The Banned Mate -(Book 2 of t...

Por Soccerstudette

You don't need to read The new werewolf in town because things that were in it are described in this story bu... Mais

The Banned Mate -(Sequel to The new werewolf in town)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 14

6.1K 169 11
Por Soccerstudette

Haley's p.o.v

I'm still in darkness, everywhere I turn, I can't see. Until I started seeing a bright light and a figure walking towards me. Once the figure got close I wanted to cringe away or run but I had no idea where I was. Now standing in front of me was the person I never ever wanted to see, my mate's dad. Why was he here? I was becoming freaked out by his cinical smile and I wanted to cry but I wouldn't, I had to be strong so I can leave this awful place. I have no idea how long I have been here and it was starting to get to me. I felt like I was about to go crazy with every minute or second, or whatever time has passed.

"Hello, Haley," he said in a creepy voice. "You look just like your mother. Too bad you're the daughter of that asshole who took my beautiful girl away from me!"

"He didn't take her away from you! She wanted to be with him, not you," I said, starting to become angry.

"I see you have your mother's anger also," he said and smiled at me. "Do you know why I am here?"

"No," I said through clenched teeth.

"I'm here to take you with me," he said and lunged for me.

"No! Get off me you creep!!" I yelled, trying to stop him from taking me towards the direction he had walked to me from. "Jaaaakkkee!!!"

Jake's p.o.v

I woke up with a start, sitting up fast. I looked around the room to see nobody had woken up with me making a lot of noise. I don't really know why I woke up, I just know that I felt the need to and that my wolf was becoming restless. It's been over a week since Haley was shot and I wasn't sure if she was ever going to wake up. She can't even respond to the doctor pinching her or anything and I hate it. I wish I was the one that got shot, not her. I was the one in wolf form and yeah I might be in a coma like she is now but my wolf would have been able to heal me. I would have been healed by now.

I looked to my mate and saw her in the same state that she was in before I fell asleep. I haven't dreamt of anything since the incident. I don't know why either. It's weird to have a dreamless sleep,  maybe it's because me and my wolf are restless. I wish that was it, though. For three days I have had a huge headache and a fever but I've been keeping it to myself so that I don't worry anybody. My mom came by a few days ago to check up on me and see how I was doing but that's it. I think it's hard for her to see others with their mates and I don't blame her. I wouldn't be able to handle it if I lost Haley, either.

Me and her family, beisdes Brayden who still thinks I am the one who got her shot, get along so much better. Lane has been by my side this whole time and whenever people tell him to leave he won't because I won't. I don't mind the company, we get along great. I was a little apprehensive to talk to Haley's family because I'm not used to a family. It's always been just me and my mom so being around people that love each other so much, it's kind of hard because I never grew up with that.

As I was falling back asleep in the little bed I had next to my mate's I was woken up again and more confused then ever. I felt like I was being pulled towards Haley and it was creeping me out a little. Don't get me wrong, I wanted nothing more than to be with my mate but having my body being pulled to her was a little weird. It's just the feeling was weird, like my skin was just being pulled to hers. I stood up and held her hand, wondering what's going on. It was dark in the room so I couldn't see that well but I could tell that Haley was looking better, which made me happier. As I continued to be a creeper and stare at her, I saw her mouth twitch and I got excited.

"Haley, baby. If you can hear me, squeeze my hand," I said quietly so I wouldn't wake anybody else up. Haley's aunt and cousins are camped out in the room with us so it's a little cramped. When she didn't squeeze my hand I felt a little disappointed becuase she couldn't hear me. Her mouth twitched again and it looked like she was having an internal battle, with whom, I had no idea. Suddenly, my headache became a hundred times worse and I fell to the floor grabbing my head. My wolf was telling me to calm down but the pain was getting too painful to even understand what he was telling me to do.

"Jake!" I heard Lane yell and hands press to my chest. "What's wrong? What's happening, Dad??"

"I-I don't know," Hayden said and I arched my back because my body made me. I had no control over what was happening and it was freaking me out.

"Make...it...stop..." I whispered and felt multiple pairs of hands press on my chest, making me lay on the floor. My headache was slowly subsiding and all I had to do was focus on my breathing, trying to calm myself down. I was shivering now, the fever I had, had broke.

"Jake...are you okay?" I heard Haley's mom say.

"I-I-I th-think s-so,"I said and they grabbed some blankets, wrapping me up tightly in them. I was feeling better but exhausted so I fell asleep instantly, dreaming about my mate. We were running around in the clearing, skinnydipping in the little river, and the best part of all, she was alive and healthy.

"Jake, wake up," Hayden said and I groaned, not wanting to get up. "Oh, get up already..." I felt water being dumped on me and that water was extremely freezing!!!

"I'm up! I'm up!" I said and pulled my now soaking shirt away from my body. Towels were thrown at me and I gratefully took them. I rubbed my eyes, getting rid of my tiredness and looked at my baby. She was still laying there but she looked alive and was breathing easier than she was before.

"Hey, baby," I said quietly and held her had. Everyone walked out of the room to give me some alone time with her. Of course, Brayden gave me the evil eye but I just ignored it. "You look better today. More healthy looking. I just wish you would wake up. I can't stand not seeing those pretty eyes of yours. So, me and your family get along great now. While you have been asleep we have been talking, playing games and getting to know each other. Brayden doesn't like me that much, he thinks the reason you are like this is because of me. I don't blame him for thinking that. If I hadn't followed you, you wouldn't be here." By now small tears were forming in the corner of my eyes. "I love you so much, baby. I'm so sorry for not protecting you like I should have been. Please, just wake up, Hale. I need you, your family needs you. Just open those gorgeous eyes of yours, please." As I was speaking the last few sentences I was looking down at the hand I was holding, wanting her to just wake up and talk to me. I wanted to be the one to see her wake up but I don't know when that would happen, or if it would.

"You idiot, my eyes are open," a voice I loved so much said and I jumped up, smiling at my baby.

"Oh my gosh! You're awake! Oh my gosh!" I yelled and hugged her but pulled away when she hissed in pain. "I'm so sorry. How are you feeling?!"

"Calm down," she said, laughing. "I'm fine. Just sore. By the way, seeing you take off yours shirt was really sexy." I gaped at her, she's been awake this whole time?

"Wait, so you've been awake this whole time?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Actually, the first thing I saw when I woke up was you taking your shirt off," she said and smiled widely at me. "And my dad winking at me while he walked out." I was smiling so brightly but my smile dropped and I became totally serious.

"I missed you, babe," I said, rubbing my thumb on her cheek, staring into her gorgeous eyes. "You don't know how scared we were. How scared I was."

"I know, I'm sorry, Jake," she whispered and I held her face in my hands.

"You don't need to be sorry, Hale. You had no control over what happened," I told her and she smiled a little.

"Then why do you blame yourself?" she asked and I looked away from her.

"If I hadn't gotten in the way of you, wanting to protect you, I don't think this would have happened."

"Maybe, maybe not but it's not your fault," she said. "So don't blame yourself, okay??"

"Okay,"I said and she scooted over so I could lay next to her. I hugged her closely to me and felt so comfortable. More comfortable than I have in over a week. I missed my girl. "So, are you sure you are okay? No pain?"

"No pain. I haven't felt any pain for a while," she said and smiled at me. "So how long have I been out?"

"A week," I told her and kissed her tenderly.

"Um, by the way...your, um, your dad says he loves you," she said and I gaped at her. My father? That bastard is dead.

"Haley, he's dead..." I said and she nodded.

"I know," she said. "I saw him."

Haley's p.o.v

"Stop pulling me! Let me go you a$$hole!!" I yelled, trying to yank my arm free. "Ugh!! Where are you taking me?!"

"Shut up already!" he yelled at me and I became pissed off. Nobody besides my family can yell at me.

"Don't yell at me when you are already dragging me to who-knows-where!"

"Once we get closer I will tell you but for now, shut up!" he said and I growled at him but let him drag me to wherever he was taking me. I know I should be fighting him but I just don't know what to do. He seemed like he was actually helping me but who knows...We kept walking for what felt like forever, the light was getting brighter and it was starting to hurt my eyes the closer we got.

"Now will you tell me where the heck you are taking me?" I asked and he stopped. I felt a strange pull. Like my body was being pulled towards the light.

"You needed to be here so you can go back to my son," he said a little harshly but I could tell he didn't mean it in a bad way. "He needs you and if you were to die, he would too. Just like his mom is slowly dying right now. I don't want her to die just yet but I need you to go back. I can't stand for my son to be like this. He's heartbroken."

"None of this would have happened if you hadn't done all that crap to my mom and her family. Granted, she did find my dad because of it but you and others were killed. Why'd you do it??"

"I was in a bad place. I loved your mom more than anything. We grew up sneaking around, talking to each other and hanging out but our parents found out and well, told us lies but I didn't believe my dad like she believed hers," he said and gritted his teeth. "Then I found my mate, Jake's mom and my world crashed down. I didn't want to be with my mate, I wanted to be with your mom, the only girl I've ever known. I didn't mean to hurt my mate. And my son doesn't know how much he means to me. I know he has never met me but I love him." The pull was getting stronger and I was being pulled towards it slightly but I didn't want to go yet. I needed to find out more about him.

"I'll tell him that," I said.

"Please do. It would make me rest in peace if you did, Haley. And please tell your mom that I am sorry, for everything."

"What about your mate?"

"Don't tell her anything," he said. "Just tell your parents and Jake. That's all I ask."

"I will. You know, I hated you," I said bluntly. "But you were just in a bad place. I'll tell them for you. Goodbye, Marcos."

"Goodbye, Haley. And thanks," he said and I let myself be pulled through the bright light, waking up ina room full of monitors and blankets everywhere. I saw my dad pour water on my mate, waking him up. I had to not laugh because then it would let people know I'm up and I don't want people to crowd around me. After my dad threw Jake a towel and everybody walked out, with my dad winking at me, Jake took his shirt off and I had to try hard not to moan from the heat that was building up in my core, wanting him. When he turned around I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep again. A hand grabbed mine and I had to try hard to not squeeze onto it.

"Hey, baby," a beautiful voice that I missed said quietly and as he held my hand tightly. "You look better today. More healthy looking. I just wish you would wake up. I can't stand not seeing those pretty eyes of yours. So, me and your family get along great now. While you have been asleep we have been talking, playing games and getting to know each other. Brayden doesn't like me that much, he thinks the reason you are like this is because of me. I don't blame him for thinking that. If I hadn't followed you, you wouldn't be here." By now small tears were forming in the corner of my eyes. "I love you so much, baby. I'm so sorry for not protecting you like I should have been. Please, just wake up, Hale. I need you, your family needs you. Just open those gorgeous eyes of yours, please." As he was speaking the last few sentences I opened my eyes and was smiling at him while he looked down at our hands. He really was unobservant...

"You idiot, my eyes are open," I said and almost burst out laughing at how ecstatic he was. I missed his face so much. Being in that dark for however long I was out for was terrible. I didn't have my babe to hold me and tell me everything was going to be okay. Now that I'm awake, I know everything will definitely be okay. We laid on the bed and talked for a while before I told him what his dad had said. It took a while for it to all sink in but it did and in the end, Jake wasn't mad. I knew he wouldn't be once I explained it all to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Three days later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on, Hale. Wake up!" my mate said and I groaned, pulling the covers over me. I was able to get out of that uncomfortable bed and sleep in the one in the guest house. Yes, the one I mated Jake with. Great times.

"No!" I groaned and heard him laugh. He started jumping up and down on the bed and I started to feel sick and was about to throw up so I threw the covers off me and ran to the bathroom.

"Babe, are you okay?" Jake asked, holding my hair up. I sat back against him and closed my eyes. I've been feeling a little sick lately. I guess I just have the flu.

"Yeah, I'm-" I said but had to throw up again. After I finished and made sure I wasn't going to throw up again, I washed my mouth out and laid back on the bed. We were supposed to be going home today but I don't know if I can go through the car ride to get there.

"Haley, we need to get going," he said. "Are you okay to ride in the car?"

"I don't think so," I said, holding my stomach.

"I'll go talk to your parents," he said and left. I was feeling exhausted and before Jake walked back in I passed out, sleeping for what felt like forever. I dreamed a nice dream though. Me and Jake were walking to the park but there was a little girl between us and we were swinging her. I'm guessing that was our baby girl. She was gorgeous. I can't wait to have kids with him. As I was waking up I felt a hand running down my arm and I shivered.

"Morning," he said but it was dark in the room.

"What time is it?"

"Almost ten," he said, laughing. "You sure were tired, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess," I said then felt nauseous again.

"I think you need to go to the doctor, babe," he said and I threw up while I tried to protest. "That's it, I'm calling the pack doctor to come check you out." After he called the doctor who said he would be here soon, he carried me to the room and set me on the bed. Shortly after, like the doctor said, he showed up.

"So what seems to be the problem?" he asked.

"I've been throwing up. I think it's just the flu but Mr. Worrywart over there doesn't," I said and the doctor smiled.

"Well, I'm going to do a thorough exam, if that's okay. How much have you been throwing up?"

"Not much but I don't see what else it could be," I said and Mr. Cain, the doctor just nodded.

"Well, I'm not sure but that kind of sounds like you may be pregnant but that might not be it," he said and walked out of the room with me frozen on the bed. I could be pregnant? Oh my god! He came back in with a weird looking monitor and started setting things up. He had this little chair thing with stuff that extended out of it and it freaked me out.

"Okay, take your pants and underwear off and wrap this around you and I'll be back in a minute," he said and I sat there on the bed staring at the material. Jake had been frozen near the door this entire time, staring at my stomach.

"Jake," I whispered and he ran over to me. "Jake, I-"

"It's okay, Hale. Everything is going to be okay," he said and held my hand. "Just do what Mr. Cain says so we can be sure. I nodded and did what I was told.

"Alright! You ready?" Mr. Cain said and I just nodded. He made me sit on the chair with my legs on the things that extended outward. He put some gel on a stick thing and my stomach which was really cold. He started moving the stick, wand thing around and looked at the monitor, smiling. "Well, Haley, Jake, congratulations. You are both parents." I just laid there, frozen. I was trying to get his words to sink in but they just weren't. I'm pregnant??

____________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think please:)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.5M 46.6K 51
When Orla gets into the Private Lupus University, she meets people who may not be people at all. As she learns to navigate a new world of supernatura...
194K 5.6K 44
17 years earlier Sophie Metzger and Charlee Blackstone gave birth. Sophie to the Savior and Charlee to the Protector. Neither knowing just how import...
21.6K 853 23
Abigail lived in her sister's shadow all of her life. She had to live up to her only sister's expectations. She has her own dreams, to study music wi...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...