Chapter 7: To the Mall!

Even though Hale completely hated the idea in case I had another memory lapse, he agreed to let me go shopping with the girls, but with the condition that he was coming along as well. So despite Hale's constant protests, we all headed off to the mall. Lena drove with Keane in the passenger seat, while Hale, Willow and I all sat in the back seat. I giggled while Hale grumbled under his breath since Willow separated us, sitting in the middle of the seat. According to Willow, Hale has had the chance to spend plenty of time with me, while she's met me for the first time today. I didn't object, partly because I think Willow and I will actually be good friends, but also because it's kind of cute seeing Hale so frustrated.

After about half an hour of Willow's constant jabbering, we reached the mall. Don't get me wrong, I already really like Willow, but I have never heard someone talk for so long. I'm not even completely sure when she had the chance to breathe. Lena parked in the parking garage and we all got out of the car, Hale immediately rushing to my side and sighing of relief as he entwined his fingers with mine.

I laughed and shook my head at how anxious he was to be close to me. I really hardly even know him, but now that we're becoming closer and I can feel the pull towards him, I know that I want to get to know him.

We all strolled inside, and after a few hours of shopping at stores like American Eagle, Hollister, Rue 21, etc., we decided to sit down and eat lunch in the food court. My legs are tired from walking around so much already, probably because I'm still a bit weak, but this mall is also huge. It has two floors instead of just one, like other stores I've been to. With my memories coming back, I feel like I never really went to many stores with Rhett or Vivian, probably so people didn't see my bruises. I'm starting to slowly remember some small facts like going to a public school, but Rhett made sure to only abuse me in places that people couldn't see. If he would hit me across the face, Vivian made sure to cover the bruise with some of her makeup. She never allowed me to have makeup, always saying about how I was too ugly for any makeup to fix.

Hale reached across the table, placing his soft hand on mine to bring me out of my memories. Confusion, sadness, and concern flashed through his eyes as he searched mine. I glanced to my right and saw that the others were staring at me as well.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, I shifted in my seat and apologized, "Sorry, I just um- got lost in my thoughts. Did I miss something?"

Hale smiled slightly, still showing a bit of concern, before shaking his head, "No, it's fine. Are you going to eat?"

My stomach grumbled as I glanced down at the pepperoni pizza on the paper plate in front of me. Judging by how small I am, I probably didn't eat much before. I don't want to eat too much or else I co-

Hale cut me off by demanding, "Lark, eat. You haven't eaten hardly anything at the pack house, and you really need to get your strength back up."

I guess one piece of pizza wouldn't be too bad..

I slowly bit into the piece of pizza, my mouth watering at the amazing taste. My hunger overwhelmed me and I finished the rest of it within a matter of minutes. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the rest of the group shoot each other worried glances, then carry on with their meal. Hale finished his three slices and the group then finished theirs. We ordered a large pizza, and everyone actually finished it. Okay, even for werewolves, they can eat a lot of food.

After we finished, Hale took my bags once again, insisting that I didn't need to be carrying them around with how weak I already was, and we continued to walk around and shop a bit more. The last one that Lena took me to was called Victoria's Secret. The second we reached the store, I slightly blushed, seeing Hale and Keane coming to a dead stop outside of it. Lena laughed at their reaction and called out to them as she dragged me into the store, "Don't worry, there's a bench around the corner! We'll be out soon!"