Strange Ones

By Diamondheart37

Alex and her friends are going to Strange Island, home of the Strange Ones, to spend their summer for a vacat... More

Strange Island
Taking the Train to Strange City
The Perfect Way To Start Our Vacation
All Over The News
Dinner with the President
Leaving the City
Truth or Slap with Strange Ones
Making Our Way to the Delta Base
The Delta Base
The Founders of Delta
Training Day
Delta Number 9
Our First Mission
Battle of the Metal Behemoths
Being Brave
Kids
Companions
Hanging with the Cat Faunus
Trico
The Message
A Night in Hotland
Into Mettaton's Room We Go
The Enemy Found
In the Garden
Strange Island's Most Wanted
Look At This Book!
Attacked in the Library
The Flower
She Ran Away...
Everything About This Place Is Crazy
Reunion
More Than A Team
Confronted, Then Captured
Chara, the Girl with the Blade
Locked Up Together
This Is All Your Fault!
Thorax's Plan
The Lady Next Door
Journey to the Dark Ones' Base
Breaking In And Out
When The Battle Begins, We Come Around
Race to Strange City
The Battle Of Strange City
Breaking the Beacon
Finding Mr. President
Showdown with Chrysalis
Can You Hear Me?
The Whole Island Knows Of Delta
Goodbye, Strange Island
A Brand New Life
The Story Continues...

There Are Blades In My Weapon!

30 1 0
By Diamondheart37

"Okay. Now that we are here, I, Weiss Schnee, will give you some advice."

Weiss had agreed to take Clarissa to the main building to find Alphys' lab. Of course, she did drag her to the door to her lab. Clarissa did question her why she did so, but she didn't get a single response from her.

"Weiss, I don't need your advice." Clarissa said. "I just needed to-"

"No! Just here me out, will you not?"

Clarissa sighed. "Fine. Shoot. Talk to me."

"First of all, don't even think of bothering her while she works." Weiss said. "She takes her job as a scientist seriously."

"And?"

"Don't startle her. If you do so, she will sometimes drop what is in her hand or will probably throw something at the door once you get in."

"And?"

"Also, don't touch anything in that lab." Weiss crossed her arms. "Now, what did I just tell you?"

"Don't bother Alphys while she's working." Clarissa said.

"Good." Weiss nodded.

"Don't startle Alphys. She get's spooked easily."

"Most importantly..."

"Don't touch anything in the lab."

"Good. Now that you know exactly what to do in the lab, I will leave you. Farewell." Weiss walked away.

"Thanks for the advice, Snow White." Clarissa mumbled, watching Weiss walk farther away from her.

Turning to the door, Clarissa swung in open and entered the lab. Over there, she found Ruby and Alphys working on a new weapon that was in a work in progress. Taking a deep breath, she cleared her throat and finally got Ruby and Alphys' attention.

"Oh! Clarissa! I..." Alphys twiddled with her fingers. "I wasn't expecting you to be here. What are you..."

"I know you guys are busy, but can I have a word with Ruby alone?" Clarissa asked.

"Yeah. Sure." Ruby turned to Alphys. "Hey, Doc. I'm just going to take a break for a moment."

"O-Okay. I needed a break from this weapon anyways." Alphys agreed, grabbing a sheet and covering the unfinished weapon with it.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Ruby asked after she and Clarissa left the lab.

"You, me, outside, now." Clarissa grabbed Ruby by the arm and started dragging her out of the main building.

After leaving the main building, Clarissa dragged Ruby to the field. Finally, she stopped dragging her.

"Ouch. Hey! What was that all about?" Ruby said while she held her arm.

With a glare, Clarissa pulled out her sniper staff and split it in half until the holographic blades came out.

"Oh."

"Why didn't you tell me that I had holographic blades in my weapon?" Clarissa wanted to know.

"Uh...I was planning to tell you." Ruby said. "How did you find out?"

"I was fighting White Pumpkin and I suddenly found this line, so I twisted it open until these blades came out."

"So, you fought that pumpkin-headed freak until you found those blades?" Ruby raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, and at the party at Mettaton's mansion, it suddenly shielded me when I was about to get myself stunned. So tell me. What is with my weapon?" Clarissa wanted to know.

Hearing Clarissa's question, Ruby suddenly grinned.

"What? Why are you grinning?"

"Oh, Clarissa." Ruby took the halves of the sniper staff from her. "The weapon we gave you, it is something called a Magnetic Dual-Bladed Sniper Staff."

"Magnetic?" Clarissa raised an eyebrow when she heard that, seeing Ruby put the halves of her weapon back together. "What makes it magnetic?"

"Well, while Rarity was making your mission attire, Alphys and I secretly slipped magnetic wristbands in the wrists of your leather jacket." Ruby explained. "Also, the bracelets of your party attire were magnetic as well."

"Then why did you say that the bracelets will give me good luck before I left for the party?"

"The way your weapon defended you from that shot, that was the good luck I was talking about."

"Wow. You are a dork when it comes to weapons." Clarissa crossed her arms.

"Thank you. You're too kind." Ruby said with her hands behind her back, then started walking.

"Hey, Ruby."

"Yeah?" Ruby looked at Clarissa.

"Before you go back to Alphys, can you help me properly use and understand my weapon more? I'm really confused about it now that you told me about it."

Ruby sighed. "Yeah. I'll be your teacher. Follow me."

After their conversation, Clarissa followed Ruby to the library of Delta Number 4. Over there, Ruby talked to Clarissa about her weapon. Clarissa learned that her weapon will have the ability to defend it's owner once the bracelets sense a threat and send a message to the weapon. Once the weapon got the message, it will start spinning to defend. For the blades, the sniper staff has crystals in both halves called Hologram Crystals, which are extremely rare and can only be found in the caves under Strange Island. The crystals are the reason why the weapon has holographic blades.

With a raised hand, Clarissa said, "Question. Does it have a dust use?"

"Well, I'm glad you asked because it does." Ruby said, then started walking. "Just wait here. I need to get something."

Clarissa watched as Ruby left the library. After Ruby was gone, she looked down at the journal Ruby gave her. She had written down everything Ruby said. It was a lot to write down, but it was worth it to her. She even drew pictures of the sniper staff and the Hologram Crystals.

"Since when was Ruby your teacher?" A voice asked, causing Clarissa to fall off her chair.

As Clarissa got back up, she turned to the table to find Alex sitting next to the chair she was sitting. "Alex? But-But how did you get here?"

Alex pulled out a silver and light blue orb from her pocket. "Teleportation device. Sans gave it to me as a gift. 'Use it wisely', he said after giving it to me."

"Okay, any good reason why you are here?" Clarissa sat back down on her chair.

"Yeah. I just came here to say I'm sorry for scolding you about you running away." Alex said.

"Um, Alex, you didn't have to apologize."

They suddenly heard the door open.

"Looks like Ruby is back. Gotta run." As Alex pressed the button on the teleportation device, she suddenly disappeared.

Clarissa's eyes were wide, but she turned to find Ruby come back with a vial holding a white crystal and another vial holding a crystal that glowed. She watched as Ruby sat down and opened one of the vials and shook the crystal out of it until it hit the table.

"This is a Hologram Crystal." Ruby opened the other one and shook the white gem out. "And this is dust. To me more specific, this piece of dust represents ice. If you put both of them together..."

Clarissa watched as Ruby moved the two gems closer to each other. The gems touched each other until they both started shaking. Suddenly, the two gems fused until they both turned into a big piece of ice.

"That is what happens. Unfortunately, it won't last long. The dust will quickly wear off, but the Hologram Crystal will stay the same."

"Uh huh." Clarissa started writing in her journal.

"Well, that's all I want to tell about the functioning of your weapon. For our next lesson, you will learn how to use it properly." Ruby pointed to the exit. "To the field we go!"

They both went back to the field afterwards. Before Ruby began the lesson, she went to get help. Luckily, she did find Cole and Petra and asked for help. They both agreed to help her train Clarissa to handle her weapon. After arriving the field, they helped her. Cole helped Clarissa with the bo staff part and Petra helped her with the dual blade part. After practicing, Ruby decided to test her by fighting her, and Cole and Petra watched.

"Okay, while we are fighting, promise you will remember everything you learned." Ruby said.

"Oh, don't worry. I think I got this." Clarissa said with confidence.

"You better." Ruby pulled out her scythe. "Ready?"

Clarissa nodded, readying her weapon. With a smirk, Ruby started running. She suddenly ran faster and faster until she turned into a swirl of red. As she got closer, Clarissa was pushed when her sniper staff and Ruby's scythe clashed with each other. Luckily, she went back on her feet and activated her dual blades. Ruby started spinning her scythe around, but Clarissa just defended herself by slashing Ruby's attacks away. Ruby was going to give her a slash, but she used all of her strength to defend herself with her sniper staff.

"Also, did you know that I slipped fire dust into your jacket pocket when you were at that party?" Ruby said.

Clarissa's eyes widen, so she reached into her pocket and pulled out a vial holding two red gems, then turned back to Ruby.

"Surprise."

Clarissa gave Ruby a glare, pushing her away and splitting her weapon in half. She put each gem into each half of her sniper staff, and the holographic blades were suddenly on fire. Cole and Petra's eyes widen when they both saw that. Ruby and Clarissa clashed again, but this time, Clarissa was getting stronger now that she is getting comfortable with her weapon. Ruby was struggling to keep stance, only using her scythe to shield herself from her attacks. As Clarissa gave Ruby one final blow, Ruby was blown away, dropping her scythe in the process. Ruby was flat on her back, seeing Clarissa pointing one of her blades at her. The fire around Clarissa's blades fade away, and Ruby smiled.

"Great job. I taught you well."

Clarissa chuckled and helped Ruby back on her feet, then watched as she ran up to her scythe and picked it up.

"Hey. I got to go back to Alphys." Ruby started walking. "Can't keep her waiting."

Clarissa nodded and watched Ruby turn into a swirl of red and speed off.

"Wow. That was awesome." A voice said, causing Clarissa to turn around to find her friends hiding behind a rock.

"How long were you guys standing there?" Clarissa asked. "How did you guys even get here?"

Each of them pulled out a teleportation device.

"Let me guess. Sans gave each of you one?" Clarissa had a stoic expression on her face.

"Uh, yes." Nona said.

"Why do you guys have teleportation devices but me?"

"Because Sans was looking for you, but since he couldn't, he decided to give one to you once he found you." Jonas said.

"Oh." Clarissa suddenly spotted a thin blade behind the rock. "And Weiss, is that you?"

Clarissa suddenly watched a pair of hands come out from behind the rock as Weiss popped up.

"And what are you doing here?"

"Look. I just want to tell I'm sorry for yelling at you after Lloyd and I found you." Weiss said. "Also, since we just witnessed you training with Ruby, I wanted to give you something as a peace offering."

Weiss came out from behind the rock and walked up to Clarissa, pulling a leather belt holding twenty vials of dust.

"Dust belt. Just in case if a fight goes extremely rocky."

"Oh. Thanks." Clarissa said taking the belt from Weiss. "And, I accept your apology."

"Thank you." Weiss suddenly felt her phone vibrate, so she pulled it out. "Oh! I need to go. Pearl needs me for something important. Again."

The humans just watched as Weiss walked away to help Pearl.

"What the heck was that all about?" Ren wanted to know.

"Ren. Did you not just hear Weiss say, 'peace offering'?" Alex replied.

"Oh. Uh, okay then."

Clarissa let out a tired huff. "All this training is making me hungry. Anyone up?"

"Yeah. Sure." Alex said.

"It's high noon already, so yeah." Jonas said.

"I could use some food for once." Ren said.

"Okay." Nona said.

The humans then started making their way back to the base, but each of them didn't know that they were being watched.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139 14 7
It has been years since peace was restored to Ninjago. Since then, Aurora and her friends have taken on the biggest challenge of their lives: establi...
880 97 26
The ninja are back for another action-packed adventure! Dive into the sequel to Darkness from Within for a world of new characters, new twists, and n...
9K 627 33
❛ I AM NOT MY FATHER. ❜ The story of the Overlord vs. the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master has been passed down for generations, but few people still believ...
11.2K 373 73
Ninjago isn't just protected by the beloved ninja force. In the shadows lurk hidden heroes, poised and ready to strike. Aurora is the leader of a gro...