Chapter 9

Haley's p.o.v

Jake just laughed while I blushed like crazy. My grandma is the most embarrassing person in the world. This is just like the time she found out I was starting puberty. The most embarrassing thing your grandma can do is pretty much feel you up while saying, 'oh look, you're boobies are coming in!' So embarrassing! My family got a kick out of that. The smirk on her face told me she was going to say something else but my grandpa walked in and wrapped her up in his arms. He always saved me from her. Of course, my grandparents started getting into it and I was getting grossed out.

"Uh...I don't know if you remember but your granddaughter and her mate are in the room!" I said but they didn't stop and I wanted to leave. I looked at Jake who was trying not to laugh and I rolled my eyes. Since my grandparents were getting nasty I ran out with Jake laughing behind me. We ran until we got to the pier and I turned around to face him and tried not to laugh.

"It's not funny! That was so gross!" I said and Jake just laughed harder. "Stop laughing!" I smacked his arm and he grabbed me and pulled me into him, smiling brightly.

"Yes, it was. You should have seen your face when they started-"

"Don't even say it!" I said, smiling at him.

"When they-"

"Nope!" I yelled and put my hand over his mouth. He just smiled and gave me a look that told me he was up to something. Without having any time to react, Jake picked me up and jumped into the water, soaking us. "Jake!"

"Sorry, I needed to cool down," he said and floated towards me with a bright smile on his face. "You looked like you needed a little thrill after what you just witnessed." He smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes, acting annoyed. I crossed my arms, only now realizing that my shirt was a little see through and you could clearly see my bright blue bikini. I didn't even want to think of how see through my shorts were, being white and all.

"Oh come on, babe. I was just kidding," Jake said and swam towards me but I turned around, trying not to laugh. He wrapped his arms around me and I tried so hard not to give into the tingles I was feeling. "Don't be like that, Hale." I turned my head to the side and looked away from him when he leaned over my shoulder to look at me. I thought he was going to just stand there holding me but instead I got his lips on my mark and I would have collapsed had his arms not been around me.

"Mmmm..." I moaned, enjoying the feelings I was getting. I could feel him getting hard behind me and it made me want him so much more than I already did. In one swift movement, Jake had me in his arms and smashed his lips to mine. I felt him carrying us, no doubt so that we can lay down and we wouldn't be in the water. I felt sand on my back and opened my eyes to see Jake hovering over me, looking like he was fighting his wolf. I put my palm on his cheek, on his face, and he leaned into it, sighing.

"Jake, look at me," I said and he slowly opened his eyes. They were a pitch black and it would have been scary if I wasn't a werewolf. His wolf was slowly trying to take over and Jake didn't want him to because he could hurt me. I understood everything that Jake was going through because I've seen my dad go through that when he was mad.