Crying to the Moon

Από Liv_Casey

I desperately kicked my legs, fighting off the ice cold water, gasping for air, knowing that these few breath... Περισσότερα

Chapter One
Chapter 2: Mates and Memory Loss
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Bruises
Chapter 5: Memories
Chapter 6: New Friends
Chapter 8: Ice Cream and Jealousy
Chapter 9: Princesses
Chapter 10 : My Charming Prince
Chapter 11: Embarrassment
Chapter 12: First Date
Chapter 13: The Nightmares Return
Author's Note
Chapter 14: Hurt
Chapter 15: Coma
Chapter 16: Find Her.
Chapter 17: Remember
Chapter 18: Wake up, love.
Chapter 19: Hugs and Comas
Chapter 20: The Search
Chapter 21: Guilty Pleasure (Part 1)
Chapter 22 - Guilty Pleasure (Part 2)
Chapter 23: The Rogue
Chapter 24: Liar, Liar
Chapter 25: Judah

Chapter 7: To the Mall!

52 3 0
Από Liv_Casey

Even though Hale completely hated the idea in case I had another memory lapse, he agreed to let me go shopping with the girls, but with the condition that he was coming along as well. So despite Hale's constant protests, we all headed off to the mall. Lena drove with Keane in the passenger seat, while Hale, Willow and I all sat in the back seat. I giggled while Hale grumbled under his breath since Willow separated us, sitting in the middle of the seat. According to Willow, Hale has had the chance to spend plenty of time with me, while she's met me for the first time today. I didn't object, partly because I think Willow and I will actually be good friends, but also because it's kind of cute seeing Hale so frustrated.

After about half an hour of Willow's constant jabbering, we reached the mall. Don't get me wrong, I already really like Willow, but I have never heard someone talk for so long. I'm not even completely sure when she had the chance to breathe. Lena parked in the parking garage and we all got out of the car, Hale immediately rushing to my side and sighing of relief as he entwined his fingers with mine.

I laughed and shook my head at how anxious he was to be close to me. I really hardly even know him, but now that we're becoming closer and I can feel the pull towards him, I know that I want to get to know him.

We all strolled inside, and after a few hours of shopping at stores like American Eagle, Hollister, Rue 21, etc., we decided to sit down and eat lunch in the food court. My legs are tired from walking around so much already, probably because I'm still a bit weak, but this mall is also huge. It has two floors instead of just one, like other stores I've been to. With my memories coming back, I feel like I never really went to many stores with Rhett or Vivian, probably so people didn't see my bruises. I'm starting to slowly remember some small facts like going to a public school, but Rhett made sure to only abuse me in places that people couldn't see. If he would hit me across the face, Vivian made sure to cover the bruise with some of her makeup. She never allowed me to have makeup, always saying about how I was too ugly for any makeup to fix.

Hale reached across the table, placing his soft hand on mine to bring me out of my memories. Confusion, sadness, and concern flashed through his eyes as he searched mine. I glanced to my right and saw that the others were staring at me as well.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, I shifted in my seat and apologized, "Sorry, I just um- got lost in my thoughts. Did I miss something?"

Hale smiled slightly, still showing a bit of concern, before shaking his head, "No, it's fine. Are you going to eat?"

My stomach grumbled as I glanced down at the pepperoni pizza on the paper plate in front of me. Judging by how small I am, I probably didn't eat much before. I don't want to eat too much or else I co-

Hale cut me off by demanding, "Lark, eat. You haven't eaten hardly anything at the pack house, and you really need to get your strength back up."

I guess one piece of pizza wouldn't be too bad..

I slowly bit into the piece of pizza, my mouth watering at the amazing taste. My hunger overwhelmed me and I finished the rest of it within a matter of minutes. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the rest of the group shoot each other worried glances, then carry on with their meal. Hale finished his three slices and the group then finished theirs. We ordered a large pizza, and everyone actually finished it. Okay, even for werewolves, they can eat a lot of food.

After we finished, Hale took my bags once again, insisting that I didn't need to be carrying them around with how weak I already was, and we continued to walk around and shop a bit more. The last one that Lena took me to was called Victoria's Secret. The second we reached the store, I slightly blushed, seeing Hale and Keane coming to a dead stop outside of it. Lena laughed at their reaction and called out to them as she dragged me into the store, "Don't worry, there's a bench around the corner! We'll be out soon!"

Willow giggled along with Lena while they dragged me along with them. After seeing the prices of everything, there's no way I'm buying stuff from here. Lena rolled her eyes and reasoned, "Hon, this is stuff you actually need. You don't have to feel awkward being in here, honestly."

I hadn't even noticed I was blushing the entire time until the store started to cool down a bit. Lena chuckled, "There, see? Every girl needs bras and underwear, okay? Loosen up a bit. Now, do you know what size you wear?"

I sighed and nodded before Lena and I started searching for my size. We picked out some things and headed out of the store with Willow close behind, turning the corner to immediately find Hale and Keane sitting on a bench talking to each other. Honestly, I'm feeling a bit lightheaded and a little sick on my stomach, but it's probably from walking around so much today and feeling so overwhelmed.

Hale must have noticed because the second he saw us, he shot up from the bench, meeting us halfway with Keane following in his steps. He strolled up to me, concern etched across his face. He brushed his fingers through my straight, strawberry blonde hair and examined my face before asking, "Hey, you okay?"

Lena rolled her eyes and asked sarcastically, "Really, Hale? We were only in there maybe 30 minutes."

He softly brushed my cheeks that were now feeling a bit warm, why does it feel so hot in here? A bead of sweat started forming at my hairline and he remained still, his eyebrows furrowed as he closely examined my face.

Lena asked, her voice laced with concern, "Larken?"

I shook my head as the temperature in the room only rose higher, "I'm fine, just feeling a bit warm."

Lena walked to the left side of Hale to examine my face as well. Keane stood behind Lena, watching me carefully. Willow peeked over Hale's shoulder, her face instantly becoming startled as she stated warily, "Hale, her face is really flushed."

As I glanced at all of them staring at me, I realized there was more people around us staring that we don't even know. My breath hitched and my breathing started to pick up as the room only grew hotter and hotter. Hale stepped towards me, wrapping his arms around me and holding me against his chest. He whispered soothing, "Hey, sshh, baby, it's okay. Take deep breaths with me, okay? In.. and out.."

He continued, repeating the words softly as he took deep breaths at the same pace as me. The others still looked nervous, but only watched us carefully in silence.

After a few minutes, my heart rate slowed back to it's normal pace and I managed to control my breathing again. I still felt extremely hot and a little sick on my stomach, but it was better now that I've calmed down a bit.

Lena stepped forward, placing a hand on my shoulder as she asked, "You okay now?"

I gave her small smile and nodded, Hale softly stroking my hair as I did so. He softly rubbed my back and suggested, "I think she's had enough shopping for one day."

The others nodded and we all headed out to the garage, Hale not once leaving my side.

On the way back, Willow took the seat on the other side of Hale, with him sitting in the middle being overprotective as always. There wasn't much chatter on the way home, probably because no one knew what to say. I didn't even know what to say. I felt so guilty for making such a fun trip turn out so awkward. I just mostly tried to get some rest in an attempt to calm my nerves and my queasy stomach.

Now, as we all stood just inside the doorway of the pack house, bidding each other goodbyes, I couldn't help but still feel guilty. Without meeting anyone's gazes, I murmured, "I'm really sorry for ruining the trip. I just, I don't know what came over me, honestly."

Hale's thumb that was currently placed on the other side of my waist, starting brushing up my side to comfort me. Lena stepped forward, grabbing my hands to draw my attention back up to her, "Hey, you didn't ruin anything! You're the reason that we even went girly! Besides, it's not your fault. You're still regaining your strength and I should've thought about that before putting so much pressure on you."

I smiled, meeting her uplifting, sparkling brown eyes, "Thank you, but it's really not your fault either."

Willow chimed in, "Alright you two, no one here is at fault. It was just a little mishap, shit happens!"

We all laughed at her remark, including the boys. While I was laughing, I noticed my stomach starting to feel queasy again, warmth slowly overtaking my senses. Dammit.

My eyes widened as I felt suddenly even more sick than I was before, almost like-

Dammit!

Without even warning anyone else, I slapped my hand over my mouth and whipped out of Hale's embrace, taking off up the stairs to Hale's bathroom. If I knew where a bathroom was on the first floor, I would've just gone there. My stupid memory can remember my horrible past, but not where the damn bathroom is. Ironic.

I immediately raced through the door, dropping to my knees in front of the toilet and coughing. Footsteps raced into the room behind me, walking right over and kneeling down beside me. Soft, warm hands gently pulled my hair out of my face. A few tears left my eyes from being sick as I groaned, embarrassed at how I looked right now, "Please just go."

His soft voice soothed my senses as he stroked my back with one hand, still holding my hair with the other, "I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

I coughed, feeling like I was about to be sick again before asking, "What about the others?"

He reassured, "Don't worry, I told them to wait downstairs. I had a feeling you might be sick judging by your face when you left."

I groaned, feeling a sharp pain lurch through my stomach before lunging forward, spitting up more of what looked like the pizza from earlier.

The room was silent as Hale gently massaged my back and stroked my hair, shushing me whenever I tried to speak. After about 30 minutes, I stood up from the toilet, flushing down the remnants of my lunch and stepped over to the sink with Hale closely following. He held his hands around my waist as I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I probably shouldn't brush my teeth, but my mouth feels absolutely disgusting.

Hale softly apologized, "I'm sorry."

I gave him a puzzled look through the reflection of the mirror, seeing that he seemed genuinely upset. I furrowed my brows and asked before sticking the toothbrush in my mouth, "Why are you apologizing?"

He murmured, not quite meeting my gaze, "I made you eat that piece of pizza."

Oh. That's what he's upset about? I mean, I guess if I didn't eat it then I wouldn't be sick, but still. He was only looking out for me rather than letting me starve.

I spit the toothpaste out, rinsing my mouth then turning around to face him. Cupping his cheeks in my hands, I lifted his head to meet his sincere gaze. I frowned, noticing that he really was blaming himself for this.

Softly brushing my thumb along his cheek, I reassured, "Hey, it's not your fault. You were only looking out for me. Don't blame yourself for this, okay? It was bound to happen anyway with how much more I've been eating. Maybe I should just eat smaller amounts from now on."

He nodded, stroking my hair and gave me a light smile. I started to walk towards the bedroom door when he caught my wrist, gently pulling me back and questioning, "Where are you going?"

I replied in a "duh" tone of voice, "Um, downstairs to go see Lena, Keane, and Willow?"

He furrowed his brows, "No, you're not. You're going to stay up here and get your rest."

I gaped at him, he can't be serious. I can't just leave them down there by themselves without letting them know that I'm okay.

I reasoned, "Can't I at least let them know I'm okay?"

He shook his head, "I already mind linked them to let them know what happened."

I snapped, "I can speak for myself."

He smirked, softly pulling me into him once again. "I know you can, but you need your rest."

Crossing my arms over my chest and groaning, "You're being unreasonable."

He raised his eyebrows and gaped at me. What? He is!

"I'm being unreasonable? Lark, you were just bent over the toilet puking your guts out. You can't tell me that you don't feel a little tired after that."

Okay, so that's kind of true, but I still feel bad just leaving them like that.

Hale started making his way towards the bed, pulling me behind him.

"Uhm, Hale? What are you doing?"

Ignoring my questions, he sat down on the bed, pulling me into his lap and humming into my ear, "Like I said, you need your rest."

I shifted in between his legs enough to look over my shoulder at him, raising an eyebrow, "That doesn't mean I need you to rest with me."

He snaked his arms underneath of mine, gently pulling me back to rest against his stomach as he mumbled, "I know, but I'm not leaving my mate while she's sick."

Rolling my eyes at his remark, I was thankful that he couldn't see me. He seriously needs to stop pulling the mate card on me, although, I do feel a bit better when he's around."

While I was lost in my thoughts, the tv flicked on and the show that I watched not that long ago called Supernatural was on. I smiled and relaxed, letting myself completely fall back into Hale's embrace.

After an hour when the episode ended, Hale grimaced from behind me, "I can't believe you actually like that show."

I scoffed, smacking his chest and snapped, "It's a good tv show!"

He contradicted my statement with his own, "They killed werewolves in this episode!"

I huffed, crossing my arms and pouted, "Yea, but it's not like it actually happened."

A chuckle rumbled through his chest from behind me, "Alright, fine. I guess it wasn't that bad."

A smile made it's way onto my face as I squealed, "I knew you'd like it! Besides, the guys on there are pretty hot anyway."

He scoffed, "Not as hot as me."

I playfully hummed, "I don't know.. the Winchesters are pretty easy on the eyes."

He whimpered and I laughed, turning around in his lap to face him, "I guess you're pretty cute too tho."

He narrowed his eyes at me, holding back a grin, "Damn right I am."

I rolled my eyes as he chuckled, pulling me closer to him and planting a kiss on my cheek. My eyes began to slowly close as I listened to the sound of his heartbeat pounding in his chest. A small smile found its way onto my face as I drifted off, safely enwrapped in Hale's warm embrace.

//// Hey guys! So I wouldn't be surprised if some of you wanted to kill me, seeing that I uploaded late again. I'm sorry I've been uploading so late recently! I've been mainly focusing on another story that I'm currently writing on a different website. I know that's not much of an excuse, but I've been focusing mostly on that story because I'm almost finished with it and only have a few chapters left!! So the good news is, once I finish that one, I can finally completely focus on this one. <3 Anyways, thank you all for being so patient with me! If you like this story, please feel free to comment or vote! Love ya!

Okay, so I almost forgot to mention this, but guys.. WE'VE REACHED 100 READS!! I'm so excited!!! I know it's not much, but I'm still really happy. Thank you all sooo so much for taking the time to read this story, and even reading my annoying little author comments as well. Love you all! <3

-Liv//////

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

315K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
199K 7.5K 62
[Is being Edited.] Silveen, a young Omega who is displaced by her family due to her inability to shift, finds love and settles for it until she expe...
Rogue Queen ➵ 2.0 Από Ice

Λυκάνθρωπος

372K 13.2K 49
❝Never mess with the Royals. You'll feel the flames of hell before you even get there.❞ Back then, I wasn't anyone special. I wasn't some hero who sa...
25.4K 814 84
I was just a normal girl, despite not being human. Growing up my life was shitty, but still I was glad to be alive despite how dead I felt inside. Th...