Rotted Rowan

Door Darkpetal16

Not everyone can be a hero. Sometimes you have to play the villain in order to save everyone. OC Self-Insert... Meer

Descent
Returning
Above
Righteous
Sanctuary
Loyalty
Beautiful
Wrong
Obito
5:5
War and Peace
Tessen
Winter
Us or Them
Chūnin Exams
Massacre
Monsters
Kanabi Bridge
Mito-chan
Opening Banquet
A Hero's Plight
Red
Owari
Sacrifice
Burning Orange
Beginning of the End
Genin
The Pit
Wave
Sakura's Bridge
Us or Them (II)
Bittersweet
Unforgivable
Boiling
Tick
Tock
I Killed You
Let The Hunt Begin
Beautiful Rain
Summit
Obito (II)
Perish
Kakashi
Little Sunshine
The Moon Rises

Rival

6.5K 391 206
Door Darkpetal16

Fanart used was created by Niasweet71 on deviantART. 

Disclaimer: The beautiful story of Naruto belongs to Kishimoto, as do all his characters. Naasica is the only character that belongs to me.

Warning: All warnings were addressed at the bottom of the first chapter.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

-Alfred

Grandmother was seated in the shade under the tree. It was the largest tree in our backyard, and her favorite. Tsunade was sitting next to her, curled up beside her and flipping through a book. I was holding Batman tightly and spinning around, and around.

It was childish and silly, but it was so simply delectable. I loved spinning. And when Grandmother continued to blow out the dandelions, causing the little seeds to spin around me, it was a childish miracle to me. It was beautiful, and pure, and nice and I adored it.

I came to a stop I stumbled and fell. Tsunade giggled quietly and I stood up wobbly. A smile lit up my face as I staggered into Grandmother and Tsunade's laps, spreading across both of them and stretching.

Grandmother and Tsunade exchanged sly glances before swooping down and starting to tickle me.

"S-Stop!" I laughed. "P-Please!"

"Never," they chorused.

. . .

. .

.

Kushina gripped my hand tightly as she guided me out of the hospital. "Let's go furniture shopping first. I'll make some clones to set it up at the apartment while we go clothes and training shopping, dattebane!"
I giggled at her enthusiasm, before a yawn escaped me. "A-Ah, mm. Okay."

Kushina's smile widened and she started to sprint, practically dragging me with her. "Oh this is going to be so much fun! I haven't gone shopping in... well it's been a while, dattebane! Actually, I did go grocery shopping, but I mean the fun kind of shopping, you know?"

I continued to smile in bemusement as Kushina rambled on. I didn't care too much for shopping, but it seemed to make Kushina happy, so I would try to enjoy myself.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

It was early afternoon when we finally came to my new home, to Kushina's apartment. It was a fairly decent size, considering it was an apartment. Two bedrooms, and the kitchen and dining room were one room. There was a little half-wall that was about the same height as me when I stood on my tip-toes dividing the kitchen and living room, and only one bathroom.

"Are you hungry? Want me to fix you anything to eat?" Kushina asked, moving to my room, carrying most of the bags. I followed behind her, carrying the rest of the bags.

"Um. I could eat," I admitted, entering my new room. I kept the same bed from my previous home, but I had a new desk, bookshelf and collection of toys. (stuffed animals. I doubt I would ever play with them, but I was still a child and I knew children enjoyed new toys) I also had new sheets and some new scrolls.

Kushina gave a hum. "Alright, if you want to start putting your clothes away, I'll get started on lunch."

"Okay, Nee-chan," I murmured; and Kushina brushed past me, heading to the kitchen. I meticulously poured out the new clothings, folding them as I had many times before and placing them in the drawer. When I was done with them, I placed all the empty bags in one bag and set it by the door. I then opened the training bags, pulling out the packs of basic kunai and shuriken and laying them neatly on my desk. The training dummy was rolled up in a summoning scroll, ready to be dismissed and called upon whenever it was being used or not.

Carrying the scroll tightly to my chest, I headed out into the living room, the smell of fresh meat penetrating my smell. I placed it in a bare spot, against the wall, and unrolled it.

"Lunch is almost ready," Kushina called from the kitchen after noticing me. "Why don't you set the table?"

"Okay," I said.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

Once lunch was done, Kushina guided me to the living room after I grabbed my kunai set. She brought me five meters away from the target practice and moved my feet and body into the correct position. She took my hand and gently placed the kunai in it, adjusting my grip on it.

She then walked to the target. "Alright, Naa-chan! Take your time with each throw. Let's focus on landing hits on the target, then we'll focus on more precise hits, and then we'll work on speed. Go ahead and try - focus on the target, and throw. I'll catch it before it damages anything outside the target."

I shifted my weight and looked down at the surprisingly light kunai. I then threw back my arm and...

It was a good thing Kushina was a kunoichi, or she wouldn't have caught it before it went out the window behind me.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

When night had fallen and Kushina had finally gone to bed (I heard her move down to her bedroom and waited thirty minutes), I crawled out of my bed, dropping low to the wooden floor (I actually had to argue against Kushina buying me a rug). Quickly, I moved to my desk and grabbed my pouch of kunai and shuriken. Closing my eyes, I felt for other chakra around me, as Madara had taught me. Finding no one, I slowly melded into the wooden floor, traversing down the wooden walls before latching onto the root of a tree in the front of the apartment.

I was lucky that Kushina's apartment had such a large tree outside her apartment. I could easily enter it and travel from tree to tree until I was outside of Konoha in only a handful of seconds. And with the multitude of trees, all of their roots connecting or touching, it wasn't long before I found myself walking out of the tree above the cave.

I dropped down, tugging off my pajama shirt, and revealing the training cammie I had underneath it. I pulled off my pajama pants and adjusted the training shorts I wore. I then folded both parts of my pajamas and placed them on a nearby rock.

"Madara-sama?" I greeted, walking into the darkness.

"Welcome home."

Bowing lowly, I murmured, "They bought the story. What will you have me do now?"

"Will you be accepted into the academy?" Madara rasped, stepping towards me.

"I believe so. The academy starts up in four weeks, and after I showed Hiruzen my kekkei genkai, he seemed rather eager for me to start training."

I could feel Madara smile, pleased. "He would be a fool not to. Come, I've had Zetsu set up targets. Set your pouch down. You will be running for now."

"Yes, Madara-sama."

After resting the pouch against the wall of the cave, I walked, barefoot, to the center and stood next to Madara. It was too dark to see him, but I could feel his chakra and hear him.

"I have placed numerous rocks around the cave. Circle around me, don't stop running, and try not to get too banged up. Each obstacle has something distinctive, if you focus your other senses hard enough, you will be able to dodge them successfully."

Apprehension that Madara had created obstacles for me, left my tongue silent. It would do no good to argue against his training. Running through the dark in essentially foreign land would help my reaction and maneuverability. If I could successfully dodge and adjust my pattern to unexpected surprises here, it would be beneficial on the battlefield. A place where plans never went as they should and a quick reaction time determined whether you lived or died.

Not to mention it would force me to adapt to my other senses. If he had placed a scented stone, then if I smelt it soon enough (and I would be forced to, lest I wanted a bruise), then I had a given time to react quickly enough. But in order for that to happen, I would have to smell it first, a skill that would take practice... and motivation.

Suppressing a reluctant sigh, I started my jog.

"We will improve your endurance and your chakra control. When you come here, you will run on the new obstacle course until I say otherwise. After that, you will begin your stretches and cool down. From there, the lesson will differentiate - "

My feet connected against a hard rock and I was sent sprawling to the ground. I winced, feeling a sharp sting on my both of my knees. Annoyance flared through me and I forced myself back up before bursting into another jog.

" - Three times a week, we will work on your precision with range. You will, of course, start off practicing this outside in the moonlight. - "

I tripped and stumbled into the rock wall, my hands spread out to catch me, but in the process they dug into the spiky layer. I chewed on my bottom lip before readjusting myself, dependant on Madara's voice, and started to run again.

" - One day a week we will work on the theory of Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, or manipulation and battle strategy and the other three days will be spent on chakra-control. When you have - "

My feet dug into a particularly sharp stone and I gasped from the surprising pain. Swallowing roughly, I lifted my foot up from the floor and pulled out the stone, tossing it to the side.

I am so bringing shoes next time.

" - reached satisfactory level in one of the aforementioned area, we will move on to a new schedule. And continue to run barefoot. This will help build up your pain tolerance."

"Oni-sensei," I muttered under my breath.

"I, of course, expect you to use your time outside of our meetings to train," Madara continued smoothly. "After you have reached the appropriate status, and have learned enough in diplomacy, manipulation and coercion, you will attempt to ally yourself with the Clan Heirs and Heiresses."

"Yes, Madara-sama," I said, after realizing that he finished.

My forehead slammed into a stalactite.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

I creeped out of my bedroom, scrapes and blood covering me. Already, I could feel the bruises that would form tomorrow. I would have to wear clothing that covered my arms and legs, to make sure Kushina didn't see the injuries until I could heal. One of the bright sides about being three-fourths Uzumaki, though, was the faster regeneration rate. The surface wounds would be taken care of by the time the next night-training started.

Spreading my weight out evenly, I pushed chakra into my feet and started walking along the wall - the floor creaked - before I reached the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door and slowly dropped down onto the tiles, before I closed it and turned on the lights.

Dirt and blood caked the majority of my form - mostly dirt, though. The blood was most common from my hands, knees, and feet. I muttered irritably under my breath, taking out a wash cloth and turning on the water.

I'll need to see if Madara can make some subtle silencing seals for the bathroom. I'd rather Kushina didn't suddenly hear the water running and decide to check it out.

I winced as I started cleaning the wounds.

I'll also need to see if I can create some antibiotic ointment, I thought sullenly. For now, I'll use the tube we have here.

After I had thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and bandaged myself, I finally changed into my pajamas (hiding the dirty training clothes under my mattress) and crawled into bed for a few hours of sleep.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

"Wakey-wakey!"

Creaking my eyes open, I blearily looked up at Kushina. She was smiling brightly at me. "Come on, sleepy-head. I made some breakfast."

"I'm up, I'm up," I muttered tiredly and Kushina gave a small hum before heading out to the dining room. I crawled out of bed, making sure all of my bruises and scratches were covered with my pajamas, before I followed after her.

The smell of pancakes (a pleasant surprise that this world had a crossover of my old world's food, as well as the standard Japanese style), eggs, and ham greeted me warmly. I gave a fleeting smile at that, before taking my seat at the small table with Kushina. She was already dressed.

"I still have another week of leave before I have return to active duty," Kushina told me, nibbling on her eggs. "I - "

There was a soft knock at the door and Kushina glared at it, her temper flaring. As she stood up to answer it, she muttered crossly, "Now who would come knocking this early while I'm trying to have a nice meal with my - "

Throwing open the door, Kushina looked prepared to give the person a verbal-lashing, but stopped when she found that it was none other than the Hokage.

"H-Hokage-sama. I wasn't expecting you - "

He smiled at her. "It's quite alright. I won't be long. I just wanted to stop by personally to inform you that Naasica-hime will be attending the new year's class in the fall. She'll be a couple years younger than the others (as you have to be six to enter the academy), but I'm sure she'll do well. Also, Konoha will be posting a temporary ANBU guard until she has entered. You understand..."

We did. Until I officially started training in the shinobi arts - entering the academy - I was a civilian, regardless of my family. However, when I began training, I was considered a shinobi, or kunoichi, and Konoha had no obligation to use their most elite warriors to protect me unless they knew I was in imminent danger, or I was paying for it (like Grandmother technically did).

And the Hokage knew I would never pay for someone to follow me around and 'protect me'. I was too proud and I was the Senju Clan Heiress. It would be considered disgraceful unless I was too old or sick to properly defend myself.

"Yes, of course, Hokage-sama," Kushina managed, still bewildered. "Is there anything else, Hokage-sama?"

"No, I'll be taking my leave," he said.

Once the Hokage had left, I could still feel the ANBU's chakra just outside. My eyes narrowed in annoyance at this change, but I quickly put on a smile when Kushina turned around.

Just as Madara predicted, I thought darkly. When I don't show up tonight, Zetsu will arrive tomorrow night and borrow some of my chakra. He'll act as my clone while I sneak off to train with Madara.

"Entering the academy already," Kushina said, smiling at me. "What do you want to do? Celebrate?"

I shook my head, recalling Madara's words. "Train. I need to get stronger."

Kushina's smile slipped as she stared at me in confusion. "You sure?"

"Do you not support this?" I asked innocently, feigning a little hurt. Kushina was quick to blush and shake her head.

"You'll always have my support, I just... I don't want you to lose yourself in the process," Kushina said gently, moving to squat down to look at me at eye-level. "You're still a child, Naa-chan."
I straightened up. "I am the Senju Heiress. I do not have time to - "

Kushina rolled her eyes and ruffled my hair. "Don't take your duties so seriously. For now, you're still a child. Don't waste what time you have, especially considering you'll be entering the academy so soon. If you truly want to spend your time training, I won't object, but I will have to strongly encourage you balance out your time."

I bit my bottom lip. I would actually rather not do what she wants me to do. I don't want to play with children so below my intelligence, nor do I want to degrade myself to act so childishly. One of the few benefits to being an Heiress was that you were expected to act more like an adult, something that's far easier for me. However, I have a feeling it would seem... odd... if I objected too much. After all, I am still a "child" to her. I don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention.

"... I... I need to get stronger. Not just for myself, but maybe... you're right. I don't want to waste my childhood..."

Kushina beamed.

I fidgeted, pretending to be shy and embarrassed. "But I don't know how. I... I've never really... I mean... outside of you, Nee-chan and Obaa-chan... I don't... I just..."

Kushina's eyes widened with realization before rounding into sympathy. "You've never really played with children your age, have you?"

Willing the blood rush to my cheeks, like Madara taught me to, I blushed and shook my head.

It's always important you know how to control your appearance, Madara had said. You can never truly trust anyone, except me. Especially considering our plan. If they found out, they would turn on you instantly. They are your enemy, even if they smile at you, even if they say they mean well, even if they promise to be your friend, they are your enemy!

Konoha is your mission, and you are infiltrating it. There will be times where you must hide how you feel, and times where you must express what you don't feel. Before you return, I will show you the basics...

It helped that I actually knew some of the basics. Part of being a teenager, I suppose, was the learning how to effectively lie. Or perhaps that was just me. It helped, I suppose, that I had to learn to do that all over again while I still lived with Grandmother and... Tsunade... for some cases.

Kushina looked down, frowning. "Hmm..."

Then as if remembering I was there, she forced a smile on her face and beamed at me. "Don't worry, dattebane! We'll figure it out. How about we train now, though?"

I smiled. "I would like that, Nee-chan."

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

As predicted, the following night, just after Kushina went to bed, Zetsu appeared under my bed. He reached out a pale white arm, wiggling his fingers in hello. I crawled out of my blankets and rolled under the bed, staring at him. He gave me a wide, toothy smile, as he placed his hand on my shoulder. He started sucking my chakra."Madara-sama's looking for you."

"Mn. Four ANBU - "

"I know. I have enough now, go on ahead."

"Mn. Okay."

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

"Just until the academy?" Madara asked, as I began my stretches. I was panting heavily from the run. At my weak nod, he seemed to frown. "Annoying, but doable. You will need to learn to make a wood clone after you enter the academy. It would take nothing less than Zetsu to fool the ANBU, but a clone will do just fine for Kushina."

"Y-Yes... Madara-sama," I panted.

We fell into silence as I finished my stretches. When I was done, I stood before Madara, my back straight and and eyes lowered, as a sign of respect. I almost wanted to put my hands behind my back and stand in attention, but the traditions in this world demanded differently.

"Today we will work on chakra control. I know you have already started on the tree-walking. We will go on from that," Madara said, turning and heading outside the cave. I trailed behind him, my bare feet still stinging from the run.

Madara finally stopped before a tree, gesturing to it. "Begin climbing. When you reach the top, turn back around and come back down. I want to see how well you do first."

I nodded. It took a split-second to gather the necessary chakra into the bottom of my feet before I began to climb. I walked slowly, carefully, my brow furrowed. When I finally returned to the bottom, and stepped off, Madara snorted.

"We're going to have our work cut out for us," Madara muttered. "Alright, go to the top and when you reach there, grab a leaf. Using your chakra, stick the leaf to the tips of each of your fingers."

I tilted my head, blushing sheepishly. "I... actually haven't succeeded in the leaf exercise... like, at all."

"I could tell."

My cheeks warmed in shame.

"You need finer chakra control. While you have enough chakra to use in spades, you still need to be able to maximize the minimum required. Eventually, you will face an opponent who can outlast you in terms of chakra, and you will be forced to carefully measure what chakra you use. In order to do this, you need near-perfect chakra control. Besides, when we move onto Ninjutsu and ratio changes, the better control you have, the easier. You will not return down until you have succeeded."

What the hell are ratio changes?

"What if I don't? What if I... I run out of chakra before I complete the exercise?"

"Then you better not land on your head."

"... Yes, Madara-sama."

Madara smiled sardonically. "This will help with your landing techniques, as well. Learn to land without using chakra."

I suppressed a sigh, choosing instead to turn away and begin the climb.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

It took exactly three days before Kushina managed to snag a "play date" for me. When she first told me, I had to suppress my annoyance, choosing to outwardly express hesitancy and nerves. Within minutes of informing me, Kushina had swooped me up in her arms and had me dressed, groomed and styled up before hurrying me off to the park. I scarcely had time to grab my kunai pack as we left.

"Trust me," Kushina said, carrying me to the park and hopping from roof to roof, "you'll like this! He's a training nut, just like you!"

Oh my God, did she stick me on a play date with Gai?

Then again, at least I could train in my Taijutsu.

When we reached the park, Kushina set me down and brushed down my more stubborn locks of hair. She adjusted my robes, untying my orange obi and then re-tying it into a neat bow on my left side. "Alright, are you ready, Naa-chan?"
I forced a blush on my face, lowering my eyes and fidgeting with the hems of my black robes. "I-I guess, Nee-chan. I-If you really think this is a good idea..."

Kushina clapped her hands together, beaming. "Excellent, dattebane! Now come on. I can sense their chakras over here."

In the direction she pointed, I immediately sharpened my hearing and sense of smell, channeling the chakra like I had before in Madara's cave.

"... Tou-san, I don't want to do this."

"I know you don't, but just give it a try. Senju-hime is like you, from what Kushina's told me. I bet you two will get along great."

"She's a girl, Tou-san."

"She likes training."

"I bet she's stupid."

"Young man..."

I rolled my eyes, having heard enough. Kushina had taken my hand and guided me around some hedges, before saying, "Hey, you two."

Hatake Sakumo grinned widely at Kushina, a hand placed on the top of young Hatake Kakashi's head. The boy's black eyes locked onto me as he eyed me suspiciously. I wiggled my fingers in a shy hello, willing another blush across my cheeks.

"Hello, Kushina-san," Sakumo greeted. "This is my son, Kakashi-chan. Kakashi-chan, introduce yourself."

Kakashi thrust his hands in his pocket and stepped in front of Sakumo, glaring at the ground. "... I'm Hatake Kakashi."

I feigned embarrassment, looking shyly away. Kushina nudged me in the back and I finally stepped towards Kakashi. "I-I'm Senju Naasica."

Silence fell between the two and Sakumo cleared his throat pointedly.

Kakashi sighed. As if swallowing a painful pill, he choked out, "... Do you... want to go play... with me?"

I stared at Kakashi, to all eyes I looked like a fit of shyness had overtaken me, but in reality I was thinking carefully. It was true that I had not completed Madara's lessons in manipulation and coercion, but I was fairly confident that I could at least befriend Kakashi to some extent on my own. He would grow to become a powerful shinobi, no one could deny that, and he was even favored to be the Hokage after Tsunade and before Naruto. He would make a wonderful ally, and at the moment, I had a chance to start that alliance.

"Um... I, um... actually..." I whispered, blushing brightly, "do you... doyoumaybewannatrainwithmeinstead?"

Kakashi blinked and Kushina rolled her eyes. Sakumo looked amused while Kakashi's brow furrowed as he tried to decipher my rushed words. When the young Hatake finally did, a triumphant gleam took to his eyes. "Yeah. I'd like that."

"Um, I brought my own kunai and shuriken," I said shyly, lowering my eyes.

"Tou-san told me I wasn't allowed to bring my own set," Kakashi said, adding a glare to his father. Sakumo rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"You can share with me," I offered, holding out my pouch. "We should go to the trees, get out of the way of the other kids. I don't want want one of the running out in front while we're training."

Kakashi nodded his head sagely. "Good idea. Come on, let's go!"

"R-Right!"

I hid my smile as Kakashi grabbed my hand and started pulling me away.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

"I can't say that went as I expected it to be, but I'm glad you and Kakashi had fun together," Kushina said, smiling at me. "What would you say to another play date soon?"

I beamed brightly, wiping the sweat off my brow. Kakashi had been rather helpful in my training. Due to his size (which was roughly the same as mine), he'd known how to assist me with balancing better than Kushina did. And while Madara certainly could help me, he preferred I got it wrong, received the punishment (as incentive to get it right the next time), and continue the process until I got it right. Kakashi was nothing like that. Even if he was impatient, he was at least patient enough to take the time to adjust my position correctly each time.

"I would like that," I admitted honestly. "I would like that very much."

Kushina's eyes lit up. "Oh, that's so wonderful. I'm so happy for you, Naa-chan. What do you want for dinner? My treat!"

Kushina opened the door to our apartment, and I glanced back at the setting sun before entering the warm apartment. "Mmm... Udon, please. And I would like to make some dangos for dessert, too! Extra sweet."

"Alright," Kushina said, beaming. "Do you want to help me make the dangos?"

"Yes, please!"

Kushina ruffled my hair. "Then go wash up while I get started on dinner."

"Yes, Nee-chan."

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

I wrapped up the bundles of dangos I had pretended to eat in a neat cloth and held it close to my body. It was odd transporting actual items with me, but not impossible. It was no different than transferring clothes. When I reappeared in front of the cave and entered inside, Madara greeted me with the usual glance. He lifted himself up from his chair and shuffled to the middle of the cave.

Moving quietly, I headed towards him and presented the package of dangos. He took it gently, unwrapping it and eyeing its contents. "... Thank you. Are you ready to begin?"

"Yes, Madara-sama."

"Start running."

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

It was another week before my next play date. We met again at the park, only this time Kushina left to go shopping and Sakumo stayed at the park with us, watching over us.

"Tou-san's teaching me how to use the tanto," Kakashi told me, an almost childish bragging undertone in his voice. "Hey, are you entering the academy?"

"Uh-huh," I said. "I take it you are, too?"

Kakashi nodded his head in a short motion. "You're grips getting better."

"Nee-chan's been helping me a lot, too. My chakra control's better, I swear," I told him. Kakashi seemed to smile at me.

"I bet it's not as good as my control."
"We'll just have to see about that," I said.

Be noticed. Show yourself as a strong kunoichi. Rise through the ranks. Gain power. Gain influence.

Kakashi looked over at the tree, running towards it. "First one to the top wins, then!"

I burst into a sprint, channeling chakra into my calves and the bottom of my feet. In a few seconds, I had caught up to Kakashi and we both jumped up onto the tree, sprinting vertically. It seemed Kakashi was equally adept at manipulating chakra throughout his body to give him a physical advantage. The two of us ran neck-to-neck, both of us moving as quickly as we could.

My left foot and Kakashi's right foot landed solidly at the top of the tree and we turned to look at each other, hearts pounding.

"Looks like a tie," Kakashi said approvingly, giving me an awarding glance. "... Guess you aren't so bad."

I gave him a childish grin. "Same to you. Do'ya know what class you'll be in?"

Kakashi nodded his head. "4-A."

My grin widened. "Same. Know anyone else in that class?"

Kakashi shook his head. "Just you now. But that's okay. I'm going to graduate in one year!"

"Good luck with that," I giggled. "Race you to the bottom."

"You're on!"

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

The following morning, there was an abrupt knock. I groaned from my bed and I heard Kushina walk past my bedroom, already dressed and prepared to leave for her mission for the day. I rubbed my eyes and yanked the covers off of me, just as I heard the front door open.

Kushina was surprised, because whoever she saw made her gasp.

Grabbing my silk house robe and tying it around me, I hurried into the front room, incredulous to who was there. Kushina moved aside, gesturing for the person to enter, and that's when I found out who it was.

Jiraiya.

Jiraiya's eyes landed on me, and it was like a visible weight was lifted off his shoulder. A huge smile fit on his face and he walked towards me, and kneeled down. "Hey there, hime. You gave everyone quite a scare, disappearing for almost two months."

I shrugged, trying to understand why he was here.

Perhaps he feels an obligation towards me? I reasoned. I was Tsunade's cousin and... and it seemed that she cared for me deeply. Even if she did ultimately choose to abandon me without even a goodbye.

"I'm fine now," I told him. "I'm entering the academy soon enough, too."

"I heard. I, uh, just wanted to see for myself though, you know?" Jiraiya laughed. "It's good to see you again, hime. Doing anything today?"

I looked at Kushina. She was smiling and she shook her head.

"No," I told him.

"Then how about I take you out?" Jiraiya offered, wiggling his eyebrows. "Come on, kiddo. I know just the places to go."

I forced a smile on my face, blushing and looking away shyly. "I... I guess. Hey, Nii-chan, seeing how I'm entering the academy, do you wanna help me? I wanna try the leaf exercise just like Nee-chan could, but..."

Jiraiya looked over at Kushina, as if seeking permission, and when she beamed he turned back at me and gave me the thumbs-up. "Consider it done. Go get dressed. We'll grab breakfast on our way out.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

7.4K 448 62
I will protect you with my life..... but can I really save you? Is it possible for me to actually do what I say..... or am I simply saying a bunch o...
53.9K 2.6K 48
Everything went red, literally. After everything that had happened to him Naruto finally snapped, killing the civilians that tormented him. After th...
305K 12.8K 83
I was reincarnated as a random Uchiha in Naruto, oh hell nah I'm not gonna die I will do what ever I want and I WILL SURVIVE.
100K 3.8K 31
What if I told you, that not all villains are bad. That sometimes good people do bad things, for dumb reasons. What if I told you that I wanted to he...