Chapter 8: Ice Cream and Jealousy

A/N

Alright, alright, okay. You guys have a right to be mad. I haven't updated in two weeks and may I just say, I'M SORRY. Buuttttt to make it up to you guys... I'll be posting two chapters tonight!! Not one, but two! So I hope you guys enjoy and decide not to kill me!! I will try to upload the second one tonight, but I don't know how late it will be because I still have to write for my other story on a different app. For now, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! :) <3

"Maroon."

"Navy Blue."

I slumped back in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest, "Pfft, typical."

Hale rolled his eyes, "Okay, as if maroon isn't every girls favorite color."

I defended, "It's not!"

He hummed, "Okay, sure. Next question, favorite drink?"

I was slowly regaining my memories day by day. It's only been a couple of days since the mall incident, but nothing interesting has really happened. I haven't had as many nightmares lately either. Even if I did, Hale was there to comfort me after. Now, I'm regaining more facts like my favorite food, drink, color, etc. Hale and I have been doing things like this since I started getting smaller memories back, sort of as a way to get to know each other better, but also as a way of hopefully getting all of my memories back.

"Hmm, I don't know. Water?"

He gaped with a comical look in his eyes, "Water?"

I nodded and shrugged, "Yea, why not? What's wrong with water?"

He laughed, brushing his fingers through his hair and smiled, "Nothing, I guess. It's just usually not what most people think of as their favorite."

I shrugged nonchalantly, "Well, I never really drank much soda or tea or anything. I just drank whatever I could at Rhett's house, which was mostly just water, beer, or more beer. So naturally, water."

He frowned slightly, probably thinking of my past. Even though he doesn't know much, heck, I don't even know much, I can still tell that it bothers him.

He took a deep breath to bring himself back to reality and asked, "Favorite ice cream?"

I thought for a moment, but nothing came to mind. Have I ever even had ice cream?

I shrugged, "I'm not sure."

He furrowed his brows in confusion and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I don't think I've ever had ice cream. Nothing really comes to mind."

He gaped, "Seriously? You've never had ice cream?"

I rolled my eyes, "Obviously."

He chuckled, his eyes lit up, "Okay, now this is something we definitely have to fix."

I smiled and suggested, "Okay, then let's go get some."

The gleam in his eyes disappeared, replaced with a slightly worried one as he asked, "Right now?"

I nodded in reply, watching as the worried look took over his once sweet, relaxed face. I reached over entwining my fingers with his across the table and reassured, "Hale, it's okay. We've been here at the pack house for the past few days, don't you want to get out for a little while?"

His gaze swept over my face as he pondered over the suggestion in his mind and sighed, "Alright."

I squealed and smiled, jumping up from my seat to put some shoes on until he added, "But if you start feeling sick or want to come back, please tell me."