretty well."

"And call me Hiro!" He shouted.

"I want Sonza!" I matched his loud voice.

"Stop the cab!" Hiro said. Then the cab really stopped.

"Call me by my first name, or I'll get out." He said with a really scary voice. I kept my silent. I have to be polite to him, but I can't call him Hiro because Harrison kids or worse Sheila will misunderstand me that I'm close to him then I'm doomed.

When I didn't answer Hiro opened the door, preparing to leave. For Angel I'll do this, even if it means I'll be hunted forever.

"Hiro! Wait!" I shouted. The door shut and the rain scent is still there.

"That's more likely" Hiro said. "Let's go!" then the cab moved again.

"Is it really hard to say my name? It's not like it's a curse right?" Hiro asked after just a few seconds of silence, god his talkative.

"Yes it's a curse." I said bitterly.

"How will my name curse you?"

"Harrison kids will hunt me again, or worse, Sheila will."

"Well you should be more afraid with Sheila." He said amused. The cab stopped, maybe we're already here. I fished for my wallet about to pay but Hiro beat me to that.

When the cab drove away, I waited for Hiro's voice to follow but he didn't speak.

"What are you doing? Let's go!" He shouted from a distance. Jerk.

I followed where the voice was but the road was full of rocks, until my body can't take it I fell, butt first, on the ground. I heard and smelled Hiro coming.

"You're really clumsy aren't you?" he said while helping me stand on my fit again.

"I'm sorry; I just got used to be guided by Angel or by my walking stick." I said a little embarrassed.

"Then don't you think it's time to release the magic extendable stick" he's really getting annoyed.

 "I dropped it when the Harrison kids carried me to their car." I easily feel down when people say or make me feel that I am a burdened to them, especially when it comes from my mom. I sniffed my tears away. Hiro suddenly carried me in his arms; I was so shocked that I screamed.

"Tone it down! If I just guided you to Tim's house I won't make it to my date." He said but he's not annoyed anymore. When we got there, Hiro let me down and was already out of breath.

"Try losing some pounds ok?" he said, trying to catch his breath.

"It's not like you'll carry me again anytime soon." I mumbled but he already pushed the buzzer so he didn't hear me. The buzzer has a camera I guess.

"Yow Hiro! What are you doing there? And who's that chick? I told you, my house is not a motel, you can't play here." The guy, who I assumed was Tim, said through the radio in the buzzer.

"Idiot, this is the owner of the dog!" He shouted then catches his breath again.

"She's my dog now! So fuck off!" Tim shouted.

Tears are already starting to form in my eyes. ANGEL!!

"Open the gate or I will burn your house." Hiro said calmly but deadly. My spine shivers. What a scary guy.

"You don't take jokes well huh? Itss open, come in!" Tim said.

Hiro put my hand on his arm this time then guided me to the house. The house smelled like a flower field. I was enjoying the scent when I heard Angel's bark then she cried. I rushed to where I heard her but my head banged at a wall then my butt ended up on the floor.

"Hey miss, can you calm the dog down? She must not get up but she's trying to. She won't recover if she will force herself." Tim said.

"Angel! Calm down girl, just lay down. I'll come to you." I said trying not to cry.

Angel immediately followed me so she just whimpered.

"You two must be tight. I always have to put anesthesia to calm her down." Tim said.

"You have to be a licensed vet to do that you know." Hiro said sounded bored.

"My father is, and I'll be soon enough. So don't scare this chick." Tim said kinda sound like offended. "Hey chick, you can take your sun glasses now, we're Asians so it's kinda sign of disrespect to us when you still wear that inside our house." I was about to answer but Hiro already beat me.

"She's blind, how can a blind girl offend you?" Hiro asked.

"Woah! Sorry chick, I didn't know! I thought you're just being funny so you banged the wall." Tim said apologetically.

"It's Mikaela, Mikaela Quibuyen." I said. I'm planning to raise my hand but I just fell so that would be embarrassing.

"Tim Lao, Nice to meet you."

"Same here and it's actually fine. Your friend here also didn't get it at first." I smiled at his direction.

"Wait, Quibuyen... Do you happen to know Gabriel Quibuyen?" Tim asked totally curious.

"Yeah, He happens to be my father."

"Seriously? The pianist?" He's voice is now excited.

"Uhm... yes. But how did you know him. He's not that famous." He's really not. He just writes a piece, released an album or two. But the albums didn't sold well so he just applied at a big company where he met mom.

"Are you kidding me? He's just the best EVER!" Tim is now shouting.

"Why are you shouting at kid?" a man with a husky voice asked from upstairs.

"Dad! Gabriel Quibuyen's daughter is here!" Tim shouted. Then I heard a loud thud upstairs. "You know my dad is a big fan of your dad, so am I!" Tim said shaking my hand. Then I heard heavy footsteps from the stairs until it reached me.

"Are you really his daughter?" Another excited voice. Dad will definitely be happy about this.

"Yes I am sir." He hugged me tightly then told me about how he dreamed to meet my dad. Their voices started to crack while talking to me after I told them that my father just died. Hiro tried to change his laughed to cough and somehow succeeded.

Dad, you see? Your music is being appreciated even when you're gone; like I always did. You must be really happy right now right?

*I think I got hyped about the ranking thing too much, I was planning to go further but it's already 5am here so I'm giving up hahaha I just checked once because I'm really sleepy but if there are any typos or what just comment.*

*Please Vote,Comment,Spread the Word,be a fan and give me some L-O-V-E!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.1K 47
As I gaze up at the night sky, the stars and the moon seem to be near, as if they are within arm's reach. However, the reality is that they are separ...
267K 5.2K 36
Acting. Such a simple yet colossal action. Why should (Y/N) let them know the truth? To let them know who she really is? When showing them a perfect...
1.6K 158 29
• 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 • "What's your name?" I asked. "Damien," he said with his deep voice. I did not expect his voice to be...
67.8K 1.7K 18
(Y/N) was born blind and was raised by the Hanagaki family, one day Takemichi new friends came over and found out that Takemichi had a sister that is...