Why Me? - Garroth x Reader

By DayAfterEmma

•||~#2 in Garroth~||• 💙 WARNING 💙 There is self harm in this book, slight depression and a little bit of dr... More

Chapter 1~ first day
Chapter 2~ Y/N vs. Ivy
Chapter 3~ alone with him
Chapter 4~ weekend friends
Chapter 5 ~ daddy....please
Chapter 6~ Shadow Knight's
Chapter 7~ bloody
Chapter 9~ sleepover
Chapter 10~ Date with Garroth
Chapter 11~ Annual Sports Event
Chapter 12~ Aaron is what?!
Chapter 13~ She-wolfs
Chapter 14~ what's with him?
Chapter 15~ Goodbye
Chapter 16~ therapy
Chapter 17~ Prom
Chapter 18~ Ask the Girl
Chapter 19~ I promise, I'll come back better
Chapter 20~ Senior year 💙
Chapter 21~ Someone's watching me...
Chapter 22~ the dream
Chapter 23~ I'm not alone
Chapter 24~ Happy Birthday!
Chapter 25~ Ivy is back at it
Chapter 26~ (FINALE) Flashbacks
Book 2
Book 2 is released

Chapter 8~ the picture

1.7K 52 43
By DayAfterEmma

"Some nights you lie, some nights you don't. But they all feel the same."
-Andy Black

Y/N: your name
L/N: last name

-----------

~Aphmau's P.O.V~

I left my house and started walking to school. How am i going to look Garroth in the face after what happened? He told me he loves Y/N after he kissed me. I mean, i know he stole my first kiss, but, i mean i like him, a lot... but Y/N is like an older sister I never had, she hasn't confessed to me if she likes Garroth or not, actually she hasn't responded to me at all. Maybe she knows already and shes mad? Shouldnt I be more excited about this?

I stopped walking when i saw Laurence just standing there. "L-Laurence?!"

"Hey Aphmau, walking to school today?"

"Y-yep! Just walking to school today! Anyway. It-it's great to see you! Hehe!"

"Heh, it's great to see you too, you seem more..jumpy than usual..."

"I Do? Huh well! That's probably because i had a really crazy weekend! Hehe."

"Really? Wanna talk about it?"

"No! I mean..I'd rather talk about what you did this weekend, heh."

"N- sure."

We started walking to school.

When we got there we waited by the fountain for Garroth and Y/N. I stopped thinking about it and talked to Laurence. "Sounds like you had a crazy weekend, soccer practice sounds brutal." I say.

Laurence shrugged, "Yeah, but i like it. By the way, Garroth and Y/N told me you were into soccer."

"Th-they did?!" Oh no.

"Yeah, you should've told me sooner."

"Sorry! Heh, just didn't cross my mind! D-D-D-Did Garroth tell you anything else?"

"Just that really, and that you guys played soccer at the park with his brothers. Next time invite me, I'd love to come and school you."

"Heh! Y'know I'm not that bad at the game myself!"

"Yeah but, you've never gone up against the captain before, they almost put Y/N as the captain but she quit."

"Oh! Um, have you by any chance talked with Y/N? I've been texting her for weeks and she hasn't replied. I'm getting worried something happened to her."

"Yeah it's weird, i see her here at school though but she seems a little off, she hasn't got in trouble at all and that's what worries me. Not to mention the fact that she's been avoiding us, and she only does that when she's mad but i see no anger on her face. Maybe Garroth knows, after all he's madly in love with Y/N."

"H-h-he is?" My theory was right then.

"Ohhh yeah, he told me the other day actually. That he's had a crush on her since freshman year, and not to mention that he only flirts with girls just to get her attention. But aside from that, i really am worried about Y/N, she's like a sister to me."

"Weird, and same. She's like a older sister I never had."

"She has that protective side, oh I have to get going to the field, we have a game this weekend and team is getting first period off to practice."

"Then you better get going, don't want you to slack off!"

"Hehe...thanks, we're still on for that match though, right?"

"Heh! For sure! See ya later Laurence! Good luck! And fyi, you can't ask Y/N to play with you, i already knows she's better at soccer than you are."

"Sure thing beautiful."

He walked away. I really like Laurence too..

"Awww, isn't that cute? Laurence really seems to have a thing for you."

I turn around and see Gene. "Huh? Wha- oh, its you.."

"Its kind of sweet how he wants to wait to walk you to school. He used to do that with Y/N before she moved houses."

"Hmph!"

"Still don't want to talk to me because of Laurence? When are you gonna learn to think for yourself?"

"I am thinking for myself! I don't want to talk to you! Every time i see you, you and your Shadow Knight gang have been up to no good! Give me one reason why i should even give you the time of day!"

"Because, i know you're hiding something from Laurence and Y/N you don't want them to know about."

"Huh? What?"

"But! If you don't want to talk to me then I'll just be on my way."

"Wait! What do you know?"

"Meet me at the lockers at the far end of the school in fifthteen minutes."

"What!? I can't do that! I'll be late for class!"

"Fine, i guess you really don't care if Laurence and Y/N find out about what you're trying to hide from them." He started walking away.

"I do care! Y/N is like a sister to me!"

"Then do like i asked! See ya then freshman."

What does he want?

~time skip~

I've waited by the lockers for 15 minutes already and he still hasn't shown up. The bell rang and I'm still waiting. I growl very quietly. Where the neck is he! Maybe i can get to class in time if he hurries up!

"I like to take my time."

Did i say that out loud?

"Gene! I'm here! Now what did you want to show me?!"

"Aye, calm down. What's the rush? We got some time to just get to know each other and talk."

"Pfft! Unlike you, i actually care about my education."

"Oh i care about my education, they just don't teach me what I wanna learn. Now let me- huh?"

The guy from werewolf class came walking past us. Gene glared at him before speaking. "You, come to start something."

He growled. "I dont start fights."

"So why don't you just keep walking."

"Heh, you should consider doing the same."

"Walking was so two minutes ago for me."

"So is that stupid haircut."

"Back off or I'll make you regret saying that."

He turned to me. "Why don't you run you dumb potato!" 

I got angry to what he just called me. "Excuse me?!"

He comes closer. "Can't you see I'm trying to help?!"

"I don't need help from someone like you!"

"From the looks of it you have no idea what you're getting into."

"Maybe i know exactly what I'm getting into!"

He growled. "Now you're just being stubborn."

"Heh, that coming from the guy who doesn't even call me by my real name, do you even know my name?!"

"Why does that even matter now?"

"I don't appreciate being called a potato!"

"Then stop acting like one! You dont wanna hang out with someone like him."

"Maybe that's exactly what i want so why don't you just leave us alone so I can talk to the guy who actually talks to me!"

"Fine, do what you want. Y/N is not going to like what you're doing." He walked away.

Gene had a face that he was impressed. "Wow, you stood up to the notorious delinquent. Heh, i had no idea you could get so feisty! Another Y/N, except more girly."

"Just, shut up and tell me what you want!"

"I wanna show you this."

"That..... where did you get that?!"

"Man, Garroth is like his best friend. And not to mention he loves Y/N, Sasha told me she overheard Laurence telling Garroth how much he likes you too. Such a shame Garroth did this to him. And then not only will Laurence get mad, but Y/N would get mad both at you and Garroth. I just wanted to show you this before i showed Laurence and Y/N."

"What?! No! D-don't!"

"Hm? Well, let's make a deal then! I won't show this to them as long as you don't tell anyone about this! And... you become my pawn."

"I-.."

I got cut off by the bell.

Gene looked at me again. "Huh, that's the late bell. Tell ya what, we'll finish this conversation later, meet me and my gang at lunch outside."

"Outside? B-but we're not allowed to-"

"I'll be waiting!" He says as he walks away.

He can't be serious! This can't be happening!

I start walking to class.

~time skip~

~Y/N's P.O.V~

It was lunch and i didn't feel like being around people. I snuck outside and sat on the bleachers. I can't cut myself here, there's nothing to wash away the blood. I just had my elbow resting on my knee.

I heard footsteps coming up the bleachers. I saw Gene walking up. I automatically sighed and glared at him. "What do you want Gene?"

He gasped and put his hand on his heart. "Wow, for the first time you actually I want."

I kept glaring at him. "Let me rephrase that then. Why are you here?" I asked slightly getting annoyed.

He smirked and sat down next to me. "Well, you can't really cool me Y/N, you're a beautiful smart girl, always getting in trouble...always smiling. But lately I haven't been seeing the beautiful hot troublesome girl with that big smile. Mind telling me what's on your mind?"

Am i that easy to read? I felt his eyes looking at me. I looked over at him and sighed. "Its personal."

"I won't tell a soul, i promise Y/N." He says as he puts his arm around me. Why am I not pulling away? Normally I would put him in a headlock and kick his ass. But i just want someone right now. Maybe if i say it, I'll feel better.

"Fine, I'm trusting you. But if i find out you tell your gang. You and then are dead."

"I promise I won't even tell them."

~time skip~

~Third person~

Y/N and Gene had finished talking. Surprisingly Gene was a good listener. Y/N thought that was weird but in a way, she felt more relaxed. Gene kissed her forehead and walked back to his group.

When he got there Aphmau barely came behind the bleachers.

Aphmau spoke. "I'm here Gene."

Everyone slowly turns to look at her.

Gene spoke first, "look at you, acting like a bad girl already."

Sasha nodded, "I like this new look on her, it would be nice NOT to be the only female member of this group. But of course Y/N never wants to join."

Zenix snorted, "Can't stand the pressure Sasha?"

"I can't stand your face Zenix."

"Shut up, you love me."

"I'm not THAT desperate."

"Same."

"Quiet you two, you're going to scare away our little fish. Sorry about that, uh, what's your name again?"

Aphmau did a low sigh, "Its Aphmau!"

Gene and his group stayed silent for a moment until he spoke, "I don't like it."

"Too hard to pronounce." Sasha said.

"You should give her a nickname Gene." Zenix said.

Aphmau was confused by what was going on.

"Hm... Well earlier today she stood up to that Aaron guy, Y/N's cousin. So, she's got claws.. let's call her Kitty."

Aphmau had her eyes wide. "What?!"

"Heh, i actually like that, a pets name. But wait, does that make her kitty Jr.?" Sasha asked.

Zenix scoffed, "Why are you asking that?"

Sasha smiled, "cause Y/N is more feisty, and she even is way more feisty with Gene than anyone. She's got fox claws, Kitty is like a smaller version of Y/N."

Gene smirked. "You are absolutely right Sasha, then we'll call you Kitty, and Y/N will foxy."

"Sasha and Kittens. I like it, it's got the acronym for SK." Zenix said.

"I'm right here you know! I don't appreciate being given a nickname!" Aphmau yelled.

Gene walks closer to her. "Hm? That sounds like the tone of someone who wants me to show Laurence and Y/N a certain picture that would destroy his friendship with his best friend and a relationship between her potential boyfriend. Now I know what you're thinking, i do like Y/N, but i know that if she doesn't like me back, i know i won't have a chance. But if i show her this picture, it'll raise my chances up by 60%."

Aphmau sighed and Gene spoke again. "Face it Kitty. I have the upper hand in this situation here. And I'm going to make you into a member of my gang."

Aphmau laughed, "there is no way I would ever join you."

"Oh no? Why don't you tell Laurence and Y/N what happened between you and Garroth then."

"Its none of their business!"

"Tell that to their faces then. Look behind you.

Aphmau turned around and saw Laurence and Y/N standing there.

~Y/N's P.O.V~

After Gene left I stayed sitting down on the bleachers. I heard someone walking.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

I looked down and saw Laurence at the bottom of the bleachers. I shrugged, "Just thinking, why are you here?"

"Just finished a quick pick up game, i was about to go behind the bleachers cause i saw Aphmau walk there. Want to come with?"

I shrugged again, "sure."

I walked to the bottom and walked with Laurence behind the bleachers. That's where we saw Aph talking to Gene.

It's like Gene told her to turn around and when she did she got nervous and tense. "Aphmau!" Laurence walked towards her more with me following behind.

"Laurence?! Y/N?! Where did you guys come from?"

"Is Gene bothering you? Just finished a quick pick-up game, and then i saw you over here. Come on Aphmau, let's go.. you don't want to be around Gene."

Gene walked up next to Aphmau. "She's actually okay with being around us. Tell him Kitty."

I raised an eyebrow. Kitty? What a kinky nickname for a innocent freshman. I bet you she hasn't even had her first kiss. Who am I to talk, my first kiss was Garroth.

Laurence was confused as i was.

Aphmau looked really tense. "Uhm.. yeah.. I-I am.. Gene isn't such a bad guy once you get to know him, h-heheheh.."

Something is up. Laurence backed away from Aphmau a little. "What?"

"You heard her. She's actually been a really nice gal, i think I'm starting to see the error of my ways because of her."

Bullshit. Laurence better not believe this. "..really? Well, she is a sweet girl.. so if you're helping Gene, I'm glad to hear that!"

I mentally facepalmed and glared at Laurence.

"Yup! In fact she came out here to tell us to get back inside- I've never been so moved!"

Gene turned to Sasha and Zenix. They hesitated until Sasha spoke, "huh? Oh riiiiiight! We see the error of our ways! Hehe!"

"Oh hooow could we have been so blind?!" Way to make it so believable Zenix.

Gene turns to Aphmau. "Here Kitty, take my phone number and text me later. I might need help with homework after school. Go on with Laurence and Y/N, we'll see you around later."

Aphmau started stuttering. I saw Gene have a little smirk, "I can just PICTURE our friendship blossoming now!" He laughed.

"Uhm.... ok.. Come on Laurence, Y/N..! Heh! Uh.."

Laurence went up to her. "That's the first time someone has managed to make it through Gene.. you're really amazing!"

"Uh... don't mention it! U-uhm, n-now l-lets get to class! Hehe!"

We started walking back to class. I was walking behind them, i took a quick look back and glared at Gene, he winked at me and smiled. I scoffed and tried to catch up with Laurence and Aph.

~time skip~

It was after school and i went walking to Garroth's house with him, Zane and Vylad.

When we got to his house, i went to his room and layed later on his bed and sighed loudly. He came in after and dropped his backpack by his desk and sat next to me on the bed. "What's wrong Y/N? You've been so distant lately."

"Does your mom have any spare clothes? I hate being in this stupid uniform."

"Go ask her."

I jumped off his bed and ran downstairs to the living room to find his mom on the couch watching zombie movies. I tapped her on the shoulder and she screamed louder than the opening to a movie.

I backed up a little holding my hands in the air to surrender.

"Oh, Y/N sweetheart. You scared me." She said as she had her hand on her heart.

I scratched my cheek. "Heheh, sorry i just wanted to ask if you had any spare clothes for me, since i don't want to be in this uniform."

Her face lit up with excitement before dragging me up the stairs.

She took me to her room and started taking out a bunch of clothing that looked like my size. Why does she have my size?

"I bought these clothes hoping that one day you get to sleep over! I've never had a daughter and you remind me of a daughter I never had."

"Aww Ziana, well you're like a mother i always wanted." I know i knew my mom but i was only 5 years, i didn't have much memories with her.

"I'll be your mother-in-law one day!"

I arch my eyebrow. "Why do you say that?"

"Because you're going to marry my GarGar!"

What?! "Hold up, what?!"

Garroth came running in. "I heard screaming, are you guys alright?"

I felt my face burning redder than an apple dipped in hot sauce.

Ziana was fangirling and Garroth was confused. I covered my face with my hands.  Garroth came into the room and dragged me out and took me to his room again. I sat down on his bed,  sighing in disappointment.

He noticed and threw me his shirt that landed on top of my head. When i took off the shirt he threw, i saw him shirtless. AHGHHGHH MY HORMONES ARE OFF THE CHARTS. This can't be happening.

I looked at him and i couldn't look away. His muscles were calling my attention and just punched my hormones.

I felt the bed shift down a little. I looked next to me and saw Garroth sitting next to me. "Are you going to put the shirt on?"

I snapped out of my trance and stood up and went to the corner of his room. "Look the other way, and you better not peek."

He smirked and turned around. I quickly put on the shirt and folded my uniform. His shirt was big enough to fit me like a dress.

"You can turn around now." When he did he smiled and walked towards me.

I stood where I was standing. Garroth hovering over me he put his fingers under my chin and brought it up. We looked into each other eyes, slowly closing them as we brought our lips closer.

When we were about to kiss we heard a high pitched scream coming from the doorway. "My little GarGar is having his kiss!"

"Dammit." I heard Garroth whisper before turning to his mom.

"Mommy! I was about to! But you interrupted!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 1.6K 21
Callie is Shane's younger sister by 2 years. All Callie and her brothers are trying to do is survive in this new damaged world and protect their lov...
4.9K 196 22
Having clashed at the recommendation exams both Todoroki and Izanami do not have the best opinions of each other, But after being in the same class a...
214K 6.8K 26
Caramillia Jonicale, the last female Timelord among existence. After reaching Earth in a status bubble that kept her safe, with a stolen vortex manip...
4.5M 153K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❝ 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ ❝ 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. ❞ - 5th-7th YR. O...