OMNISCIENT

By kemrez

♧ COMPLETED ▪︎ Chapter Count: 39 + Epilogues From an omniscient view, we follow Sam'Riyah Parker, the best ba... More

▪︎ PREFACE ▪︎
Omniscient 1 ◇
Omniscient 2 ◇
Omniscient 3 ◇
Omniscient 4 ◇
Her.
Omniscient 6 ◇
Omniscient 7 ◇
Omniscient 8 ◇
Omniscient 9 ◇
Omniscient 10 ◇
Omniscient 11 ◇
Omniscient 12 ◇
Omniscient 13 ◇
Omniscient 14 ◇
Omniscient 15 ◇
Omniscient 16 ♡
Omniscient 17 ♡
Omniscient 18 ♡
Omniscient 19 ♡
Omniscient 20 ♡
Omniscient 21 ♡
Omniscient 22 ♡
Omniscient 23 ♡
Omniscient 24 ♡
Omniscient 25 ♡
Omniscient 26 ♡
Omniscient 27 ♡
Omniscient 28 ♡
Omniscient 29 ♡
Omniscient 30 ♤
Omniscient 31 ♤
Omniscient 32 ♤
Omniscient 33 ♤
Omniscient 34 ♤
Omniscient 35 ♤
Omniscient 36 ♤
Omniscient 37 ♤
Omniscient 38 ♤
Omniscient 39 ♤
♧ Epilogue I ♧
♧ Epilogue II ♧
♧ Epilogue III ♧

Omniscient 5 ◇

301 17 0
By kemrez

Chapter 5- Jace's Dealings.

"Are you okay?" Gabriel asked Sam.

"Yea, just a bit shook. I don't know what's been happening lately," Sam replied.

"It's tempting to tie you in the house right now," Gabriel said.

Sam smiled.

"I'm tempted not to come out again but I have things to do. I do not know what anyone would want from me. I feel like I need to go see my mama," Sam said.

"Mama K. Yes you need to. Want to go now?" Gabriel asked.

Sam nodded and got up. It was late but it's never to late to go to Mama K's house.

In a little over fifteen minutes, they arrived. Sam knocked since she did not know what Mama K and her dad had going on. Old but never cold, Mama K would say.

Mama K opened the door and squealed. She was always excited to see Sam'Riyah (no matter if she saw her a day ago, it was always refreshing for her).

"Hey mama." Sam melted in her embrace.

"How are you my baby? What's wrong? I know something is wrong." She looked at Sam with scrutinizing eyes.

"Can we go inside and settle first?"

Her mom nodded and they went in the living room to sit.

"Hey Gabe baby. How are you?"

"I'm good Mama K."

Sam's dad, Jace, walked in. He smiled when he saw his daughter.

"My pineapple!"

Sam rolled her eyes. Her dad called her a different fruit everyday.

"The grape took a huge turn. Hey Dad." She embraced him.

"Gabe boy!" Gabe and Jace greeted each other.

"Jace, something's worrying our daughter," Mama K voiced.

Jace got defensive.

"What's wrong?"

"Things just have been really weird. I got a really weird visit from a woman. She came an hour after the bakery was closed and asked me questions about if I am the owner and such. I got away from her then I went to a barbecue and when I was coming back someone was following me, I pulled up at a police station and they turned back," Sam explained.

Mama K gave Jace a look. He sighed.

"You said they weren't gonna' drag our children into this!" Mama K exclaimed.

Sam gave them a look. Her curiosity peaked.

"Drag into what?" she asked.

Mama K gave Gabriel a look. He took that as a cue and left the room.

"Look, I think this is the doing of some men that I had dealt with some time ago. They want money and they want it very soon. The thing is I don't have money laying around like that to pay in three months," Jace explained.

"What sort of dealings and how much money are we talking about?" Sam asked.

"I may have or may not have taken a job on myself to burn a trap house to pay for your mother's surgery," Jace replied.

"No, why? This is beyond me but why don't they go after the man who hired you?"

"The police caught on to him and his men and took all they had, so he's broke. The others are MIA or dead. Someone snitched me that I burnt the house and it's bad. I can't bring the police into this, else you guys are in danger and our family. I don't want any blood shed. Even if he gets caught, he will make sure I suffer until he gets his money," Jace said.

"How much money Dad?" Sam sighed.

"A million & half."

"What? Dad, how and where are you going to get that much money in three months? He just wants to kill, he knows something like that is impossible for people like us. We may be well off but not so much to just give that much money to some criminal!" Sam snapped.

"Honey we could at least try to pay him something so we are working on it," Mama K voiced.

Mama K felt horrible. If it wasn't for her surgery they would not be in this right now.

"So until then, I'm going to be targeted? Okay, great. I came here to be comforted, not to find out my parents are the reason for my predicament. Dad, you guys have got to face the fact that he knows that at the end of the day it's going to be blood because he knows that you guys cannot get that sort of money so soon and wants to give false hope," Sam said.

"Sam, don't tell anyone. Not even Gabe. He doesn't need to be dragged in this," Jace said.

"I won't. Don't worry, I don't even wanna think about it. Have a goodnight, I love y'all despite this foolishness."

Sam walked out to Gabriel.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Sam plastered a smile on her face and nodded.

"Yea, I just want to be home right now. I'm tired," She replied.

Gabriel nodded and they left.

She decided to contact her older brother, Sanoi. She really could use his comfort right now. She sat in the middle of her bed. Gabriel had left her some time ago and as she got ready for bed, she contacted Sanoi.

: Sanoi
Sanoi: Sam? What's wrong?
: Have any weird things been happening to you lately?
Sanoi: Weird like?
:People stalking you weird.

He sighed through the phone and Sam scrunched up her eyebrows. So he did experience it?

Sanoi: Dad told you huh?
: You knew?
Sanoi: Yea, he let me know before any weird stalking things came about.
: Why didn't you tell me?
Sanoi: Mom and Dad did not want to drag you into it, just yet.
: So why did you get to know?
Sanoi: Because... it's me.
: This isn't gonna' work out Sanoi and Dad is acting like it will.
Sanoi: I have already gave him the half
: I know you mean well but you really gave your hard earned money-
Sanoi: No it was the money I was planning to give for Mom's procedure, surgery and all. Dad didn't think I would get it so fast so he went out and you know. So, I just gave him it, it was Mom's anyway.
: Now where's the other the rest gonna' come from? I have money for my businesses and my well being but I am not going to put myself at a disadvantage to give a frikin' crazy dude who does not know the value of legal hard work!
Sanoi: Look , I'm driving and I love my life. Let me come spend the night with you. You're stressed over this. You need ya' big bro.
: I really do.

Some minutes later, Sanoi arrived and he and his sister cuddled under a blanket trying to have conversation about anything, just to keep Sam's mind off the problem at hand.

"Your niece and nephew need to see you and they want cupcakes."

Jeremiah got up in the middle of the night. He dragged on his pants and went downstairs for some water.

His mom was in the kitchen, getting a cup of water also.

"Hey mama."

"Hey baby. Look, I've been thinking..."

"About what?" Jeremiah asked.

"Riley. When will you be able to come around with the truth?" Janet asked.

"Can't we just live with the story we have now?" Jeremiah asked.

"No. The real story is going to pop up at a bad time, Jer." Janet let out.

"Leah is going to flip ma!" Jeremiah snapped.

"You're worried about Leah? Maybe she isn't the one for you if she cannot accept it and move on. After all she has seen before, if she is willing to give up because of it, something is really wrong with her," Janet said.

Jeremiah sighed. He knew it was before long that his mom would bring back up the situation.

"Mom, I don't know how to..."

"To what? Tell the story? You were young, come on. You couldn't. I made that decision for you even. You're still not ready but the truth needs to be heard."

"Okay. Okay. I'll tell her, everyone soon."

___
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.
~KemrezM 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634 57 15
She didn't know losing her bracelet on the street was the answer to all her prayers. Asena Parker a 24-year-old has been working 2 jobs to make ends...
ENVY By keishahrmsx

General Fiction

603K 23.1K 73
NEW STORY! chapters are updated frequently. No bio, just read. It's worth it
240K 2K 6
Eunice I've always had this idea of what a marriage should be like, how it should feel. Bliss, happiness, love, lust. And I've experienced it all...u...
75.5K 3.3K 32
You can find yourself drowning in a relationship that's not healthy just because you're scared of getting hurt. That's not ok. We all need to feel lo...