Chapter 8

Haley's p.o.v

I looked at my parents and thought 'Oh shit, I'm in trouble'. My dad looked beyond pissed but my mom looked calm. I had a feeling my mom would side with me if my dad didn't like the fact that I was mates with Jake. My mate had froze and I moved away from him and rubbed my neck, nervous. I hope this wouldn't turn into a fight. I love my family but now I had Jake and I hope he will be accepted by them.

By the look on my dads face I wasn't too sure he would accept my mate but I could hope. My dad was glaring at Jake so hard that it looked like he was trying to kill him with his eyes. I wouldn't doubt that's what he is trying to do...that's just how he is. I looked away from my dad because he kind of scared me when he looked like that.

"Dad, please say something," I whispered and his head snapped to face me. His face softened a little but he looked extremely mad still.

"What do you expect me to say?! You're kissing the son of the man who tried to kill your family!"

"But, Dad, I-"

"No! Don't even say it! I'm disappointed in you, Hale," he said and my eyes filled with tears.

"Daddy, I know what his father did," I said and sniffed. "But he isn't his dad. He is nothing like his dad."

"And how would you know? You're just an expert!" my dad said and I just shook my head and looked up, away from him. "Huh, Haley? How would you know what he is like?" I went over the the railing of the pier and put my head in my hands, squeezing a little so I could get some frustration.

"Answer me, Haley!" my dad said and I spun around, shocking them at how pissed off I was becoming.

"What do you want me to say?! Dad, I don't know everything but I do know him and he isn't a psycho like his father!" I yelled and turned around, facing the pier.

"But how do you know!"

"Because he's my mate!" I yelled, spinning back around. I saw all their shocked faces. My mom looked a little happy that I found him but my dad looked pissed still, not as much but enough to make tears come to my eyes. I've never had him be mad at me before. "He's my mate, Dad. That's how I know. You can like it or not but he's going to be in my life."

"Like hell he is-"

"Enough already!" my mom yelled and I saw my dad cringe. "Can't you see that she means a lot to him and he to her! Why are you so upset about that?"

"Because of Marcos-"

"I'm nothing like my father," Jake spat out and my parents turned to him with raised eyebrows. "Oh, sorry. I just hate being compared to him. I will never be like that idiot. He was psychotic and was after a woman who wasn't his mate. I watched my mom go through so much torture because he was gone. She loved him but only because he was her mate. I'm sorry for what my dad had done but I will never do that to your daughter. She means too much to me." The last sentence he said looking at me and I smiled at him.