Chapter 2

Haley's p.o.v.

I looked up at the gorgeous man in front of me, my mate. He was tall with dark, almost black hair and greyish blue eyes that sparkled as he stared at me. By his scent I knew he was a werewolf like me but he wasn't in my pack...I could already feel the pull towards him but I didn't want this. I wanted to go to college before I found my mate. I wanted to have my career going because I knew I would end up like my mom if I did accept him. I would end up getting pregnant in high school because I know I wouldn't be able to resist the urges that mates have. Take my parents for example, they mated within a few days of meeting each other.

My cousins looked at me confused and I looked away from my mate, not wanting to but I needed to. I tried to pull away from him but his arms tightened and I couldn't move.

"Don't leave," he said in a hurry. Oh my gosh. his voice was beautiful and it made my heart beat eratically.

"Let me go," I said as harsh as I could and when he didn't let go I kneed him where the sun don't shine. Yeah, I felt bad for doing that but I needed to get away before I could do anything stupid with him. I pulled my cousins along with me as I walked hurriedly to homeroom. Once we sat down I closed my eyes and breathed through my mouth because I could still smell him. I guess that was because he had just entered the room and his scent was making me squirm in my seat, my wolf wanting me to go jump him and make love to him. Stupid pervy wolf, I thought to my self.

"Hale, are you okay?" Jess asked me. I took deep breaths through my mouth and tried to focus on what she was saying but I couldn't..

"No," I said and I knew my mate heard me because we have excellent hearing and I saw his head snap towards us and he was looking at me concerned. "I need to get out of here." I was feeling like I was about to puke and my temperature seemed to get hotter within seconds to where I was almost  sweating. I don't know why he was affecting me like this. Or I could just be getting really sick. I hope it was the latter.

"Jess and I will take you to the nurse," Jane said and they helped me up.

"Where do the three of you think you are going?" our teacher, Mrs. Bonze said.

"Haley isn't feeling well so we are taking her to the nurse," Jess and Jane both said. I almost collapsed right then because I started feeling light headed. My cousins grabbed onto me tightly and walked me to the nurse without getting permission from the teacher. The nurse is a wolf so she might know what's going on.

"Oh dear," the nurse said and helped me lay on the bed in the nurses office. "Oh my. You are burning up, sweetie." She put an ice pack on my forehead and I started to feel a little better but was getting a headache. The nurse could see the pain in my face and turned to my cousins. "Do you two know why she would be like this?"

"No," they both said then Jess added, "She was fine this morning until she ran into some guy and she's been acting strange since."

"Oh she found her mate, then," the nurse said. "It seems like you were getting a wolf cold before you met him but it wasn't fully developed until you met your mate and your hormones went crazy. You will be fine. You just need to rest for a day or two at home, okay?" I nodded and she called my parents before I fell asleep. I dreamt about my mate, whose name I still don't know. We were laughing and hugging and kissing, not doing anything too intimate, which I seemed to have enjoyed. Before I could continue on with my dream I felt a cool hand running from my forehead all the way to my chin over and over. I'm not a dog...Once I felt the sparks I opened my eyes and saw my mate looking at me really concerned. I tried to sit up but he gently pushed me down again.

"Are you okay?" he asked, looking me directly in the eye.

"Uh, yeah. Just a cold," I told him and he sighed seeming sort of relieved. "What's your name?"

"Jake Anderson," he said softly, smiling at me. "What's yours?"

"Haley Jacobs," I said and smiled a little. When Jake was about to say something my mom and dad burst through the door and ran straight to me. They were very caring parents. I saw Jake move to the corner of the room but soon left and I kind of missed him.

"Baby girl, how are you feeling?" my dad asked.

"I'm fine, Dad," i said and he didn't look convinced. "I feel fine, really. The nurse just said it was a wolf cold." My mom sat on the end of my bed smiling at me which was a little creepy.

"Well, it's off to bed for you," my mom said and we walked out of the school with my dad holding me up a little. My dad was super tall, like 6'6" while my mom was only 6'2". In the car I got a few texts from Jess and Jane saying they missed me and were glad I was okay. I hated having to leave school because I have volleyball today...

"Dad," I whined. "I have volleyball tonight! If I feel better by then can I please go?" I gave him a pouty face that I knew he couldn't resist and he sighed and looked at my mom who hated when I gave her that face.

"Fine," he said. "But only if your temperature is at a healthy degree, not a hundred and ten like you just had. Thank goodness that nurse is a werewolf or she would have sent you to the hospital."

"Thank you, Daddy! I love you so much," I kissed his cheek and looked at my mom who looked sad, I knew she was faking it though. She just wants some love. "Aww, Mommy. You know I love you too!" I hugged her and she laughed and made me go to my room so I could rest up. I did as she said because if I didn't she would whoop my butt. She can be crazy when we don't do what she says. I laid down in bed just texting my friends and cousins and fell asleep so I could get rid of this temperature. It was almost back to normal and I knew that a little sleep would help, it always does. Again, I had the same dream and I still enjoyed it. I know I don't want a mate right now and if my parents found out they would be pestering me about it so much and I also had sports and school to think about. Having a mate would just make me not focus on all that and I really didn't want that at all. I needed to focus on keeping my scholarships and doing what I need to do.

Why do I feel like that's not something I want to do?

________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know what you think

-<3