Chapter 20

Haley's p.o.v

I'm so glad I got that epidural. I have no pain! Which I'm glad for because I'm not good with pain. I'm in the middle of pushing and I am hating it! Why do people think this is so beautiful? It's so much work! I'm just wanting these babies out of me already. I almost just had them do a C-section but nahh, I don't want that. Xavier has been holding my hands for the past two hours. I haven't been pushing for two hours, I just started but I have been in labor for two hours and he won't leave my side for anything.

"Come on, babe, you got it!" my mate said as I pushed again. I knew that one of the babies was almost out so when they started counting I pushed and sighed as I heard a baby cry.

"It's a girl!" the doctor said and placed her on my chest for mommy daughter bonding. The nurse cleaned her up a little as I cried, looking at my baby girl.

"Hi, Zevandra!" I said and saw Xavier had tears in his eyes.

"She's beautiful," Xavier whispered in my ear and kissed me. If only it was that simple, I had one more to go.

"Alright, Mom. Let's get the other one out," the doctor said and I sighed. My mom was off to the side holding Zevandra and Xavier was holding my hand. "Okay, start pushing." I took in a deep breath and pushed, trying not to scream as I did. I stopped when they stopped counting and took a deep breath then pushed again, determined to get this baby boy out right now. A few minutes later, Zachary was born and the water works started again.

"Hi, baby boy," I said and they handed me both my babies. Me and Xavier were smiling widely at how beautiful our babies were. We both decided to give them Xavier's last name and I couldn't be happier. I was pretty tired but people kept walking into the room and congratulating us. I was waiting for my family to walk in and soon, they did with big smiles on their faces.

"They are so cute, Hales!" Jess, Jane and Jess's mate were smiling at us.

""Hi, I didn't introduce myself earlier, I'm Connor Radley," Jess' mate said and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you," I said. "Want to hold Zevandra?" Jess and Jane each took one of the kids and started cooing and talking in low baby voices. I just laughed but watched as Connor stood behind Jess and looked at her with so much love that it made me go 'awww' and they all looked at me.

"You two are just so cute together!" I said and both of them looked at each other with so much love and I went 'awww' again. I can't wait until Jane finds her mate so we can all hang out and have fun.

"Well, we will let you and the babies get some sleep. You look exhausted," Jane said.

"Oh, I thought I looked so energetic," I said sarcastically while smiling. Connor looked confused but Jess just rolled her eyes and they handed me my babies back and walked out after a few hugs. After they left, me and Xavier put the babies in the little basket things they have and curled up on the bed, hoping to fall asleep for a few hours. In the morning, we will be going home and we were going to need all the help we can get with the twins. I just hope they let me sleep tonight.

____________________________________________________________________________________

So yeah, let me know what you think