Beaumont and the Beast // A R...

By Thenoaf1

Our fair beauty, Belle, will be replaced by a handsome young man named, Beaumont. Just as peculiar, but aspir... More

Author's Note
For Adam // By Thenoaf1
Prologue
Chapter 1 // Beaumont
Chapter 2 // Peculiar Monsieur
Chapter 3 // The Wolves
Chapter 4 // A Mother's Touch
Chapter 5 // The Castle
Chapter 6 // A Mysterious Figure
Chapter 7 // Be Our Guest
Chapter 8 // The Prince
Chapter 9 // Opening Up
Chapter 10 // The Enchanted Mirror
Chapter 11 // Wingman
Chapter 12 // Nightcrawlers
Chapter 13 // Moving Out
Chapter 15 // Temper Control
Chapter 16 // The Library
Chapter 17 // Something There
Chapter 18 // A Musician's Reunion
Chapter 19 // For Adam
Chapter 20 // Like Father Like Son
Chapter 21 // Taking A Chance
Chapter 22 // Dinner For Two
Chapter 23 // Beauty and the Beast
Chapter 24 // Tonight We Kill The Beast!
Chapter 25 // The Enchantress
Chapter 26 // King Adam
Epilogue
😭😭😭😭😭
Update 1...of many
Update 2
Update: New Cover and Title
Update 3

Chapter 14 // The Beast

5.2K 288 45
By Thenoaf1

Warning: Blood and violence in content.

Adam successfully retrieved the sketchbook. Before taking his leave, he couldn't help but take a peek at the pages. It brought a smile to his face when he saw the drawings of Beaumont as a child, blushing at the more "personal" baby sketches.

Scanning the pages and seeing the world through Marie's eyes brought Adam joy, but also pulled at his heart. He never could have imagined something like this with his family. They were far too busy ruling a kingdom than to spend time with their own son.

Adam pushed away the memory of his childhood and shut the book with a sigh, placing it safely in his cloak.

Now to find Beaumont.

He took off Beaumont's scarf from around his neck and sniffed it. The sweet, almost floral aroma of the scarf brought a smile to Adam's face.

Smells just like him, he thought absentmindedly.

After realizing his distracted thought, he shook his head and blushed wildly.

Why does this keep happening to me? He makes me feel so...strange.

I can't put words to it.

I care for him, but that's all...

Right?

Adam growled frustratingly and departed from the little cottage, sprinting on all fours towards Marie and Beaumont.

He's a man and I'm a man...well...he's a man and I'm a horrid beast.

He picked up the pace, hoping it would push away these strange thoughts.

These feelings are just in my head.

But why does he have be so... perfect?

Beaumont's scent was becoming stronger and stronger as Adam hurtled through the dense forest. Suddenly a new scent caught his attention, making him stop abruptly to sniff the air more clearly. Adam's body tensed and his fur stood on end as he came to the realization they were being followed by three other men.

They seem to be tailing them. Could this be Edon?

Adam's blood boiled. He dug his massive claws into the dirt as his rage began to overwhelm him. The man inside was quickly slipping away. He had a one track mind set on one thing: protect. It didn't matter what happened to him or others in return.

Not a moment later, the Beast darted through the forest toward Beaumont.

🌹      🌹      🌹      🌹      🌹

Beaumont and Marie sat comfortably in the carriage, staring up at the stars in silence.

Beaumont looked over at his mother and smiled, placing his head on her shoulder, "You're going to love where we're going, mother."

Marie gave him a quick smirk and went back to staring at the stars.

He frowned, noticing she was distracted by something else. Though Beaumont was excited, he had to admit this may be too overwhelming for her. He lifted his head from her shoulder and asked, "How are you holding up with all of this?"

"I'm fine, Beaumont." Marie let out a sigh and admitted, "The one thing that's been on my mind though is where it is we're going? I mean...is it a cave or something?"

Beaumont laughed, "No, mother! He's not that kind of beast." He smiled excitedly and gushed, "It's an ancient castle."

"Come again?"

"Adam comes from a long line of royalty." He explained, "Before becoming who he is now, our little village was once ruled by a King and Queen."

Marie scoffed and shook her head, "That's rubbish! How do I not remember any of that?"

"I don't know a lot, mother. He hates talking about his parents, so I didn't dare ask any more." Marie doubtfully stared at Beaumont. He sighed and held her hand, "Look, I know this all seems crazy. I'm sure Adam will explain everything as promised. Let's just get there first, alright?"

Beaumont turned sharply at a blundering sound approaching them.

Emerging from the shadows was Edon and his two brothers.

His heart started to race wildly, and he grabbed the reigns tightly, yelling, "Hold on, Mother!"

Before she could react, Phillipe and Adam's horse bolted down the trail.

They were catching up quickly. With a sinister laugh, Edon shouted, "You can't get away from us, boy!"

Marie held onto her son desperately and looked back in fear at the wolfish brothers. She turned to Beaumont and exclaimed urgently, "Beaumont! What are we going to do?"

Beaumont was too overwhelmed in the chase to reply. It took him a moment to catch his bearings, but after a second, he looked at his frightened mother and said regretfully, "It's me they want. I don't want you to get hurt, mother." Beaumont grabbed Marie's hand tightly, "Take Phillipe. He knows the way to the castle."

"No! I will not abandon you!" She cried, "I can't lose you!"

"You have to trust me. Adam will come. I love you." Before Marie could speak another word, Beaumont tossed the reigns out of her reach and jumped off the carriage onto soft grass. He tumbled for a bit, but made it out unscathed.

For now at least.

Beaumont watched Marie fade away with the carriage. Tears fell from his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away. He immediately began searching for a thick branch before Edon caught up to him.

I'm not going down without a fight this time.

The brothers circled Beaumont, leaving him trapped within it. They stopped and dismantled their horses before he could find something to defend himself with.

Edon approached Beaumont and snarled, "Look who decided to grace us with his presence after all this time. We were starting to lose all hope of seeing you again. Weren't we brothers?" They laughed quietly behind their alpha as he continued, "After seeing you depart without even saying hello, I knew something must have been wrong. Is there something you are keeping from us, boy? What were you up to all this time anyway?"

Beaumont swung at him, "Stay back, Edon!"

Edon dodged it easily and laughed, "From the urgency in your tone, I'm guessing our last encounter wasn't a good enough lesson for you. You're still so rude to us, Beaumont, and we can't have that!" He moved closer to Beaumont, a knife slowly being unsheathed from his side.

"I SAID STAY BACK!" Beaumont swung again and hit Edon directly across the face.

He grabbed his nose and grimaced in pain. Taking his hand away, he noticed the blood spilling out of it and sniffled profusely. He bared his teeth and turned to Beaumont angrily, bellowing, "You're dead, faggot!"

Edon lunged for him. Beaumont stood firmly, ready to take on whatever came next, but just before Edon grabbed a hold of him, a large, snarling mass flew out of the woods and landed directly on one of Edon's brothers.

Beaumont let out a sigh of relief and gasped, "Adam!"

Adrenaline pulsed through his veins. In the heat of the moment, Beaumont took a branch and hit Edon directly on the temple in his distraction. He fell unconscious, making Beaumont laugh proudly at his victory.

He smiled and looked up at Adam, but was quickly paralyzed by the sight that met him.

Pools of blood surrounded him as he teared away at his prey. The brother's howls of agony slowly faded as the Beast ripped him apart.

Beaumont's legs buckled, sending him to his knees. He stammered, "Oh god...Adam."

The other brother quickly took a crossbow from his bag and aimed it shakily right for Adam. Before Beaumont could react, a large bolt dug into Adam's thigh. He howled from the pain and in his fit of rage, turned sharply to the brother.

Beaumont couldn't believe his eyes. Blood coated Adam's muzzle and body; his teeth were fully bared and snarling; his eyes were no longer human.

Adam had gone completely beast.

The brother successfully shot another bolt. This one landing directly in Adam's shoulder. He let out a roar and managed to hit the brother across the face, sending him unconscious as well.

Beaumont stared in shock, shaking convulsively as he looked up at Adam. He was standing over his kill, panting heavily with a low growl. His cloak and muzzle were completely drenched in blood; some the brothers and the others his.

Adam stood awkwardly. The bolt in his thigh had completely numbed his leg, making it that much harder to stand.

A pool of blood began to form under his left paw as drops came dripping from the tips of both of the arrow's fletchings.

Adam looked down at his injuries, than up at Beaumont. With a low, croaked voice, he whispered, "I'm... I'm sorry—"

He let out a deep groan and fell to his knees. After swaying for a moment, he fell to his side, and lay there, completely motionless. Succumbing to the pain and exhaustion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 1.2K 24
Jasper Jones is a goth boy whose an famous youtuber in high school. Even though he's famous on youtube, facebook, and has a lot of friends. But howev...
29.6K 1.6K 25
Milo, a young boy who lives on a distant planet just another galaxy away, could easily be described by any one of us as an 'alien'. After all, he and...
Cured [ManxMan] By Koda

Science Fiction

231K 12.1K 35
Topher was a survivor, until he wasn't. After a noble sacrifice, he's become what the scattered remains of humanity fears most: a zombie. But he may...
123K 5.1K 23
**WARNING CONTAINS BXB** (Completed) Everything was a vision of ash and soot, fires blazing here and there... through tired eyes I stood weary, gazin...