One Mate and a Rejection

By bynadine

Like any other girl in Barbra High, Emerald Carson was deeply head over heels for Jared Thompson, the school'... More

One Mate and a Rejection
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

465K 9K 2.5K
By bynadine

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine

...

Chapter 10

They very next day I drove to school, blasting the music as an attempt to mask my thoughts.

Traffic was strong as usual as people headed to their lives, their jobs and education.

While I had no life at all. The only thing I ha to look forward to was the lab in science the teacher promised.

How pathetic.

Eminem's voice roared through the car, vibrating it slightly and it succeeded in blocking my mind for a bit.

"I'm gonna make you dance! It's your chance! Yeah boy, shake that butt! Oops, I mean girl! Girl, girl, girl! Now you know your my world! Now just lose it! Ahhhh! Just lose it! ahhh, go crazy!"

When the song ended, I didn't give myself the slightest second to think before quickly putting in a new CD.

When I reached school, I remained in the car for a couple of minutes, examining the cuts on my face.

The once Amanda had given me were finally fading but the scratch I'd gotten from the window was still there.

I sighed as I watched Jared and jasmine exiting her car.

They walked towards the school hand in hand, glancing at nobody but each other.

I opened my car seat feeling sick already and headed inside.

I found myself disappointed whenever i saw a face that wasn't Blade's. It was foolish how hopeful id become whenever I saw a back of a head that looked slightly like his.

I caught his face as soon as he entered the school though and just like magnets, our eyes met.

His golden caves bore into my eyes like beautiful lasers, hypnotizing me with want.

I stared at him for a long time, unable to pull away because of an invisible attractive force.

The bond was already created for us, like it was meant to be.

But somehow he managed to break it because he sent me an easy going smirk and looked down as if nothing had happened.

I stood there confused and angry.

Lunch approached too slow for my liking and I found myself seated besides Lisa, too aware of Blade sitting just four tables down from us.

I noticed Ben seated in front and decided to go talk to him.

"I'll be right back," I muttered to Lisa and stool up, going back only to grab my turkey sandwich.

"Hey," I sat besides Ben, and began to wrap my food.

He smiled, revealing dimples," Hi."

I took a bite out of my sandwhich and waited until I finished chewing to speak," I need to ask you about something."

"Ask away."

"So, I saw you talking with some of the members of the other pack and I was wondering why? I mean, I didn't wanna be too quick to judge or anything but-"

"Oh, uhh they missed the meeting do I filled them in."

"But you weren't there either."

"My mom told me."

I nodded, not quite believing him," alright. Thanks."

He smiled again," No problem."

I stood up and grabbed my sandwich, heading towards my previous table, well aware of blades eyes following my every movement.

As soon as I sat next to Lisa, she grabbed my arm, hissing besides my ear.

"Ever since you got up, Blade Russell's eyes had been glued to you!"

"what do you mean?" i faked confusion.

She gave me a pointed stare," Is there something going on that I dont know? I know your lying face, Emerald."

I sighed," I have no lying face. I'm not lying."

Jack popped up from behind her and handed her a coke and me a lemonade," yes you are. I know that face."

"Stop teaming up against me," I grabbed the lemonade bottle that reminded me too much of Jared and put it to the side.

Lisa elbowed Jack in the stomach when she noticed.

"Ow!" he mumbled," What."

"Lemonade? Seriously?"

Jack rolled his eyes," sorry, I didn't know."

I smiled," guys it's fine."

Jack rolled his eyes," I don't get girls. I mean, I love burgers, and if Lisa dumped me, I'd still love them and eat them."

Lisa smacked him with her coke and stood by, snapping," Your a pig!" before storming off.

Jack sighed," The things I put up with."

"Go after her, you idiot," I muttered.

He rolled his eyes again," I'm going, I'm going."

I had science next and I sat silently while I tried not to flinch as Mr.Jeff's voice roared at everybody, partnering them up.

"Niall you're with Sam, Amon, your your with Evan.".

I looked up when I noticed it was only me and Blade left.

"Emerald, you're with blade."

I nodded and silently cursed his name.

Blade and I headed towards our lab station wordlessly.

"I'm gonna go fill up the beaker with chemical A."

I simply nodded.

I watched as he took the bottle of the chemical and easily opened it, his large, muscular arms flexing.

When he was done, he headed towards me, his movements were almost too slow as I enjoyed the view.

He was perfect.

Too perfect. He was gorgeous.

He stood besides me and got to work. I suddenly remembered when I saw him on that balcony with that other girl.

Disappointment flared within my insides and I couldn't help but feel hopeless. I sneaked a look at him with the corner of my eye.

Even though I knew he didn't know that wolf was me, I still felt embarrassed like he did know.

I flushed scarlet when I realized he was talking to me.

"sorry, what?"

"Can you hand me test tube B?"

"Sure," I muttered still in thought. I gave him one of the two yellowish liquids and watched as he poured it down.

Suddenly, sparks began to explode out of it and within seconds, the beaker was on fire.

I heard Blade's angry voice as he screamed at me to get away. I blocked a flame from hitting me in the face and jumped to the other side, avoiding the damage to be done.

I let out a loud scream when flames began to bounce even higher, burning my science paper that sat on the table.

Mr. Jeff appeared with a fire extinguisher and shot a white substance all around including me and Blade.

The class stood in silence for a while, watching the settling beaker and all of the sudden, the beaker exploded into tiny shreds.

Mr. Jeff looked at us.

"Go, clean, up," he hit out every word.

We nodded and hurried off to the Science sinks.

There was only one mirror that blade and I shared.

We washed the chemicals off our cloths and hair, silent expect for the sound of our breathing.

Blade looked at me and decided to break the silence," You handed me the wrong chemcail."

"I know. I remembered chemical B being yellow and i saw two so I just gave you any, I'm really sorry."

He stared at me for a moment, seeing the clear grief on my face before shrugging and cracking a smile.

"Don't be, I thought it was kind off funny."

I looked at him, pausing from washing my hair," It was wasn't it."

He began to laugh," you screamed so loud! Did you see your face! I thought you peed!"

I began to laugh as well," Did you see your face? You were so angry, I thought you'd kill me!"

He bent over, clutching his stomach as he breather heavily," Mr...Jeff...w-was so red! He was so mad!"

"And the students! They were so shocked! It's all over my hair, I can't get it out."

"I'll help," Blades fingers began to message my scalp while we both chuckled lightly.

Our eyes met in the mirror and slowly our laughing began to fade. We turned to look at each other, his golden caves digging deep holes in my gaze.

My whole body shivered in delight as he grew closer and my mind, brain and common sense was suddenly thrown out the window.

I grew impatient as his lips neared mine too slowly and i wanted nothing more but to grab his head and rest my mouth on his.

Acting a reminder of reality, a picture of him and that girl popped up in my head and I pulled back quickly.

I stared into his eyes again, and finally realized why they seemed so familiar.

The black wolf! My mate! He had the exact same eyes.

I was taken back by the over whelmed feeling that took over my body.

"We should be getting back to class," I said.

He nodded, his features confused," Uhh yeah."

Blades pov

I felt stupid. More than stupid. I felt hopeless. Like the more I tried to stay away from her, the closer I get.

I almost groaned out loud, thinking about what if her lips had touched mine?

These 'what if's' and 'imagine what's' have been feeding me too much false hope.

What if we had kissed. Imagine what would have happened than?

What if we couldn't stop? Imagine if I had told her we're mates?

The desire to kiss her, even to just touch her was so strong. I felt as if I were ready to completely lose myself and spill everything to her.

How my parents left me at a young age. How I was forced to take after my fathers footsteps and just how much she made me feel.

Was it strange that I was vibrating with desire? Just her nearness made me tingle in pleasure and hope with hopelessness.

I wanted nothing more but to embrace her into my soul and be her forever protecter.

I imagined waking up to her beautiful face and skipping all my daily meals because her sight and beauty had fed me enough.

I thought about that night in the forest, when her wolf was calling out to me.

I came out in the balcony after trying to bed a mortal who made me feel nothing but disgust and shame.

She had seen me with her and the guilt was too strong.

I had gotten rid of the human out of anger and thought of ways to punish myself.

As if forcing myself to stay away from Emerald wasn't punishment enough but the almost kiss was a reminder of how much I couldn't have her.

I let out a sigh as I watched her back disappearing into the hallway.

Emeralds pov

I drove home, still thinking about the almost kiss. I wanted to kiss him, it wasn't as if I didn't want to.

In fact, the urge had been so strong, it was almost impossible not to. But the tiny bit of common sense I had left showed up and brought me back to reality.

I was about to kiss an enemy!

The picture of him and that girl popped up in my head and I just couldn't seem to kiss him anymore.

Jared's face screamed no in my mind and I felt guilt afterwards.

But I had no right to think of his face while I was about to kiss blade.

I thought of how familiar his eyes had been, identical to my mate's.

Goosebumps formed throughout my body just thinking about it.

Almost.

The word echoed in my mind.

When I reached my house I found my mom on the dining table, having her late lunch.

"Theres a pack meeting today," she said without looking up," Even kids."

I nodded, noticing just how much my head hurt,"What time?"

"8."

For the next four and a half hours i studied, showered and ate. By the time it was eight o'clock, i was all dressed and ready.

I settled in the awkward silence as my mother drove to the pack house.

"You don't look good," she said after a while.

I shrugged," I feel sick. It's fine though."

The pack house was a large, a nude colored mansion with beautiful sculptures of plants.

Inside, the massive living rooms had black leather couched and maroon colored walls.

Expensive painting hung above the couches, glinting beautifully in the light.

A glass table, so sensitive looking stood in all fours in the middle.

People packed the place.

I caught sight of Lisa, jack, Jared and Jasmine.

I would have left to say hi to my dad but he stood in the far left speaking with the alphas wife.

I walked towards Lisa's direction and took a seat besides her.

"Hey, do you know what the meeting is about?" I muttered.

She smiled," Hey! And no, I don't."

The room slowly grew silent when two alphas walked in.

Jared's father, followed by blade.

I had to keep from dropping my jaw in shock.

What was he doing here! I glanced around the room and saw Marshall Evans from the enemy pack.

So this is a meeting with the enemy pack. As if by force i turned to watch Blade.

He took slow, lustful strides that made me stir with desire. My eyes bore into him, taking him in my vision, glancing up and down.

It was as if he was aware of just how slow he was walking and how much it was making me want him.

I've never really been the lustful type, so why was this one guy changing me this much?

I let my eyes trail over his wide shoulder blades and nicely sculptured chest. His muscled arms and finally his gorgeous face.

Ive never seen someone so beautiful.

His golden eyes, identical to my mates made me guilty with the hope I grew.

It took me a moment to realize ive been staring for too long.

His eyes bore into mine and the smirk on his face proved that he was aware of me checking him out.

I quickly looked down and blushed and with the corner of my eye, I saw his smirk widen.

The meeting began and Jared's father's hoarse voice started us off.

"Do you have anything to report?" he asked Blade.

Blade's shoulders stiffened, and he grew a serious look.

I flushed scarlet when I realized how handsome he became when business like.

"We've guarded the perimeter for three hours yesterday and we didn't see anything suspenseful. We've been watching since Friday and there's nothing to report."

Our alpha grew a hard look," You know our deal. Every three days you must have something to report. After all, you did put my son in the hospital."

Blade sighed," I understand, and I take full responsibility for my actions but I can't help that there's nothing to report."

"A deal is a deal. You shook your hand on it. If you don't have anything to report by the end of this week, than by law, I could take you out of your territory."

"Where in the law does it say that?"

"It's punishment for when an alpha breaks a deal."

Blade's pack looked amongest themselves.

"What if we have nothing to report by the end of this week?" asked Marshall.

"Than you'd better search for a new territory."

My heart dropped to my knees as it would if I was on a roller coaster. Expect this wasn't a roller coaster, it was scarier.

The thought of losing Blade seemed unthinkable to me. Like he was my air. I couldn't possibly live without air.

I looked up, hoping I didn't look too alarming. Lisa noticed and gave me a strange look.

"We know what the rouges are thinking. they're not just gonna attack. That would be too dumb. They are sending each other in human form little by little."

"How do you know this," snapped our Alpha.

"It's secret information me and my pack picked up from spying on them."

"I want all the information."

"That's my packs hard work, not yours."

"do I need to remind you again of our deal?"

Blade stood up," I don't mean to be disrespectful, after all this is your pack house but you gotta watch who your talking to. I may be younger than you but I'm just as powerful."

Jared's father stood up," I can't find it in myself to respect the son of a traitor."

"What happened with my dad and your pack isnt my business. I'm here to make up for my actions only. You want the information, I'll give it to you, but thats it. I'm not about to spill all our other secrets to an enemy. Don't think you're intimidating me just because of your age."

Jared's dad shook his head," Like father like son. That was exactly something your dad would say."

Blade looked angry," This isn't about my dad. I can't give you a report by the end of the week because there will be nothing to report and I can't give you all my pack's hard work."

"Than it's settled? You're moving?"

"With pride-" began Blade but I quickly stood up.

I didn't know what I was doing but it seemed like the only rational thing to do to avoid reality.

I struggled to make out words forming in my mouth.

"Yes?" asked our Alpha.

"Blade, he, he has been protecting us even before the deal."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"A couple of weeks ago, a-a rouge, or at least I think it was a rouge. He pulled me inside a janitors closet at school. Blade, he heard me screaming and saved me."

Several gasps erupted from the room.

Our alpha glanced at blade," Is it true? Was he a rouge?"

Blade slowly nodded, his eyes still on me," Yes, he was."

"Why didn't you report it? The de-"

"I asked not to. I was embarrassed and didn't want anybody to know."

Our alpha nodded," I guess that makes up for putting my son in the hospital. Thank you Blade, for saving a life of our own."

Blade nodded," anytime. Is the deal off."

He nodded," yes."

Blades pack stood up and headed for the doors.

Almost immediately, I was ambushed my Lisa and Jack.

"What the hell?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Blade saved you?"

"Was that why he was starting at you?"

"We'r such bad friends, we didn't even ask if you're okay!"

I laughed lightly, ignoring the dizziness of my head.

"It's fine. And yeah, that's probably why he was looking."

"Can you elaborate on what happened," snapped Lisa.

I rolled my eyes," some guy pulled me into a closet. I screamed. Blade heard. Knocked out the guy and end of story."

"wow," muttered Lisa," Saved by an enemy. So romantic!"

I rolled my eyes again, my vision becoming really blurry," yeah."

"Emerald?"

I looked up and saw Blade standing a couple of feet away.

"We gotta go," muttered Jack, grabbing Lisa's hand and walking away.

"hey," I said.

"I just wanted to thank you. What you did in there must have been really hard for you. And I mean it when i say that. The whole pack appreciates what you did."

I smiled, surprised at how hard it was to do," No problem. We're even now."

"Are you okay?" a concerned look flashed across his face. It blurred slowly until I saw nothing anymore.

"Emerald?" a heard Blade say," Emerald!"

The last thing i felt was falling but never reaching the hard ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
459K 25.8K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.6K 96 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...