Chapter 7

Haley's p.o.v

I woke up to Brayden snoring. Ugh, I forgot he did that. And he snores LOUD! When we were younger I used to think a bear had gotten into the house and would run to my parents' room only to think there was another bear in there, but it was just my dad and brother snoring...I had a crazy imagination when I was younger. Well, I still kinda do.

This morning I was feeling good, until I remembered all that happened yesterday and kind of felt depressed. I know I won't be able to hold my parents' questions off for long but I just don't want to talk to them right now about it. If I do, I will break down sobbing and I don't want that, I've had enough crying to last me a life time! As I looked around my room I saw Jake's jacket and took a few deep breaths to not get upset all over again. Right now, all I needed was a hot shower and that's what I was going to do, even though it was only two a.m. I made the water scalding hot and it helped soothe the knots in my shoulders and back. After washing up and getting rid of all the tense muscles I had, I felt refreshed. Then I remembered I had to go to school but luckily it's Friday! Since it was only three by the time I went back to my room I decided to go downstairs and watch some t.v. for a while.

Of course, nothing was on besides infomercials so I just watched those. None of them were interesting what-so-ever and I was getting bored of them. As I sat up to turn the television off, the lights turned on and I saw my dad looking at me tiredly.

"Why aren't you in bed?" he asked and sat next to me. I sat there for a few seconds just thinking about what I would say but he pulled me into a tight hug and I sighed. "What's going on with you, baby girl? I've never seen you this depressed." I exhaled sharply and pulled away, putting my elbows on my knees and held my face in my hands.

"I don't want to talk about it, Dad," I said exasperated.

"Well you are going to talk about it whether or not you want to," he said in his dad voice and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I said and looked away.

"Don't you 'whatever' me, Haley. All me and your mom want is to know what's going on with you because we care. So start talking." I looked up at the ceiling and sighed deeply and leaned into the couch, getting ready to tell him. Just as I opened my mouth Brayden walked in and sat in between both of us. I knew he felt that I was panicking because I had to tell him. He is such a great brother and I love having him around.

"So, what are we talking about at four-thirty in the morning?" he said, acting overjoyed to be awake at this time of the day. I wanted to laugh because he looked ridiculous with his hair all messy and he was still wearing the clothes he had yesterday, which was a little gross but he was with me so whatever.

"Your sister was just about to explain to me what was wrong," our dad said and Brayden smiled widely at our dad.

"No, she's not," he said in a voice that made me want to laugh.  "Just like I said yesterday, leave her alone. When she is ready she will tell you. Now, if you will excuse me, I have two more hours of sleep to get." He jumped up and smiled at me before running up the stairs to his room, no doubt landing on his bed and knocking out. It was awkard between me and my dad when my brother left and I kept shifting in my seat, not knowing what to say.