Change My Mind (Jacob Black)

By kiraken44

Katie Lahote has just moved back to La Push. She is moving in with her twin brother Paul, who knows some inte... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

2.2K 54 5
By kiraken44

KATIE'S P.O.V

I hear a bird chirping. I'm awake, I get it. I don't open my eyes because the sunlight will probably kill me. I crack my eyes open, and see something that makes my heart stop. I scream at the top of my lungs and hunch back against the wall. Paul bursts into my room. "Katie! What's wron-" his eyes widen. He takes in my room. The floating objects. My things are levitating in mid-air, surrounded by a purple blaze. "What's happening?" He asks. "I don't know!" I say. Paul's eyes trail down to my hands, and I look down as well. My hands are covered in the same purple flame. I scream again, and all the objects fall to the ground. Luckily, I have a carpeted floor, so nothing breaks. "Nononononononono!" he yells. He picks me up and drags me outside. "Paul! Where are we going?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. He throws me into the car and starts driving. He's speeding, but halts to a sudden stop. "Why aren't we moving?" I ask. He pulls out his phone. "Rose. Yeah. Something's wrong. I'm at the treat- dead... line. Okay. Thank you. HURRY!" he yells. "Rose??" I ask. He shakes his head and looks out the window expectantly. I look down at my feet, and almost immediately I hear knocking on my window. Rose stands by my door. I open the door and step out. "How did you get here so fast?" I ask. She shakes her head. She walks over to her car. "Get in." she says. "What about Paul?" I ask. She snorts. "He'll join us later." Rose says, then she speeds off.

"She's a siren." Carlisle says. A siren? WHAT THE HECK IS A SIREN?? "Ummm. What's a siren?" I ask. He chuckles. "I guess we should explain the supernatural world to you." Carlisle says. "Edward?" Carlisle says gesturing to Edward. He sucks in a breath. "Here we go."

I'm a little shocked. Werewolves? Vampires? "I know it's hard to take in, but you have to understand." Edward says. I shrug. "It's cool." I say. He looks taken aback. "You-You're okay with all this?" He asks. I nod and jump up. "Wow. Okay." He says. I laugh. "I've never met a girl like you." he says. I smile and walk into the kitchen where Esme hands me a plate of food. I smell it and collapse in a chair. "Thank you so much Esme! I love your cooking." I say. I wolf it down, no pun intended. I clear my plate and put my plate in the sink. I jump onto the couch and Emmett laughs. Suddenly, I hear a loud bang and a yell. "YOU TOLD HER??" Jacob. "I WAS SUPPOSED TO TELL HER! SHE'S BEEN HERE FOR TWO DAYS, LEECH! TWO FREAKING DAYS!" he screams. I jump up and run into the hallway. Jacob is screaming at Edward as Sam and Embry hold him back. "Jacob." I whisper. Somehow through the yelling, Jacob stops and looks at me. He calms down, and I take a step closer. He runs to me and pulls me into his arms. I am enjoying his warmth, when someone taps my shoulder. "What?" I snap. Alice is pointing to the ceiling. The whole living room is floating, covered in a purple flame. "Sorry!" I say, releasing everything. "WAIT NO!" Jasper yells, and the whole living room falls, but I catch it in time. Everyone sighs in relief. Jake grabs my waist and leans in so that his lips are touching my ear. I see Bella tighten, and I smirk on the inside. "I need to talk to you, alone." Jacob says. I nod and he leads me outside into the woods. When we reach a small pond, he stops and faces me. "So. You know about the supernatural." He says. I nod. "Are you scared?" He asks. I shake my head. He exhales. "Did Edward tell you about imprinting?" He asks. I cock my head. "No." he smiles. "Imprinting- imprinting is a very beautiful thing. It's not necessarily love at first sight, but it's kind of like that. When a wolf imprints, all that matters is the imprint. They will be whatever their imprint needs, a friend, protector, lover, whatever." he explains. I nod. "Did you imprint?" I ask, my voice breaking slightly. "Yeah." he smiles. I should've known he would never like me. "She's the most beautiful girl in the world. I would do anything for her." he says dreamily. JEE THANKS JACOB. Rub it in. Rub in the fact that I will never be loved. "Who is it?" I ask. FRICK. Why would I ask that??? It's just going to make me hurt more. He laughs lightly and then turns serious. "You." The whole world stops. I can only see Jacob's eyes. He leans in and kisses me lightly. I snake my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He puts his hands on my waist, and our lips are moving together perfectly. I want more. I kiss him aggressively, and he kisses me back. Finally, we both pull away, gasping for air. He leans his forehead on mine, and smiles. I smile back. I feel complete. 

"So you all have powers?" I ask. Edward smiles. "Alice sees the future, Jasper extorts emotions, Carlisle can take away pain, and I read minds." Edward explains. I'm guessing that Rose and Emmett don't have any special powers, so I don't ask. "Wait, you can read minds??" I ask. Edward yells. "Yes. But I can't read yours." he says. "What?" I ask. "It kind of frustrated me at first, but I've accepted it." Edward says. "Why can't you read my mind?" I ask. Edward shrugs. Suddenly, Seth bursts into the room, knocking me to the side. I fall into Edward's arms, and he wraps them around me. Jacob growls, and we both pull away. Jacob crosses the room and pulls me from Edward. I roll my eyes, but Jacob's overprotectiveness is adorable. "KATIE! PAUL!" Seth yells. We turn to him. "It's -it's-" but he is interrupted by a loud bang. The door flies open, and there stands my father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 3.4K 18
Inaaya Call, Embry's half sister from Britain has moved to La Push after her parents died in a car crash. As she is 16 not 18 she hasn't got a choice...
298K 6K 29
Jasmine is a tiger shape-shifter nothing like her brother what so ever she hides this keeping it to herself not wanting her dad to hate her but then...
111K 2.4K 12
"BECAUSE IM DONE, IM SO DONE! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, I WON'T! BECAUSE YOU'RE SO SELFISH, PAUL LAHOTE, YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AND I DON'T DESERVE T...
341K 6.1K 40
Jessica Lahote is moving back with her twin brother Paul Lahote. After she phases and goes back to school after she can control herself. When she see...