Alternate Reality: Life in a...

De nimmie10

After receiving a letter to attend Chicago High school, life for Beatrice Prior has taken a 180. Instead of... Mai multe

Alternate Reality: Life in a High School (Divergent Fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.5
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Part Two Notice
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Just an Update
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Just an Update
Chapter 43

Chapter 20

4.6K 91 39
De nimmie10

I can't breath. There is no air. Just water. Water creeping up my sides. Water spilling into my mouth. Water slowly confining me into a prison. I am drowning. 

I let out a scream into the murky water and press my hands up to the glass that is trapping me. I close my eyes, and when I open them again my water filled glass box moved into a dark cave. Eric appears holding a large gun. My parents, Caleb, and Tobias are all on there knees with there hands tied behind their backs in front of Eric.

I pound on the glass. I need to save them. I need to stop this. I need to breath. 

My pounding gets me nowhere. My lungs are burning. I look out at Eric only to see him hold the gun to my mother. Fight back! Why are they not fighting. 

The gun goes off. I pound on the glass harder. The gun goes off again, and my father crumples to the ground. I let a scream out of my lungs, but nothing comes out. I have no air. The gun goes off again. This time it was Caleb. I stop pounding on the glass, because I have no more energy. My limbs have become heavy, and my mind is getting more and more cloudy by the second. I hear the gun go off a final time. I look up at see Tobias fall. 

This is it. I am done. 

I sit right up in my bed. My breathing is heavy and uneven. I press my hands to my face and wipe away the tears. That was probably the worst dream I have had in my whole life. Nothing compares to that. 

I look around my room and try to gather my surroundings. It is still dark outside, and I have no idea where my phone is. I look over the side of my bed and see that it fell on the floor. I guess I knocked it off my bed while I was sleeping. 

As the sleep wears off, I remember what happened to Tobias. I reach over to my phone and pick it up. 

My phone tells me that it is three in the morning. It also tells me that I have no missed messages. This is weird. I send Tobias a quick text and ask if he is okay. I put my phone down and run to my closet. There is no point in trying to sleep anymore, because I will not be able to. I pull out my black  pair of jeans, and a black pullover. 

I check my phone again before  I run into the bathroom. I turn on the light, allowing the large rush of light blind me for a second. I look into the mirror as my eyes adjust to the light. 

I look awful. There is dry blood all over me from the cut on my hand and the gash in my arm. That belt doesn't feel the best. I also have some scratch marks on my shoulder from where Tobias's Dad dug his nails into my skin. On top of that, I still have the faded bruise on my cheek, the terrible bruising on my ribs, and the stupid cast on my other arm. 

I look over to my arm. I can't tell where the cut is, because there is so much dry blood surrounding it. I set my clothes down on the counter and get ready for a quick shower. 

After my shower I take a closer look at the gash in my arm. It defiantly is not as bad as it feels. It is a shallow cut, but it will leave a scar. I throw on the clothes I picked and leave the bathroom. I'm not in the mood to make myself look decent, so I skip the makeup. 

I pick up the brush that I left on my dresser, and brush my hair really fast. I don't want to put a whole lot of effort into that either. 

I run over to my phone to see I have no texts. I really don't know what I am going to do. I walk over to my closet and pick up a pair of athletic shorts and running shoes. 

After I change again, I grab my keys, backpack, and go over to Caleb's room. "I'm going running." I tell him as I take his beanie from his desk. 

"That's mine." He mumbles as he wakes up a little. 

"Don't care." I put the beanie on as I walk out of the room. 

I grab a water from the fridge and then head out to my car. I think that I will run at the school. That way I can run for a long time, and then just head into the school. 

-----Page Break-----

I shove my keys into my backpack and step into the chilly air. A light drizzle starts to fall from the sky. This is my favorite weather. 

I find myself at the back of the school, where the track is. There is just enough light coming from the horizon for me to see where I am going. I drop my backpack on the side of the track. 

After that, I start running. The only noise is the sound of the rain splatter on the ground. I have never felt so alone and desperate in my life. Alone because I don't really have many people to talk to, but desperate to save my family. I need someone else to help me. I am like a sinking ship in the middle of nowhere. There isn't much I can do about it. 

I run and run until my lungs feel like they are going to explode, so I stop and walk over to my backpack. I take a seat on the wet ground and pull out my phone. I have one missed message from Zeke.

Have you heard from Tobias? 

I press the reply button and type:

Not since last night. There was some drama with his dad. 

I send it and look up from my phone, only to see a tall dark figure coming my way. The clouds make it hard to see who it is.

"Tris?" The person's voice sounds familiar. I think I know figured out who the person is just by their voice.

"Tobias?" I question. 

"Yeah. Who else would I be?" He asks. 

"You are wearing all black and I couldn't see your face." I tell him as he takes a seat next to me. His hair is messy and unkempt. His face is full of stubble, because he didn't shave.

I look up at him to see the pain in his eyes. He is hiding it, but he is hurt bad. "Why were you not at home? I was looking for you" 

"Well, I woke up because.....and I....couldn't sleep. So I decided I wanted to run" I mumble. "I was worried about you." 

"I'm okay." I watch his face wince as he says that. "He took my phone, after I passed out. It is in about a billion little pieces now." 

"You are not okay." Tobias bites his lip. He knows I have him figured out. "I see it on your face." 

"I'm fine." He looks down at to my cut hand. "I didn't know he hit your hand too." Tobias picks up my hand and pushes back my sleeve in order to expose my  other cut. The rain stings as slams into my arm.

"No your not." I tell him. He pulls my sleeve back down and looks at me. I reach up to his face. "Its my fault too. I should have stayed. I ran like a coward." 

He puts his hands on my cheeks. "Tris, I don't want to hear you say that." He mumbles. "You are not a coward. In fact you are one of the bravest people I know." 

I feel a few tears spill out of my eyes. "Don't cry." Tobias whispers softly. "It is not your fault. My father is just a monster. I fear him more than anything in my life." 

Tobias pulls me into a hug. I bury my head into his chest. "Tobias. I don't know what to do. I just feel like I am drowning." 

"I'm right here." He whispers into my ear. "If you drown, I drown. We drown together. But I will not let that happen. We will get through this." 

He lets me go and whispers. "Lets go inside and get cleaned up before school starts." 

I watch Tobias wince as he stands up. He extends his arm for me to grab. I take it and he pulls me up. 

After I pick up my backpack, we walk hand and hand to the athletic entrance to the school. He pulls out a card and holds it in front of the door. It clicks and then we enter the athletics hallway. 

"This is going to sound ridiculous." I pause. "I forgot my change of pants at home."

Tobias laughs. "I always keep a pair of sweats in th boxing room. Wait here." 

He runs into the boxing room and comes out with a black pair of sweats that say dauntless on the side. "Here." Tobias hands me his sweats. "You are soaked. Do you need a shirt too?" 

"Yeah." I give him a smile. "What are you going to wear though?" 

"I have my more clothes in my locker. I generally run here in the mornings, so I always have clothes here." Tobias runs into the locker room. 

He comes back five minutes later in a gray t-shirt, and a new pair of sweats. "Here this is the smallest shirt that I have." He hands me the black shirt. 

"How much clothing do you have in there?" I laugh. 

"I get lazy and forget to bring them home." He smiles. 

I return the smile and walk into the locker room. I peel off my wet sweatshirt and pull on Tobias's black t-shirt. Then, I do the same with my pants. The sweats are so big, I have to roll them at the waist. 

I take off Caleb's beanie as I rush out of the locker room. "Hey. I need you help really fast." Tobias greets me. "Come here." 

He pulls me into the boxing room. I watch as he runs over to one of the cabinets on the far side of the room. Tobias takes out several rolls of bandages, and walks back to me. "I ran out of these at my house." He hands me the bandages and pulls off his gray shirt. 

His back looks all torn up and covered with dry blood. This time the cuts extend around his side. His dad was really mad. I take the bandages and carefully rap them around his torso. 

When I am done, he pulls his shirt back on. Tobias turns around and looks at my arm. "Do you need anything for your arm?" 

"No I am okay." I mumble. 

"No you are not." Tobias walks back over the the cabinet and pulls out more bandages. He comes back and takes the bandage from it's package.  "I got you." 

Tobias places a bandage over the cut on my arm, and then one over my hand. I take the last bandage from his hand, unwrap it, and stick it to his cheek. "Tris!" He laughs. 

He takes it off his cheek and sticks it to my forehead. "No, this one is yours." I take it off and put it on his face again. 

"Fine." He laughs. "Come on. The bell is about to ring." He takes my hand and leads me out of the room. 

We reach Tori's room right as the bell rings. "Your going to keep that on your face?" I ask about the bandage I put on his face.

"Of course." He smiles. "My Tris gave it to me." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this chapter was not as depressing as the last one. 

I am like freaking out about the Divergent movie. I'm going to get tickets to the midnight premire and everything.  Just saying that puts me on the verge of a fangirl heartattack or something. 

I'm sorry for my lack in updates. :)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
89.2K 2.3K 33
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
243K 846 26
its all in the title babes 😋
22.8M 800K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...