Can't Have Me

By _rareleo

Emma Anderson is a typical girl trying to get through life as she works at Starbucks while going to a Univers... More

Can't Have Me - Character Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 11

4K 114 6
By _rareleo

“Baby! Stop!” I hear Jordyn giggling at me. I spray her with the water hose nonstop. She runs around in her wet bathing suit top and shorts. I laugh and keep smiling. We’re at her Mom’s house washing Jordyn’s car. She ducks behind her car and I lift the hose above the car. She screams as she feels the wet water sprinkle over her. She gets up and runs to me fast. She tackles me to the ground.  She grabs the hose from me and opens my shorts. She lets the freezing cold water go down my bathing suit bottom. I squeal. “Noooo!”

            “Say you’re sorry!” She smirks at me evilly as I continue squealing like a little girl, which I never do.

            “I’m sorry!”

            She laughs and pulls the hose out. She stands up and sprays her car. She looks back at me winking. I roll my eyes and get up. “You’re unusually strong. I’m surprised you didn’t hurt your arm.”

            She shrugs her shoulders as I stare at her arm that doesn’t have the cast on anymore instead it’s bandage wrap to keep it from moving too much. “Doesn’t bother me much now.” She walks around her car spraying it. Once she gets done I turn off the water. I walk over to her then kiss her. She smiles and drops the hose. “Thank you for helping me wash my car. You’re a good sport.” She giggles.

            “Uh huh.” I kiss her again. I smile lightly and pull back to stare in her eyes.

            “Ladies, do you want a snack?!” Jordyn’s mom yells from the front door. We turn our attention to her.

            “Depends on what you fixed, Momma.” Jordyn says.

            “Just some sandwiches. You like sandwiches right, Emma?”

            I smile and nod my head. “Loveee them.” Jordyn and I walk to the front door.

            “No no no, get a towel before you all come inside.” Her mom says. Jordyn laughs. “How do you expect us to get a towel when they’re inside the house?” She asks. Her mom walks away I guess to get some towels. I shake my head.

            “Here you guys go.” Her mom comes back handing us towels. I wipe my body for a while until I feel dry, and I wrap the towel around me so I don’t drip water in her house. I walk in with Jordyn and sit down at the table to eat lunch.

            “What is it that you’re going to be, dear?” Jordyn’s mom turns her attention to me waiting for an answer.

            I swallow a piece of sandwich. “A professional basketball coach.” I smile slightly.

            “What makes you want to do that?”

            “Well-“ I put my sandwich down and wipe my mouth off with a napkin. “I enjoy basketball myself, and I know my skills. It would make me happy to coach a basketball team. You know, yell at them from the seats.” I laugh a little and so does she. Jordyn stares at me as she eats her sandwich. “I don’t care about the salary. I care about what makes me happy to be honest with you.”

            She nods her head slowly as she listens to me talk. She chews on her sandwich slowly. “Believe it or not, I wanted to be a basketball coach too when I was a two years younger than you.”

            “Oh really?”

            She nods her head to confirm what she said. “But, that’s when I had Jordyn.” She looks over at Jordyn and Jordyn looks at her. “I had this lovely one at 18 turning on 19.”

            Jordyn rolls her eyes smiling. “I’m surprised I’m an only child.” She says.

            “Your not, remember?”

            Jordyn laughs a little. “Oh right. I hate Terra.”

            “You have a sister?” I ask looking at her.

            She shakes her head yes. “A half-sister. I don’t like her. I fought with her all the time.”

            “Oh wow. You have a anger side?” I say laughing.

            “I do. So don’t get on that side.” She winks at me and smiles. I shake my head. “I’ll be sure not to.” I reply as I finish my sandwich.

            I walk inside my apartment with Jordyn. We just got back from visiting her mom. I lay my stuff on the counter and walk over to the fridge opening it.

            “Want a beer?” I ask Jordyn with my back to her as I look in the fridge.

            “Um, a beer?” She asks confused.

            I look at her. “Yes. Do you want one?”

            She raises her eyebrow at me crossing her arms.

            “No? Okay, suit yourself.” I say and grab myself a beer. I shut the door and walk over to the couch. I sit down and lift the beer up near my face. I feel it slip out of my hands. I look behind me to see Jordyn holding it. “What are you doing?” I ask and turn my body to the side more.

            She stares at the beer. “Stop drinking, Emma.”

            “Why?” I stare at her weirdly.

            “Because, it’s not good to do it’s disgusting. I’m becoming repulsed by your drinking habit.”

            “I don’t drink a lot. Now give that to me.” I reach for it and she pulls the beer up higher in the air. “No. You need to stop.”

            I stand up and stare Jordyn in the eyes. “Since when do you control me?”

            “I don’t, but stop drinking please, Emma. Your drinking has become heavier ever since we’ve been dating, and if that doesn’t say something about our relationship I don’t know what does.” She says as she turns around and sets the beer on the counter. She turns back around when she finishes her sentence. She crosses her arms staring at me.

            I scoff. “You’re referring my drinking to our relationship? What are you saying, Jordyn?”

            “I’m saying that I feel like you’re still not…okay with being in relationships.”

            I stare at her in silence.

            “Are you going to say something? Because if not I’m going to go.”

            “Go ahead and leave. That’s what your good at.”

            She begins to look at me pissed off. I knew that would get to her.

            She opens her mouth to say something, but I say something before she does. “Don’t you dare say ‘fuck you’ to me either.”

            She takes a deep breath. “Instead of fighting, let’s talk.”

            “Alright, let’s talk, Jordyn.” I say. I sit down staring at the TV. I see her from the corner of my eye sitting down next to me. I cross my arms and grit my teeth slowly.

            “You act like we’re not in a relationship, Emma. It scares me.”

            I stare at Jordyn. “You don’t act like we’re in a relationship either.”

            “So this is what this is all about? You act like we’re not in a relationship, because I don’t?”

            “No, I’m speaking the truth. Now you tell me what the hell I do that shows people or you I’m not in a relationship with you.”

            “It’s the way you act, Emma. I can’t explain it, but everywhere we go girls are constantly asking if you want to go out. I’m glad you say no, but you give them a reason to come up to you. You try to reduce saying ‘I love you’. Most of the time you never show affectionate love to me.”

            “Okay, what’s affectionate love to you?”

            “Holding my hand in public, hugging me, kissing me, cuddling with me after we have sex instead of falling fast to sleep, etc. The little things.”

            “Well, sorry, but I’m not like that. You know I’ve never been in a relationship before.”

            “Oh my god. How long are you going to keep using that excuse, Emma?”

             I watch as tears roll down Jordyn’s cheeks. I scoot closer to her and try to wipe away her tears.

            “Don’t” She says as she pulls her face away. I put my hands down. She stares at the ground in silence as tears continue to roll down her cheeks.

            After 10 minutes I finally ask her what’s making her cry.

            “Maybe you were a crush and not someone I fell in love with.”

            My heart kind of hurts when she says that, and I swallow hard as tears want to come out of my eyes.

            “Your different when we’re together, but when we were friends everything was okay. Somehow I don’t show I’m in a relationship with you, and I know for sure you don’t show it.” She continues.

            “What are you saying?”

            She bites her lower lip gently and looks at me with her teary eyes. “That we shouldn’t be together.”

            I stare at her speechless. This is one of the reasons why I didn’t want to be in a relationship, but Jordyn breaking up with me is the worst pain I’ve ever felt. I start crying and so does she. She comes closer to me and pulls me into a hug. We cry on each other’s shoulders for a while. I don’t know what to say right now or what to do.

            “Maybe it’s best you weren’t in a relationship, Emma. You don’t seem happy. I don’t want you to tell me you are or you aren’t.”

            We’ve only been dating for almost 5 months and we’re breaking up? I honestly don’t know what to do with myself right now.

            “So we’re friends?” I ask.

            She pulls away from the hug and stares in my eyes. “More like best friends.” She gives a faint smile. I smile a little back. I can’t help but to smile when she does. But it makes me wonder why she’s breaking up with me so easily? I would expect her to be more upset than I am right now.

            “I’m glad you were my first real love.” I say honestly.

            “Yeah, me too.”

            We stare in each other’s eyes for a while. Slowly we lean into a kiss. I plant my lips against her luscious lips and kiss her slowly. There was a different feeling to this kiss. A feeling of longing and desire mixed with a feeling that this is the end of something that could’ve been. I continue kissing her but deepening the kiss as we begin making-out. She pulls back slowly keeping her eyes closed. She puts one of her hands on my thigh and the other on my cheek. She bites her bottom lip.

            “I can’t get the thought of how good of a kisser you are.” She admits.

            I smile a little, but my eyes fill with tears again. A part of me is saying stay and keep kissing me, but the other part is saying that it honestly is best if we were apart.

            “I have to go-“ She says as she gets up. I grab her hand. She stands there frozen. “I have to go, Emma.” Her hand slips from mine. I watch as she walks away. She opens the door slowly and looks back at me. I stare in her eyes that look like they’re begging me to ask her to not go or to say anything for that matter. She closes her eyes and turns her head shutting the door behind her. I stare at the closed door with my mouth open and tears streaming down my cheeks.

            I move my knees to my chest and I hold them close. I cry hard feeling like I could hyperventilate any moment now.

            ‘What the hell happened?’ I ask myself. Just an hour ago we we’re together and okay. Now we’re broken up and best friends again. She was my best friend when we were dating, but now I’m not considered her girlfriend.

            I lay on my side slowly still holding onto my knees. I stay curled up in a ball and stare at the blank screen on the TV.

            I’m not sure what this feeling is, but I miss her more than anything right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put the brackets with 'On Hold', because I wasn't sure if I would continue this story for a while or not. But here's an uploaded chapter. I don't know how often I'll be uploading chapters.

Thank you for reading! =]

Love.Peace.Vote.Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 8 15
Emma followed her college boyfriend to New York City and when his career took off, he dumped her. She did what any native California girl would do, p...
2.8K 288 33
Completed. Olivia Newman is just an average girl working at an plain coffee shop called Cafe Aurora. She is all alone. Well, friend wise. With only o...
16.2K 546 25
When I first met Emma she hit me like a title wave, I guess that's what happens when you try hitting on a girl and she immediately replies by calling...
163K 3.8K 15
Emma your average, lesbian, senior in highschool has tried her best to fit in. The closest thing she has to normal is her best friend Kim. However me...