Chapter 23: The Rogue

GUYS. I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME.

CRYING TO THE MOON HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN READ OVER 1,000 TIMES!!!!!!!! 

In all seriousness, I cannot begin to explain how thankful I am for all of you. I cannot believe I have gotten this many reads on one story and it's all because of you guys and your love and support and I love you all so much. <3

In thanks, this chapter is over 3,000 words and full of Lark and Hale adorableness ;) 

Again, love you all so so so much <3 

~ Liv

Unknown P.O.V. 

The threatening voice growled over the phone, "Did you find her?" 

"N-n-no Sir, but-"

A fierce growl erupted  from the other end.

"But we may know where she is!" 

The line went silent. 

"Sir?" 

"My patience is wearing thin. Find her or become rogues."

"Y-yes, Sir."

~~~~~~

Larken's POV

I woke up in Hale's arms and hummed against the soft warmth, cuddling into him even further. His chuckle rumbled through his chest as he murmured, "Well good morning to you too."

I giggled as I kept my eyes closed and placed my finger to his mouth, "Sshh, It's not morning. It's still night and I'm still sleepy and you're extremely warm and comfy."

Hale chuckled as he brushed his fingers through my hair,  "I think the sunlight shining through my bedroom window says otherwise. As much as I'd love to stay in bed with you, my dad wanted my help dealing with pack affairs."

I groaned and sat up, pouting my lips at Hale as he climbed out of bed, "Since when do you turn down an opportunity to stay in bed with your mate?"

Hale sighed, his two toned eyes apologetically meeting mine, "Trust me, I don't want to. I really don't want to, but I need the experience for when I'm the Alpha."

I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed, refusing to meet his eyes. Hale sighed and walked into the bathroom to shower and change. I probably resembled one of Chesney's temper tantrums, but when I asked Hale to mark me last night, this wasn't how I pictured the morning after going. I thought I'd wake up to his sweet gentle kisses and he'd stay in bed and cuddle with me, but of course he has to go back to pack duties. I mean, I can't really be mad at him for being the future Alpha, but I wish I could spend more time with him, you know? 

Hale walked back into the bedroom dressed in a casual black t-shirt and jeans. He paused in front of the bed, "Larken?"

I played with my thumbs, taking interest in anything other than my mate. 

"Larken, look at me."

I ignored him.

Hale padded over to my side of the bed and lifted my chin with his fingers, "I love you." 

I sighed as he pressed his lips gently against my forehead. I met his eyes apologetically, "I love you too."

He sat down on the bed in front of me, "I know you're upset, but you know I'm going to be taking over the pack soon. If I could spend every minute of every day with you, I would, but that just isn't in the cards for Alphas."